PDA

View Full Version : This is not a "Is PSU dead?" thread X_X

BigBadWolf
Feb 20, 2007, 08:09 PM
This is a continuation of a thread I made in the Player Match forums, but I'm not gonna link to it because I want this thread to be treated uniquely.

But as a quick recap, I've just recently come back to PSU from a 2 month hiatus, and I had some questions about how the PC/PS2 game is doing population wise.

The major thing that concerned me was simply huge drop out in server population, it's like 1/3rd of what it what it used to be. However from playing, and what I've been hearing there's not really a problem for those finding parties, and there still plenty of people enjoying the game, which is good.

My question though, which wasn't really answered in the last thread was how has the community itself changed since the fall out?

What I'm hoping was that even though most of the population gone, the players that are left have banded together to form a smaller but more dedicated PSU userbase then ever before.

Assuming that everyone that wanted out has jumped ship by now, does that mean everyone that's still here is here to stay?

A lot of the unofficial guilds have died out, but are the guilds that are left bigger in size and stronger in quality of players?

Are the people that used to complain about the game gone, and the people that play are loving the new content?

How's the player ranges? like 50% are level 70ish and the rest are spread out from 1-59 (not counting alts)?

Are new/lower level players treated a lot better and helped out more because they are rarer?

I would like to hear from any remaining guild leaders as well as players on this issue. And sorry if it's already been discussed before.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigBadWolf on 2007-02-20 17:10 ]</font>

Dante1
Feb 20, 2007, 08:12 PM
I'd say the new lower lvl characters are helped more now most the time thts all i do help low lvl ppl and my freinds do the same.

pionear
Feb 20, 2007, 08:29 PM
It's ok, I guess.

Maybe when the Phantasy Star series gets a legit Next-Gen Update more people will come/stay on.

BigBadWolf
Feb 20, 2007, 09:46 PM
alright that's good to know. Initiatially when I came back to PSU it seemed like the other way around, I heard from my old friends that stayed they had lost interest in the game, and a lot of the lively guilds were defunct.

I personally believe that Phantasy Star is my kind of game because, I can log in for 2hrs and do some Relics runs with people and exp up and then log out and then go about my RL business. IMO Phantasy Star Universe is one of the few MMOs that actually feels like a game and not work X_X.

I'm hoping this game will last at least another year and a half, and not die out as soon as the next new MMO like Vanguard or Warhammer Online comes out.

I used to be in a very kick ass guild, and I'm wondering if there are still any quality guilds left, because my guild and my friend's guild are both dead now.

desolant11
Feb 21, 2007, 12:34 AM
i think this wipe and security update will help and then the next big content release will probably bring a few hundred back. if not, they need to combine pc/ps2 with JP servers or 360 servers. god only knows. a US television commercial would have done a world of good for US servers. i mean, how hard is it to voice over the JP commercials. i guess they badly overestimated their fan base in the united states and europe. oh well. Do something FTW !

LordJoe
Feb 21, 2007, 01:11 AM
WELL FROM MY FRIENDS AND LIKE ME *TURNS OFF CAPS LOCK* are lvl 70 now and really dont have a reason to play right now sinse there is no update for 2 more weeks so we are either chilaxin in the lobbies or AFK. (could this affect the PSU PC/PS2 population?)

Callous
Feb 21, 2007, 07:25 AM
I used to play with so many different people from PSO world, bumping into them on uni 15 all the time and ganging up and so forth.

These days uni 15 is a complete ghost town. You see another person maybe once every 30-60 minutes. The only reason I go there is to play with my regular group. If you don't have a regular group, going to uni 2 is basically essential. On uni 2 it's easy to find a random group ..... at least if you want to play HIVE.

The population decrease has had a major effect on the game as I see it.

BigBadWolf
Feb 21, 2007, 10:56 AM
This post is a bit long, so if you want to just skip to the last part where I make my point that's fine.

Well, I can tell you that PSU wasn't all love and Lolilops last night I played. I wanted to do some PA fragment party in Parum and Space Station, even to the point of making my own party and waiting there for people to join. But no luck X_X.

Then I went to the HIVE like everyone recommended, but the players were either 30 levels below me or had their missions locked. I would have made a party there, but I never did HIVE before so I was worried that certain death awaited me there if I did.

So I decided to try De Ragnus which gave me positive results the last time, and I joined a party at the train station asking if they were going to De Ragnus, they said "yes". However though, instead they took me to Lab Recovery A with only 3 people, and we won but not without losing a couple of scapes. It was my fault really, Lab Recovery goes back to Parum like it always did, but I'd rather believe that maybe they knew an alternate route or something instead of me being used to get their exp and disband, which is what really happened.

Finally I made it to De Ragnus and I joined a party of 3 and things started to get picked up, but I lost my teamates when I went on to the next block. I asked them where they'd go and the guy told me they were missing a part, and I told them I went ahead and the girl was giving me additude. I said "why the additude?" Then she got smart like "You want to see real additude?" and I was like "okay I'm going", and the guy objected but the girl who apparently was the leader kicked me out. Which would have been my first official boot from a party.

I also want to mention that this stuff happened around around 12:00am Eastern time so maybe people are a lot more cranky at those hours. Plus I did eventually join a good party there and got my level and had fun so it overall was a good day.

My point is that although random parties are great, I'm meeting a lot of new people, I'm also bumping into not so nice people as well, and as I'm leveling I want to eliminate the later part of that. I'm thinking joining a guild would be the answer, but I don't think there are any left X_X. Suggestions?

Kaydin
Feb 21, 2007, 03:21 PM
Personally I like it like this. I really only play with friends and clan members, so a smaller community only means less n00bs spamming ascii pr0n in the lobbies. >.>