PDA

View Full Version : Mesetta Fixed? :)

Kimil
Feb 24, 2007, 04:00 AM
I noticed something after the update, no more of my photons are selling, even at 5K now... is this a sign that the duping REALLY is done? and that I haven't seen Kyuubi on for a while?

FluxGryphon
Feb 24, 2007, 04:41 AM
Eh, I'd wait till 12 to 24 hours later and see if your photons aren't gone then. Mine don't usually sell till after I've slept and checked the next day. Still, if meseta duping has been seriously cut back, one must wonder how it will affect the economy. We'll just have to wait and see.

Zalana
Feb 24, 2007, 05:19 AM
Not another one of these topics... Please give it a rest honestly. ;_;

Almalexia
Feb 24, 2007, 08:27 AM
Current GG revision is 965.

Callous
Feb 24, 2007, 08:43 AM
It's meseta.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 24, 2007, 08:58 AM
oh, and no, the haxeta is still pretty much around. people still bought my overpriced photons and kubara woods.

Kimil
Feb 24, 2007, 02:08 PM
On 2007-02-24 05:58, Shiroryuu wrote:
oh, and no, the haxeta is still pretty much around. people still bought my overpriced photons and kubara woods.

ya, but if nomore is being duped, the economy should balance out after a while.

Unless ppl have a death grip on their 50mil-some meseta, but even then... tht meseta is out of the economy and wont affect anyone

Nayla
Feb 24, 2007, 03:06 PM
Maybe people just aren't getting ur shop in the search...? My photons have still been selling for 10k.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Feb 24, 2007, 03:08 PM
Ok another one of these topics. I just love people complaining and whine about the so call economy on PSU personally i think you should just ADAPT AND GET OVER IT. It really isnt that big of a deal. And I shall place a quote from the last topic similar to this.

On 2007-02-23 19:37, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:
Second is to the people who keep bringing up this topic. "Dishonor on your whole family. Dishonor you, dishonor on your cow, dishonor on your little cricket too."

good night and enough

Zorafim
Feb 24, 2007, 03:40 PM
Yes, getting over the fact that you can't sell rare items that you don't want in your shop because the meseta you get from it is worthless, or not being able to buy rare items because of the same reason, is very effective. Once everyone does that, we'll have a much better life in PSU. We won't be able to get items we want in the way we were supposed to, but why should that matter?

HerdsmanOfYrr
Feb 24, 2007, 05:33 PM
The best way to get items is to do the missions and find them. That is the way you are "supposed" to get them. That is the reason it is a game based on running missions not running stores. This is PSU Tycoon or Photon Tycoon or something similar. If you managed your shop the same way others are then you would be able to buy what ever you want to get and it wouldnt really matter. Like me i have both my characters maxed for scape dolls. I dont need them often but they are still there along with maxed on dimates (cause i dont like trimates and i dont want to rely on forces) and on photon charges. So lesson of the story stop whinning about how things are messed up and learn to deal with reality.

Kimil
Feb 24, 2007, 06:33 PM
On 2007-02-24 12:08, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:
Ok another one of these topics. I just love people complaining and whine about the so call economy on PSU personally i think you should just ADAPT AND GET OVER IT. It really isnt that big of a deal. And I shall place a quote from the last topic similar to this.

Second is to the people who keep bringing up this topic. "Dishonor on your whole family. Dishonor you, dishonor on your cow, dishonor on your little cricket too."

good night and enough

Lol, way to NOT read what I was saying...
I wasn't complaining about the economy you assfuck. I was just wondering if it was going to change after the update, I'm not whining like "FUCKING HAXED MESETA RUINGIN PSU1!!!" no, I'm jjst wondering if ppl think It's going to change back to how it was when psu began with the new update, in case I have to 'adapt' back to the original playstyle, of actually caring about dieing, or using too many P.C.s, (because they were, ya know, EXPENCIVE)

Thanks for the copy/paste responce btw

Golto
Feb 24, 2007, 06:40 PM
If hackers want more meseta the real hackers will find a way around gg.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 24, 2007, 06:54 PM
On 2007-02-24 14:33, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:
The best way to get items is to do the missions and find them. That is the way you are "supposed" to get them. That is the reason it is a game based on running missions not running stores. This is PSU Tycoon or Photon Tycoon or something similar. If you managed your shop the same way others are then you would be able to buy what ever you want to get and it wouldnt really matter. Like me i have both my characters maxed for scape dolls. I dont need them often but they are still there along with maxed on dimates (cause i dont like trimates and i dont want to rely on forces) and on photon charges. So lesson of the story stop whinning about how things are messed up and learn to deal with reality.

uhm I use trimates only, because I have 1800 HP and 3 dimates are needed to completely heal me. That's not relying on a force, that's just being smart. It's cheaper to use one trimate, than 3 dimates.

I still don't understand the whole complaint, more money, everything goes up at an equal rate, basically making everything the same. What was 1,000 before, is now 100,000 say. It's not bad, because it's all balanced and inflated.

THE JACKEL

Randomness
Feb 24, 2007, 07:56 PM
On 2007-02-24 15:54, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2007-02-24 14:33, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:

uhm I use trimates only, because I have 1800 HP and 3 dimates are needed to completely heal me. That's not relying on a force, that's just being smart. It's cheaper to use one trimate, than 3 dimates.

I still don't understand the whole complaint, more money, everything goes up at an equal rate, basically making everything the same. What was 1,000 before, is now 100,000 say. It's not bad, because it's all balanced and inflated.

THE JACKEL

Except mission rewards don't reflect that...

If they did, it wouldn't be a problem, but as is, the only way to make the money to buy stuff is selling stuff...

HerdsmanOfYrr
Feb 24, 2007, 08:20 PM
thats why sega put in the stores so you can make money on the side. The missions are to get items and the rares. The stores are to make the money for the upkeep of the characters. Even before the economy supposively went out of wack the pay off for the missions werent any good by comparison to what you had to go through to get the pay offs.

Randomness
Feb 24, 2007, 08:52 PM
On 2007-02-24 17:20, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:
thats why sega put in the stores so you can make money on the side. The missions are to get items and the rares. The stores are to make the money for the upkeep of the characters. Even before the economy supposively went out of wack the pay off for the missions werent any good by comparison to what you had to go through to get the pay offs.

If the economy hadn't gone boom, Bruce would have been QUITE good by comparison, even if it would have sparked a small price hike.

FluxGryphon
Feb 24, 2007, 09:07 PM
Lol, I was gonna stick up for Kimil for HerdsmanOfYrr ripping on him, but looks like he beat me to it. XD

To Herdsman: I can understand your frustration, but it doesn't do you any favors to get angry and judge a post before reading it through.

To add to Jackel's post, I imagine all that duped money changes hands a lot as well, just because of the player shop system. Makes me wonder how much money I've 'earned' from selling photons to people who duped their money in the first place.

AeraLure
Feb 24, 2007, 10:29 PM

Because some dont wish to play inline with the cheaters, hiking items to absurd prices to take advantage of the system and make a ton from your store so you can actually buy the things at the inflated prices. There's no other way to do what you describe. Its currently not a good environment to play in if you wish to avoid having to cheat, because you basically cannot run a shop in that case.

I wouldnt imagine any change in the economy after the update. There's been infinite meseta in the system for months now. It would take forever for it tto dispappear. SEGA is still using GG so, sooner or later, the meseta duping will start anew and continue as before, if it isnt already, and it will trickle into the systems as before. That's likely to happen long before meseta begins to drain out of the system.

PMB960
Feb 24, 2007, 10:40 PM

THE JACKEL

The one problem with that is the fact that there is still an NPC shop. I often see people buying and selling non-element weapons and synth mats for 3x NPC prices. I see people buy Kerseline for 10K even though it costs 4K at NPC because they don't feel like going to the NPC shop(which honestly doesn't make sense).It would be very easy to make a killing by selling stuff at 3x NPC price and use that money to buy even more from the NPC.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Feb 24, 2007, 10:40 PM
On 2007-02-24 18:07, FluxGryphon wrote:
Lol, I was gonna stick up for Kimil for HerdsmanOfYrr ripping on him, but looks like he beat me to it. XD

To Herdsman: I can understand your frustration, but it doesn't do you any favors to get angry and judge a post before reading it through.

I wasn't ripping on Kimil. I'm just tired of seeing good web space taken up by the same non-stop non-sense day after day. This site has many good ideas started and many good discussions but they almost all degrade into the same exact retoric. People complain about hackor and duped money. And just for note depending on how you interpt the various post four of the eight before mine made some comment to gg inefficency and the money issues. that is what i was posting to not to Kimil's original post. His was a good point it was just soiled by the complainers

FluxGryphon
Feb 25, 2007, 04:27 AM
On 2007-02-24 19:40, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:
I wasn't ripping on Kimil. I'm just tired of seeing good web space taken up by the same non-stop non-sense day after day. This site has many good ideas started and many good discussions but they almost all degrade into the same exact retoric. People complain about hackor and duped money. And just for note depending on how you interpt the various post four of the eight before mine made some comment to gg inefficency and the money issues. that is what i was posting to not to Kimil's original post. His was a good point it was just soiled by the complainers

Yar, I totally agree with ya. It's been a long time since I was a regular (ish) on here during my GC PSO days, and the trend you so accurately described was true then too. It's all too easy to leap in and go (as I someone put it in a different post) on a "Sega witch-hunt." Goes with the territory I suppose. :/

At this point, I'd be saying "Back on topic..." but I don't have anything to add. XD

AeraLure
Feb 25, 2007, 07:54 AM

Kimil's opening post was asking if the meseta was fixed and if the duping was really gone. Cant really even begin to answer that without mentioning Gameguard inefficiency or money issues.

There's many great topics on this site. Its the best PSO/PSU site there is, imho. Many topics dont discuss this issue. The majority in fact dont. It is, however, the single biggest problem with the game at the moment, so we shouldnt be surprised to see a topic on it every day, the recent surge of them sparked by SEGA's little actions on the 23rd.

Maybe they will actually try to address this directly at some point (my hope). The combination of it being the single greatest problem (imho) as well as it not being handled by SEGA continues to make it a relevant topic. I didnt see anyone complaining in the topic beyond a discussion of meseta, until you came in frankly.

good night and enough