PDA

View Full Version : Small amount of s-rank weapons..

natewifi
Feb 21, 2007, 07:39 PM
When I was looknig at the s-rank weapon thread, I noticed the amount was only about a quarter of the weapons on PSO BB.

I want to know if there will be more s-ranks or rare weapons that are c/b rank. (dont kill me I know its a dumb question)

p.s. I dont know if this is a weapon but he didnt post the frying pan.

Eliash
Feb 21, 2007, 07:43 PM
Currently known there are a small amount of S-rank weapons. That doesn't mean, however, that there won't be more later on added through updates or stored away somewhere where hackers haven't been able to access yet. Personally I don't think there is enough information to justify saying how many rares there are going to be.

NOTE: I don't know how the weapon hacks work, so I'm just taking a guess that there may be more on the disk that hasn't been found.

Golto
Feb 21, 2007, 07:59 PM
Only the weapon gfx is stored on the disc for online. All other data is on the server. So there could be more but it doesn't seem likely. Yeah we were really gyped when it comes to sranks weapons. I don't count kubara versions as unqine sranks.

imfanboy
Feb 21, 2007, 08:22 PM
There are materials for weapons in the disk up to 15* - that have been found, that is.

So I'm guessing that yes, there WILL be better, or at least Episode 3 will have 'em. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Remember, this is still something like PSO v1 was WAAAAY back on the DC, when Varistas and DB's Sabers were cutting edge, and Last Survivors WERE awesome because they did HP drain and a lot of damage, too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-02-21 17:25 ]</font>

desolant11
Feb 21, 2007, 08:54 PM
yes there are many unique weapons that are c and b rank. a few already released are harrison battle fans and deljagnus or deljabaner. also light bulb. when pso first came out they kept most of the unique weapons a secret. only 8 were known about at launch. and they were the worst ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desolant11 on 2007-02-21 17:55 ]</font>

Rashiid
Feb 21, 2007, 09:11 PM
sum ppl dont realize that PSU is a totally new game, dont expect much from PSO, let alone anything

isahn80
Feb 21, 2007, 09:15 PM
On 2007-02-21 16:39, natewifi wrote:

Frying pans didn't stick >.>

desolant11
Feb 21, 2007, 10:02 PM
On 2007-02-21 18:15, isahn80 wrote:

On 2007-02-21 16:39, natewifi wrote:

Frying pans didn't stick >.>

yes there is a frying pan in psu, just don't know if we will have a chance to win it on the us/na servers cause its a prize.

NPCMook
Feb 21, 2007, 10:12 PM
Better yet Dual Frying Pans >.>

Samaine
Feb 21, 2007, 10:28 PM
pots and pans

CrabRangoon
Feb 21, 2007, 11:51 PM
since *all* weapons are rumored to havbe visual photon elements to them, they should make the frying pan (Akiko's?) have a fire underneath it, as if it were cooking itself ^_^

I'm still waiting for a spear/lance that looks like a Trident @_@

All in all, I dont think that people have a lot of room for complaints about the selection of equippable items at this point in the game. Seriously, 1-2 weeks after Crea weapons came available, people were complaining that they were old hat and we needed new A ranks. Here we have people whining that we only have a few legit S weaps, as if the whole slew of S-ranks that have been discovered via hacking aren't going to whet their appetite either when they finally become available.
Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Umberger
Feb 22, 2007, 12:03 AM
On 2007-02-21 20:51, CrabRangoon wrote:
Seriously, 1-2 weeks after Crea weapons came available, people were complaining that they were old hat and we needed new A ranks.

People could obtain Crea weapons before they could even equip them...I don't think they were complaining that early.

We got a lot more A rank weapons (I think 7* from NPC and 8* boards) as soon as advanced classes came out...I have no idea what you're talking about.

Kili
Feb 22, 2007, 07:46 AM
Im sure many new S-rank weapons will be released, but in all due time. You don't eat an entire roast dinner all in one mouthfull, S-ranks will be released in weekly updates, releasing all of the S-ranks all at once would have been stupid; thats why they are being released in moderation.

There are also probably many secret weapons have yet to have been discovered.

Axel3792
Feb 22, 2007, 09:31 AM
I've heard of lots of S-Ranks not mentioned in that thread, so hopefully these will come to light soon.

Also, don't forget the expansion, which may add more palettes then you can shake a stick at http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (but then again, who knows)

Dragon_Knight
Feb 22, 2007, 10:04 AM
My only real worry is the fact that hackers only found (or admittied to finding) such a small amount of weaponry. Only one or two weapons per star lv really. None of which have very much in the way of unique proporties like the PSO weapons. But time will tell if this is DC PSO ver 1 all over again.

Axle-Gear
Feb 22, 2007, 10:12 AM
On 2007-02-22 04:46, Kili wrote:
Im sure many new S-rank weapons will be released, but in all due time. You don't eat an entire roast dinner all in one mouthfull, S-ranks will be released in weekly updates, releasing all of the S-ranks all at once would have been stupid; thats why they are being released in moderation.

There are also probably many secret weapons have yet to have been discovered.

Mmmm.... Roast Dinner http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kili
Feb 22, 2007, 10:20 AM
Yeah i like roast dinner too but not exactly in that context. But yeah, mmmmm.... Roast Dinner