PDA

View Full Version : figunner, to use a gun or to not use it?

bio-java
Feb 24, 2007, 03:59 PM
am i the only figunner that have totaly forsaken the dual guns?
i use saber, dual saber, dagger, dual dagger and double saber.
and i use a machine gun with my saber and a crossbow with my dagger.
i carry a couple of dual guns to, for bosses like omnagoug and the likes, but i never ever use it on anything else, is that just me or are there more likeminded people out there?

VanHalen
Feb 24, 2007, 04:07 PM
You aren't the only Fighgunner that does that. Your better than others though most do this
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i54/Envy_06/psu20070210_151602_000.jpg

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 24, 2007, 04:37 PM
I love my twin handguns. Some enemies are just weaker to ranged weaponry, and popping out the dualies is easy to do. I carry 3 of em, but only one on my palette at a time. Though I do have a crossbow with a saber, and a mechgun with a saber/dagger. Crossbow at 11+ is the tag all/status spray of the fighgunner, so that's always nice.

THE JACKEL

Ryo_Hayasa
Feb 24, 2007, 04:44 PM
Personally, i absolutely....Ok, maybe that's too strong.
But i do NOT like double sabers. I just don't, so i pretty much refuse to use them. Twin Sabers all the way =/

Anyway i also do not use twin guns. I'll use a handgun. Not a cross bow. Also i'll use a mech gun too, infact i really like my mech gun.

Mechgun for smaller enemies and handgun for those "you gotta aim" shots.

Twin Sabers for everything else XP

Rashiid
Feb 24, 2007, 04:56 PM
i like em, i only hav 1 pair tho (Evil Twins)

ShadowDragon28
Feb 24, 2007, 04:59 PM
i dont use any guns on my main character (a fighgunner) , I do use a crossbow but not to often. Still don't care for it either.

Anyways, Guns (handguns, dual guns, rifles, etc) go against my main character's beliefs, and his background story-history (sort of like Batman.)

Personally all the gun types in PSU are my *least* liked weps in PSU. I'm "meh" to nearly all guns in PSU.

Now if PSU had "Gun-Kata" style PA's from the movie "Equilibrium" then I'd really would actually like using dual guns.

I happen to really like Double Sabers.. I hope to one day find the boards to make and finally have a Ragan Ragnac and a Carriguin Rucar...
I Love how their normal hit w/ the 3-hit combo can hit all of a big enemy's target points.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-02-24 14:05 ]</font>

Nayla
Feb 24, 2007, 05:01 PM
On my FG, I -love- dual handguns. Crossbows are amazing too <3. I'm a CAST, so accuracy all the way.

AweOfShe
Feb 24, 2007, 05:05 PM
I use any weapons available (except single handguns. I find them boring :P). Dual Handguns are more of a situational weapon, for me.

Addendum: I <3 Crossbows and Mechguns. :D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-02-24 14:06 ]</font>

EphekZ
Feb 24, 2007, 05:11 PM
considering that's what your class is meant to do, it's pretty stupid that you wouldnt, up there with being a Fighgunner and not using traps.

Jey
Feb 24, 2007, 05:18 PM
Figh's job is to know thine enemy and figure out a way best to beat the crap out of it. fFs do it with brute force and axes. FGs do it with everything they can use.

Weak to melee? sure beat on it with a glowing light-oar.
Weak to guns? sure you've got a mech-gun and a crossbow, but when you need to aim or dodge ranged attacks simultaneously while still pumping out the damage and not worry about shot spread or limited range, you use twin guns.
Weak only to magic? well... break out them burn G traps or shoot the feck out of them with the strongest and fastest SE2 bullets you've got.

No reason to limit your job's potential, otherwise you may as well be playing a different job.

Tiyr
Feb 24, 2007, 05:30 PM
On 2007-02-24 14:18, Jey wrote:
Figh's job is to know thine enemy and figure out a way best to beat the crap out of it. fFs do it with brute force and axes. FGs do it with everything they can use.

Weak to melee? sure beat on it with a glowing light-oar.
Weak to guns? sure you've got a mech-gun and a crossbow, but when you need to aim or dodge ranged attacks simultaneously while still pumping out the damage and not worry about shot spread or limited range, you use twin guns.
Weak only to magic? well... break out them burn G traps or shoot the feck out of them with the strongest and fastest SE2 bullets you've got.

No reason to limit your job's potential, otherwise you may as well be playing a different job.

Yes.

omegapirate2k
Feb 24, 2007, 07:24 PM

One reason why I stay away from double sabers.

And I highly reccomend the use of twin handguns, they're quite possibly the BEST ranged weapon fighgunners have access to. They're perfect for when you have those enemies you just have to stay away from.

So in summation, if you have a free slot, fill it with twin handguns. If you don't have a free slot, carry a pair around at all times.

Slace2k3
Feb 24, 2007, 07:38 PM
I use all of the ranged weapons that FG could use, minus crossbows, being that I dont have one yet.
I really like using twin handguns to spreed infect, then move in with my other weapons. Im also started to use traps, just wish that freeze traps lasted a bit longer...

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 24, 2007, 07:45 PM
Twin Handguns are excellent on a Fagunner; to not use them is rather stupid, especially with things like Tengohgs and the like.

Also: is dat sum double sabic hax in dat picture?

Shoegaze
Feb 24, 2007, 07:48 PM
Twin HGs is it for me - I don't bother with handguns, machine guns or crossbows. It takes so damn long to raise shots 20, I figured it best to concentrate on the most deadly of the three, and forsake the others. My pallet is Spears x2, Twin Daggers x2 and Twin Handguns x2. When I hit a higher level and can finally use them, I'm subbing out Spear for Doublesabers which are waiting patiently in my drop box.

VanHalen
Feb 24, 2007, 07:51 PM
On 2007-02-24 16:45, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Twin Handguns are excellent on a Fagunner; to not use them is rather stupid, especially with things like Tengohgs and the like.

Also: is dat sum double sabic hax in dat picture?

woah I didnt even think of that when I took the pic I just assumed you can just put kubara wood in a high star doublesaber board like the railgun.

Slace2k3
Feb 24, 2007, 08:09 PM
It would be nice if they let FG use shotguns, I use that with my ranger and I have to say, they are alot of fun to use.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Slace2k3 on 2007-02-24 17:12 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Feb 24, 2007, 08:18 PM
I use every figunner ranged weapon except for a single handgun, and that's going to change once either my claw or sword becomes outdated (because I cant use S rank of either), I might replace it with either a single dagger or another single saber along with a handgun.

Pure-chan
Feb 25, 2007, 04:07 AM
I recommend using dual guns as an Fg ...the caveat (of course) is that that dual guns on a Figunner are acceptable ONLY when soloing. When in a party, the rule of thumb is: double sabers, double sabers, double sabers! (...especially when on a Teng map with an Onma boss) <3

Why?

As a Figunner, everyone else pretty much expects you to do one thing: spin in circles.

...Don't believe me? I dare you to pick up a set of twin handguns party. Go on, try it...

*ducks*

Yeah... Did you hear that? That was the sound of a non figunner's head asploding. *mutters* Great, now I'll need to get a mop and some loliwearl carpet/wall/ceiling Stain Remover...Honestly, it's much easier on everyone if you just put on your propeller cap, grab your laser-oar and get to work making mobs dizzy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BahnKnakyu
Feb 25, 2007, 04:42 AM
Er, I disagree. You have several good Hunter support skills. Spamming Double Sabers all day and being equipped like the unskilled player in that above image is the worst thing you can do for a party. You have guns, use them. You have traps, use them. You have access to a variety of useful knockdown and kick up skills - use those too.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 25, 2007, 09:59 AM
On 2007-02-24 13:59, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
i dont use any guns on my main character (a fighgunner) , I do use a crossbow but not to often. Still don't care for it either.

Anyways, Guns (handguns, dual guns, rifles, etc) go against my main character's beliefs, and his background story-history (sort of like Batman.)

Personally all the gun types in PSU are my *least* liked weps in PSU. I'm "meh" to nearly all guns in PSU.

Now if PSU had "Gun-Kata" style PA's from the movie "Equilibrium" then I'd really would actually like using dual guns.

I happen to really like Double Sabers.. I hope to one day find the boards to make and finally have a Ragan Ragnac and a Carriguin Rucar...
I Love how their normal hit w/ the 3-hit combo can hit all of a big enemy's target points.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-02-24 14:05 ]</font>

I kinda felt the same way about Shiro Ryuu when I made him a Fighgunner, except that his main weapons are Twin Sabers and not Double Sabers. Shiro Ryuu is not really a gun user, he's a master of Nitouryuu/Niten Ichi Ryuu which is a two handed style. I still don't see how Sega would do that, giving gun users exclusive access to S rank Twin Sabers/Musashis when in PSO, Rangers are the only class that can't use ANY weapon of that type, I mean, even Forces can use G-Assasin's Sabers, but not Rangers. All the other Twin Sabers in PSO were Hunter only.

But anyway, I switched my female newman former Guntecher into a Fighgunner and yeah, she uses Guns. She uses twin pistols and machine guns.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-02-25 07:01 ]</font>

Mio
Feb 25, 2007, 11:49 AM
Being Fighunner my "alternative job" ( since my main is fortegunner ) i play it differently, like a gunner with support melee when needed!! I usually use my mechguns and bring out my Doublesabers or Tiwin Sword on the right time.

Micro
Feb 25, 2007, 12:11 PM
70/10 Fighgunner here and i absolutely love my dualies, all elements to 20 except for shock (17 at the moment). Don't ignore the xbow either, even though we only get level 20 bullets it's still very useful at 11-20.

XDeviousX
Feb 25, 2007, 04:02 PM
Twin dark owns everything, even dark elemental creatures because the poison added does mass damage to everything. Once an enemy is poisoned you can moove to the next with little worry about if it will die or not... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Twin guns/twin dark combo makes it easy for me to solo because poison is like having a second third or forth allie with you if your twin dark is high enough, but if twin guns aren't how you play then do what you do to get by. People play differently based on whats effective/fun for them but I suggest you try twin guns since they are availible to you.

-Crokar-
Feb 25, 2007, 04:19 PM
i be a fighgunner and only carry one set of twin handguns(deathmaker) and only use them on worms and bosses. i have 2 double sabers only because ineeded another weapon on my pallete.i need to get money to buy a good buccaneer and a drumline.and come friday ill be using my claws alot more

Flwl3ssCowboy
Feb 25, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-02-24 13:07, VanHalen wrote:
You aren't the only Fighgunner that does that. Your better than others though most do this

i puk'd

bio-java
Feb 25, 2007, 04:45 PM
well i really gotta say that i love daggers over all, but i still use my sabers and my double saber, if i can put it to good use then ill use it. and i can use my crossbow or 1 hand gun just as well as a dual gun

Cort1984
Feb 25, 2007, 06:09 PM
I do like to use dual hand guns now and again myself.