PDA

View Full Version : Dam Spells

FenderReplica
Feb 21, 2007, 08:21 AM
How come I can't spray paint mobs with my Dam spells anymore? I have been training my Cast FO for a bit and all she could do is holding the staff straght but couldn't direct the staff to either side to spray paint the mobs....I notice that the SE infliction changce is uped a bit but hell, it sucks not being able to spray Dams around..

A2K
Feb 21, 2007, 08:25 AM
It's a well-known issue. I think it's a bug, personally, but some suspect it could be by design as well. I don't see why myself, though.

Shassa
Feb 21, 2007, 08:38 AM
A2K wrote:
It's a well-known issue.

It is? I haven't played since Tuesday morning, but it was working fine for me then... this is the first time I'm hearing this.

A2K
Feb 21, 2007, 08:46 AM
I can't seem to find it right now but I do recall there being a thread about it before. I don't know of any workarounds or fixes, unfortunately.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-02-21 05:47 ]</font>

Shassa
Feb 21, 2007, 09:01 AM
FenderReplica wrote:
I notice that the SE infliction changce is uped a bit

I say all this with reservations, because I don't like spreading hearsay and rumor... and I can't play PSU at the moment to confirm anything...

But the quote above is what intrigued me. I can't say for sure, but I don't think I'd mind if they took out the sweeping movement, but raised all the SE levels by one. Dammegid in particular would rock at Infection lv3.

FenderReplica
Feb 21, 2007, 09:53 AM
On 2007-02-21 06:01, Shassa wrote:

FenderReplica wrote:
I notice that the SE infliction changce is uped a bit

I say all this with reservations, because I don't like spreading hearsay and rumor... and I can't play PSU at the moment to confirm anything...

But the quote above is what intrigued me. I can't say for sure, but I don't think I'd mind if they took out the sweeping movement, but raised all the SE levels by one. Dammegid in particular would rock at Infection lv3.

What I mean is the SE LV remains the same but the chances of inflicting SE for this particular SE LV is uped a bit.. With my crappy Cast FO i actually inflicts more poison effect with Damdiga then I would have done with my 30 lv higher Human WT (who I haven't been training for a while so I woulndn't know if she can't spray magic neither)

JAFO22000
Feb 21, 2007, 10:23 AM
Is this only staffs, or rods too?

Which version? I just played on the 360 last night and my Dam spells were working fine.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Feb 21, 2007, 05:24 PM
Idk im on the pc but my spells were working fine...i just got done doing a little leveling to my dam foie too

Syl
Feb 21, 2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah I created the thread a while back (it was called FOcast+Dam spells=Hur hur!!!!).

Ok, well seeing how I've played FOcast for a while, from what I see, Dam-techs can't be moved... for whatever reason whether it is being cast from a wand or a rod. This makes it harder to level due to the fact that you can only attack directly in front of you. Dambarta seems to cover the biggest area, but still, it's annoying when the enemy comes from the side and you can't get them. I noticed that Damdiga is horrible to hit with, it doesn't cover much area at all.

Although after a lot of work, you can cover a lot of area with lvl 21+ dam-techs. It'll take forever because of this bug/intention.

This is all on the PS2/PC... I would try this on 360, but seeing how I don't have a gamertag at gold level anymore...

foamcup
Feb 21, 2007, 06:16 PM
Are you playing on PC with a keyboard? That would probably stop you from sweeping since most keyboards don't like you pressing multiple keys at once. If not, then I don't know what's up since I sweep the techs just fine. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

JAFO22000
Feb 21, 2007, 06:20 PM
On 2007-02-21 15:13, WatchThemFeed wrote:

I would try this on 360, but seeing how I don't have a gamertag at gold level anymore...

For the record, I have never had this problem with my Dam spells on the 360.

Also, for the record, you don't need a gold membership to play PSU! But you do need a Hunters License (yeah, I said Hunters License...what of it?!?!)....and a copy of the game for the 360. And a character that could actually purchase a Dam spell and use it.

Sekani
Feb 21, 2007, 10:22 PM
Is the no-spray "bug" only affecting CAST forces then? Kinda lame if that's by design.

FenderReplica
Feb 22, 2007, 06:13 AM
On 2007-02-21 19:22, Sekani wrote:
Is the no-spray "bug" only affecting CAST forces then? Kinda lame if that's by design.

Well I am training my CastFO purely for the purpose of getting her to the mine laying hen and I have dam just becase I fancy it. Won't matter that much to me as I just wanna know if it's a bug or whatnot. The observed uped chance of infliction of SE is definitely thumbs up tho judging how crappy MST and TP casts have.

Syl
Feb 22, 2007, 07:45 AM
On 2007-02-21 15:20, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-02-21 15:13, WatchThemFeed wrote:

I would try this on 360, but seeing how I don't have a gamertag at gold level anymore...

For the record, I have never had this problem with my Dam spells on the 360.

Also, for the record, you don't need a gold membership to play PSU! But you do need a Hunters License (yeah, I said Hunters License...what of it?!?!)....and a copy of the game for the 360. And a character that could actually purchase a Dam spell and use it.

Ah, I was referring to the demo lol...