PDA

View Full Version : What do I want to play? Sega, you taunt me!

RedBoxHunter
Feb 24, 2007, 11:12 PM
I really don't know exactly what I'm hoping to get out of this post. I know if I saw I post like this I would probably tell the person it's up to them to decide, but I just can't decide myself. This is also gong to be posted n the PSO general forum so I can get bias from both sides.

I can afford one more online game. ONE. I am stretching my budget as it is, so there are no exceptions. I've decided I either want to get PSU online or get a PSOBB account. The problem is I just can't decide between the two. I love certain things about each game but hate an equal amount of things about each as well. Note that I have played PSO online before, but with PSU I have never played online and am not even done with Story Mode. On the surface, PSU is more appealing. I love that Meseta is acutally WORTH something and not just a thing that accumulates in your storage. I like that you can customize your own room and invite people inside, and that you can synthesize items. I can't say I'm into the new class system all that much. In PSO classes were more multitalented, any four people wanting to play could just join up and do so. PSUs classes are more specific, it seems more like MMOs where groups need a designated healer/buffer etc. Also, I was a FOmar in PSO, and I find Technics more difficult and not as fun to utilize in PSU. PSO does not have as much depth as PSU (well maybe it got more interesting with the new features of BB). But I used to find it fun to just casually slay monster after monster keeping my eyes pealed for rares, and in PSU that activity just isn't the same. Then again I have not taken PSU online yet.

Why must you tempt and taunt me with your two addictive games, Sega?

Ether
Feb 24, 2007, 11:15 PM
Get PSU on 360

If you have to play on PC, get neither

RedBoxHunter
Feb 24, 2007, 11:16 PM
I don't own a 360, and don't intend to buy one. I play on PC, 360 bias posts will be ignored.

Ether
Feb 24, 2007, 11:20 PM
Its not bias, its simply the way things are. PSU PC has been broken by cheating, and the games population shows it. There are no longer enough people to fill even one server at peak hours. In a few more months there will probably be no one left

PSO BB was nearly completely empty half a year ago, it's probably even quieter now

If I had to pick one, on PC, i'd go with an alternative PSO BB server

Eliash
Feb 24, 2007, 11:23 PM
It really depends on you, like you said.

PSO has more rares.
PSO levels are bigger.
PSO is more solo friendly.

PSU is more group based.
PSU synthesis allows for more rare rares, kinda like the hit %'s in PSO.
PSU has a semi-economy (depending on which version you play it may be different).

In the end it's up to you, just note that PSU is just getting started and PSO may not be updated much in the future. In that respect you may find that PSU will contain much more new content than PSO since you have already tried it before. Just IMO.

kazuma56
Feb 25, 2007, 12:26 AM
I also want to add that if you don't like waiting for select people to be on and work around there time to take pictures of your experience/character(s) in PSU then go PC, PSUX doesn't have a snapshot function and I believe some room options are still alittle broken.

Lman90245
Feb 25, 2007, 12:30 AM
On 2007-02-24 21:26, kazuma56 wrote:
I also want to add that if you don't like waiting for select people to be on and work around there time to take pictures of your experience/character(s) in PSU then go PC, PSUX doesn't have a snapshot function and I believe some room options are still alittle broken.

Who needs pics when you've got a 360 camera anyway ;p

seriously though both version have advantages and disadvantages...

and yeah some of the room options are irritating, when you view your logs and such the game just up and freezes ><

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lman90245 on 2007-02-24 21:32 ]</font>

February
Feb 25, 2007, 12:34 AM
The PC version is perfectly fine.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 25, 2007, 01:07 AM
I've been playing PSU since release, went back to play old PSO the other day, I couldn't stand it. Way too slow, and not nearly as fun, at least for me. I say, go PSU and never look back. As much as I loved PSO back in the day, I can't say I could ever go back to it.

THE JACKEL

Mio
Feb 25, 2007, 01:11 AM
Yesterday PC server 2 was full despite what ether say, imagine how it will be after the next content patch

VanHalen
Feb 25, 2007, 01:16 AM
The valentine's day event had so many ppl on I didnt know are servers had that many ppl there was 2 stars on like every server. 5 stars universe 2 ( i hope they return in March)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-02-24 22:17 ]</font>

desolant11
Feb 25, 2007, 01:36 AM
On 2007-02-24 20:20, Ether wrote:
Its not bias, its simply the way things are. PSU PC has been broken by cheating, and the games population shows it. There are no longer enough people to fill even one server at peak hours. In a few more months there will probably be no one left

PSO BB was nearly completely empty half a year ago, it's probably even quieter now

oh gawd did someone forget to tell you, "currently" you can't cheat? and the games not broken, but i hear alot people with 360 saying their game is broken, sometimes in half by their 360 and also it seems to burn the 360 up alittle bit. 360 is junk, its a xbox one with a slightly better graphics card and high def hook ups. it's a joke. total garbage.
when halo comes out...say halo to a single full universe just like us.

foamcup
Feb 25, 2007, 03:41 AM
Get PSU on PC. If you know someone with it, borrow their disc for the install, there is no copy protection. Then just sign up an account and away you go!

Don't listen to Ether, I don't think anyone else does.

Kimil
Feb 25, 2007, 03:46 AM

I don't think so..., The Population is increasing right now. Don't be so damn pestimistic. I'm seeing old faces coming back all the time now, and I've meet lots of new meat.

Callous
Feb 25, 2007, 08:40 AM
Since one of your main points about PSU is that you like how meseta are actually worth something, do NOT get the PC/PS2 version. Meseta are worth nothing there because of duped money. I consider that a good thing, but I don't think you will.

Go with PSU 360 or BB on an alternative server.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2007-02-25 05:41 ]</font>

Kelevra
Feb 25, 2007, 09:49 AM
PSOBB than in 10 months get PSU. Right now you will just pay the full price for half of the game, if you go with PSU. Because sega is a bunch of butt lovers that will sell you a game and lock most of the content, rather than actually produce new content.

Serephim
Feb 25, 2007, 11:51 AM
people arnt realizing that PSU is only a few months old. Its not going to have as many rares as PSOBB right now, because PSOBB is like PSO's 5th commercial version.

Bottom Line, purchace PC/PS2 PSU subscription. If you want to play PSOBB, theres a little something i like to call COUGHCOUGHPrIvAtESeRvErCOUGHHACKWHEEZe..

....Wooh.. im sorry.

CrabRangoon
Feb 25, 2007, 12:31 PM
I'm pretty sure there is no contest between the OP choosing between PC and 360, so that subject can be dropped. From the sound of it, they already own PSU & PSOBB on PC, and are simply on the issue of whether they should pay-to-play BB or PSU.

I'd vote PSU. I really wouldn't expect the official SEGA servers of Blue Burst to be lively enough to satisfy you, and it'd be a waste to pay up front, log in, and find a small crowd to play with, rather than the possibility of having hundreds of people on a handfull of servers. I dont have experience with exactly how many people are on the official BB servers, or on the PC/PS2 PSU servers right now either, but I can assume...

On 2007-02-24 22:36, desolant11 wrote:

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/smilies/new/trout2.gif
thats me slapping you with a fish for your stupid comment XD

Neith
Feb 25, 2007, 01:03 PM
I haven't seen PC PSU's Universe 2 full for weeks now, how anyone can say it's improving is beyond me. Sure, some of the S-Ranks have gone, but there's still a pathetically small community for a game that's only been out here since October.

Edit: If you're gonna go on Blue Burst, there's no sense playing official either. Most of the time there's less than 30 people online. But, you can't talk about private servers here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-02-25 10:04 ]</font>

PALRAPPYS
Feb 25, 2007, 05:27 PM
On 2007-02-24 22:36, desolant11 wrote:

oh gawd did someone forget to tell you, "currently" you can't cheat? and the games not broken, but i hear alot people with 360 saying their game is broken, sometimes in half by their 360 and also it seems to burn the 360 up alittle bit. 360 is junk, its a xbox one with a slightly better graphics card and high def hook ups. it's a joke. total garbage.

I don't mean to be rude, neither do I enjoy it, but when Gears of War came out, that's how it was. After a month or two, people came back.

-_-

Trust me, Halo 3 will last longer than Gears of War, but PSU will catch back up... unless Sega totally stops updating PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PALRAPPYS on 2007-02-25 14:27 ]</font>

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 05:32 PM
yeah a mass majority of my friends that hav Gears now either dont or barely play it anymore.

most moved on to Rainbow Six

im sure PSU shall shine!

GreenArcher
Feb 25, 2007, 07:58 PM
Yes, get with PSU. You can always download PSOBB FOR FREE and then get on a private server FOR FREE if you ever feel the desire to switch back. I thought I did, played BB for a week, been back on PSU since.

Pentence
Feb 25, 2007, 10:12 PM
I dont like these debats as they break down into platform wars anyhow however i do want to help so here goes.

Ok thanks to things like WoWBC being released people are migrating to it includeing the hackers they are now atempting to hack WoW.So ironicaly this added to the fact that SEGA now has developed a decent way to keep hacking down and events are occuring people are returning to PSU.Also we ARE geting a expansion pack within a years time this is now offical.This pack will likely be a good thing to take into account.

Now as for the OPs own preferences,meseta is worth a damn on PSU even on PC.Also there is a large enough comunity on at all times on PC to find a party,it is only a ghost town on other universes.So finding people to play with isnt hard thusly no need to solo,i know you said ya didnt like that much but at least ya wont be stuck soloing inpossable things.Lastly the advanced classes do help withy the soloing thing.Im a warteching beast i can solo just about anything i want.I also know there are other types that can solo decently as well so while yes the first 3 types are less multitalented the advanced help to aleviate that.

Now if ya still want to go PSOBB find a nice private server thats my advice its an awsome game and well worth the trouble.