PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: February 23rd Update

Para
Feb 20, 2007, 03:57 PM
Clumseyorchid says:
To clarify the changes in the 23rd update, we will be purging the illegal items on the server and making changes to grab people exploiting the game servers with third party applications. Innocent players will lose items that are not yet set for release, they will not be banned for this action.

Players who have been cheating will be removed from the server based on additional statistics generated by their in game actions. Going to have to remain vague on this point, as our secrecy lets us continue to use our methods effectively.

An item list will not be generated or sent out for player review. Everyone will have a good idea of what is available after the 23rd.
Original link to Clumsey's post:
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=21712

Dumbed down translation by someone:

1. They said not to expect a rollback, its not happening.

2. Any equipment with 11* or higher will be automatically deleted + any created after this sweep will be instantly removed.

3. 10* equipment or less obtained by "illegal means" after this will be instantly removed... Probably means synth results will be monitored, as in no more making S ranks from C rank boards.

4. Anyone KNOWN to use cheat programs will be banned permanently... Anyone that gives/receives illegal items or has them in their room/possession anywhere will be temporarily banned for 100 hours...

5. In short, all unreleased items or items gotten by illegal means AFTER this sweep will be removed, and the person MAY be banned permanently or temporarily if caught.

Yay? But seriously atleast this will help us out a bit and the PC/PS2 community.

--
Mod edit: remove JP unicodes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-02-20 15:53 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Feb 20, 2007, 04:05 PM
On 2007-02-20 12:57, Para wrote:

An item list will not be generated or sent out for player review. Everyone will have a good idea of what is available after the 23rd.

Haha! "If you still have it after the 23rd, then it's legit."

Garnet_Moon
Feb 20, 2007, 04:06 PM
Nobody cares what the JP board says. Link to the page. Stop letting the page get warped.

Zorafim
Feb 20, 2007, 04:12 PM
Hm, I'd say this is worth not having a content upgrade. I hope this will stabilize the economy, even if things are sold for ten times their worth. That's better than being an economy of trade only.

isahn80
Feb 20, 2007, 04:12 PM
Hmmm... guess it's time to trash my S-ranks.

Feeding a Psycho Wand to your PM gives it +48 XD

Syl
Feb 20, 2007, 04:14 PM
in before "I got banned WTF?!?!"

Deja
Feb 20, 2007, 04:17 PM
You think they don't have a list of what was feed to the PM? I'd just drop it in a game and leave. But then they will have record of you holding the Srank.

But we'll see.

Rashiid
Feb 20, 2007, 04:36 PM
yay, now 360 & PC/Ps2 can be 1 again!

(in theory)

Retehi
Feb 20, 2007, 04:44 PM
My god, edit this.

isahn80
Feb 20, 2007, 04:54 PM
On 2007-02-20 13:17, Deja wrote:
You think they don't have a list of what was feed to the PM? I'd just drop it in a game and leave. But then they will have record of you holding the Srank.

But we'll see.

Yeah, I'm not really worried about it. At least I tried this time around XD

BLACKR0SE
Feb 20, 2007, 05:02 PM
Cool?

Sychosis
Feb 20, 2007, 05:04 PM
Unicode FTL

AC9breaker
Feb 20, 2007, 05:06 PM
Is it really necessary to have that annoying string of JP quote text up there?

VanHalen
Feb 20, 2007, 05:08 PM
Now if we can just get the price of photons down(i sell them for 3K buy buy buy!)

Zorafim
Feb 20, 2007, 05:15 PM
Heh, photons have become my single form of income. Not even rare items can bring in as much cash flow as elemental photons can. I've stopped selling things period because of them.

Samaine
Feb 20, 2007, 06:38 PM
On 2007-02-20 13:06, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Nobody cares what the JP board says. Link to the page. Stop letting the page get warped.

seriously.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 20, 2007, 07:20 PM
On 2007-02-20 13:12, isahn80 wrote:
Hmmm... guess it's time to trash my S-ranks.

Feeding a Psycho Wand to your PM gives it +48 XD

lol, Im sure they must give loads to your PM.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-02-20 18:41 ]</font>

-Rune-
Feb 20, 2007, 07:41 PM
On 2007-02-20 14:15, Zorafim wrote:
Heh, photons have become my single form of income. Not even rare items can bring in as much cash flow as elemental photons can. I've stopped selling things period because of them.

I don't even sell photons anymore, I stopped back in beginning of january. Photons aren't the only things that sell, nor are weapons. You gotta think broader. Most of those bell pannon jellies and other enemy parts sell for really good money if you are selling them for good prices. I make anywhere from 300k -1.2 mil from just randomstuff picked up... iono maybe I'm just cute? o_O Nope definately not that

ShadowDragon28
Feb 20, 2007, 09:21 PM
On 2007-02-20 14:15, Zorafim wrote:

You and me both.

If i didnt sale any elemental photons or sale the extra special holiday decos (from holiday themed rappies) I do tend to keep fairly low prices for my photons. AS in within the 4k-10k (max) range.

My main character *would* be lvl 43 with only 100k total. One B-rank wep board and some materials and i would of been nearly broke.
Not so now though; ive got enough to actually raise 2~3 PM's and afford a couple A-rank boards and the mats i need to make the a-ranks...

Thank you holiday rappies for your droped goodies!

Back on topic:

But I am happy to see that Sega/ST is *actually* going to get tough and crack down on the
tard-tacular dweebs making and saling/giving away duped/unreleased S-Ranks and doing other harmful activities because they are using some script-cheat programs.

It would be nice if ST would release a *list* of legitly released S-rank boards that *are* available.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-02-20 18:27 ]</font>

foamcup
Feb 20, 2007, 09:36 PM
Halarod and Crea Doubles.

CelestialBlade
Feb 20, 2007, 10:08 PM
This is certainly a start, no matter how successful/unsuccessful it ends up being. This is what the players have wanted for a while, for them to start acknowledging these things.

Schubalts
Feb 20, 2007, 10:30 PM
Ohoho! This is good news that we're getting the security update as well.

Off-topic: That last GameGuard update seems to have added more of those cheat engines to the "YOU GOTS HAX! SHUT DOWN PSU NAO!" list! I can't try anymore clothes for my extra mode characters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

desolant11
Feb 20, 2007, 10:38 PM

this is from the official US forums poted by the mod. clumzy has been there since day one psodc and this website has used information from her for many years, almost always posting it as front page news and giving her/him credit. for years now. stop with the harshness.

Sychosis
Feb 20, 2007, 10:44 PM
You weren't here before the OP was edited, were you?

Zalana
Feb 20, 2007, 10:45 PM
The reason why those CE's are getting detected is because of them not being con-current with the Rev 96X and them having detected stuff, which I can't discuss with anyone here. Anyways this update might do some good so we'll just have to see how everything goes. Since Sonic Team paid nProtect everything is going well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

desolant11
Feb 20, 2007, 10:45 PM
On 2007-02-20 19:44, Sychosis wrote:
You weren't here before the OP was edited, were you?

no if i missed something idk, but i saw this in english on the us official. and STOP FOLLOWING ME!!! lol j/k

Sychosis
Feb 20, 2007, 10:48 PM
Well originally Para took a quote straight from the JP and stretched the page out to next week...

desolant11
Feb 21, 2007, 12:04 AM
On 2007-02-20 19:48, Sychosis wrote:
Well originally Para took a quote straight from the JP and stretched the page out to next week...

understood.

Para
Feb 21, 2007, 10:46 AM

For your information and others, the JP boards are much more accurate than ours and SEGA of America does jack shit to update us much on incoming content.

Though it is a shame that PSOW doesn't even support JP unicode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2007-02-21 07:46 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Feb 21, 2007, 11:37 AM
On 2007-02-21 07:46, Para wrote:

For your information and others, the JP boards are much more accurate than ours and SEGA of America does jack shit to update us much on incoming content.

Though it is a shame that PSOW doesn't even support JP unicode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2007-02-21 07:46 ]</font>

I can't read japanese.

I know 10 people on this forum who can't either.

They know 10 people each who can't.

So on, and so on.

And I know 10 people who either don't know how to use babelfish, or refuse to read the engrish it generates. I fall under the latter.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Good news, I guess. I'm tied up in Lineage 2 atm and probably won't be back on PSU until March 2nd anyway.

Rashiid
Feb 21, 2007, 11:45 AM
i trust the normal PSU site, not the JP, cauz we get what the normal one says, not JP

Cracka_J
Feb 21, 2007, 02:04 PM
I'm quite excited about this update. Hopefully everything goes smoothly, and some of the people that left due to the hacking are persuaded to come back. The word definately needs to be put out tho, as a majority have left this game for their newly aquired systems over the holiday, or have done worse and picked up burning crusade. Let them know all in psu land may still be ok! (hopefully...)

Para
Feb 22, 2007, 03:04 PM
On 2007-02-21 08:45, Rashiid wrote:
i trust the normal PSU site, not the JP, cauz we get what the normal one says, not JP

Rofl the english site said we would get Ultimate PAs but the JP site said we would only get story mission... guess who was right?

When the impending update of de ragnus, magas and zoal goug were coming... which site had the info first? JP again.

All in all... I rather put my line on the JP site than the english site after the ultimate PA screw up.

Sychosis
Feb 22, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-02-22 12:04, Para wrote:

On 2007-02-21 08:45, Rashiid wrote:

Rofl the english site said we would get Ultimate PAs but the JP site said we would only get story mission... guess who was right?

When the impending update of de ragnus, magas and zoal goug were coming... which site had the info first? JP again.

All in all... I rather put my line on the JP site than the english site after the ultimate PA screw up.

I think Rashiid is under the assumption that the only JP site out there for PSU deals exclusively with the PC/PS2 version.

A2K
Feb 22, 2007, 03:43 PM
This update would be perfect, in my opinion, of there was a meseta wipe as well. Perhaps not a total wipe that would punish everyone but maybe a... 100K or 200K cap. Something to stabilize the economy at least and make shops useful again over there.

Fyrin
Feb 22, 2007, 03:54 PM
I'm curious in to how ST is plannin on doin dis update... I mean... with da wipin of all da hacked S ranks weaps..

Syl
Feb 22, 2007, 04:19 PM
On 2007-02-22 12:43, A2K wrote:
This update would be perfect, in my opinion, of there was a meseta wipe as well. Perhaps not a total wipe that would punish everyone but maybe a... 100K or 200K cap. Something to stabilize the economy at least and make shops useful again over there.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Would make doing missions more worthwhile...

curlack45
Feb 22, 2007, 04:40 PM
you can imagine the rants about a 100k-200k wipe-out.. I mean, i've only played offline, so, heck, what do i know about getting 100k? I've never even touched it!! But all i'm saying is i've seen a 'Are site has got rid off most hackers and know we are atempting to lower price' thing. Most people will be like 'w/e', But most say, lv 1-10/20 who mabie have got scammed, or simply just can't manage that simple 100k barrier, will really complain. (And as alot of people say, there are alot of noobs out there, so that = alot of rants)

Zorafim
Feb 22, 2007, 06:07 PM
100k is rather easy to get offline. That's just one run of Perfect Zero, completable in 11 minutes.

DurakkenX
Feb 22, 2007, 06:22 PM
that's way too low... a good limit would be prolly about 10k per lvl cap...ie 70 would have 700k, 69 would have 690k, lvl 1 would have 10k...

this would give a max of 2.8mil and would mean that the meseta lvl would be about equal to where it should be as well as maintain the higher lvl of currency and ability to get some of the items that should not be gotten till later