PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: How often does you PSU crash?

SolomonGrundy
Feb 22, 2007, 11:44 AM
So, when I play online, I usually crash (I get the 'disk is unreadable" error) once a night, usually in the first hour of play. I reboot, and everything is fine for the rest of the night...

I thought this was a problem with the online experience, however I've been going through story mode, and I'm having the same issues crashing!

So, is it the game, or is it my Xbox360 (which I have mounted vertically)?

MayLee
Feb 22, 2007, 11:49 AM
I get the Unreadable disk every blue moon. Is it the server..or my Xbox I wonder?

Is my CD defective? Also, I'm on the 360

xzidanex
Feb 22, 2007, 11:50 AM
I ended up having my 360 crack my disc slightly, it still plays but every so often I get the disc read error on load screens. So I just got a new disc and I'm having no problems anymore.

Akaimizu
Feb 22, 2007, 11:56 AM
Haven't had any error screens. I have had my game crash, but mainly due to bugs. The beta crashed back in the Tutorial, but Sega patched that. In the full game, I noticed if you view the rooms (You) visited before you've ever visited another room that session, it may lock up as well. Definitely another actual game bug.

twysted
Feb 22, 2007, 12:54 PM
it happens to me every once in awhile...

the thing that annoys me the most is the recently visited rooms and the visitor log crashing all the time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

desolant11
Feb 22, 2007, 12:58 PM
On 2007-02-22 08:49, MayLee wrote:
I get the Unreadable disk every blue moon. Is it the server..or my Xbox I wonder?

Is my CD defective? Also, I'm on the 360

i would say its the xbox that has the problems described in this thread and not the game servers. this doesnt ever happen on pc/ps2.

JAFO22000
Feb 22, 2007, 01:14 PM
Solomon: If it's crashing once a night, it's probably your 360. I sent mine back for replacement last September and in the months preceeding, I was experiencing the same thing; my 360 would "crash" about once or twice a day. I was playing Chromehounds, Oblivion and Dead Rising at the time.

Maylee: I get the unreadable disk every once in awhile as well. I don't think it's a problem with your disk, your 360 or anything at all....just one of those things.

I did have a friend who could connect fine and do every mission EXCEPT Sleeping Warriors. Whenever he would try to join a Sleeping Warriors match, the game would freeze. Every other mission but this would work fine. He called Sega and they told him to check his disk. He did so and found a teeny scratch on it. They said that was causing the problem. He ended up getting a new disk and everything worked out fine.

So, MY synopsis would be:

-If you are crashing randomly but not often you are fine. Nothing to worry about
-If you are crashing randomly AND often, it's probably you 360 pooping out
-If you are crashing in the same place specifically, it's probably your disk
-If you're trying to search for items and quickly try to scroll through the menu and end up selecting the Recently Visited Shops option causing your 360 to freeze, you just have to be more careful...(this has happened to me countless times, and it pisses me off everytime!)

majan
Feb 22, 2007, 01:21 PM
Nah man your not alone.not sure about the ps2/pc people but for sure the 360 version craps out left and right.I may get a new disc though if it fixed his problem,the game is rather cheap now.in fact the price dropped in most places to 19.99 after being 59.99 for the first few weeks.nice way to jip the early buyers.

A2K
Feb 22, 2007, 02:14 PM
The only time the game crashes is when I attempt to use the Recently Visited Rooms option.

Phantomface
Feb 22, 2007, 02:16 PM
most of the Vision Phone menu causes mine to crash, but thats mutual for everyone right?

Esufer
Feb 22, 2007, 02:23 PM
I had a launch copy, and got disc read errors all the time, as it had a hairline fissure across the eye of the disc. there seems to have been a problem with the first print run of the game, I know other people that have had problems of this nature as well.
I got a new copy, works fine now.

Rashiid
Feb 22, 2007, 02:25 PM
crashes about once or twice a day, kinda used to it now

Sychosis
Feb 22, 2007, 02:46 PM
Doesn't crash for me unless I check the recently visited rooms. It did the the disc thing once, when my brother moved the 360 while I was playing and ground a nice scratch around the disc.

Natrokos
Feb 22, 2007, 04:51 PM
Mine always crashes when I check recently visited rooms and on rare occassions when I view visiter log.... (To see the masses who flock to my room >.>)

Sekani
Feb 22, 2007, 11:50 PM
So, no one forgot why I'm not playing right now?

Sychosis
Feb 22, 2007, 11:53 PM
We didn't forget you Sekani <3333

It's just that the topic asked how often it crashes for US http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Midicronica
Feb 22, 2007, 11:55 PM
Only crashes when I check the recently visited rooms, and when I get a certain layout in Lab Recovery which sucks because that's my favorite mission to play. Before I bought this new CD my game would crash when I would attempt to enter the Galenigare Valley after VoC, I had to go out purchase another disk.

As for the unreadable disk, I got that for the first time last weekend, I took the took out the disk and reinserted it, and had no other problems.

SolomonGrundy
Feb 23, 2007, 12:00 AM
ok, to clear things up:

I crash about 1/x a day, which seems like too much to me. Often it is when I first start playing, but really it can occur anytime.

It ONLY occurs when I am changing areas. I never freeze in the middle of a mission or anything. it must be the disk or the xbox360.

Can anyone tell me if I will be able to transer all the data on my hard drive to a new xbox360, or will I lose all my online and offline info?

Thrash777
Feb 23, 2007, 12:02 AM
Never had a disc problem myself...

...just loads of Server Interrupt Requests

-Ryuki-
Feb 23, 2007, 12:07 AM
I've never heard of a 360 user crashing before. That's actually news to me >.>

But, I can tell you that awhile ago when I was in TX for Oct-Jan duration of playing PSU, I always got d/c because of my connection. I had a really crappy cable connection, and would always get d/ced often. It was more so or less because of my location within the house. Or rather, the fact that my apartment wasn't entirely cable-internet friendly.

Sekani
Feb 23, 2007, 12:13 AM
On 2007-02-22 21:00, SolomonGrundy wrote:
ok, to clear things up:

I crash about 1/x a day, which seems like too much to me. Often it is when I first start playing, but really it can occur anytime.

It ONLY occurs when I am changing areas. I never freeze in the middle of a mission or anything. it must be the disk or the xbox360.

Can anyone tell me if I will be able to transer all the data on my hard drive to a new xbox360, or will I lose all my online and offline info?

This was my exact problem, except it happened a lot more often. Since I don't have any problems with any other 360 games, I don't believe my console is defective. I did order a new disc, we'll see if anything improves when I get it.

I'm also gonna try laying my console horizontally, see if that helps.

Jinto117
Feb 23, 2007, 12:24 AM
Looks like the 360 servers just went down. 2 hours before regular maintenance time.

Samaine
Feb 23, 2007, 12:26 AM
yeah i think ps2 also lol

Sychosis
Feb 23, 2007, 12:28 AM
No they haven't, I'm still on.

Midicronica
Feb 23, 2007, 12:30 AM
On 2007-02-22 21:28, Sychosis wrote:
No they haven't, I'm still on.

TheGreyCliche
Feb 23, 2007, 02:22 AM
My game suspiciously locks up on rare maps... you have no idea how frustrating that is. Especially because it's a bloody chore trying to get a rare map in the first place. I think it may be my disk... hopefully anyway.

desolant11
Feb 23, 2007, 02:24 AM
ZOMG my xbox is on fire? psu disk is melting... nooooooooo