PDA

View Full Version : So I switched to ranger :P

Pinecone
Feb 22, 2007, 10:10 PM
Being a beast fortefighter until lvl 61 wore thin just hacking and slashing at stuff so as a joke I switched to ranger. To my surprise I found it extremely amusing. And I laughed even more when I joined a random party to mess around and I join sanosuke shiranui(Newman fortefighter). After that I took a break and then completely forgot I was a ranger and went to an S rank tunnel recapture mission. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I'm thinkin about goin for fortegunner just to play around with when I dont feeling like fortefighter-ing, anyone else think I should?

Randomness
Feb 22, 2007, 10:13 PM
Can't hurt to come up with another thing.

I'm making a beast fortegunner right now...

Carbinne
Feb 22, 2007, 10:15 PM
It's a good class. Main problem is that levlling up the 'main' weapon (rifles) bullets will take you forever. As a beast? Well... if you can still hit things fine, then sure. Just don't treat it too seriously... Twin pistols might be the best thing to focus on early on if you decide to keep at it. Nice in-the-middle weapon that levels much easier than rifle. Though feel free to fiddle with whatever you want! I see CAST fortetechers all over but a Beast Fortegunner? Not something I think I've ever seen.

AeraLure
Feb 22, 2007, 10:15 PM
Hell yeah. My Fortegunner became my absolute favorite character in the game. No contest. Even given I disliked rangers in PSO and favored hunters and forces there. They are SO much fun in PSU. Just be warned there's much time to spend leveling bullets, but so long as you dont actuall focus on that as a task and simply focus on playing, you will likely enjoy playing the ranger class, given your first impression.

Randomness
Feb 22, 2007, 10:18 PM
Well, after level 30, 12 or 13 Bruce B is enough to shoot a basic class to 10...

Pinecone
Feb 22, 2007, 10:20 PM
well im lvl 61 XD

Maybe I'll see if anyone actually wants me on theire bruce team, couldnt hurt to try. Could be worth a laugh or 3

Randomness
Feb 22, 2007, 11:13 PM
On 2007-02-22 19:20, Pinecone wrote:
well im lvl 61 XD

Maybe I'll see if anyone actually wants me on theire bruce team, couldnt hurt to try. Could be worth a laugh or 3

At level 61, you should be fine in Bruce B.

Jey
Feb 22, 2007, 11:15 PM
Just bring some Burn/Virus G traps and some ice bullets and you're good for Bruce Bs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

To be honest when I was levelling jobs before the advanced jobs were released Ranger put me to sleep (rifle awesome but zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) but now that you get all sorts of toys (grenaaaaaaaaaaaaaaades) to play with I wish I had the PA space to take up Fortegunner on my main lol.

VanHalen
Feb 22, 2007, 11:23 PM
Yeah for fun on my ranger character I use traps on enemies esepically G ones. Set them around monsters 3,2,1 BOOM! Blowing things up is so much fun I wish fortefighters could get them. (Hey I was mentioned here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)