PDA

View Full Version : Best combos for fighgunners

DLShAdOw
Feb 22, 2007, 06:29 PM
What are the best gun/blade combos for fighunners.

Right now I am using a machine gun and a saber, but I was thinking of changing to a crossbow and a single claw. I wanted to know how good claws are related to sabers and single daggers, and how good crossbows are related to handguns and machineguns.

I also want to know your opinion on the best fighgunner combo.

Kaydin
Feb 22, 2007, 06:34 PM
Crossbows have a spread shot at higher levels. 2 bullets at 11+, 3 and 21+. But as for blades, I perfer Sabers, because the PA's are much better.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 22, 2007, 08:04 PM
each single hand weapon has pretty good PAs. The claw has stronger PAs, and I love the crossbow on my Fighgunner. Basically it's like having a one handed dual handgun. Two shots at 11+ about the same power. It works well. The single handed weapon varies for me, but I have a saber, dagger, and claw on me at all times.

THE JACKEL

DLShAdOw
Feb 22, 2007, 10:38 PM
I already have the saber and the dagger PA's to around 15 so i think i will get a claw, and try the crossbow too. Thanks for the info guys, i didn't know about that multi shot thing for the crossbow.

Dumah
Feb 22, 2007, 10:42 PM
i use 3 sabers with 2 handguns 1 mechgun 2 doubles 1 twin saber and 3 dual handguns http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif just got myself a bone dance other day and im loveing it

February
Feb 22, 2007, 11:25 PM
i personally love Claw/Crossbow combo.

CAST-Sapphire
Feb 23, 2007, 12:18 PM
Claw/Handgun is my favorite.

MrFortegunner
Feb 23, 2007, 06:05 PM
I think machine gun with ice fury and saber with gravity strike is good cause you could freeze someone instantly with the machine gun and then spam gravity strike like crazy. just keep repeating that

Natrokos
Feb 23, 2007, 06:26 PM
I don't have a fighgunner but from what i've observed dagger/crossbow seems pretty effective.

Krans
Feb 23, 2007, 08:34 PM
For me i mainly use Saber/Mechgun,

I tried a crossbow but didnt like it, but then again i didnt get it up to two shots so i might try again, also i hear the ultimate PA for the crossbow will be damage equal to your health which is just insane.

Never tried single claw, single dagger is ok (first PA is better)

Prefer mechguns over handguns because they are faster, if im going to shoot down something or from far away i use twin handguns.

omegapirate2k
Feb 23, 2007, 09:06 PM
I love the claw/crossbow combo but as I recently found out, fighgunners don't get S rank claws.

Needless to say I was a little bit dissapointed.

Natrokos
Feb 23, 2007, 09:23 PM
Poor Omega....I'll give ya a hug next time I see ya lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Pengfishh
Feb 23, 2007, 10:35 PM
I may be alone in this, but I stick with single Dagger, handgun. I love me some single daggers and I was annoyed by the crossbow's slot firing rate and considering how seldom I actually use the left hand weapon it wasn't enough to try to level to 11 (would have taken too long, you understand).

Single dagger, though. My my my. Beautiful weapon. Regular combo executes more quickly than saber, so third-hit stun becomes useful in stopping enemy attacks, and both PAs are glorious in their appropriate situations. Love love love.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 23, 2007, 10:42 PM
Leveling the crossbow is a pain in the ass, but I just got dark bullets to 11 today, and it is wonderful. Gotta love it.

THE JACKEL

Pengfishh
Feb 23, 2007, 11:00 PM
It seems I can just strafe between two enemies and pop off two shots from the handgun just as fast.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 23, 2007, 11:04 PM
9* handgun
ATA: 146
ATP: 270
PP: 606

9* crossbow
ATA: 156
ATP: 297
PP: 777

the crossbow is better in every statistic, and the PP cost of a hangun bullet at 11+ is 6, while a crossbow is 9. Crossbow gets two bullets. So for every 18 PP, a handgun gets 3 bullets, a crossbow gets 4. Plus the crossbow has higher PP and hits for more damage. And the firing rate isn't actually that slow.

crossbow ftw, as long as you put the time in for it. Plus if you want to go to first person to shoot, you might as well be wielding dualies.

THE JACKEL

Sev
Feb 24, 2007, 05:40 AM
I'm one of those crappy Fighgunners who would rather throw my gun at the mob then shoot it. I only use Saber and Dagger for single weapons though, I'm not even touching claw outside Fortefighter. I just don't feel like leveling the PA's. I have a friend that seems to swear by the Dagger/Mechgun combo though.

Also, I've never tried the Crossbow. Can you use it long range? That's the only time I really use a gun, to tag flying enemies or enemies that've flown from one side of the screen to the other.

Carbinne
Feb 24, 2007, 05:57 AM
Crossbow is more short-mid range; it's slightly more versatile in that you can take on one target close or a couple at mid, but the fact that it (at level 11+) fires in a V pattern makes it a bit of an awkward weapon to use. Add the fact that you need to get it to lv 11 bullets for it to start being good makes it a poor choice for someone who isn't too hot about ranged weapons.