PDA

View Full Version : To the PC users who use a controller...

Furiden
Feb 22, 2007, 01:12 AM
What all do you use for your setup, and how did you go about making that? I guess you just go in to options from the starting menu when you first open up the game, and just set the buttons to what you want them to do with your controller...

Reason I'm asking is just went out and bought the adapter so I can use my PS2 controller on my PC the other day, and I'm just now getting around to configuring it.

So what buttons do you all use for what? What seems to work best? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks

Umberger
Feb 22, 2007, 01:22 AM
Well...I use a 360 controller (I play 360), but they're essentially the same...I find the control scheme to be very nice. For a PS2 controller:

Circle: Open Palette/Cancel choice
X: Accept choice/action
Square: Attack
Triangle: Photon Art
R1: Move up on the right (weapon) side of palette/Use left handed weapon (or 3rd+4th tech on Rods)
R2: Move down on the right side of palette
R3: First person mode
L1: Move up on the left (item) side of palette/Center camera (strafe)
L2: Move down on the left side of the palette
L3 (left stick in): Show character name, name+level, ID#
Left analog stick: Move character
Right analog stick: Control camera
Directional Pad: Move through menus
Start: Open menu
Select: Cancel choice/Open OSK...but I don't know how that works on PC. =p

I don't know if you can map that many options to one key, but that's just what the X360 setup is, and I think it works very well. Also, the shoulder buttons are used to change pages on weapon/armor/photon art descriptions, but I can't remember which one does what...I think L1/R1 change pages on weapons and armor, and L2/R2 change pages on photon arts and units.

EDIT: Also, when typing, L2 is used to make the action bubble thing, and R2 is used for the cut in chat comic-style image. Right on the directional pad brings up chat shortcuts, but I haven't played PC, so I don't know if those exist like they do on console.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umberger on 2007-02-21 22:39 ]</font>

Genji
Feb 22, 2007, 01:29 AM
I use a Logitech Dual Action gamepad and I use default config.

http://www.superwarehouse.com/images/products/logitech_963325-0403.jpg

L2 - Z
R2 - Display player name/level/ID
L1 - Strafe
R1 - Secondary weapon
Triangle - Weapon palette/Cancel
Circle - Accept/pick up item
Cross - Photon Art
Square - Attack
Start - First Person View
Select - Chat log
R3 - Menu
D-Pad - Used in menu/chat log(to scroll up or down)
Right on D-Pad - Chat shortcuts

Left analog - Move character
Right analog - Move camera

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genji on 2007-02-21 22:34 ]</font>