PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: A little tired of Bruce Runs!!!

-Asheth-
Feb 20, 2007, 06:35 AM
Just want to know what everyone thinks I dont know the importance of Bruce on PS2/PC may not be much there. On 360 I know its still a popular hangout. But lately I find myself partying with friends and just mixing up missions. Bruce Runs have been kind of a pain lately getting the parties together and keeping them together.

otakuP7
Feb 20, 2007, 06:44 AM
I try to avoid Bruce. Unless im partied with a group of friends that know what they are doing. Im alot like you though , I usually find myself doing a lap around the universe doing every mission on every planet. It helps keep the game fresh and the returns aint that bad either.

Im on the 360 version btw ^_-

Tsudori
Feb 20, 2007, 06:46 AM
I know what your saying, especially when someone or bruce dies and members of your party just leave instead of trying again. i enjoy bruce runs for the money and mission points but it begins to get too repetitive for its own good.

Traize
Feb 20, 2007, 06:48 AM
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get many Bruce Runs in, so the novelty has yet to wear off for me, whereas many of my friends seem a bit tired of it... I need the mission points! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Aki03
Feb 20, 2007, 07:22 AM
I like Bruce Missions, because I will need only 8-9 minutes (C-Mission) and earn 1200 meseta only for A-rank. But, how I can complete the mission within 7 minutes??? I do this with a group of 5 people and our best time was 17:15. No S-Ranking : (

Xeph0n
Feb 20, 2007, 07:35 AM
Theres no mission i hate more than bruces. Im lvl 70 fortefighter 10 and i can do it no problem but it brings out the worst in people. Its so easy to mess up even on b, and its just not worth it. Bruces C is nice because its easy money and mission points (for those that need it) when you get an S.

But for the most part i just plain refuse to do it, theres far more enjoyable missions out there. It might just be (and no offence intended) the americans who ive played with being complete dicks about it, and getting edgy when things arent going exactly to plan.

Yuicihi
Feb 20, 2007, 07:43 AM
I only do it when I'm with Sychosis.
I hate the Hive, actually. Another popular mission that people love to spam like Bruce.

Burton
Feb 20, 2007, 07:51 AM
when it comes to bruces theres a lot of dumb people out there... all i say is use common sense. its not hard

o ya such as toss the enemies everwhere and go where ur not needed. just know the map before u try to go with a higher party because that shits annoying. o and get some freakin armor people geeze.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Burton on 2007-02-20 04:54 ]</font>

redcell
Feb 20, 2007, 08:02 AM
As of late, I've been doing a whole lot of Bruce runs with my close friends =) the reason being a lot of us have hit 70/10 with our mains and are either trying out new jobs or leveling alts. Personally, I really enjoy the teamwork aspect to Bruce's Dungeon such as the switch pushing and whatnot and can't wait for more missions similar to this.

However, I have seen and experienced some of the drama that can arise with this particular mission. I'm just thankful that 90% of the time I'm doing these runs, it's with good company.

Sychosis
Feb 20, 2007, 08:09 AM
On 2007-02-20 04:43, Yuicihi wrote:
I hate the Hive, actually. Another popular mission that people love to spam like Bruce.

Is it because I am so awesome? It's OK to admit it.

Just about every party I'm in of late has ended up at Bruce somehow. Not that I mind...so close to FT 6...

Almalexia
Feb 20, 2007, 09:42 AM
Fact: Bruce blows on PC/PS2. No questions asked. You all aren't alone on this one. And Bruce in general, it's one of those missions that put you in a pissy/edgy mood. Even I was like that.

On 2007-02-20 04:43, Yuicihi wrote:

oooo>< I hate the hive. It's so hard to be an FT there with everyone so spread out D:. I don't go there anymore unless I'm using my Ff.

Eliash
Feb 20, 2007, 09:43 AM
Bruce or die!

ST is going to start banning people who don't do at least 10 Bruce missions a day!

Sephlock
Feb 20, 2007, 09:43 AM
Bruce's Dungeon on the 360 is rather depressing. There are always like 50 people standing around outside, and no one is forming groups >_<.

Sychosis
Feb 20, 2007, 09:56 AM
You need to get in on some uni 15 Bruce action then!

-Asheth-
Feb 20, 2007, 10:25 AM
Yea and the spamming i didnt even mention that. You cant even see ppls levels cause there are so many words on the screen!!!!!!

chibiLegolas
Feb 20, 2007, 01:03 PM
Bruce's Dungeon is the return of Challenge Mode from PSO days!

I love it! (if you can't tell from my sig).
Though I haven't played it to death yet. But I can't wait till they release more missoins like this one. We had so many to work up from in PSO, having just one mission like this in PSU isn't enough.

Sure it's unfortunate when the mission fails, but that's the point about this mission. It's a Challenge! Well, it's suppost to be anyways.

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2007, 01:05 PM
I've played it fully only once, so I can't say I'm tired of them. I'm not in a hurry to do them either, though. Technically, the main thing that has me hurried to do something is those short-term seasonal things. However, if it's an especially tough seasonal-thing I tend to not worry about that either.

As of right now, I'm just levelling and building up more useful arts.

CyarVictor
Feb 20, 2007, 01:07 PM
I do Bruce here and there, but i like spell leveling in Hive or party runs in multiple places like Mad Beast or Desert Terror.

MayLee
Feb 20, 2007, 01:34 PM
That type of thing needs cooperation..and something that keeps ol Brucey away frol Bil De Vears..-_-

Rashiid
Feb 20, 2007, 02:29 PM
*zzzzzzzZZzzzzzzZZZzzzzzzzz*

foamcup
Feb 20, 2007, 02:48 PM
Bruce's Dungeon sucks, it turns people into assholes. I haven't played it at all for weeks. Friends used to ask me all the time to play it, and I kept saying no, and now I don't get any more invites, it's great. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Akaimizu
Feb 20, 2007, 02:51 PM
(To the song of Madeline Khan's rendition of "tired" (blazing saddles)

Tired. Tired of doing Bruce runs.
Using these knives, wands, and guns.
I'm so.....tired.

I've blown through dozens of trails, and run them for miles,
an end not in sight.
Bruce keeps on standing OR dying, or standing AND dying,
but never will fight.
Oi!!!

Tired. Tired of running for Bruce.
Just Give me Koltova Juice.
I'm so....."let's face it everything from the first thumb knuckle and up is Kaput!"
Tiiiiiiired!!!!

Golto
Feb 20, 2007, 02:52 PM
I used to do it a lot but I got my FT to type lvl 10 so no more stupid npc Bruce for me. I'll just wait for the 2 new Co-op missions w/o npc we will get March 2(hopefully) to gain any more mpts. Well those or when we get Lab Recovery S2.

Rashiid
Feb 20, 2007, 02:55 PM
On 2007-02-20 11:48, foamcup wrote:
Bruce's Dungeon sucks, it turns people into assholes. I haven't played it at all for weeks. Friends used to ask me all the time to play it, and I kept saying no, and now I don't get any more invites, it's great. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

thank you.

ive lost 1/2 my card list just from my ex-friends that do nothing but play that.

1) its not fun.
2) all you hear is orders, "do this do that"
3) ppl think they're the best since they got an S rank on one

i wish theyd just get rid of it...

Eliash
Feb 20, 2007, 02:57 PM
I almost never get into a bad group doing Bruce. When I do I kindly excuse myself from the group after the mission and join another. With so many people doing Bruce, I don't have to stay with people I don't like. That's the good.

The bad is that Bruce makes me sleepy after running it 10+ times...but nothing I can do about that other than get more Pepsi! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Umberger
Feb 20, 2007, 03:02 PM
I only play Bruce's when I'm with people from my friends list that I know aren't going to go crazy if we don't get an S...I personally think an A on Bruce B isn't really that bad of a reward, and neither do my friends.

I usually play Agata Relics though...it's been ~a month since I even did a Bruce run. I rather like the 57-70 mission point reward, but the experience isn't exactly fantastic...nor are the drops (except those Bil De Vears dropping axes on A and Kog Nads dropping the 9* spear...but chances of finding those are slim to none given how many of those you see).

Jonty
Feb 20, 2007, 03:09 PM
=(
I don't like bruce. It never, ever works for me properly; the amount of lag i get is insane. I don't like the stupidly large returns from it either o_0

Natrokos
Feb 20, 2007, 03:14 PM
There are no words for my contempt.

I used to adore Bruce with friends....I hate it now period.

AweOfShe
Feb 20, 2007, 03:14 PM
Bruce is okay, when you don't get a team full of jerks that treat the game like a full-time job going "MP MP MP OMG OLO", and telling people how they should play their classes. Bruce's Dungeon made some people forget that this is a game, and you're supposed to have fun apparently.

But yeah, aside from that, I only enjoy playing it amongst friends. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yuicihi
Feb 20, 2007, 04:09 PM
On 2007-02-20 06:56, Sychosis wrote:

But then you'll have six people, and I'll be bored again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Shassa
Feb 20, 2007, 04:30 PM
CyarVictor wrote:
I do Bruce here and there, but i like spell leveling in Hive or party runs in multiple places like Mad Beast or Desert Terror.

That would make you my twin! Bruce's is good, I grinded it all day, once. But now I only do it once in a while. Hive runs are great for skilling up, I kill two birds with one stone and hunt Darbelans, too.

Mad Beasts S is the best mission ever. <3
A good Fortetecher can solo it in under an hour.

Midicronica
Feb 20, 2007, 04:37 PM
I only do Bruces when I need fast money or when someone asks me to help them out.

Sychosis
Feb 20, 2007, 04:46 PM
On 2007-02-20 13:09, Yuicihi wrote:

On 2007-02-20 06:56, Sychosis wrote:

But then you'll have six people, and I'll be bored again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

What we need is more people on uni 15 for multiple Bruce games!

Rashiid
Feb 20, 2007, 04:55 PM
ill go on uni 15 2day, i hope i find yall (in like 30 min)

i wanna actually partii, not just conversate in lobbies.

imma typer, but if everyone else talks, then i suppose i will

On subject: ggrrr bruce....

Sharkyland
Feb 20, 2007, 07:14 PM
When I get to the level where I can start hunting stuff... I'll do other missions, but right now I'm just kinda beefing my characters up a bit with the Bruce runs so they can solo VoC C (Seriri >.>). Though sometimes if someone is building a new char I can help them out a bit with them.

Though I'm never picky... S, A, B---- ranks... i really don't care.