PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PS2: Any noticable effects of maintenance yet?

R2D6battlebot
Feb 23, 2007, 04:30 AM
Just want to know if anyone sees anything different, like missing some weapons or something. I want to make sure it isnt like the last 'update' =/

Makai_Fan
Feb 23, 2007, 04:47 AM
yep S rank armor weps and grinders are gone, altho some unrealsed S ranks are still in

l_Will_l
Feb 23, 2007, 05:24 AM
what stuff is missing and what unreleased s ranks are still online

Sc0pe
Feb 23, 2007, 05:47 AM
ironic, that they remove content then call it an update.

l_Will_l
Feb 23, 2007, 05:58 AM
the content they were taking down was stuff that isnt released yet. im thinking they obviously have our updates planned out for them to have the illegal items taken off the server and not just released instead. really makes u wonder what they are doing over there *scratches head*

imfanboy
Feb 23, 2007, 06:06 AM
OK.

If you had anything unreleased in your inventory, the moment that you pull it out (I'm told) it vanishes. That includes stuff for sale, like the dude who's got an S+10 grinder in his shop - if anyone bought it they would find their meseta gone and them with no money at all.

2 things that are still a problem (not that I expected Sega to be able to fix them):

1) RELEASED S-ranks that were manufactured en masse still exist. Whether or not they did anything to stop the cheat from actually working any more... I can't test, 'cause I'm on PS2.

2) Only lame cheaters who wanted to be banned had unreleased S-ranks. The smart ones ditched those and just kept making dozens of 9* weapons until they had full pallates of 44%-50% weapons.

So, when new S-ranks come around, we'll see cheaters walking around with 6 of them and saying, "Uhh... I got them from friends... yeah..." unless we know for sure that they've been stopped from cheating entirely. <_<

Ah well, at least they're doing something about it, you know? ^_^ More than they ever did, or ever could, on PSO...

EVEN IF IT TOOK CHEATING ON THE JAPANESE SERVERS, JUST AS I PREDICTED 3 MONTHS AGO, TO GET THEM OFF THEIR FAT ARSES.

*ahem* sorry for the shouting, I'm still mad about that. If they'd've clamped down 3 months ago...

But that's spilt milk.

desolant11
Feb 23, 2007, 08:52 AM
On 2007-02-23 03:06, imfanboy wrote:

So, when new S-ranks come around, we'll see cheaters walking around with 6 of them and saying, "Uhh... I got them from friends... yeah..." unless we know for sure that they've been stopped from cheating entirely. <_<

i don't think so, supposedly they made it so third party software cant access the system anymore. if thats true, no more duping.

AeraLure
Feb 23, 2007, 09:07 AM
On 2007-02-23 05:52, desolant11 wrote:

i don't think so, supposedly they made it so third party software cant access the system anymore. if thats true, no more duping.

Wow lol. Talk about a stretch. I'll believe that when I see it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2007-02-23 06:10 ]</font>

l_Will_l
Feb 23, 2007, 09:13 AM
yeah i will actually be suprised with sega if they did that. i mean i never thought of that from sega.

Ultra
Feb 23, 2007, 09:19 AM
...lol...I just saw a player with Rucars in his inventory, they are still safe.

Golto
Feb 23, 2007, 09:40 AM
On 2007-02-23 06:19, Ultra wrote:
...lol...I just saw a player with Rucars in his inventory, they are still safe.

That could mean two things that whole 'Juan' email stating these were not released was a fake or they just wiped 11*-12* equipment.

Nuclearranger
Feb 23, 2007, 09:42 AM
Well I really hope they patched it so no more damage can be done...

Mayu
Feb 23, 2007, 09:46 AM
Kyuubi still has 6 rucars http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

magenta
Feb 23, 2007, 10:17 AM
3 rucars i heard, and that one of them is GRINDED

still its very gladdening that sweet death and two-headed ragnuc are no longer in his inventory.

fronebullare
Feb 23, 2007, 10:24 AM
MAGENTA POLICE! anyway, does anyone have any idea when we actually get some Sranks...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fronebullare on 2007-02-23 07:25 ]</font>

isahn80
Feb 23, 2007, 11:26 AM
Sega just wiped all of the S-ranks except for the Carriguines for some reason; there was no client-side patching or anything. Nobody got banned either.

Rashiid
Feb 23, 2007, 11:32 AM
On 2007-02-23 08:26, isahn80 wrote:
Sega just wiped all of the S-ranks except for the Carriguines for some reason; there was no client-side patching or anything. Nobody got banned either.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=22007&postdays=0&postorder=asc&vote=viewresult

meh, these beg to differ, mi amigo.

isahn80
Feb 23, 2007, 11:36 AM
>.>

Never mind... guess I lucked out or something XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: isahn80 on 2007-02-23 08:39 ]</font>

Rashiid
Feb 23, 2007, 11:40 AM
heres sum more info on this S rank weap. sych:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=22011

Axel3792
Feb 23, 2007, 12:18 PM
On 2007-02-23 05:52, desolant11 wrote:

lmao, that's why it's hacking...

Sc0pe
Feb 23, 2007, 12:45 PM
I just don't see the purpose in removing the items. They might as well just release them legally, and ban those that were found with them. As for the update, its a fair enough comment to say they're bringing it up to date, however I don't see why they couldn't release any content at all this week.

AeraLure
Feb 23, 2007, 01:16 PM
On 2007-02-23 09:46, Golto wrote:
Then how can you update things like your resume, wardrobe, etc? Faulty logic loses.

Hmm? Is this truly a question? lol. Quoted from dictionary source:

1. to bring (a book, figures, or the like) up to date, as by adding new information or making corrections: to update a science textbook.

2. Computers. to incorporate new or more accurate information in (a database, program, procedure, etc.).

3. to bring (a person, organization, etc.) up to date on a particular subject: The magazine article will update you on the international situation.

4. an act or instance of updating: to make an update in a financial ledger.

5. information or data used in updating.

6. an updated version, model, or the like.

I can update my resume by making it current, or changing it to be specific to a particular employer's needs. I dont necessarily need to add anything to do that. I might remove things to make it more specific.

I can update my wardrobe by packing away things that are no longer current (summer clothes) and pulling out things that are (winter clothes). I am not gaining or losing anything in this instance. I can update my wardrobe by selling off articles that I deem as having gone out of style. This is a change to my wardrobe that doesnt necessarily include replacing said item lost, but it is a reaction to change in fashion trends.

In the case of a game update with the above definitions, try #'s 1, 2 or 6. This update has made corrections, incorporates more accurate translation of data by removal of illegal and unintended items, and/or is itself a new model of the game with changes to code or inventory. You dont have to add items to update a game, although you may add code to update the model.

Ehh.

A2K
Feb 23, 2007, 01:20 PM
Please get back on topic and aawwwwaaaaaay from the lame semantics argument.

Scejntjynahl
Feb 23, 2007, 01:27 PM
On 2007-02-23 09:46, Golto wrote:
Then how can you update things like your resume, wardrobe, etc? Faulty logic loses.

In resume:
Say your initial resume had a job where you got fired from. And you realize that when future employers call for information about you they say you were the worst employee ever. Would you keep that job as a reference? Or delete it?

If you delete (hopefully for obvious reasons) you have succesfully "updated" your resume to "benefit" you.

In wardrobe: Obviously you throw out the old.

Lastat27
Feb 23, 2007, 01:41 PM
The reason hackers still have Blackbull, Love Bow, Carriguine-Rucar, and A Rank Grinders is because they are all legit released items in Japan.

We won't have access to these boards until next week or later but the reason why they haven't been deleted from our game is because we got the exact same patch Japan did.

Sega is just lazy when it comes to security.

AeraLure
Feb 23, 2007, 01:43 PM
How true that is.

Zero787
Feb 23, 2007, 01:44 PM
So since Japan had it already, wouldn't it have been a good idea to just combine the The North American Server with the Japan server and not worry that much? >_<

Cracka_J
Feb 23, 2007, 02:05 PM
man, everyone is so quick to bust out the torches and go sega witchhunting.
the update may not be the greatest security, but it is a step in the right direction.
Hopefully they will keep doing more of this in the near future.

Lastat27
Feb 23, 2007, 02:22 PM
It doesn't matter how many steps in any direction Sega takes. To be blunt, they use Gameguard. The hacking will never end. I want to see Sega impress me just once with security. Last weeks anti-hack patch has already been broken. There's no GM support. Is there online tech support? They really cheaped out in this regard.

The only way to slow down hacking would be to patch servers every week or even every day. It only takes one day of non-stop hacking to put server economy etc back in the gutter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lastat27 on 2007-02-23 11:25 ]</font>

Reginaldo
Feb 23, 2007, 02:26 PM
Heh, golto's inability to understand what the word update means made me laugh.

Golto
Feb 23, 2007, 02:33 PM
Blackbulls will be legit next update err addition http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif As for the Carriguine-Rucar, we have access to the same lvl 85 Carriguines as the JPN do. They don't have lvl 100+ Carriguines yet.

Ok this is a pointless argument over the different usages of the word update. I guess some people just love argue.

ShadowDragon28
Feb 23, 2007, 02:41 PM
It seems that far to often players of PSU like to set some what high expectations, turn any little positive bit of something into a negative; pick it apart, and then continuously complain when their imagined outcome doesn't match up with reality.

It's like even if ST is taking a "step in the right direction", some people just have to be
overly-critical and pick apart the "step", and are implying things like
"No! the step is not absolutely perfect to how I imagined it! You stink! Do it like I want you to! Why? Becuase I'm special and you suck! "

*Sigh* The picking apart and nit-picking is getting really sad and repetative...
Enough already. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-02-23 11:54 ]</font>

Rashiid
Feb 23, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-02-23 10:41, Lastat27 wrote:
The reason hackers still have Blackbull, Love Bow, Carriguine-Rucar, and A Rank Grinders is because they are all legit released items in Japan.

We won't have access to these boards until next week or later but the reason why they haven't been deleted from our game is because we got the exact same patch Japan did.

Sega is just lazy when it comes to security.

with that said, why dont u just patch the game urself, prove us wrong on how easy it is.

Lastat27
Feb 23, 2007, 03:04 PM
I said Sega is lazy because instead of giving us our own patch where Blackbulls, Love Bows, and Carriguines, would be deleted. They gave us the patch straight from Japan. Not a big deal, but still lazy security.

It's nice to be optimistic about these "steps in the right direction". I'd prefer a hack-free server myself, and admit that banning people with S Ranks is awesome. But at least I'm realistic about the big picture. Sega get's too much credit when they finally do something right. "Hey we updated Gameguard and stopped hackers for a single day!"

Praise the Gods of Sega!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lastat27 on 2007-02-23 12:21 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Feb 23, 2007, 03:19 PM
At least Nprotect Game Guard is actually being updated with patches in an attempt to twart scripting/cheat programs. Sega doesn't own Game Guard, nor do they program it. NProtect does.

Real hackers wouldn't give a shyte about doing any real hacking on a *niche* MORPG though anyways. Game Guard is not perfect and neither can it perform miracles.

*sigh* Just more of the "that step isn't perfect! Do it how I want it! whine whine blah blah blah!" stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PMB960
Feb 23, 2007, 04:02 PM
Honestly every online game is hacked. This is about the best that you can do to prevent it. The only way ST could stop people from hacking PSU would have to not even make the game in the first place.

ShadowDragon28
Feb 23, 2007, 04:12 PM
Well, the thing is it's not really actual hacking. More like the use of a Script/Cheat Software that 1 hacker wrote, and that others add on to and then Script-kiddies then edit some hex code that allows them to mod items or duplicate them.

They then distribute the junk to others and those know-nothing noobs, those cheaters and the script-kiddies claim they are "leet" Hackers, when real Hackers would laugh in their faces at what those dweebs call "hacking".

REAL Hackers do not even bother with PSU.

Soukosa
Feb 23, 2007, 04:15 PM
Some people are rather clueless with things...

A) People don't dupe things through 3rd party programs that access the server. They do it by messing with the game's memory space via a cheating program that was designed to get around GG. However, from what I've heard, the way the current version of GG we have is only those that actually know what they're doing can get around it. i.e. no more wanna be hacker script kiddings causing problems.

B) Why are being considering the love bow to be unreleased? It was fucking found on the XBox version and the way things are there (with MS at least), no one would be stupid enough to hack it in if they could. Further more, this patch proves that the Carrigane-rucar is released on the JP servers and since only Carrigane would drop it that would mean it's released here too. Carrigane only shows up in the first Hive mission and no S2 rank for it exists yet. So get it through your skulls that it's out! Also take this as proof that support personal in a foreign branch of a company is less likely to know what's in the game than you are.

C) Shut the hell up with your complaining about ST/Sega already. Sure they aren't perfect but no company is perfect. Yes other companies can be better but those are also much larger than Sega. If this bothers you so much then just get your butt back to WoW or FF so that maybe we can actually enjoy the game without having to put up your mindless blabbering about it.

ShadowDragon28
Feb 23, 2007, 04:21 PM
>>>They do it by messing with the game's memory space via a cheating program that was designed to get around GG<<<<<

This is what I was refering to BTW.

Rashiid
Feb 23, 2007, 04:36 PM
Just because the enemy is out, doesnt mean i can drop it yet.

were we able to get Kerseline when the game 1st came out? nahh.
(which, note, drop on B-S misisons now)

doesnt mean the Rucar is out

theres more S ranks that ST didnt get rid of (mainly 10*s), because Japan has them, and this patch was the same one they had, and when they got theres, certain S ranks were legit, not wipeing them out.

in a simple way:

this patch, which was JP's, was givin to them when the Rucar was officially legit, meaning that it was not wiped out. but, u cannot obatin it still

Lastat27
Feb 23, 2007, 05:53 PM
^ Exactly. And I'm pretty sure the Love Bow only dropped from Rappies on S2 maps, which we never had during Valentine's.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 23, 2007, 06:08 PM
Yeah, i've gotten higher end vendor-sold materials on lower missions lately. Odd.

AeraLure
Feb 23, 2007, 06:11 PM
On 2007-02-23 13:15, Sounomi wrote:
Some people are rather clueless with things...

C) Shut the hell up with your complaining about ST/Sega already. Sure they aren't perfect but no company is perfect. Yes other companies can be better but those are also much larger than Sega. If this bothers you so much then just get your butt back to WoW or FF so that maybe we can actually enjoy the game without having to put up your mindless blabbering about it.

No. I might tell you the same for being clueless in your own way. Some people actually desire a better gaming environment provided by SEGA and there's little doubt they could have begun actions like these months ago and kept it from degenerating to quite this level. I dont think anyone here faults SEGA for taking some sort of action and we all wish the game would improve. Its simply they could do more, even despite meager resources, and its been along time coming.

ShadowDragon28
Feb 23, 2007, 06:19 PM
"That step is not perfect! Do it how I want you to do it! Or I'll complain more!"

Things are not as bad as *some* are making them out to be. *sigh*

Rashiid
Feb 23, 2007, 06:26 PM
On 2007-02-23 14:53, Lastat27 wrote:
^ Exactly. And I'm pretty sure the Love Bow only dropped from Rappies on S2 maps, which we never had during Valentine's.

Love Bow was different, it was a "special drop" from V-Day rappies, special drops can be found on any rank, like the Black Heart, its a 'special drop'

but the rucar is a normal drop, enemy lvl based

edit: my friend was joking around while searching for shops, and he found someone that was selling a Love Bow (forgot name).
this is on the 360, so its legit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-02-23 15:28 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Feb 23, 2007, 07:01 PM
I would not be surprised if a female human Force named "Sailor Moon" shows up in PSU and then wips out the Love Bow....

I would to someday like to hunt for and find the C-Rucar board, the wep looks teh super coolness.

Golto
Feb 23, 2007, 07:29 PM
On 2007-02-23 14:53, Lastat27 wrote:

Wrong the Kohibumiteri board dropped from Rappy Amures lvl 85+ which means Dual Sentinel S and Mad Beasts S fit that monster lvl requirement. How else can you explain the video proof of it on 360?

Q_Anon
Feb 23, 2007, 07:53 PM
Mad Beasts S

Well, Mad Beasts S didn't fit the requirement since Jaggos appear in that mission but yeah Dual Sentinal S, which is probably the worst mission to hunt something in ever, did drop the board. Granted it was a rare drop from a rare monster.

Golto
Feb 23, 2007, 09:03 PM
Rappies in Mas Beasts.