PDA

View Full Version : PS2 lag problems just checking....

Turbobrain
Feb 23, 2007, 02:31 PM
This topic has no doubt been raised a lot about the lag PS2 players have on the game. I have read some of the posts while the others are hidden in PSO archives and frankly I'm wanting to play PSU then dredge through them!

So, as I understand it there are some ways in that you can decrease this lag.

The first and arguably obvious one is to change the PS2 itself to FAST load(from the consolde own preferences) mI am just interested, how does this work out for people?

The second is disable the music. It works ok for me. Definetly a incrwae in speed especially in high muiltiplayer games.

The third is when you 'arrive' on a level is to run through all your rods(I am a force.... lvl 30.... not sure about going to fortecher or guntecher, I like guntecher as the ranged weps I have on my guy work real well... another thread but interested in opinions).

I am not sure of any other soloutions, other then when a server is full(like 2) goto one less full. Though this is probbly nothing to do with PS2 just the servers.

Help and advice would be appreciated. Thanks. I am on tonight. Echo(WuTang). Maybe party with some of you.

foamcup
Feb 23, 2007, 02:58 PM
On 2007-02-23 11:31, Turbobrain wrote:

The first and arguably obvious one is to change the PS2 itself to FAST load(from the consolde own preferences) mI am just interested, how does this work out for people?

That's only for Playstation games, not Playstation 2 games. Even then, it doesn't work with all of them. Symphony of the Night comes to mind as one of the ones that doesn't work. Works great on Um Jammer Lammy though, and with the texture filtering, it looks like a whole new game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Back on topic, no that shit doesn't work for PS2 games. Cycling your weapons at the start of a block is a good idea, I do it all the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: foamcup on 2007-02-23 12:11 ]</font>

Caliban_King
Feb 23, 2007, 03:09 PM
Lag is a strange creature. No matter what the game, if it's online, it'll have lag. From my experiance, anyway. If there are people out there who never lag, hooray for them! But here and there, most of us probably do.

I've heard people on high-end machines with connections faster than astronauts complain about lag. I've heard (and maybe experienced) that when you walk by someone on dial-up, you'll slow down if you're faster than them.

Much like shit, I guess lag just happens.