PDA

View Full Version : new idea

tailz
Feb 24, 2007, 04:10 AM
would anyone think this would be useful?
say you need 1 kerseline for synthing something but ur all out... so u take 3 upteline that u do have and synth a kerseline out of em with a converter board...

well i think if u can do that, u should be able to do the reverse... if i needed 3 upteline but was all out... i could take a kerseline and break it down into 3 upteline...

if u build something out of legos, you always have the option to take it apart and reuse it however u want... so if someone gave me a worthless (at the moment) crea saber, wouldnt it be great to be able to break it down into 10 photons, 10 copernia, 6 kerseline and 3 par ebon which i could then turn around and produce something i really wanted?

for the people that think, well thats just making it too easy... keep in mind, you pay to make kerseline out of upteline, so there would probably be a price involved to break it down... (i know, small price, big woop)

also, this could be treated the same way as synthing something altogether, in which theres a chance it may fail to be correctly broken up and it actually breaks beyond use - you would lose your weapon and the materials

even if all this works out, you would be back at square 1, with yet another chance to fail when you synth the weapon you really wanted

having said all that, what do you think?
sound good/stupid/useful?
lemme know whatever you think, if enough people like it we may be able to take it to the GMs, even though i doubt that will happen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SabZero
Feb 24, 2007, 05:59 AM
Heh, I had thought that too. But it shouldn't be exactly the same. Say, converting Ebon back to Ash shouldn't give you 5, but only 4.

Rashiid
Feb 24, 2007, 09:06 AM
same, this was always on mah mind, just never said anything about lol

but yeah, it would be kool

CrabRangoon
Feb 24, 2007, 11:47 AM
The breaking down of weapons and such into their original ingredients: probably not. I've caught plenty of weaps being sold for a lower price than if you added up the cost of all the materials, purely because they didn't have an impressive element % on them. This would cause an inflation of the prices of lowly % weapons, or alternatively, it would mean that essentially if you synth a 10% A-rank, you could just break it back down into its mats, and try again for a higher %. I dont consider that very fair play.

The only big complaint I have right now about thinsg missing from the synth schematics (as far as I know, but I haven't kept up with updates T_T ) is there are no upgrade boards for silica/carbon/resin. Other than those missing (and I think they're just as essential as the metals / ores / woods for upgrading), I am not let down or left wanting more from the synth system. I may just be the only one though >_>

Thrash777
Feb 24, 2007, 01:12 PM
Just get the one lower than Upteline (Marseline I think) and make 3 of them into an Upteline.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 24, 2007, 01:56 PM
I don't like it, because then when you break a weapon from grinding, why not get some of the materials used to make the weapon? I mean it broke. Break a weapon in half it still has all the materials in it. And you could actually fix it probably easily, but not in PSU.

THE JACKEL

tailz
Feb 25, 2007, 05:56 PM
ya i see what you guys are saying (those who dont like it)
i like sabzeros idea of getting a little less back if you break it down
crab rangoon has a great point... i completely missed the inflation factor, that would definitely be a problem...
and yes, they definitely do need boards for silica/carbon/resin also, idunno why they dont have those yet
jackel... wth were they thinking when they made it so u dont get anything back after breaking it lol

what if you could get half (or lower - so if normally you get 5, you get 2)
that way, you could still break something down if you really needed materials or really hated the weapon, but doing so will not give you a more valuable outcome (with the exception of maybe a few A ranks that sell for less than 30k)
but ya i dont see this happening... unless they give some materials back after breaking a weapon... good call jackel

aw well, like i said, just a thought

soulid
Feb 25, 2007, 09:41 PM
This feature would complicate things too much (as far as concerning my taste of gameplay). Donīt get me wrong, I like complexitivity, but there shouldnīt be too many ways to achieve a goal (in this case: havin the right materials for synthesis). Also it would be another feature with needs to be balanced, and why implement it when theres still need to focus workpower on other parts of the game to be balanced...

radical_ryan
Feb 26, 2007, 05:53 PM
soz cod not read it all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DurakkenX
Feb 26, 2007, 06:35 PM
the reason that can not work if you consider that all the ores and such are the same ore. In other words...the ore is being refined which means it purer. You can't unrefine something.

I think if you break a weapon from grinding you should be able to get it back by trying to synth it adding the photons that would have been lost via the grinding. and if you failed you wouldn't lose the broken weapon ^.^ you'd lose the photons but not the weapon itself...if you succeeded it would become a ungrinded ver of that weapon. meaning even if it was a +9 before it would become a +0 because it's a new blade.

MrFortegunner
Feb 26, 2007, 06:47 PM
THAT'S A GRAET IDEA, I'VE BEEN THINKIN OF IT TOO, JUST NOT THE WEAPON PART (which is an idea i would have never thought of but is equally good). I think that with that percent chance to fail, it's a great idea 'cause then it's not to easy either. GENIUS!!

MrFortegunner
Feb 26, 2007, 06:49 PM
On 2007-02-26 15:35, DurakkenX wrote:
the reason that can not work if you consider that all the ores and such are the same ore. In other words...the ore is being refined which means it purer. You can't unrefine something.

So, you can't have light sabers and grenade launchers out of photons or 30 universes either =P. It's a game dude.

DurakkenX
Feb 26, 2007, 11:29 PM
On 2007-02-26 15:49, MrFortegunner wrote:

On 2007-02-26 15:35, DurakkenX wrote:

So, you can't have light sabers and grenade launchers out of photons or 30 universes either =P. It's a game dude.

Uncreativity and insultation to those who are creative are the death of the human race.

tailz
Feb 27, 2007, 12:11 PM
ya i like durakkenXs idea of the broken grinds, but dont you think that makes things way too easy? if i knew all i would have to do is replace the photons (which i always have at least 99 of each on hand), id have every weapon grinded +10 in an hour... i personally like the risk of breaking a weapon because it makes those highly grinded weapons look so much better since everyone knows how hard it is to get there.
but like i said, i like the idea- but i think you should lose more than photons...
how would they do that though? if you broke a crea saber-would you get a crea saber board, 6 kerseline, 10 copernia, and 3 par ebon back so you could go insert new photons and synth it again?
what would happen if i had 58 items on me and i broke it, and didnt have enough room for all the materials...

also, if you could get everything back besides photons after breaking a weapon, that would be exactly what i asked in the first post- you could still get all the synth materials from breaking down a crea saber if you wanted to, and on the unlikely event that you didnt get to break it down-congratulations, you just got a crea saber +10 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

wutcha think?

DurakkenX
Feb 27, 2007, 12:31 PM
no...just as you can't unrefine ores you can not unmix or reuse certain materials once they are use

as far as it being too simple...well the resynthing of a broken weapon would take about 3/4 the time if it is as hard as they make it out to be to mess with photons...And while photons are easy to come by eventually they'd run out and you'd have to do runs for them and for grinders and all that.

Would +10s increase? a small bit because the system doesn't allow for a lot to come into existence over a short period of time... the average lvl would raise as well, but that's not such a bad thing

SuperRygar
Feb 27, 2007, 12:42 PM
why discuss things that aren't in a game? its so pointless. just become a programmer and make your own game. you guys are asking question and making up values for something that it non-existant....why? i understand its a cool idea. but its just that, a thought

DurakkenX
Feb 27, 2007, 01:39 PM
Because unless you speak on something things never get done...And if there are programmers out there they can always get ideas and make their products better...