PDA

View Full Version : After you max your job

queenofpso
Feb 22, 2007, 11:04 AM
Whats left? I really like being fortetecher, but I know there is no life after 70/10 for fortetecher so do you think they will ever raise the lvl on jobs, or just expect that we would desire to max each other class. I thought that was what alts are for *shrug* I dont wanna be something else, but wouldnt it be pointless (besides lvling techs) to stay fortetecher after 10?

Magician
Feb 22, 2007, 11:06 AM
Too busy upgrading armor and weapons to be bored.

That's what I like about being a fortefighter, so much more to do.

You silly techers and rangers don't have to worry about elemental % on your weapons, lucky.

RadiantLegend
Feb 22, 2007, 11:08 AM
The fun only starts when your maxed. No need to worry about petty Exp or Mp pts.

MayLee
Feb 22, 2007, 11:11 AM
On my old account I wanted to go hunter for a short while after capping Forte

CyarVictor
Feb 22, 2007, 11:19 AM
With my Fortefighter, i had started to level figunner just for twin sabers/ twin daggers when i capped fortefighter.

As to my force, she'll stay a force. There's no way I'll have all my spells at level 30 soon. I just want them to be at lv21, but it's fun to solo Hive S. if she reaches the level cap and class level, I'll still keep her the same to farm and help people.

Rashiid
Feb 22, 2007, 11:33 AM
this is excatlly what happened to me.

got 70/10 w/ Kandii (fortetecher), figured 'o well ill get all spells 21+'

did that, ran outta stuff to do.....yeah u can get the spells to 30, but it just adds power, and not to mention how long it took to get em all 21+ >.>

atleast w/ hunters, theres like an endless supply of weapons u can buy (elements, %'s, etc.) and combos usually never get boring

AND spells take forever to cast 21+, so by the tyme i casted 3 tymes, hunters took care of everything else, and i (was) a battle mage, only really supported if needed

-Rune-
Feb 22, 2007, 11:38 AM
Truthfully, all I've heard are good things about maxing a fortetecher. Reason being, you don't have to worry about tagging everything for exp. You can just cast magic and have fun, I would think hunting as a FT, not having to worry about tagging stuff would be awesome. Fast kills and rare treasure ftw! I'm maxed and I find it more fun being able to go where I want and fight how I want, no having to strafe across every room and shoot wild shots to make sure I hit everything.... Iono maybe it's just me xD

Rashiid
Feb 22, 2007, 11:44 AM
^ thats for lvl capping, i mean try spell capping. not much fun lol

Scejntjynahl
Feb 22, 2007, 11:54 AM
Well it all depends on why you acquired the game. If its for the rush of leveling only, then of course once you meet that criteria you will get bored. Like anything in life, once a goal is achieved boredom soon follows. So... make a new goal. Its all relative to what do you want from the game. My suggestion is pick up your rod, wand, bow, or card and go out there with pride and be the damnest best force ever.

Akaimizu
Feb 22, 2007, 12:03 PM
On 2007-02-22 08:06, Magician wrote:
Too busy upgrading armor and weapons to be bored.

That's what I like about being a fortefighter, so much more to do.

You silly techers and rangers don't have to worry about elemental % on your weapons, lucky.

But we still have plenty of bullets and stuff to raise. So while you may get 2 or 3 PAs per weapon type. We have around 6 or 7 bullet types (and counting) to raise for each gun-time.

I'm pretty sure I may hit max before my 500 or so hour mark. However, I'll have hundreds of hours left still raising bullets and stuff.

CAST-Sapphire
Feb 22, 2007, 12:14 PM
What I plan on doing is maxing out the other classes that go along with my main. Right now my main is Figunner, I already have Hunter and Ranger to level 10. Once I get Figunner to 10 I'll do Fortefigher and then maybe ForteGunner. I'll try and Pick PA's so that I'll be good in all three Classes so that I can switch my Gameplay between the three as I go.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CAST-Sapphire on 2007-02-22 09:15 ]</font>

February
Feb 22, 2007, 12:31 PM
Just help your friends after that? That's all I plan to do.

Kaydin
Feb 22, 2007, 12:37 PM
Hitting the level cap basically just means you get to have fun with the game without worrying about your level and crap.
Once I'm level capped, I'm gonna film myself playing LL C as a Fortetecher with no armor and a 1* saber, and laugh as I own the place.

I'm only maxing one class for each char. I tried making Kadan able to switch between Fortetecher and Wartecher, but there's so many spells it ain't easy, so I gave up.
I'm also thinking about creating a second account and having 8 chars... @.@

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 22, 2007, 12:47 PM
well, after I maxed out my human's fighgunner, I've been planning on maxing out his fortefighter, but I made the switch before having it to level 7. well, as far as I see it, I have to get anga dugrega to level 21, which I'm really starting to love right now since it sends monsters flying. Maybe I'll try maxing out my other PAs to 30, right now, I have Rising Crush, Assault Crush, and Renkai Buyou Zan to levle 30. maybe I can try farming for materials to synthesize weapons like my Twin Crea Sabers or something. I don't know about making him other things like a Ranger or a Force cuz I just can't see my human being anything else other than a swordsman.

desolant11
Feb 22, 2007, 01:16 PM
On 2007-02-22 08:04, queenofpso wrote:
Whats left? I really like being fortetecher, but I know there is no life after 70/10 for fortetecher so do you think they will ever raise the lvl on jobs, or just expect that we would desire to max each other class. I thought that was what alts are for *shrug* I dont wanna be something else, but wouldnt it be pointless (besides lvling techs) to stay fortetecher after 10?

i do keep hearing that they will raise the level on jobs. not sure where people keep hearing it, seems legit though. who knows, ST keeps too much a secret. start an alt character. it's usefull to have a better chance for productive play under 3 luck.

Niered
Feb 22, 2007, 03:06 PM
wasnt it verified that at some point they will raise the Expert Classes job cap to lvl 20? I thought I had heard this.

Also, If we go by the JP calendar, shouldnt we be getting the Lvl cap from 70-80 very soon?

A2K
Feb 22, 2007, 03:17 PM
I believe the level cap was raised to LV80 when Japan first started receiving party missions. If not then, then whenever they got the first S2 missions.

I don't believe it was ever verified that the advanced types would ever go to 20. Just a common rumor, is all.

queenofpso
Feb 22, 2007, 03:50 PM
I feel like they would have to raise the expert class job lvls at some point. otherwise you would not really be able to play the job you wanted, with any benefit, after 10. that would suck.

dudeanonymous
Feb 22, 2007, 03:58 PM
once you max your lvl you don't have to worry about your mp or exp, you can just hunt for rares and other items I admit that now there are really no good drops out yet but your ready for when they do come out...

curlack45
Feb 22, 2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah, i agree with dude. Although i've never played online, so i can't say how 'boring' it would be as a expert class, But in all common sence, you would want to max all spells (that are usefull to you, or, heck, do them all?), get lv 10 in every class (gives you SOMTHING to do, i guess..) And then, by that time there will be around 100-odd rares to hunt down!

But what i've always wanted to do is get lv 10 fortecher / guntecher and hunt for rares, level up my PM (patner machinery) to a ranger / hunter but mainly to get rares and open a shop!

I guess all the stuff i just said would take about a yer, but, heck, you won't be bored http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif!

BLACKR0SE
Feb 22, 2007, 04:45 PM
I hit lvl 10 wartecher a while back.I then lvled spells and hunted rares.Still doing that.

Pengfishh
Feb 22, 2007, 05:19 PM
On 2007-02-22 08:54, Scejntjynahl wrote:
Well it all depends on why you acquired the game. If its for the rush of leveling only, then of course once you meet that criteria you will get bored. Like anything in life, once a goal is achieved boredom soon follows. So... make a new goal. Its all relative to what do you want from the game. My suggestion is pick up your rod, wand, bow, or card and go out there with pride and be the damnest best force ever.

Yeah!