PDA

View Full Version : Haxetta and what we should do about it.

EDOJIN
Feb 20, 2007, 05:59 PM
"is haxetta a big deal?" IMO it goes both ways. in pso mesetta was only good to buy things you would need, like to restock mates and what not. i have a feeling that in psu its gonna be the same way. realy rare items shouldn't be sold, they should be traded for another item. i have worked hard on my shop to get the supply of mesetta i have. im not greedy with it either. if someone askes me for money i will glady give them some. im my case the mesetta i make through my shop is just that... mesetta, i couldn't care less where it came from. haxetta hasn't effected me negatively at all.in fact it has made this wounderful game more enjoyable. that doesn't mean that it doesn't effect other players. i agree that haxetta has negative parts to it. this money has inflated the market, but like in real life it will balance out and come back down over time. you just have to wait it out. dedicated players that dont beleive in using haxetta should "grind" it out until the market stabilizes. one suggestion is that people who have a problem with haxetta should join together and play on another universe and sell items between themselves.

the last thing i have to say is, "when in rome do as the romans do."

BLACKR0SE
Feb 20, 2007, 06:02 PM
Its already like this. >___>

A2K
Feb 20, 2007, 06:03 PM
You know I didn't lock that last thread just so someone could start the cycle all over in a new one. With that said, though, as long as this one doesn't degenerate to flaming and personal attacks (which I certainly hope all of you are capable of doing) this one will stay unlocked.

Retehi
Feb 20, 2007, 06:07 PM
I know what we should do about haxeta. Not post about it anymore.

EDOJIN
Feb 20, 2007, 06:11 PM
i just wanted to express that there are different ways that players can deal with fake currency than yell at each other.

BLACKR0SE
Feb 20, 2007, 06:13 PM
Doesnt really matter.We have our own type of econmy.Its not bad its just seems liek alot to newbs.

DLShAdOw
Feb 20, 2007, 06:21 PM
THERE IS ONLY ONE T IN MESETA!!!

LordJoe
Feb 20, 2007, 06:25 PM
TIS JUST A TYPO >.>

There really isn't a way to fix it unless everyone in the game drops all but like 500k of it and then hackers would all agree to stop duping it. other than that...you can't fix it.

*i wish for PSuniversal peace*
Edit: sry i had like 4 typos lol i guess i was drunk

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LordJoe on 2007-02-20 21:53 ]</font>

Samaine
Feb 20, 2007, 06:37 PM
On 2007-02-20 15:25, LordJoe wrote:

*i wish for PSuniversal peace*

i agree. =D

_Deliverance_
Feb 20, 2007, 06:45 PM
On 2007-02-20 15:13, BLACKR0SE wrote:
Doesnt really matter.We have our own type of econmy.Its not bad its just seems liek alot to newbs.

qft

Tiyr
Feb 20, 2007, 06:52 PM
The only REAL problem, as I see it, is that because meseta is worthless you can't use it to buy rares and rare mats. If it still meant something, people would probably still sell this stuff. It's in that way that it affects those who would rather not get hacked meseta--I could probably buy a lot of rares more easily on the 360 servers for that very reason.

That said, I personally don't mind farming up my own mats, not being able to find a Deljaban blade for sale for less than twenty million is annoying.

AC9breaker
Feb 20, 2007, 06:59 PM
On 2007-02-20 15:07, Retehi wrote:

I'm in! Who else!?

-Rune-
Feb 20, 2007, 07:33 PM
On 2007-02-20 15:59, AC9breaker wrote:

I'm in! Who else!?

I second that, posting here won't do anything but make more enemies outta friends... :/ You'd think this were arguments about WoW best game EVAR, or FFXI makes this look like dog poo, or At least PSU kicks other MMO's arse *which I agree wif* xD well.. maybe not RO... maybe... <.<;

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 20, 2007, 07:49 PM
I think, people should try and grind more. By grinding, money dissapears from the economy. Seriously! I don't really understand what the big fuss is anyways... there's more money, so the price of things steadily increased to balance... that is economics right there! I mean, how much is a dollar worth now compared to 1950 in the US? A whole lot less, because there's a whole lot more money. I've never understood the big deal.

THE JACKEL

_Deliverance_
Feb 20, 2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah! A nickel used to buy you a coke, but now you gotta spend 10 times that?!!! OMG HAX!!!

Randomness
Feb 20, 2007, 08:08 PM
I suppose this means our currency is going to be anything that doesnt show in shops... meaning 9*+ stuff.

If you have to get lucky to find money, its pointless. Maybe SEGA will do something about meseta when they wipe the illegal S ranks...
Maybe.

EDOJIN
Feb 20, 2007, 08:37 PM
i believe in a universe where we can have fun together and not worry about petty things and just play. after all its just a game that we should have fun playing.

"love and peace" -Vash

RadiantLegend
Feb 20, 2007, 08:42 PM
Reality is people worry. People like to worry, they will find anything to make them worried.

Soukosa
Feb 20, 2007, 09:49 PM
Nothing's gonna change with this for as long as they're able to dupe meseta. At the very least we can hope that GG will keep the script kiddies from doing that. Until that happens, just don't worry about ever trying to fix it.

magenta
Feb 20, 2007, 10:25 PM
not really fussed with meseta, as inflation kinda sorts it out
though some of the items became harder to trade for as meseta becomes unacceptable for them.
photon prices do annoy me though and the ridiculous increase of their prices relative to prices of other items.

EDOJIN
Feb 20, 2007, 10:42 PM
but in good time ST will weed out all of the hackers and the inflation will go down eventualy.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 20, 2007, 10:44 PM
photon prices are high because the demand is high. It's again, economics. More people are buying boards, especially A rank ones. Each synth requires 10 photons. This uses photons fast, and with so many people doing it, the demand is very high. Therefore they cost more, just like real economics.

THE JACKEL

desolant11
Feb 20, 2007, 10:44 PM
i wouldnt worry too much about the haxeta. since you wont be able to make it anymore, and stuff is so expensive in this game, it'll dry up in a month and be gone for most players i'm sure.

Rashiid
Feb 20, 2007, 10:46 PM
as i see it (360's point of view)

its no fun having everything, not even working for it

Guy walks in partii: "hello"
Partii: "hello *hello gets big since ppl dont change shortcut XD *"
Guy pulls out Daggers of Sefrai
Partii: "o kool! i hav 3 pairs too! mee too! hey look at myne!!"
Guy: *walks away in shame, since he made his legit, and they outshow his w/ every element*

Poor Guy......

Lets make ppl like Guy happy, and end this! Peace in the PSUniverse!

Zalana
Feb 20, 2007, 10:50 PM
On 2007-02-20 15:59, AC9breaker wrote:

I'm in! Who else!?

Ditto. It's done and over, stop beating it with a stick. It'll fix itself over time unless PSU is bypassable again soon for the masses. If it bothers you that much go dump your meseta in a game.

desolant11
Feb 21, 2007, 12:23 AM
On 2007-02-20 19:46, Rashiid wrote:

Guy: *walks away in shame, since he made his legit, and they outshow his w/ every element*

Poor Guy......

Daggers of Sefrai not released so there are no legit ones. a few hacks had this and armor on pc/ps2 but all got banned now there is none. a few people have the feather legitly.

as for not working for items, i worked for all my items and meseta. i have 2 lv70s a lv 45 and a lv 30. still no blackheart and still no crea doubles. i found a har quick my second demons above run ever, so thats my good find so far.

people make big deal bout A ranks but they're only A ranks. not S. when SS rank comes out and S boards will be dropping, no one is going to care about A ranks anymore.

Weakness
Feb 21, 2007, 12:50 AM

Poor Guy......

1) No need for the fanboyism of the 360. You are not better then PC/PS2 in anyway what so ever, they are the same game. Also, you should get no say in an economy you don't deal with. Please keep all your comments about 360 and things you don't deal with to yourself. Meseta hacking is only effecting PC/PS2, your opinion is not valid.

2) They wiped all the illegal weapons I believe (or are about to). It isn't like everyone on PS2/PC has every weapon ever made. Crea Doubles are still slightly rare, good luck finding a Halarod, and high end units are hard to come by.

People don't sell these things for money, because it is about the same as toilet paper. High end items are traded for other items.

The pride you gain from getting what-ever legitimately still stays with you no matter what. It is yours, and nobody else's. There is always going to be someone out there with a better %, a better weapon, a better everything. The only thing you need to strive for in this game is to make yourself and your friends happy.

Now to get on topic,

This is just turning into PSO. Rare items are only worth rare items, and money is just for NPC things. Personally I like it this way, I sell crap I don't want through my player shop, it funds my mates/scape dolls, and I can work on making high elemental 9*'s for myself/to trade in peace.

I have a feeling that the weapon hacking will get fixed, and S ranks will remain rare. You just wont be able to buy them with money, and have to work to get what you want by finding an item of value to trade.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 21, 2007, 07:46 AM
On 2007-02-20 21:23, desolant11 wrote:

Poor Guy......

Daggers of Sefrai not released so there are no legit ones. a few hacks had this and armor on pc/ps2 but all got banned now there is none. a few people have the feather legitly

First of all, the Daggers are not released, that is correct. Secondly, Daggers of Serafi can only be Fire element, so his example does not work. Thirdly, the wipes have not happened yet, there are still people with hacked weapons. Fourth, this isn't anything to do with the meseta.

But I believe the meseta problem isn't a big deal. Basically it's boosted the grinding economy, which would be virtually non existent otherwise. Plus all the really good stuff, people just trade.

THE JACKEL

Rashiid
Feb 21, 2007, 07:48 AM
On 2007-02-20 21:50, Weakness wrote:

Poor Guy......

1) No need for the fanboyism of the 360. You are not better then PC/PS2 in anyway what so ever, they are the same game. Also, you should get no say in an economy you don't deal with. Please keep all your comments about 360 and things you don't deal with to yourself. Meseta hacking is only effecting PC/PS2, your opinion is not valid.

2) They wiped all the illegal weapons I believe (or are about to). It isn't like everyone on PS2/PC has every weapon ever made. Crea Doubles are still slightly rare, good luck finding a Halarod, and high end units are hard to come by.

People don't sell these things for money, because it is about the same as toilet paper. High end items are traded for other items.

The pride you gain from getting what-ever legitimately still stays with you no matter what. It is yours, and nobody else's. There is always going to be someone out there with a better %, a better weapon, a better everything. The only thing you need to strive for in this game is to make yourself and your friends happy.

Now to get on topic,

This is just turning into PSO. Rare items are only worth rare items, and money is just for NPC things. Personally I like it this way, I sell crap I don't want through my player shop, it funds my mates/scape dolls, and I can work on making high elemental 9*'s for myself/to trade in peace.

I have a feeling that the weapon hacking will get fixed, and S ranks will remain rare. You just wont be able to buy them with money, and have to work to get what you want by finding an item of value to trade.

1) i said nothing about the 360 except im from it
2) u act like ive never had a game where hax/mods/manipulations never happened
3) dont try to start things by saying "360 is no better than PC/Ps2, because clearly i never stated that

Rashiid
Feb 21, 2007, 07:53 AM
also, i KNOE they arent released, it was just an example ppl
i picked a random S rank weapon
damn.....

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 21, 2007, 08:56 AM
well your example would have been better if it was actually a weapon that could have different elements, but this topic is about meseta, not weapons. And S weapons are rarely, if ever, traded for meseta, so S weapons do not really apply to this topic.

THE JACKEL

Shassa
Feb 21, 2007, 09:19 AM
I dunno. To me, this is all beating a dead horse. The economy is what it is at this point. Inflation happens in all MMOs; haxeta just hastened the process.

There's nothing Sega can "do about haxeta" except increase game security so it doesn't happen again and make sure that there are plenty of money sinks in the game to balance out what's dropping in missions.

And there's zero that players can do, except stop trying to cheat. Human nature being what it is, one just has to come to terms with the fact that this will continue to be an issue, hope that Sega can address it fairly, and deal with it either way.

I'm not saying I'm fine and dandy with cheaters. But just like Sega's poor communication with updates, or my slow PS2 causing weapon lag, or a host of other issues, it is what it is. You just learn to make the most of it.

EDOJIN
Feb 21, 2007, 09:37 AM
On 2007-02-21 06:19, Shassa wrote:
You just learn to make the most of it.

i like that. i'm making the most of it. i hope that others are doing the same thing.

-Rune-
Feb 21, 2007, 10:26 AM
*yawn* Morning people's another day at wor... what the this topic still up AND not locked awesome. Anywho, not EVERYone doesn't except money for rares. I love money, I wanna have as much as possible, so anyone who wants something from me I always sell for money. People never have what I want, so I take the money and buy the materials *or a nice sub in player shop* for what I'm trying to get.

The more i think about it, I really don't think haxeta messed up prices on photons, they would have went up anyway, as someone pointed out. I mean come on if any of you drive you should know how this works... Barrels of oil were becoming limited at one point, so the prices of gas were pushed up. People got angry *me especially* but we adapted and made due. Now Gas prices are pretty sane again. Same will happen with photons. Now enjoy the game :3 Things could be worse you could be a fish... they dun play games they just go... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif :| http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif :| http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif :| http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif :| being a fish sucks ._.

Thrash777
Feb 21, 2007, 11:04 AM
Meh-seh-ta

not Meh-see-ta, or Meh-set-ta, or money, or gil, or dollars, or bucks

Rashiid
Feb 21, 2007, 11:05 AM
On 2007-02-21 05:56, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
well your example would have been better if it was actually a weapon that could have different elements, but this topic is about meseta, not weapons. And S weapons are rarely, if ever, traded for meseta, so S weapons do not really apply to this topic.

THE JACKEL

tru, my appolgizes

-Rune-
Feb 21, 2007, 11:30 AM
On 2007-02-21 08:04, Thrash777 wrote:
Meh-seh-ta

Oh god stop being so technical, you knew what I meant so why be a weirdo about it. Not like I called weapons stick thingies, or something of that nature. I'm starting to think it's the "everything must be said appropriately people" that tick me off now xD

Rashiid
Feb 21, 2007, 11:43 AM
Spears: pokies!
Cards: C-Comics!
Axes: Ank Toms-a-ho!
7* bows: Hamster-taric!
9* wand: Maji-jamama!

i say 'cash' instead of meseta

_Deliverance_
Feb 21, 2007, 11:55 AM
Meh-seh-ta

Everyone, fear the grammar nazis!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Rune-
Feb 21, 2007, 12:05 PM
I'm not poking fun at him or anything, I just don't see why that would be picked out of my statement for comment xD

Shassa
Feb 21, 2007, 12:32 PM
This past section of the thread is dedicated to all those schoolchildren who for the longest time thought people were saying "pepper alley" instead of "pep rally".

MayLee
Feb 21, 2007, 12:53 PM
On 2007-02-21 08:30, -Rune- wrote:

Meh-seh-ta

Oh god stop being so technical, you knew what I meant so why be a weirdo about it. Not like I called weapons stick thingies, or something of that nature. I'm starting to think it's the "everything must be said appropriately people" that tick me off now xD

Teehee, you said "stick thingies" XD

Anywho, I like the idea of actually working for my things. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

-Rune-
Feb 21, 2007, 01:08 PM
Yea so do I. Thas why I still haven't found anything good yet ._. well I did find a BUNCH of Deljaban and Del Jagnus [B]'s http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif even with 34% chances I made 3 out of 4 Deljabaners http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif But for some reason with 45% *i think* Del Jagnus I'm 0/2 xD

Rashiid
Feb 21, 2007, 02:35 PM
^ lol my Del Jagnus that i made yesterday had a rate of 43%, and came out ok! 18% ice, grinded it once, better than 8* twin swords

and it was w/ GH-420 (only like 30 sumthin striking)

who needs pure PMs anymore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

may grind them like 2 more tymes 2marrow, since i hav 3* lizzuck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
definatly not touching my Maggac tho, has more PP than a 9* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

gawd i luv Kubara weaps!

/endbrag lol

landi7man7
Feb 21, 2007, 03:16 PM
so yeah... ps2/pc economy is terrible...(i think something should be done but what?) also how is 360's economy... i might switch over when my subsciption is up on ps2 (although i dont feel like buying a 360... *-*)

Kaydin
Feb 21, 2007, 03:18 PM
Online games don't have economies.

dudeanonymous
Feb 21, 2007, 03:19 PM
I've seen enough of these threads...the economy is great once your high lvl you can find and sell deljabaner and del jagnus boards for 15mil and afford anything you want and it helped us all get full A rank equipment so why are you all complaining? I like the economy the way it is...I make money easy and you can find good deals from time to time...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dudeanonymous on 2007-02-21 12:20 ]</font>

Kelevra
Feb 21, 2007, 03:19 PM
Excellent assessment!!!! Guess what else is really obvious and inane that can be stated with no purpose? Guess ???? Do you have it? Yes the sun is bright, Corn is yellow, and your an ass for making a topic that has been made over and over again for several months now.

Itchee
Feb 21, 2007, 03:20 PM
On 2007-02-21 12:16, landi7man7 wrote:
so yeah... ps2/pc economy is terrible...(i think something should be done but what?) also how is 360's economy... i might switch over when my subsciption is up on ps2 (although i dont feel like buying a 360... *-*)

Its more or less the way it should be. Normal, reasonable prices....

February
Feb 21, 2007, 03:26 PM
I'd hold off on that. With this coming patch, and with the sudden lack of hacking the economy may start to fix itself over time.

JAFO22000
Feb 21, 2007, 03:36 PM
On 2007-02-21 12:19, dudeanonymous wrote:
I've seen enough of these threads...the economy is great once your high lvl you can find and sell deljabaner and del jagnus boards for 15mil and afford anything you want and it helped us all get full A rank equipment so why are you all complaining? I like the economy the way it is...I make money easy and you can find good deals from time to time...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dudeanonymous on 2007-02-21 12:20 ]</font>

Someone else who just doesn't get it....

dudeanonymous
Feb 21, 2007, 03:41 PM
On 2007-02-21 12:36, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-02-21 12:19, dudeanonymous wrote:

Someone else who just doesn't get it....

I get it just fine, because people are bitching about how they can't afford shit, but I have managed to afford all that I've wanted so I see no problem...things cost a lot but its easy to afford them so why complain, its not like thats gonna help anything

JAFO22000
Feb 21, 2007, 03:42 PM
You do understand that people aren't complaining about not being able to afford things, right??? The complaint is that it is too easy to buy anything you need. You do understand that, right?

dudeanonymous
Feb 21, 2007, 03:45 PM
then why complain, if its easy to afford it those of us with less time to play can actually get rares...

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 21, 2007, 03:48 PM
because people want to spend 100s of hours to get one 9* weapon, it makes them feel accomplished... idk doesn't make sense to me

THE JACKEL

JAFO22000
Feb 21, 2007, 03:49 PM
...and thus, rares cease to be rare. The whole point of having rare items is that they are.....wait for it.......RARE!!!!!!!

Just so you know, there are still people in the world who like a challenge. People who don't want everything just handed to them. People who don't look at the solution when filling out a crossword puzzle. Because if you look at the solution when filling out a crossword puzzle, why are you doing it in the first place? There is no challenge there.

Itchee
Feb 21, 2007, 03:50 PM
On 2007-02-21 12:49, JAFO22000 wrote:
...and thus, rares cease to be rare. The whole point of having rare items is that they are.....wait for it.......RARE!!!!!!!

Just so you know, there are still people in the world who like a challenge. People who don't want everything just handed to them. People who don't look at the solution when filling out a crossword puzzle. Because if you look at the solution when filling out a crossword puzzle, why are you doing it in the first place? There is no challenge there.

[/applause]
Seriously tho, Jafo....
Just stop while youre ahead.....this thread reeks of Fail.

dudeanonymous
Feb 21, 2007, 03:55 PM
On 2007-02-21 12:49, JAFO22000 wrote:

It's still hard to get the truely rare weapons I have chosen not to buy any S rank boards or weps ever...I do want to be able to get A ranks but when it comes to S ranks I will get those myself but for now with school I don't have the time to get all the rares I have as of now...

JAFO22000
Feb 21, 2007, 03:58 PM
On 2007-02-21 12:50, Itchee wrote:

[/applause]
Seriously tho, Jafo....
Just stop while youre ahead.....this thread reeks of Fail.

Thanks! I know about these threads and I was this close to just letting this topic die....but I'm just in one of those moods today!

February
Feb 21, 2007, 03:58 PM
I don't know, I Dont mind having so much money. Im not the type that plays to be the best, or to have the best rares to show off, etc. I Just want to go do a mission and have a little fun with friends. It helps me afford to do runs and replace scape dolls and trimates etc. But, that's just me. Im not a hardcore type gamer like most...

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 21, 2007, 04:01 PM
the funny thing is, the rare items people don't sell, so the argument that people are going around buying rares and making them widespread is absurd. Rare weapons are widespread from hacking, not from an inflated economy. No matter how much money is in the economy, certain weapons will be rare.

THE JACKEL

February
Feb 21, 2007, 04:02 PM
Yeah, especially if board modding comes to an end.

dudeanonymous
Feb 21, 2007, 04:05 PM
On 2007-02-21 13:01, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
the funny thing is, the rare items people don't sell, so the argument that people are going around buying rares and making them widespread is absurd. Rare weapons are widespread from hacking, not from an inflated economy. No matter how much money is in the economy, certain weapons will be rare.

THE JACKEL

exactly people don't sell the actually rare stuff....that is the perfect point....

JAFO22000
Feb 21, 2007, 04:11 PM
On 2007-02-21 13:01, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

Fair enough, but the inflated economy still makes the game less challenging. As heavenly wrote, she can replace trimates and scapes with no worries, and still others synth tons and tons of weapons at a time in order to get a high percentage of each element on every weapon set they have...not to mention crafting one of each element armor, etc, etc, etc.

All of this makes the game that much more easy. I mean, this may be an extreme case, but imagine the FF with 12 9* 50% spears, 2 of each element AND 6 9* 50% armors, 1 of each element...you could slam through a level in no time with that set up.

Why doesn't ST just give away 50% element 9* melee weapons for free at the NPC shop? Wouldn't that make things easier for the casual player to get all the things they "need" to play the game? Or, you can just type in what you want and it will appear in your inventory. Hell, why don't they just give all players access to God mode? Wouldn't that make things easier for the casual player?

-Rune-
Feb 21, 2007, 04:12 PM
*steps carefully over lump that look like mine* <.<; ANYwho yea I like working for everything I have too. Which is believe it or not meseta included. I set my shop up ever... well almost everynight and make anywhere from 5k up to the most I've seen is 3mil *that was a good day* I just sit on it. Truthfully I can find my own materials and photons, and just buy boards from NPC. If there's a S-rank item or even A rank item I'm hunting for, i do just that I either solo or call some friends and hunt for it. Truthfully there's no reason to argue. If you like hunting for things then hunt it. If they like buying everything and selling everything for/with high amounts let em. I can see if this was FFXI where we are all fighting the same creatures in the same areas, but the games are all separate once you start the mission button. <.<;

Retehi
Feb 21, 2007, 04:15 PM
lol, buying a 360 just because of PC/PS2's meseta issue.

You are weak.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 21, 2007, 04:18 PM
uhm simply put, no matter how many weapons you make, you're never guaranteed a 50% weapon. In all my weapons I have ever made, I've only gotten one 50% weapon. Granted it happens to be a Light Crea Doubles, but that was just luck.

I think the large amount of meseta greatly increased the grinding market, as more people are willing to risk weapons on grinding. You may see this as a flaw, but I think it would have been used very little otherwise.

THE JACKEL

JAFO22000
Feb 21, 2007, 04:22 PM
On 2007-02-21 13:18, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
uhm simply put, no matter how many weapons you make, you're never guaranteed a 50% weapon. In all my weapons I have ever made, I've only gotten one 50% weapon. Granted it happens to be a Light Crea Doubles, but that was just luck.

I think the large amount of meseta greatly increased the grinding market, as more people are willing to risk weapons on grinding. You may see this as a flaw, but I think it would have been used very little otherwise.

THE JACKEL

...but the more weapons you synth, the better the chance of a high percentage. If you synth 30 weapons at a time, you are more likely to get a high percentage from one than if you only synth one at time.

Did you find that Crea Double board to make the 50% light Creas?? If so, great job!

BLACKR0SE
Feb 21, 2007, 04:42 PM
And I care?

-Rune-
Feb 21, 2007, 04:52 PM
On 2007-02-21 13:42, BLACKR0SE wrote:
And I care?

*claps* Oh my what a response. Just who are you referring to xD

BLACKR0SE
Feb 21, 2007, 05:07 PM
On 2007-02-21 13:52, -Rune- wrote:

On 2007-02-21 13:42, BLACKR0SE wrote:
And I care?

*claps* Oh my what a response. Just who are you referring to xD

Im reffereing to the subject. I </3 people that compain about the economy.Its gonna be the same on 360 because you are gonna poor and etc.On ps2 the economy does seem fucked but in reality its not because player shops have expensive items.

-Rune-
Feb 21, 2007, 05:11 PM
Ah i see. Yea, I dun really think it's THAT bad, I'm still playing aren't I? xD ANYwho I hope it doesn't happen to XB360 I dun like wishing bad things on people.... anymore... <.<;

HerdsmanOfYrr
Feb 21, 2007, 05:15 PM
I like how everyone still whines about the supposive mesta problems on PSU. And most still point at hackers and say its all their fault. Really they account for a very small percent of the problem. The larger issue when it comes to mesta is that you have all the people to obsessed with the game to put it down and do something else. There are people who the day after the level cap gets moved up their character is already maxed out. It is these people who run missions nonstop that get a huge mesta base and then they go and buy stuff from peoples shops. and the money flows. thats all there is too it. The economy is normal for this game its the way the poeple playing are. 20000 for elemental photons. that what i sell and pretty much all I will ever have to sell...doing so has outfitted my fighter with 6 elemental 9* axes and one 9* armor((why you would need more than one idk or care)) and also outfitted my techer with three 9* rods havent gone for an armor but with 3 mil in the bank im pretty sure i can find one that i can use. people complain entirely too much

BLACKR0SE
Feb 21, 2007, 05:15 PM
700 hours and im still playing.

BLACKR0SE
Feb 21, 2007, 05:16 PM
If you dont liek the economy, here is how you solve the problem:
1. Get all meseta onto your main.
2.Start a quest.
3. Dump all meseta.
4.Close player shop.
5.Continue with PSU.

Kaydin
Feb 21, 2007, 05:21 PM
On 2007-02-21 14:16, BLACKR0SE wrote:
If you dont liek the economy, here is how you solve the problem:
1. Get all meseta onto your main.
2.Start a quest.
3. Dump all meseta.
4.Close player shop.
5.Continue with PSU.

You forgot a step.

6. Stop complaining.

Sychosis
Feb 21, 2007, 05:23 PM
On 2007-02-21 14:15, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:
And most still point at hackers and say its all their fault. Really they account for a very small percent of the problem.

Really? Is that why you sell your elemental photons for 20,000m, while I can barely sell any of mine for 20m?

Because hackers have little effect?

JAFO22000
Feb 21, 2007, 06:04 PM
On 2007-02-21 14:23, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-02-21 14:15, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:
And most still point at hackers and say its all their fault. Really they account for a very small percent of the problem.

Really? Is that why you sell your elemental photons for 20,000m, while I can barely sell any of mine for 20m?

Because hackers have little effect?

Yes, if the introduction of the hacked meseta had "little effect", why is the 360 unaffected by this inflation as well? Do we not have the same type of people who perform mission after mission to cap their level as soon as it's raised? Yes, yes we do....so why can't I sell my ray photons for 20000m apiece. We MUST be doing something wrong.

MT7218
Feb 22, 2007, 03:10 AM
In all honesty, I think it's better to have the PS2/PC economy this way. I don't make haxeseta or anything like that, but in all honesty? I don't want to bust my ass off for the money and items required for a 9* item. In PSO, the 7*-9* stuff was fairly common, easy to get. In PSU, they made that much rarer. And in PSO, the good 10*+ items were very rare and are a pain in the ass to get, in PSU, 10*+ are equally as painfull, if not more, to get. I don't want to bust my ass off for what was a common finding in PSO in PSU with the 7*-9*, and THEN deal with finding the uber-rare 10*+ shyt on top of it, made even MORE painful as you need to find the ingredients AND a board, throw them all in a PM with stats geared towards making that type of item, just for a chance at an item with a percentage of sucess that will seem like utter bullshit because the game likes to screw people over like that. PSO was horriendious with this, and in PSU, things are only made worse by making the 7*-9* shyt hard to get. I can agree with making them rare, but PSO was a touch absurd with some of their drop rates. I wanted to see rare getting not be the insane issue it was in PSO. Making the more common stuff rarer was a step in the wrong direction. Don't get me wrong, the higher end stuff should be rare, but not worse than the OMFG absurd rarity of PSO's higher end stuff (And no, I don't count duping/hacking an item as getting it. I mean getting the drops LEGITLY). And before people go PSU =/= PSO, I want you to think of a few things. How many PSO players moved to PSU. That PSU isn't THAT much diffrent from it's predecessor in base gameplay. Sure, you get new flashy attacks, new weapons, and such, but the core system is still very similar. Many started over in a seemingly whole new world, one in a similar system of the old one they came from.

On another note, in my eyes, having everyone get easy access to the 7*-9* does one more positive thing in my eyes: Show who is a noob and who are the inteligent, compitent players. Sure, give them equal power to the skilled players, it won't matter, as regardless of their power, they will be pwned by their idiotic noobery. And for those with 10*+ items(When they get released), it will also show how damned lucky and/or decated they are to finding their own items.

That is my two cents about the economy suition. Stop posting about it and move on. This is a video game, not a dick-waving contest to see who can put themselves through the most shit to get items that really won't do much. It's not an ego contest, boasting that their version is better for what is an asnine reason.

Stop acting like this is something that it's not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MT7218 on 2007-02-22 00:13 ]</font>

landi7man7
Feb 27, 2007, 04:18 PM
On 2007-02-21 13:15, Retehi wrote:
lol, buying a 360 just because of PC/PS2's meseta issue.

You are weak.

well not really weak just po'ed at a games lack of being what it was ment to be... i like the game... only one i play besides super smash melee... but yeah i know ppl who have it for 360 so... eh call me weak if u want to but eh... just doesnt make sense y not to play a better ver. of the game if i can... ps2 lags too much anyway : (

JAFO22000
Feb 27, 2007, 04:25 PM
No, I totally understand...

Lets say you want to play basketball and go to 1st Street Park but everyone there is playing some weird form of the game where you don't have to dribble, 18 different balls are being used and the rims are 6' in diameter because, hey, they don't want to waste all that time practicing, they want a triple double NOW!!!

...if that were the case, you would then maybe go over to Central St. Park where the people there are playing by the rules set.

-Rune-
Feb 27, 2007, 04:47 PM
Wow, i didn't think this thread would get bumped again. I think it should stay dead after last "fix".

The PS2/PC community is fine, it's like living in a town. I'm beginning to know everyone and they beginning to know me. XB360 is more like a city, too many people to greet, and not enough time to play with them all. Just because they have fuller lobbies are you really gonna go thru them all to talk to everyone? o_O

Pentence
Feb 27, 2007, 11:06 PM
Well some people have informed me that its all a moot point now.The hackers (or rather the serious ones) have moved on to other games PSU got boreing for them.This atop SEGA bringing down the hammer has made it a moot point.At this rate the economy will balance out before the expansion arives and PSU returns to a rightfull glory its predisesor held.

All in all GIVE IT UP!No more of this haxeta crap,also for those who say sega blows heres a simple fact.In less than a year of release they have stoped/slowed to almost a halt and (ironicaly through boredom and a super cheap security system) discouraged hackers.Where other companys have had trouble for years.

McLaughlin
Feb 27, 2007, 11:28 PM
On 2007-02-27 20:06, Pentence wrote:
All in all GIVE IT UP!No more of this haxeta crap,also for those who say sega blows heres a simple fact.In less than a year of release they have stoped/slowed to almost a halt and (ironicaly through boredom and a super cheap security system) discouraged hackers.Where other companys have had trouble for years.

All Sega did was make the game SO INCREDIBLY POORLY that hackers FELT BAD for breaking into it. It's hardly due to their efforts, but more of a lack thereof.

It's pretty pathetic. They had to BORE the hackers away.

EDIT: And no. Hackers have had very little effect. This is why you can sell a ****ing photon for 50,000 meseta, and at peak times your population manages to fill a single Universe.

Which subsequently crashes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-02-27 20:30 ]</font>

Pentence
Feb 27, 2007, 11:39 PM
Actualy i find it rather ingenious the hackers bored themselves becouse sega released shit so slow(also i know just how quickly hacking a game like this makes it die that much faster earning things is half the fun).Now they have an expansion comeing out that will likely have a different set of codeing that makes it double hard to find the values of items.SO IMO its a rather ingenious ploy/foly on their part ya have to admit its amuseing.

forevergamer
Mar 1, 2007, 04:29 AM
just keep grinding!!just keep grinding!!its better that way!!

Been a gamer before,been a gamer still...

AuroraKaijin
Mar 1, 2007, 04:39 AM
Is it bad that I don't care and just enjoy playing anyway?