PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking about getting psu online for pc...

sicotik
Feb 20, 2007, 07:05 PM
So, I'm thinking about getting psu online for the pc but I'm not sure. I play pso 1&2 and I'm starting to get bored of the repetetiveness- if thats even a word. But anyways I didn't read much of the faq's because I would rather hear it from actual players. I want to know what the game is like and what kind of stuff you do. I also have some quetions: 1. Is there more to hunters and rangers than just hitting a single button to attack in this game? 2. It looks like there aren't any mags in this game but I did read about "personal machinery". is that like a mag? 3. How big is the world/how much stuff is there to do? Will I run out of stuff to do fast? 4. What is the community like? Are the people jerks or are they nice humane people. 5. Are there more techniques/spells in this game? 6. Is it worth they pay? I come from WoW and that game was worth the pay, I just got bored of it and I want to know if this game is worth the $10 a month.

Sorry I know that is a lot of questions but I would very much appreciate any help I could get. Thank you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sicotik on 2007-02-20 16:17 ]</font>

sicotik
Feb 20, 2007, 07:29 PM
Okay well seeing how now one is answering to any of my questions I've decided that all I really want to know is how big is the world and how much stuff is there to do? Please I really would like to get this game.

DanMalak
Feb 20, 2007, 07:34 PM
Each world is pretty small, mostly just lobbies like in pso except theres shops for synth, clothe, and cast parts, and a shop that sells about every wepon/armor/unit for its kind. Theres a good amount of missions, especially if you came from pso. but only some are good so it might get repetative for you.

-Rune-
Feb 20, 2007, 07:35 PM
Well... it's kinda a sensitive subject if you'll read more threads... I dun think anyone wants to reply because it may start another war... I learned the hard way xD IMO though go with whatever yer more comfortable wif.

sicotik
Feb 20, 2007, 07:36 PM
What I ment by world was the areas, how many places are there to go?

AC9breaker
Feb 20, 2007, 07:41 PM
You should have some patience man. You asked a mouthful.

I personally say that yes, the game is worth it. The game is a lot like what the call instances in wow. They vary in size, the starter areas are pretty small but some are big enough that you might get confused and lost.

As for content, it depends what your looking for. But I predict that once we start getting weekly updates again in march, there will be lots to do.

sicotik
Feb 20, 2007, 07:43 PM
Well thanks, I have actually read a lot and watched a lot of videos since my first post and I think I'm going to get the game.

Toguro
Feb 20, 2007, 07:57 PM
I'll take some time to add my personal opinions on what you asked. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
1.I play on PS2 and as a beast fF and a cast fG yeah the square button (and occasionally the triangle button) gets quite a workout.
2.The PMs are similar to mags on concept but with the exception that they don't follow you everywhere http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. You have to raise one to lvl 80 before you can add it to your party.
3.This game like many others runs on the basis of "the more you put in, the more you get out." Depending on how often you play you can either "run out of something to do" or play forever.
5.I'm skipping 4 and I'll let you decide on 6, but I will say that unfortunately you can only learn a total of 36 photon arts. Anymore and you will have to overwrite and old one (thus having to lvl it again if you relearn it).

Buddichan
Feb 20, 2007, 07:58 PM
Well, I've only been online for about a month now, but I'll answer the best I can.

1. Is there more to hunters and rangers than just hitting a single button to attack in this game?
Well, yes and no. Now there are what are called Skills, which you equip to a weapon and let you do snazy combos. You use them enough, they level up and make a longer combo. But you still just hit the buttons over and over.

2. It looks like there aren't any mags in this game but I did read about "personal machinery". is that like a mag?
Not really. Mags were stats boosters, PMs are more item makers, storage, and (if you level them enough) combat partners. I dont know much about that last one seeing as I havnt leveled mine at all yet...

3. How big is the world/how much stuff is there to do? Will I run out of stuff to do fast?
There are missions to run on all three planets and the Guardian Colony, but to get to some you need to go through others, and stuff. Kinda like PSO where you had to get through Forest 1 to get to Forest 2. You'll unlock harder difficulties of each area as you level, as well.

4. What is the community like? Are the people jerks or are they nice humane people.
Personally, I've met some completely amazing people, and some people I reeeeally want to forget. You just gotta get lucky with the people you meet, I suppose.

5. Are there more techniques/spells in this game?
Yep. Some are pretty cool too. Some new attack spells, and some new buffs too.

6. Is it worth they pay? I come from WoW and that game was worth the pay, I just got bored of it and I want to know if this game is worth the $10 a month.
I personally really enjoy playing this game, and don't mind giving up $10 a month to play it. If the online mode is actually worth that much, I have no idea... lol

Well, I hope I helped a little bit. Oh and if you do decide to get the game, let me know and I'll be happy to meet you in game and show you around. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

sicotik
Feb 20, 2007, 08:42 PM
This game sounds sooo awsome! Thanks everyone I'm definately going to get it although I don't know if I will be able to play online for quite sometime... well actually anywhere from a week to a month but ya i cant wait! XD

VanHalen
Feb 20, 2007, 08:51 PM
Welcome to the world of PSU!

Buddichan
Feb 20, 2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah, play the offline storymode before you get online. Its a good way to get used to the controls and the general way the game works. Tho there are a lot more things you'll have to learn once you get online, at least you'll have a base knowledge of things. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

sicotik
Feb 20, 2007, 08:58 PM
Okay thank you for the heads up, I was thinking about doing that but I was also thinking about just jumping right into the online world. But I guess I will wait a bit and just play offline for a while.

Norcel122
Feb 20, 2007, 09:03 PM
I'm glad your getting the game! n_n I really enjoy it. Hope to see you sometime!

Amalga
Feb 20, 2007, 09:09 PM
On 2007-02-20 17:58, sicotik wrote:
Okay thank you for the heads up, I was thinking about doing that but I was also thinking about just jumping right into the online world. But I guess I will wait a bit and just play offline for a while.

Believe me, it helps so much to get through a good portion of Story Mode before you jump into the Online Mode. While you don't get all the fun items you can get from Online Mode, the Story Mode still does a great job introducing you to the different situations that you'll have to get used to, anyway.

desolant11
Feb 21, 2007, 12:43 AM
well when it started it was modest in size. it's getting pretty large though in terms of open areas to play in. best thing is it's not like ff11 or other games where you need to level up in a designated area depending on what level you are. in psu, each area can be enjoyed productively no matter what level you are. best of all, not all the areas are open yet so hey, still stuff to look forward to in this game. only a few of the good weapons are findable so far. when SS rank missions come out for all the areas, then the crazy stuff will begin. very soon btw.

sicotik
Feb 21, 2007, 09:03 PM
so i decided to get the game and now its not working plz help me! http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=135847&forum=3&0