PDA

View Full Version : PSU on PS3

Tsudori
Feb 23, 2007, 09:17 AM
Just a quick one, are the graphics and game play for PSU any better on then PS3 than on the PS2? Just wondering if anyone knows?

Nuclearranger
Feb 23, 2007, 09:19 AM
I beleve they are but i could be wrong and the slowdown is soposto be alot better. I hear the FONT is different too o.o

Ryo_Hayasa
Feb 23, 2007, 09:24 AM
When you play PSU on the PS3, the game looks ALOT sharper, the text is more "clearer" and more in focus. there are still slow downs, and offline load times are shorter, i think online load times are shorter too.

Downside, There is some sound problems with PSU (and other PS2 games) inwhich during some sessions of play the sound, or background music will start to distort untill it becomes extremely low quality and almost "Scratchy" but this can be resovled with a good ol' restart, or in the PS3's case "quit game" then restart it. As this problem rarely, rarely happens.

EspioKaos
Feb 23, 2007, 09:27 AM
My roommate plays PSU on a PS3. To be honest, it doesn't really look that much better than when you're playing it on a PS2. And the slowdown is still there. It's not as bad, but it's still there.

Nuclearranger
Feb 23, 2007, 09:35 AM
The PS3 emulates the PS2 so it takes alot of power there and then it runs additional Antialising and antiso. It should look alot sharper n.n

Mattardo
Feb 23, 2007, 06:25 PM
Unless of course you use a widescreen television, in which case PS2 games look like crap. NOT because of the stretching (though that does not help), but because of the awful way in which the PS3 handles the PS games: I have a black bar on the bottom of my screen no matter what game I play. And if you're used to using the L1 and R2 buttons , the switch to the trigger style buttons on the PS3 pad is awkward and annoying. Sometimes it seems like they are too sensitive, sometimes it seems like they are too much effort to use. The sound, using optical cables is wretched for surround: good ol' red and white still do Pro Logic II the best justice. I can't tell ya how HDMI sounds, but probably the same as optical. Slowdown is still there, but weapon switching is slightly faster. Slightly. Updates on the memory card constantly want to be reapplied every time I play it, which can be tedious and frustrating. Honestly, I went through the update that improved PS2 graphics, and the gain, while big, was still not more than the PS2 can do. As much as I like my PS3, it is not used for PS2 games at all. They have much more work to do in that department. Sure, the controller is wireless but you can buy those for PS2.

desolant11
Feb 23, 2007, 06:35 PM
people with high def tvs and the best cables often complain of edginess. ps2 games are not meant to be played in high def. video output 480i or standard should help this problem, but its the chords more than anything. the better the chords the worse ps2 games look. seems so anyway.

other than that. i play ps3 and would never dream of switching back to 2.

Mattardo
Feb 23, 2007, 10:43 PM
well, the thing is... I use component cables with my PS2 on my high-def tv. Yes, there's edginess due to the stretch factor, but the whole screen is displayed. Now I use the exact same cables in the exact same input on the tv using the PS3 and suddenly there's a big black bar of nothingness on the bottom of the screen. Even when I choose lowest output resolution on the PS3, it's still there on PS1+2 games. Same game, same cables, different picture. The only conclusion I can make is that there's something wrong in the PS3 hardware or software scaler that does this. I don't know. Their answers to my e-mails are robotic and ignorant on the problem. The PS2 had no problems displaying PS1 games. I wish the PS3 was a little better at it. Or at least had a screen adjust feature independent of the game...PSU does not offer that, to the best of my knowledge. Left and right, maybe, but not up and down.