PDA

View Full Version : A few questions regarding 360 PSU

Alastair
Feb 22, 2007, 05:47 PM
I've been planning on buying the Xbox360 version of PSU for a while now. I've heard that the community has more people than the PC/PS2 PSU (currently a member of that one), and I've also heard that it seems to have less issues regarding lag, glitch exploiters, duping, etc. Is all of this true?

And one more question. Do people use USB Keyboards to chat, or do they use voice chat?

Thanks in advance!

-Rune-
Feb 22, 2007, 05:54 PM
Gonna answer then I think I'm gonna ignore this thread after wards when it hit 2 pages or more lol. ANYwho why not just wait a day and save yerself like $500 bucks... We're getting an update for the PC/PS2 version and you already started so why switch? Better thing to do is to tell some friends about the game yer playing and get them to join and you'll have even more fun, I'd think. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

rena-ko
Feb 22, 2007, 05:59 PM
some use kb, most use voicechat.
the figures of xbox having 3 times as many users are a bit outdated, afaik. right now there should be an equal amount of users.

the xbox 360 servers are linked internationally - that means you'll be able to play with japanese, if you wish for it. thats not possible on ps2/pc servers.

regarding lag exploits and duping... well... xbox is a pretty secure system. it also is said to be a bit laggy if there is a lot of stuff going on on screen. thats the same for ps2 tho.

on pc you'll have the chance to change settings so it isnt laggy anymore. recently sonic team seems to be a bit after getting the security up. we'll see how that turns out.

in the end, the technical issues pretty much even out for all three systems. its up to you if you want to play with Js or not, on your tv or your pc.

JAFO22000
Feb 22, 2007, 05:59 PM
On 2007-02-22 14:47, Alastair wrote:
I've been planning on buying the Xbox360 version of PSU for a while now. I've heard that the community has more people than the PC/PS2 PSU (currently a member of that one), and I've also heard that it seems to have less issues regarding lag, glitch exploiters, duping, etc. Is all of this true?

And one more question. Do people use USB Keyboards to chat, or do they use voice chat?

Thanks in advance!

I can't verify the PS2/PC versions, but I do believe there are more people currently playing the 360 version.

Lag seems to be evident on all of the versions, including the 360. I get lag and slow down from time to time, but nothing egregious enough to quit.

There currently are no reports of duping on the 360, but there are still scammers (i.e. people who will try to take you items/money/etc.). But if you have half a brain, they can't scam you.

I use a keyboard to chat in lobbies and the headset in missions. I'd say about 70% of people use the headset while the other use a keyboard. I have never cared whether they are using a keyboard or headset as long as they can hear what is being said and can communicate quickly. You shouldn't have a problem if you only have a headset or if you only have a keyboard.

Ethan-Waber
Feb 22, 2007, 06:48 PM
On 2007-02-22 14:59, rena-ko wrote:
some use kb, most use voicechat.
the figures of xbox having 3 times as many users are a bit outdated, afaik. right now there should be an equal amount of users.
Untrue, XBOX always has at least 1 universe full at all times, if it is not then it has 4 stars. Midday it turns to 2 universes to 3 universes full.

the xbox 360 servers are linked internationally - that means you'll be able to play with japanese, if you wish for it. thats not possible on ps2/pc servers.

regarding lag exploits and duping... well... xbox is a pretty secure system. it also is said to be a bit laggy if there is a lot of stuff going on on screen. thats the same for ps2 tho.
I experience no lag at all what-so-ever
on pc you'll have the chance to change settings so it isnt laggy anymore. recently sonic team seems to be a bit after getting the security up. we'll see how that turns out.

in the end, the technical issues pretty much even out for all three systems. its up to you if you want to play with Js or not, on your tv or your pc.
Xbox has no bad things wrong with it, no lag and no cheaters. PC/PS2 is mostly all hacks and craploads of lag. Xbox is the better system for this game, in about 3 or 4 months than PC/PS2 MIGHT be good enough to play without the cheating, but doubtful.

Sorry to prove you wrong, but I am right.

RS
Feb 22, 2007, 07:04 PM
^ Sounds like bait to me

-Ryuki-
Feb 22, 2007, 07:07 PM
Xbox fanboy much?

In the early days of PSU, when lvl 30 was considered really high at the time (first few weeks of PSU), the PC version had at least 2 servers full, with at least a third server half full on very rare occassions. People grew bored quickly because there wasn't any content. In my opinion, they should've never gotten their hopes up, because MMO's don't have everything released right away, and it takes time for the MMO's to actually get better until then.

I haven't necessarily experienced any lag issues, but I do have slow-downs every now and then (in places such as Moonlight Beasts and Ragnus). If that's lag, then I guess I'm guilty.

Xbox has bad things on it. May not be as worse as the community I'm currently in, but it's still bad. The only thing preventing "hacks" and cheats, is Xbox Live, which is run through Microsoft. They have a reputation, and if something bad happens, that's their name, not entirely Sega's. Sega's name has been ruined through many attempts, but that's besides the point.

Xbox isn't entirely the better system for the game, as any CPU (if upgraded) can be just as powerful/good. You can voice chat on the PC using TeamSpeak or Ventrillo, so the mic feature on the 360 version isn't anything new.

Honestly, I think people just complain too much.

And Ethan..

Lawl.

Alastair
Feb 22, 2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks a lot for the responses guys! I think I'm going to stick with my ol' PS2 and see if I can talk a friend of mine who got the PC version to let me use his DVD http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif He doesn't like the game too much.

Retehi
Feb 22, 2007, 07:14 PM
Ethan's a jerk.

-Ryuki-
Feb 22, 2007, 07:29 PM
It says in his profile that he's a 16 year old elitist.

Maybe not the elitist part, but you know it's heading there.

Anyway, I agree with Retehi.

Sekani
Feb 22, 2007, 11:54 PM
If you're gonna switch, switch to the Japanese PC version. It's the only one Sonic Team gives a shit about.

VanHalen
Feb 23, 2007, 12:04 AM
Don't switch really think about this. Is $500 really worth playing the same game?

EDIT: lmao Ethan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-02-22 21:07 ]</font>

WildArms2
Feb 23, 2007, 12:41 AM
Coming from a guy who switched from PS2 to 360 about 2 months ago

The 360 does have 3-4 times the players and they are growing 3 universes full is not uncommon in peak hours

I'd say about 75% use voice chat 20% use keybaords and 5% are silent

Money is hard to come by therefore all items are insanely cheap and you can buy anything if you have the cash...you may look at forums and see Har / Quick for 2 mil and think how easy it was for you to get 2 mil on ps2 side i have played about 2 months and haven't earned 2 million yet barely made 1 mil

There is less lag almost no slowdown only when you open boxes or a lot of monsters spawn because of the next reason...

Added special effects, This one was a WOW kinda thing when i first started playing 360 version

Dunno if its worth $600 to start all over but it's worth it if you already own a 360 and just need the game.

desolant11
Feb 23, 2007, 12:52 AM
um again.. i love xbox people who never played a single second on the pc/ps2 servers that come on and seem to know everything about our community. dont spread lies. even before this update there was like 4 hackers. now guess what? theres none. and no irregular items and you can't dupe meseta anymore. it's clean but the economy needs to spend out alittle more. dare i say it will near normal in a month.

desolant11
Feb 23, 2007, 01:01 AM
On 2007-02-22 21:41, WildArms2 wrote:
Coming from a guy who switched from PS2 to 360 about 2 months ago

The 360 does have 3-4 times the players and they are growing 3 universes full is not uncommon in peak hours

I'd say about 75% use voice chat 20% use keybaords and 5% are silent

Money is hard to come by therefore all items are insanely cheap and you can buy anything if you have the cash...you may look at forums and see Har / Quick for 2 mil and think how easy it was for you to get 2 mil on ps2 side i have played about 2 months and haven't earned 2 million yet barely made 1 mil

There is less lag almost no slowdown only when you open boxes or a lot of monsters spawn because of the next reason...

Added special effects, This one was a WOW kinda thing when i first started playing 360 version

Dunno if its worth $600 to start all over but it's worth it if you already own a 360 and just need the game.

on pc money may not be as hard to come by right now but in time will be again. but you could never buy a har quick on pc/ps2. and i don't care what the reason that makes it rarer on pc/ps2. lol i wish i could buy one.

i play on ps3 and get NO lag or slowdown or weapon lag or enemy spawn lag nothing...sorry.

theres no extra effect lol it's just that because of frame rate issues with ps2, you dont see all the magic and PA effects all the time. also again while the graphics are better than ps2, they're not as good as pc. close though. on ps3 game looks great with fantastic colors and textures.

ok i'm through defending pc/ps2 for the night.

WildArms2
Feb 23, 2007, 04:50 AM
You can actually buy a har / quick on PS2/PC side you just had to be the lucky guy to buy someones that they put up at 99 mil meseta as a show off at least thats how it was when i left I imagin there are some people that may still throw it up in shops but it will be gone in a matter of seconds...this will happen with any great deal or super rare item on the server.

Although what you say is true a har / quick is rarer on your side of things, (unless it was mass hacked into the game) but that is because of smaller player base making it harder to find. The ones that are found no one will want to trade/sell. When i was leaving Crea Double were just being spread around in the game on PS2 side of things and lthough sega said they will remove all hacked weapons they cannot remove the crea double because it could be legit although i imagin 99% were hacked into the game. I remeber seeing/hearing that around 5 crea doubles had been made in the PS2/PC side then once hacks were released the trade forums here sparked up and every other post was about trading crea double for some rare A rank unit.

Graphicaly I cannot refute what you said about a PC or PS3 as i have never played on either of those systems I would imagin it does look, and run just as well as the 360 does if you have a high end PC and or a PS3. I've played with friends that have a lower to medium end PC and they had to lower some settings to make the game run smooth on their comp especially in parties of 6.

There is nothing dramtically wrong with the PS2/PC side of things except for a few minor things that would only bug a certain hardcore gamers...sega seems to be fixing these problems and maybe in a few months the duped mesta will be destroyed.

xXAlucard
Feb 23, 2007, 05:29 AM
I got into this game a few weeks ago on the 360 and from what I've HEARD (Not played) it's better as of now than the other versions, BECAUSE the other versions have been hacked to death and the economy is kinda screwed up on the PC / PS2 versions. Now recently though (Today) there's a new security update that supposedly fixes all that, but we'll have to wait to see how effective it actually is. I personally like the 360 version better because its a bit easier to use a controller and voice chat, plus you can use ANY usb keyboard (like the one on your PC) and type away on it in public. There isn't lag at all depending on your connection, but there are some slow downs when you have a full 6 person party all doing crazy fancy moves all over the place, which is common on any MMO. I'm sure if the PC version was more secure it would be much better due to all the options and updates, but as of now I love my 360 PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CyarVictor
Feb 23, 2007, 11:19 AM
They are all good systems. What makes each bad(again EACH) is the people who hack, spam, jack up prices, beg, loot, steal accounts, etc. No one platform is better. Hell, yesterday during a Desert Terror S run, My group had half the party disconnect right before block three. I am on the 360, and there are times with lag or slow down. Also the mics do get jarbled, choppy, or someone can't hear another.

Put it as this, whatever platform you are comfortable with, use it. For this game, no one is better than another.

(As for hardware, PC beats any console down.)