PDA

View Full Version : Should S ranks be sold in NPC stores?

Rashiid
Feb 22, 2007, 02:42 PM
im sure they are (sum atleast), but do you think they should?

it would be kool if we can ONLY find them, or the board, it would also make them so much more rare.

Phantomface
Feb 22, 2007, 02:44 PM
its not like anyone would actually buy them from the NPC shops when there are player shops aplenty to choose from. im sure SOMEONE would have it up in a player shop at some point.

Esufer
Feb 22, 2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah, but only the low-end ones.

Rashiid
Feb 22, 2007, 02:46 PM
yeah, but its kinda unfair for forces b/c theres only been like 3 witnesses of the Halarod, yet Crea Doubles fly around like no other.

edit: and by witness i mean just the board, no one actually made Halarod on the 360 yet >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-02-22 11:47 ]</font>

desolant11
Feb 22, 2007, 02:47 PM
each shop should have one for sale maybe. other than that, i think selling them in the npc store would be bad. looking for them gives another reason to grind.

Sychosis
Feb 22, 2007, 02:48 PM
No, they should be hunted for so all the whiners who bitch about the "lack" of rares to hunt for can STFU and GTFO.

-Rune-
Feb 22, 2007, 02:50 PM
On 2007-02-22 11:46, Rashiid wrote:
yeah, but its kinda unfair for forces b/c theres only been like 3 witnesses of the Halarod, yet Crea Doubles fly around like no other.

edit: and by witness i mean just the board, no one actually made Halarod on the 360 yet >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-02-22 11:47 ]</font>

Well one's a boss box drop i swore and the other is from an enemy that spawns at a like 30-1 ratio xD Not to mention it's easier to spam a mission by your self, than it is to spam a Boss alone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Rashiid
Feb 22, 2007, 02:55 PM
thats the thing, it takes time for a force to solo runs that hav a boss (boss boss. no sissy mini-boss) at the end (well, most atleast)

i could hunt Crea Doubles alone, but on my former fortetecher, no way i could solo the 'OMG' S.....well....:chuckles to himself:..thats another story

i think they should sell the '1 element only' kinds, like Daggers of Sefari or Two-Headed Ragnus

but ones that can be any element, like Svaltus Sword or Carriguine-Rucar, should be synth only

-Rune-
Feb 22, 2007, 02:58 PM
Hmm... not a bad idea... but then I think that would kind of take away that whole "S" grade on them because they wouldn't be rare they would be actually quite common again <.<;

Rashiid
Feb 22, 2007, 03:03 PM
yeah, well i think the boards should drop a little bit more then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tiyr
Feb 22, 2007, 03:04 PM
I don't think the weapon grade really correlates to weapon rarity--I mean, a Del Jagnus is 6*, but it's far mroe rare than most eight or nine star weapons. So I wouldn't mind having some baseline S-rank boards sold, while keeping the interesting and / or good stuff drop only.

-Rune-
Feb 22, 2007, 03:06 PM
On 2007-02-22 12:04, Tiyr wrote:
I don't think the weapon grade really correlates to weapon rarity--I mean, a Del Jagnus is 6*, but it's far mroe rare than most eight or nine star weapons. So I wouldn't mind having some baseline S-rank boards sold, while keeping the interesting and / or good stuff drop only.

Not reeeaallllyyy, Truthfully if you do enough S-Rank runs with Deljabans all the items need will drop. Most "S" Rank boards/items it takes luck and a LOT of time to find them. Del Jagnus and Deljabaners are really being over priced for people that are WAY too lazy to go out and hunt for them. IMO at least.

Magician
Feb 22, 2007, 03:13 PM
10* Yes
11*-12* No

A2K
Feb 22, 2007, 03:19 PM
I don't think so. Like the ultimate photon arts, I don't think a meseta value should really be assigned to weapons of that grade by Sonic Team.

Natrokos
Feb 22, 2007, 03:19 PM
I think it would be cool to hunt but at the same time i'd rather not pay 5mil for a 12* dagger since my pm doesn't since melee....I don't care either way I guess.

Soukosa
Feb 22, 2007, 03:36 PM
S ranks are meant to be special rare weapons that work towards getting, not some basic weapon you can pick up from the shops that everyone and their dog will have >.> The same is true with A ranks, they were meant to be above average grade weapons that you work towards getting for above average strength enemies. Why do you think they stalled the released of A grinders? Maybe if the server wasn't so full of idiotic lazy noobs people would be able to grasp the design of the game.

On that note, this poll is more of a measure of who can grasp the game and whose too lazy to try anything with a challenge.

Wash
Feb 22, 2007, 04:42 PM
On 2007-02-22 12:36, Sounomi wrote:
S ranks are meant to be special rare weapons that work towards getting, not some basic weapon you can pick up from the shops that everyone and their dog will have >.>

Pretty much what I was going to say. So no, it would just take all of the fun out of rare hunts and finding rares altogether.

Natrokos
Feb 22, 2007, 04:45 PM
I really wish you could carry multiple stacks of PA frags and charge horrific amounts for S weapons....Like 500 frags for an 10* For people like me who don't exactly handle their money well.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 22, 2007, 05:00 PM
I think only the boards should be sold, and they should be for 50 mil for 10* and 99 mil for 11* and 12* not in store

Mind you, this is for the board. SO you can spend forever trying to find the weapon, but if you don't find it, you might have enough money to buy the board that way.

THE JACKEL

Alkaar
Feb 22, 2007, 05:29 PM
In my opinion, I think S rank weapons should only be aquired by finding the board, and then trying to synth the weapon successfully. That is the only way S rank weapons will truly be rare, no matter what *(10-12).

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 22, 2007, 05:35 PM
I think my way would keep them rare still

THE JACKEL

Weakness
Feb 22, 2007, 05:40 PM
On 2007-02-22 12:13, Magician wrote:
10* Yes
11*-12* No

Alkaar
Feb 22, 2007, 05:42 PM
On 2007-02-22 14:00, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I think only the boards should be sold, and they should be for 50 mil for 10* and 99 mil for 11* and 12* not in store

Mind you, this is for the board. SO you can spend forever trying to find the weapon, but if you don't find it, you might have enough money to buy the board that way.

THE JACKEL

Well, I can see this being plausible for the Xbox 360 version, but no way or how for the PC version of the game. People have enough meseta in the PC version to be able to bathe in it, hehe.

Either way, I'd still prefer finding the S rank board myself.

Midicronica
Feb 22, 2007, 05:46 PM
On 2007-02-22 14:40, Weakness wrote:

On 2007-02-22 12:13, Magician wrote:
10* Yes
11*-12* No

DonRoyale
Feb 22, 2007, 06:57 PM
They should sell the 10* so that people will know how to price and won't grossly overprice.

Mind you, I doubt that people won't overprice...>.>

vfloresjr24
Feb 22, 2007, 07:53 PM
I say yes but they should be sold for a lot of meseta in the shops.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 22, 2007, 08:02 PM
On 2007-02-22 14:42, Alkaar wrote:

THE JACKEL

Well, I can see this being plausible for the Xbox 360 version, but no way or how for the PC version of the game. People have enough meseta in the PC version to be able to bathe in it, hehe.

be able to bathe in it? but soon after that, enough people spending 50, 99 mil at the NPC, a lot of money would dissapear. Inflation would probably decrease, and in exchange there'd be a few S ranks out there, because this is just for the boards so people could still fail the synth, and not all the money spent would produce a weapon.

THE JACKEL

Randomness
Feb 22, 2007, 08:19 PM
Put boards for the mats in shops, or at least for the -alines

Neith
Feb 22, 2007, 08:23 PM
Maybe for a couple of 10*'s, like Extra mode, but for 11 and 12*'s, I want myself a good old PSO-style hunt.

Red box fever I guess. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

nooblet
Feb 22, 2007, 11:52 PM
I would like boards are drop only and materials can be brought from npc.

Thrash777
Feb 23, 2007, 12:17 AM
It defeats the whole purpose of them being S rank if you could buy them. They are rare. They need to be found/created. Otheriwse everything will just be a case of meseta, and everyone will be running around with the same stuff, and nothing will be precious to anyone.

Stuff needs to be precious and treasured, not just a case of how much you can afford.

MT7218
Feb 23, 2007, 12:31 AM
On 2007-02-22 20:52, nooblet wrote:
I would like boards are drop only and materials can be brought from npc.

I agree with this. It's too painful to get the synth items for the S ranks we have now, let alone the board. I DON'T want to spend forever to just to get 1/20th of getting a shot at a uber rare item, to have it more than likely fail on me, because the game decided to give me the middle finger on a 60%+ sucess rate for the 23465235687th time, on TOP of taking forever of getting the board itself. I can take getting the boards as rare drop only, but not everything needed to make it. There's a sense of having major luck/achievement for getting an item, and then there's making things way too tedious for it's own good. >.>;

Trillion
Feb 23, 2007, 01:27 AM
I like the idea of keeping things rare but as a fortetecher there is some balanceing that needs to be done

ranger types have a good chance of finding an 8*+ board right now as there is a decent ammount that can drop

hunter types even on the 360 are all walking about with 8*+ weps already, mabey not the 1's they want but some form of 8* all the same and its cus there is loads of them so good drop rate

then there is forces, with ONLY 6 8*+ weps in game at this time the chance of finding 1 is extreamly low and when all the enemy lvls go up so 12* weps can drop we forces will have the grand ammount of 12 or possably 14 weps that rate as 8* or higher

now like a said rare is good but by star rateing what is rare to a force is normal to a ranger and common to a hunter

how about finding some kind of middle ground for the only class that has to pay out for skills that help others more than the force that has to pay for them

nope dont put anything higher than the 7* weps in the shops and really i dont even think they should be there

nope dont raise the drop rate as in the % chance of drop for force type weps

YES do add force type weps to a few more mobs, hunters and rangers have 3 times as many weps as we do so our boards need to be on 3 times as many mobs....... nope that would not be right be they do need to be on 2 times as many

i dont want it to be easy as a force, if i wanted the easy life i would have picked hunter but the gap is just way too big right now

Zalana
Feb 23, 2007, 08:35 AM
Find only people. Stop being so lazy, naive and ignorant. Selling them in the NPC shops WOULD not even classify them as rare anymore.

Rashiid
Feb 23, 2007, 11:37 AM
On 2007-02-22 22:27, Trillion wrote:
I like the idea of keeping things rare but as a fortetecher there is some balanceing that needs to be done

ranger types have a good chance of finding an 8*+ board right now as there is a decent ammount that can drop

hunter types even on the 360 are all walking about with 8*+ weps already, mabey not the 1's they want but some form of 8* all the same and its cus there is loads of them so good drop rate

then there is forces, with ONLY 6 8*+ weps in game at this time the chance of finding 1 is extreamly low and when all the enemy lvls go up so 12* weps can drop we forces will have the grand ammount of 12 or possably 14 weps that rate as 8* or higher

now like a said rare is good but by star rateing what is rare to a force is normal to a ranger and common to a hunter

how about finding some kind of middle ground for the only class that has to pay out for skills that help others more than the force that has to pay for them

nope dont put anything higher than the 7* weps in the shops and really i dont even think they should be there

nope dont raise the drop rate as in the % chance of drop for force type weps

YES do add force type weps to a few more mobs, hunters and rangers have 3 times as many weps as we do so our boards need to be on 3 times as many mobs....... nope that would not be right be they do need to be on 2 times as many

i dont want it to be easy as a force, if i wanted the easy life i would have picked hunter but the gap is just way too big right now

agreed.

i still see force/fortetechers lvl 50+ w/ maybe 7* & 8*s, but usually Tomorirods and Hajirods

1 reas why i dropped my force

at lvl 65, i was finally able to announce i had all 7*'s +

i see lvl 30-35's w/ a full array of 7*s

foamcup
Feb 23, 2007, 11:44 AM

Yes, we can all take golden showers.

...wait a minute!

<_<

>_>

<_<;

Never mind!

_Deliverance_
Feb 23, 2007, 11:57 AM
On 2007-02-22 11:48, Sychosis wrote:
No, they should be hunted for so all the whiners who bitch about the "lack" of rares to hunt for can STFU and GTFO.

QFT

Alkaar
Feb 23, 2007, 11:57 AM
On 2007-02-22 17:02, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

be able to bathe in it? but soon after that, enough people spending 50, 99 mil at the NPC, a lot of money would dissapear. Inflation would probably decrease, and in exchange there'd be a few S ranks out there, because this is just for the boards so people could still fail the synth, and not all the money spent would produce a weapon.

THE JACKEL

Alright, you have a point there. I didn't think a step further ahead, but with the process ST is utlizing today to get rid of cheaters and/or hacked items, selling S rank boards at NPC shops for 50+ million meseta would indeed shape up the PC/PS2 economy.

Of course, that's only if there are many desperate souls out there willing to pour that much meseta into a S rank board purchase knowing that the chance of success if very low, especially with the fixed synthesis exploit.

But that's all part of the game, so who wouldn't take a chance?

Anyway, now that I think about it, both methods of obtaining S rank weapons (finding the board and synthing + purchasing the board for 50+ mil and synthing) would work due to the low chances of successfully synthesizing a S rank weapon.

Knowing this, I'd still prefer to find an S rank board for the mere satisfaction of finding it. It makes hunting for S rank boards that much more exciting, not knowing when it'll drop. And once it does... *eyes pop wide open* ... (silent pause as you approach the rare board) ... YES!!! HOLY CRAP!! I FINALLY OBTAINED THE BOARD I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!

To me it's all about the satisfaction and excitment factor. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Spellbinder
Feb 23, 2007, 11:58 AM
On 2007-02-22 13:45, Natrokos wrote:
I really wish you could carry multiple stacks of PA frags and charge horrific amounts for S weapons....Like 500 frags for an 10* For people like me who don't exactly handle their money well.

This idea I kinda like. Like for example, maybe not carrying multiple stacks, but perhaps have a quest where you trade in 99 PA Fragments for some item, and you continue to collect until you trade them in for an S Rank.

This way you can either do hundreds of runs looking for the board / weapon. Or, you can do hundreds of runs collecting fragments to get the weapon you have your eye on. Not sure if this would be fair for all S Ranks, but it sounds nice to me.

CAST-Sapphire
Feb 23, 2007, 12:08 PM
I think the S ranks made by GRM, Yomei, ect. should be. But anything Kabura should not.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 23, 2007, 12:10 PM
On 2007-02-23 08:57, Alkaar wrote:
Anyway, now that I think about it, both methods of obtaining S rank weapons (finding the board and synthing + purchasing the board for 50+ mil and synthing) would work due to the low chances of successfully synthesizing a S rank weapon.

Knowing this, I'd still prefer to find an S rank board for the mere satisfaction of finding it. It makes hunting for S rank boards that much more exciting, not knowing when it'll drop. And once it does... *eyes pop wide open* ... (silent pause as you approach the rare board) ... YES!!! HOLY CRAP!! I FINALLY OBTAINED THE BOARD I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!

To me it's all about the satisfaction and excitment factor. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

so what if you spend weeks trying to find a weapon and you never do? But in that time period you actually made 50 million meseta? Would you not want to spring for the board because you've spent such a long time trying to get the board and have just been SOOL? I would, in a heartbeat, if I were so unlucky.

THE JACKEL

Golto
Feb 23, 2007, 12:49 PM
They will eventually at least sell 10* boards. Might take the expansion but they will.

egn56
Feb 23, 2007, 01:06 PM
No they shouldn't. It defeats the point of making them rare honestly.

Zalana
Feb 23, 2007, 02:06 PM
I guess most of the people in this topic are very lazy about finding rare items. ;_; I guess they might as well sell A rank units and S rank units in the shop too for 50 million too in order to stabilize the economy. :rolls eyes: The economy will fix itself if no one bypasses anymore, so stop worrying about it.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 23, 2007, 02:16 PM
lol, it won't fix itself if no one bypasses. Especially considering some people have billions in storage, that they can just hold onto. If that happens, and the economy "stabilizes" they'll just go around buying everything good.

THE JACKEL

Golto
Feb 23, 2007, 02:23 PM
Its not lazyness wanting the simple 10* to be sold way in the future. I have several hundred 100's of play time on my chars and I have yet to see an srank board drop and I've only seen 1 a rank unit drop. Unlucky does not mean lazy.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 23, 2007, 02:33 PM
500+ hours here, never gotten a rare unit, despite hunting for it, but I have gotten a halarod board, and 3 crea doubles boards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

THE JACKEL

Zalana
Feb 23, 2007, 02:43 PM
Their rare for a reason... I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over 500+ hrs but, do you see me complaining. It will stabilize lol it costs to synthesize stuff/grind stuff. You make it seem like the economy is going to stabilize itself overnight. Of course it isn't genius, I've already taken that into consideration. Sure... you have 3 Crea Double boards and a Halarod board along with a bunch other stuff you accept from people. :rolls eyes: If you ask me your wanting the game to be easier than what it already is. Once the S2 missions come out you'll have plenty of time to aquire 10* items of the like and such.

Rashiid
Feb 23, 2007, 02:49 PM
i wanna know who voted option 3 lol

ShadowDragon28
Feb 23, 2007, 03:00 PM
um if S-ranks where put on sale in NPC shops it would not be fun at all. Part of the fun of PSU is hunting for rare s-rank boards.

ST doesn't need to give scammer-cheaters another means to rip people off. (as in they buy 5 s-rank boards make the weps and then sale them for 50mill each, which is/was going on now with A ranks unfortunately http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

IMO it would be stupid thing to do.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 23, 2007, 06:42 PM
Sure, and while you're at it why not have them sell at 50% element, and have them sell all element types? I mean, you don't want my gimp 9* 50%'s making your shiny new multi-million meseta weapon look like crap, do you? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I voted no.

pionear
Feb 23, 2007, 06:47 PM
Not now, but after a couple of months, yes.

Gryffin
Feb 23, 2007, 06:58 PM
Iunno, I dont wanna find Boards....Only if they synth with 100% chance...

ZOMG

An item that causes synth rates to increase by 50%...Yummy.

Another idea is that they can be found, or bought with PA frags...

necman
Feb 27, 2007, 09:40 PM
Who said s rank was rare. Some b weps happen to be rare. s is just a better grade then a which is better then b. Some s grades should be rare like some a's should be. But not all of them. so some of you have like 1000 plus hours. Hurray for you. some of us have lives outside games and dont want to put in 1 million hours trying to find some item.

nooblet
Feb 27, 2007, 11:24 PM
if people dont have the time to find the "rares", then tough luck. If you dont have the time for it then accept the fact that things will come to you slower than someone who puts in more time. Why should ST treat you differently than the people that do have the time for it.

Hell I play FF XI causally, and I dont have any fancy duper gear like some of my LS mate. I just do what I can and hope for the best with my limited playtime.

Sharkyland
Feb 28, 2007, 12:11 AM
Highest sold in stores is going to be 12*, I think...

Rashiid
Feb 28, 2007, 07:31 AM
On 2007-02-27 18:40, necman wrote:
Who said s rank was rare. Some b weps happen to be rare. s is just a better grade then a which is better then b. Some s grades should be rare like some a's should be. But not all of them. so some of you have like 1000 plus hours. Hurray for you. some of us have lives outside games and dont want to put in 1 million hours trying to find some item.

by having a life u mean the following:

smoking your life away?
drinking until your body says stop?
having sex w/ anything that has 2 legs?

having no life means your dead.

everyone has a life, they choose what to do in it.

get over it.

on topic: yea i think up to 12* is being sold, b/c theres up to 15* items on this, so yeah probably.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 28, 2007, 05:49 PM

are you kidding me? well, at least in PC/PS2, I've seens LOTS of Halarods, much more than I've seen Crea Doubles.

forevergamer
Mar 1, 2007, 03:36 AM
well..i guess maybe the low level ones cause once you have gotten a higher level it wont mean anything to you anymore.but if it's the high "S" ones...no way!!!it's hard enough that all you went trough and luckily one will come out.even if i were down to my last meseta,i still wont consider selling it.

Been a player before,been a player still...

Rashiid
Mar 1, 2007, 11:24 AM
On 2007-02-28 14:49, Shiroryuu wrote:

are you kidding me? well, at least in PC/PS2, I've seens LOTS of Halarods, much more than I've seen Crea Doubles.

well on the 360, ive seen 1 out of every 100 fighgunners w/ Crea Doubles

not 1 person has a Halarod. i mean never ever had 1. lol