PDA

View Full Version : redundancy

HerdsmanOfYrr
Feb 23, 2007, 04:26 PM
well im not sure if anyone else has whined about this yet but i was just curious what people do while playing all the time. It seems that all there is to do is talk to people or do runs. Im trying to level up but i need 9000+ to make it to the next level...the places i can easily run thats almost 300 kills. so two questions 1) where are good expireance/payoof runs and 2)what is there to do to make it a little more interesting

Tiyr
Feb 23, 2007, 04:32 PM
Depends on your level.

If you're soloing, it all gets old pretty fast. With a group, as long as you don't do the same place over and over, I dunno, I didn't really get bored. There IS a wierd level where all the B-rank stuff is too hard and the C-rank stuff is too easy, but I think with all the additional content that's in since I was low level it probably wouldn't be that bad.

There're twenty-four missions out there now, in addition to Bruce's and the story missions (unless I'm miscounting). If you're running De Ragan, HIVE and Bruce's all day, yeah, I can imagine you'd get bored.

Caliban_King
Feb 23, 2007, 04:42 PM
When I got a little bored I fed my PM about 3mil and got it to 80. I don't like it too much, but it was something other than exp to work towards.

Or you could get a few people together and play home run derby with easily juggled monsters.

Rizen
Feb 23, 2007, 04:45 PM
Well, any given online game is pretty redundant, even the best ones out there.

As for the time, I know you are exaggerating...but thats waaaay over exaggerating. It really doesnt take that long to level from one level to another, even at higher levels. Just have to explore around and find a good median between whats too hard and whats too easy and how well the exp and money/reward is (note: common misconception people have is seeing the end result being the only rewards gotten from the run).

As for whats gets the best exp, need to know your level.

Evolution
Feb 23, 2007, 05:27 PM
Its not really that much of a problem for me because I have a few close friends that I play with and things are always interesting. Personally I also find it that if you have a goal it makes the game more interesting, say you want to save up for a really expensive item, every run you do you're working towards that goal.

PJ
Feb 23, 2007, 05:34 PM
On 2007-02-23 13:45, Rizen wrote:
As for the time, I know you are exaggerating...but thats waaaay over exaggerating. It really doesnt take that long to level from one level to another, even at higher levels.

Actually, I was really glad to read that.

When you start the game, level 1-10 seems ridiculously fast. But then, for those 10 levels afterwards, you think, "Oh man, this is where it gets hard!" but with the progression of difficulties/faster completing lower difficulties, it never has felt like a grind. It feels like it takes the same amount of time to level up now (36) then it did at level 10.

Now I'm glad to know at higher levels it seems to remain at this constant. It's why I like PSU. (I know, when I DO get higher, eventually it'll take awhile to level, but yeah)

I have one character at 36, and one at 35.

Almalexia
Feb 23, 2007, 05:37 PM
Yes PJ, it takes longass time to lvl past 65(124,000TNLs) but not OMGBBQ2WEEKS slow.

Gryffin
Feb 23, 2007, 06:49 PM
On 2007-02-23 13:26, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:
well im not sure if anyone else has whined about this yet but i was just curious what people do while playing all the time. It seems that all there is to do is talk to people or do runs. Im trying to level up but i need 9000+ to make it to the next level...the places i can easily run thats almost 300 kills. so two questions 1) where are good expireance/payoof runs and 2)what is there to do to make it a little more interesting

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

desolant11
Feb 23, 2007, 07:11 PM
psu is grinding. first you grind for exp, mps and items, then you grind for exp, mps and items some more. when you cap your advanced job, you grind to cap your weapon skills after that you grind to build up PAfrags. you can also grind looking for things you want such as black heart, crea doubles, halarod, and a few other goodies that are currently dropping. you can grind looking for rappy spawns too. good news is, pretty soon grinding will become funner cause SS rank missions will be available. might finally be able to find what you want there lol.

community is good though cause you'll need help grinding. and when you need a rest from grinding you can talk with the lobby rats.

Nia
Feb 24, 2007, 08:27 AM
Right now me and my friends are figuring out the details of PSU POKER! Should be fun, i'll post details once we get it hashed out!