PDA

View Full Version : Would a single element force work?

Zorafim
Feb 25, 2007, 02:23 AM
Let's say, for some stupid reason such as somebody thinking fire is pretty or what have you, some idiot decides he wants to use a single element as a force (this would be me). This person would have all the buffs and maybe the debuffs, as well has resta and reverser and anything else a support force would have, but the only source of damage comes from a single element. How poorly would this force fare against one that has every element ready, or whatever the normal force has?

Retehi
Feb 25, 2007, 02:26 AM
Hell all I saw was Diga only forces for a bit, not even support buffs.

Sadly, it worked for them. *shrug*

Ether
Feb 25, 2007, 02:33 AM
If you want to suck, go right ahead. If you want to suck less, at least use fire and earth spells, so you don't get stuck casting foie on fire element enemies

Edit: Fire is probably the worst element to go "pure" in because most enemies in the game are fire

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2007-02-24 23:34 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Feb 25, 2007, 02:33 AM
You would be pretty poor against others if you were to go mainly fire base. I would say you could probably go Earth elemental since it has more kick into the damage + extra little help such as causing flenches and etc if you used Diga and DamDiga... But you can try mainly Dambarta since it has a very high chance for some reason to freeze enemies and has a good radius at lvl 21+.

It's possible to go single elemented but you would eventually get bored of it XD. Good luck though!~

FluxGryphon
Feb 25, 2007, 03:55 AM
I'm always amazed at how much damage foie does to normal fire-type monsters. Naturally, I imagine Diga would do more damage (yay elem bonus), but if you only want to buy/have room for fire techs, at least they do damage.

But I would recommend listening to the people that have ForteTechers and stuff. :3 Or just arm yourself with at least two elem types that preferably aren't antagonistic to each other (e.g., fire and ice).

Tycho
Feb 25, 2007, 05:25 AM
Assuming you could still negate your weapons' elements by putting Resta on them as well, in a worst-case scenario you're going to do 95% of the regular amount of damage. Not to mention burn is quite awesome, and the difference in damage between the Diga and Foie series will even out in the end -- I think it should work quite well actually. Earth and Dark series would be plausible candidates as well, since their different Techs use different status effects.

Ether
Feb 25, 2007, 05:39 AM
On 2007-02-25 02:25, Tycho wrote:
in a worst-case scenario you're going to do 95% of the regular amount of damage

This is a very very misleading thing to say, I'm not really sure where you're getting 95% from

In practice, using the wrong element vs the correct one will double/halve your damage

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1057/techs1ns2.jpg

Rafoie level 28 vs Rabarta 26, cast from the same rod (thus making it neutral) on fire element enemies

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9526/rabartaan0.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/3842/rafoieyi1.jpg

Rabarta already has a huge lead, and could be pushed even further ahead if I used a 12% ice rod, but that would just be overkill http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 11:00 AM
i hav my spells arranged by rods:

all ice on one, all fire on another, all earth on aonther, then a healing on (all light)

and a comentera and lidra for dark and lighting

if thats what u mean....

Burton
Feb 25, 2007, 11:04 AM
im not a force but all u really need from a fortefighters point of view is Diga, foie, dambarta, resta, reverser, buffs, and debuffs. leave the rest to us http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Neith
Feb 25, 2007, 11:08 AM
I've seen Forces purely Diga spam, and completely ignore support. They fail, but they get EXP, heh.

But no, I seriously wouldn't suggest using one element- you get caught out when you get same-element mobs against you.

Sexy_Raine
Feb 25, 2007, 12:00 PM
Don't be stuck on using one. It will not help you for some of harder S missions, believe me. All foie techs wouldn't be good , a lot of enemies are fire. I only use foie on fire element enemies like Tengohgs or Gol Dolvas just for the burn 4 status effect(if there's no ranger), other than that I use the opposite element.

The Diga series could get you through most missions, but it won't get you through everything.

Mio
Feb 25, 2007, 12:04 PM
Unfortunately you better focus on 2 elements at last, even tough I would level all the elements

Scion
Feb 25, 2007, 01:45 PM
Well, I mean, it's like Chris Rock has said, "You can drive with your feet, but that don't mean it's a good fucking idea." xD.

I personally wouldn't do it (actually, I'd rather not do it now because that would mean me having to restart a new character, lol). But if you want, you can, I mean, who am I to stop you, right? You just better know what the hell you're doing is all I gotta say, =P. Most people won't care if you do the two most essential things forces are needed for: Healing and (De)buffing. As long as you do that, I don't think anyone will notice that you're not switching up your elements (well, if you're doing Bruce, then I think people would start noticing) to the correct enemy.

The only thing you're going to have trouble on is doing something by yourself. So, if you REALLY think you have to, I would focus on ice if I were you. Why? Cuz 1). In every planet there's a handful of missions containing fire monsters (save for Holy Grounds, Grove of Fanatics, Desert Goliath, etc.), and 2). Dambarta =P. Although, that's a tech I don't even use that much anymore...it's still good though.

I kinda like this idea only cuz it reminds me of Chrono Trigger, xD.

ThEoRy
Feb 25, 2007, 02:03 PM
the short answer is, no.

Zarbolord
Feb 25, 2007, 02:08 PM
I say do what you thin is right for you to do, altho you will get bored in the end when all the techs u have will be lvled, u'll be forced to do the others at some point. But its a fascinating idea to go uni elemental, I propose only dark type, as nothing resists that XD

Zorafim
Feb 25, 2007, 02:29 PM
Actually, I just gave fire as a random example. I'm not planning on going force any time soon, since my main is a cast and I'm not planning on remaking my character. However, if I were to become a force, I'd do what I'm doing now and only use ice/light elements simply for visual stimulus. I simply wanted to know if it was taboo to be limited to one element.

Things would be easier if I could use light for offense... Ah, Grants, where art though?