PDA

View Full Version : Sega should trick everyone.

Chris28
Feb 23, 2007, 01:16 PM
They should put a few S-rank boards in stores for extremely high prices (10 million or so) and let everyone buy them, and then do a whole sweep a few weeks later of the s-ranks and also take the s-ranks out of the stores. That would get rid of a ton of money.

A2K
Feb 23, 2007, 01:19 PM
Or, you know, they could just wipe the money in the first place.

AeraLure
Or they could just wipe it like they should have long ago. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryna
Additional Side-Effects
-Several pages of threads of people complaining about their items being stolen.
-The game's population substantially decreasing.

AeraLure
Feb 23, 2007, 01:21 PM
Rock on. Three posts at the same time is a sign that Dark Falz will come and stomp us all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2007-02-23 10:21 ]</font>

Spellbinder
Feb 23, 2007, 01:23 PM
I think that'd only work if we could somehow mathematically derive the number 23, since you know, 2 divided by 3 is 666. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (Jim Carrey in a serious movie, omgz)

Edit:
Oh wait, my post was at 10:23 on the 23rd! That's hilarious!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spellbinder on 2007-02-23 10:24 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Feb 23, 2007, 01:25 PM
Why don't they just add four zeros to the end of all NPC prices? The economy on the PC/PS2 version should dictate this. On that version, it's like the stores have 1940's prices and the players have 1990's incomes.

Akaimizu
Feb 23, 2007, 01:31 PM
On 2007-02-23 10:23, Spellbinder wrote:
(Jim Carrey in a serious movie, omgz)

Very understandable response. He's played serious roles before, but none of the actual movies were serious. I guess this might be his first big serious role in an actual serious movie.

Thrash777
Feb 23, 2007, 01:54 PM
Remove meseta from people with over 50mil.

Zalana
Feb 23, 2007, 01:58 PM
Or we could just forget the person who made this topic.

Kili
Feb 23, 2007, 02:03 PM
[quote]On 2007-02-23 10:54, Thrash777 wrote:

Hm, i suppose thats a option that could be of good affect, but what about those people that have worked hard to earn that kind of money legitly?

I vote for possibly the same kind of thing that SEGA did on hacked items today but for meseta, hey that completly contridicts what i just said.

What can SEGA do?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kili on 2007-02-23 11:04 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 23, 2007, 02:18 PM
uhm what they did today was, any items that can be gotten legit, are still around. So meseta can be gotten legit, so it's still around. But anything new made will be detected, which means probably no NEW meseta infiltration.

THE JACKEL

Gamemako
Feb 23, 2007, 02:51 PM
On 2007-02-23 11:03, Kili wrote:

Hm, i suppose thats a option that could be of good affect, but what about those people that have worked hard to earn that kind of money legitly?

I vote for possibly the same kind of thing that SEGA did on hacked items today but for meseta, hey that completly contridicts what i just said.

What can SEGA do?

Nobody has that much legitimately.

Those who have legit money tend to BUY things with it (especially SYNTH ITEMS), leaving them with relatively LOW amounts of meseta. Only those who play in the HACKED ECONOMY have that much money.

Rashiid
Feb 23, 2007, 02:57 PM
I think ppl should realize that Sega is a bunch of human beings, and not robots that functions are unfaulty.

foamcup
Feb 23, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-02-23 11:57, Rashiid wrote:
I think ppl should realize that Sega is a bunch of human beings, and not robots that functions are unfaulty.

No, Sega is a bunch of Asians, which means all non-Asians are subhuman. They went with GameGuard because it's made by Koreans, rather than lower themselves to talk to another race of people who might have a better anti-cheat solution. They also boned their NA customers (again) by giving us the same damn security fix the JP servers received even though they have some items that haven't been unlocked here yet, so we still have un-legit stuff floating around. *coughgrindedarankscough*

DISCLAIMER: I mean no offense to any Asians, non-Asians, subhumans, robots, NA customers, or servers.

Sayara
Feb 23, 2007, 03:26 PM
If thats the case, Sega defiled themselves using said korean GG.

I mean, the honorable Japanese using the inferior Korean's technology? Have they no shame!

Oh the sarcasam

pso123hrf
Feb 23, 2007, 05:39 PM
On 2007-02-23 10:58, Zalana wrote:
Or we could just forget the person who made this topic.

Nice...I like that responce

o.0

Gryffin
Feb 23, 2007, 06:46 PM
Hrmm.

I was thinking dividing it all among everyone..I don't know if that would be fair though...

Kili
Feb 23, 2007, 07:55 PM
On 2007-02-23 11:51, Gamemako wrote:
[quote]On 2007-02-23 11:03, Kili wrote:

What can SEGA do?

Those who have legit money tend to BUY things with it (especially SYNTH ITEMS), leaving them with relatively LOW amounts of meseta. Only those who play in the HACKED ECONOMY have that much money.

[u]

I didnt actually mean 50 million legitimately. It may have looked like that way in the context in which i wrote that comment. I just meant people with allot of money in general, which can be achived by legitmate players (who have no life).

I do know a small few who have achieved large amounts of money legitly.

Oh well, hopefully one day this problem will be sorted out.

Kili
Feb 23, 2007, 08:03 PM
[quote]On 2007-02-23 11:51, Gamemako wrote:
[quote]On 2007-02-23 11:03, Kili wrote:

What can SEGA do?

__________________________________________________ __________

I didnt actually mean 50 million legitimately. It may have looked like that way in the context in which i wrote that comment. I just meant people with allot of money in general, which can be achived by legitmate players (who have no life).

I do know a small few who have achieved large amounts of money legitly.

Oh well, hopefully one day this problem will be sorted out.

Soukosa
Feb 23, 2007, 08:28 PM
On 2007-02-23 12:07, foamcup wrote:
No, Sega is a bunch of Asians, which means all non-Asians are subhuman. They went with GameGuard because it's made by Koreans, rather than lower themselves to talk to another race of people who might have a better anti-cheat solution. They also boned their NA customers (again) by giving us the same damn security fix the JP servers received even though they have some items that haven't been unlocked here yet, so we still have un-legit stuff floating around. *coughgrindedarankscough*

You talk as though Asian is a race when it's not. Asia is a continent with many diverse races.

Further more, what's wrong with using GG? Like everyone else you fail to mention something that's better, which probably means there isn't anything. No, I don't like ST relying entirely upon client side protection either but the GG bashing is rather too much.

Also, you don't seem to be aware of the fact that there is quite a bit of hatred between Koreans and Japanese. Korean children are actually taught to hate the Japanese due to what happened during WWII. Alot of Korean players also started to boycott Gravity, the makers of RO, after it got bought up by a Japanese country. Obviously this shows that you had no idea what you were talking about in your post to begin with.

Zalana
Feb 23, 2007, 10:03 PM
The thing is, I don't understand why people/users of the game keep beating down on the fact of hacked meseta and ways on how to get rid of it. It's not going to happen overnight and stop making these bogus suggestion of making stuff cost 10 million meseta or how ever much of said X amount. If you want your meseta wiped then please by all means go in a locked game and drop it there and spare me the headache. ;_;

Oh yeah honestly stop bashing GameGuard because, hmm as I see right now maybe 1 or 2 are bypassing if not entirely 0 at that. Their updating regularly which, is a nice improvement so I would give them some credit. Sonic Team/Sega isn't the richest company so I'm guessing they had to decide on cheaper protection for their game.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Feb 23, 2007, 10:37 PM
two messages compacted into one for simplicity.

First to the people who still whine about the money and economy on PSU. First off who cares about it. Adapt and evolve to meet the changing environment. Second get over it. Change and Adapt.

Second is to the people who keep bringing up this topic. "Dishonor on your whole family. Dishonor you, dishonor on your cow, dishonor on your little cricket too."

Pengfishh
Feb 23, 2007, 10:44 PM
Yay for Herdsman!

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 24, 2007, 04:29 AM
Still waiting for...and probably won't happen...World 2 given that they could easily split the severs into 2 groups.

Carbinne
Feb 24, 2007, 04:49 AM
I have a bunch of cash built up from selling a Burzai +10 for 99,999,999 and also various rares at various prices. If they decide to do something about it, fine. If they don't, fine. Get over yourselves, I'm rich and you're not because I took advantage of things. It's not how things should be, but until Sega has a foolproof plan to ensure this doesn't happen again, it's how things are. The End.

APEXi
Feb 24, 2007, 07:29 AM
whats better than game guard? punkbuster.

Jasam
Feb 24, 2007, 09:53 AM
On 2007-02-24 04:29, APEXi wrote:
whats better than game guard? punkbuster.

A couple paperclips and a wet peice of paper is close to being as effective as gameguard http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

jizaboz
Feb 24, 2007, 09:59 AM
PunkBuster is good for 1st person shooters... eh, but it probably wouldn't work with PSU because the game is designed for network play a bit differently.

necman
Feb 24, 2007, 10:37 AM
Maybe if you guys spent less time worrying about hackers and more time about how you play the game you may enjoy it a bit more. Everyday countless topics about how hackers are ruining the game pop up. Why not make a topic asking for the legit players. How much you make selling stuff is entirely up to you. And if you think game guard sucks cause it can not stop hacking try making your own program then. Even Nassa can't stop hackers and they have the best security on the planet so good luck. To connect to the net is to leave your os as open as swiss cheese and nothing could ever change that.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Feb 24, 2007, 11:10 AM
I have decided to let you in on a small secrect that most people know but some are still ignorat of. You sell stuff for what people will pay for them. Me, i sell photons and i have raised the price everytime i sell them until i got to a point where they werent sold in 24 hours. that point was 25000 so i dropped it back down to my previous price of 20000 and they take about 8 hours to completely sell out from the approx. 20 elemental photons i put up for sale. But that is still cheaper than the majority of people who keep the elemental photons on stock in their stores. theirs are selling for around 200000 but you know they wouldnt still be selling them that high if people werent buying them. you have to play the market in a game like this. Yeah people over price things but others still buy them. I dont like it and for the longest time i was selling all photons i collected for 50-75 because they are incredibly common in c rank missions. after about two months i realized how much money i was losing and started raising the price. So let me put it this way:

ADAPT AND STOP COMPLAINING

edit: After all that is what games like these are about

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HerdsmanOfYrr on 2007-02-24 08:11 ]</font>

Flwl3ssCowboy
Feb 24, 2007, 12:23 PM
On 2007-02-23 11:51, Gamemako wrote:

On 2007-02-23 11:03, Kili wrote:

What can SEGA do?

My friend has that much legitly from selling crimsonlines and the like. the people who BOUGHT tem likely had some duped money, but my friend earned it the legitimate way. And yes, he DID buy synth mats, lots of them for more crims, lowering his amount of meseta by a few mil

Yuicihi
Feb 24, 2007, 12:40 PM
Wipes are temporary solutions.
Haxeta will just be duped again, as will weapons.

MattTheShark
Feb 24, 2007, 01:09 PM
On 2007-02-23 19:37, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:
Second is to the people who keep bringing up this topic. "Dishonor on your whole family. Dishonor you, dishonor on your cow, dishonor on your little cricket too."

yay http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif