PDA

View Full Version : New Issue Whine about "Sega is so schemeing"

Kelevra
Feb 25, 2007, 10:02 AM
Herdsmanofyrr brought an important point to a recent topic about the hacked meseta. Thats that we need to move on and bitch about something new. Personally my issue is how sega is bending us all over a table.

I personally dont care if my ingame money is valueless. But Sega is taking my real life money and being a total ass about it.

Heres something new to complain about. Sega binding our nuts by selling us 50 dollar game, having us pay 13 dollars a month so that we can wait for the content we origionally paid for with the 50 dollars. SOOOOOO essentially lets say if they were to wait a year to release all the content on the disk.....I will have paid 156... pluse 50..... 206 dollars for the game...... what the fuck is that. SEGA STOP BEING SCHEMEING LAZY BITCHES AND DEVELOP NEW CONTENT INSTEAD OF HIDING OLD CONTENT!!!

WTF? Can I get a pitchfork and torch parade please?

HerdsmanOfYrr
Feb 25, 2007, 10:27 AM
I would just like to say that 1}I was asking for something more intellegent to discuss not less. and 2}the has been a lot of new content brought out. Im sorry if you are to stupid to recognize it but it is there. such as A PLANET, 8+new missions, and a story mode.

XCOPY
Feb 25, 2007, 01:08 PM
Was a new planet added? I haven't been on in quite a few days(as you can see in the mygamercard sig thing. *edit--the PSU logo appears first now only because I "accidentally" loaded it up when putting it back in the system while it was on.) I hope you're not talking about Moatoob from wayyy back on the 1st or 2nd update, because you must be joking if that's what you're referring to as "new content".

I'd agree with the general point here. We bought the game, and now pay an extra monthly fee for content that was already purchased. Imagine a new album by whoever your favorite singer/group....but only 9 out of 22 tracks are accessible right off, but it still costs regular price. You then have to pay an extra fee every once in awhile for the rest of the tracks on the disc you ALREADY BOUGHT, until you eventually have the whole album, even though you already have it. It's amazing(and hilarious) how this scheme has been reasonably successful....and I'm sad to say I fell for it as well, simply due to the old Phantasy Star addiction. The only thing keeping me there is the online story though, as my friend I usually play with....he hasn't been on since 2/10/07.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-02-25 10:14 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Feb 25, 2007, 01:11 PM
lmao
This made me laugh so hard.
Stop bitching about everyu little thing you did. YOU are the ones paying for the game. You didnt have to. Sega didnt say you needed to. But you did. Now you are whining beecause they arent doing the things you want.
Christ i hate people like this

Sinue_v2
Feb 25, 2007, 03:45 PM
The nature of the beast, unfortunately, is that Sega (or rather Sonic Team) cannot add any really new content to the game simply because the game was designed first and foremost as a Playstation 2 title - and it lacks a harddrive. To update the game, would mean that they would have to release expansion disks with the content added. So in that sence, would you rather pay $50 every year and a half for a new expansion (remember, since you can't "install" a PS2 game - all information both old and new would have to stay on the disk.) as well as a monthly fee?

I don't agree with the "unlock" policy that much either... and I would have much rather have seen them deliver us a complete game with perhaps only 10 or 15% content locked away - rather than giving us a demo release and then unlocking from there. I also don't consider $10 a month (USD anyhow) a fair price for the online fee considering the lack of security, and the fact that they are not really adding anything new. But then again... this is a much better effort than they made with Ep I & II of PSO and that game charged 8.99 monthly.

Solstis
Feb 25, 2007, 07:18 PM
Ep I & II was cheaper (39 usd?). I'm still really ticked off that I wasted $69 bucks or so on this game. I did not get $69 of enjoyment out of the game, but have some small consolation in the awful games that I have purchased in the past. I usually read reviews in order to save money, but I got wrapped up in the PSU fever and didn't care. Mistake.

But, seriously, if I purchased a table, and when pulling it out of the packaging, noticed that 2 legs were missing, I might be a bit pissed, regardless of the store's insisting that the other two legs would be relased over time. I mean, I could get cement blocks to hold it all together, but I'd rather have a whole product.

Actually, the reason why I didn't return the game is because I was hoping that things would improve. Problem is, I'm not a power leveler, so I never planned on reaching the level cap (which I did not), and subsequently was annoyed by the fact that almost all the new content released was geared towards elite players.

ST did not annoy me by not releasing high-level content, but by making the new content high level. Why is shifta so expensive? It's like ST took a page from Maple Story and made people grind as a combat oriented class to become a support.

Also, it is obvious to me that people like DikyyRay either 1: Didn't buy PSU with their own money or 2: Did not buy PSU with money that would have gone to something non-video game oriented (like, omg, clothes or food). I cannot go home every weekend, and thus, have to buy my own stuffs. ST didn't force me to buy PSU, but they sure didn't make me keep on paying for it. As a disclaimer, I do agree with Sinue and admit that PSO was just as frustrating back on XBOX and DC.

By the way, I don't have to adapt to ST's standards. Nintendo released a new strap due to people's frustrations with the wiimote. If I went to my local grocery store and asked them to give me 1.5 pounds of beef instead of the 2.5 in the package, they would. Cussstommmmerrr service!

Ugh, my grammar sucks right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2007-02-25 16:22 ]</font>

trypticon
Feb 26, 2007, 03:59 AM
On 2007-02-25 16:18, Solstis wrote:
Ep I & II was cheaper (39 usd?). I'm still really ticked off that I wasted $69 bucks or so on this game. I did not get $69 of enjoyment out of the game, but have some small consolation in the awful games that I have purchased in the past. I usually read reviews in order to save money, but I got wrapped up in the PSU fever and didn't care. Mistake.

But, seriously, if I purchased a table, and when pulling it out of the packaging, noticed that 2 legs were missing, I might be a bit pissed, regardless of the store's insisting that the other two legs would be relased over time. I mean, I could get cement blocks to hold it all together, but I'd rather have a whole product.

Actually, the reason why I didn't return the game is because I was hoping that things would improve. Problem is, I'm not a power leveler, so I never planned on reaching the level cap (which I did not), and subsequently was annoyed by the fact that almost all the new content released was geared towards elite players.

ST did not annoy me by not releasing high-level content, but by making the new content high level. Why is shifta so expensive? It's like ST took a page from Maple Story and made people grind as a combat oriented class to become a support.

Also, it is obvious to me that people like DikyyRay either 1: Didn't buy PSU with their own money or 2: Did not buy PSU with money that would have gone to something non-video game oriented (like, omg, clothes or food). I cannot go home every weekend, and thus, have to buy my own stuffs. ST didn't force me to buy PSU, but they sure didn't make me keep on paying for it. As a disclaimer, I do agree with Sinue and admit that PSO was just as frustrating back on XBOX and DC.

By the way, I don't have to adapt to ST's standards. Nintendo released a new strap due to people's frustrations with the wiimote. If I went to my local grocery store and asked them to give me 1.5 pounds of beef instead of the 2.5 in the package, they would. Cussstommmmerrr service!

Ugh, my grammar sucks right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2007-02-25 16:22 ]</font>

BAM!
Excellent post, my friend. I have to agree with what you've written. It's something a number of forum goers here and elsewhere have gone over many times since PSU's release. While I have nothing new to add, I support your outlook of the situation, and your reply. It is well stated.

hollowtip
Feb 26, 2007, 02:41 PM
On 2007-02-25 12:45, Sinue_v2 wrote:
The nature of the beast, unfortunately, is that Sega (or rather Sonic Team) cannot add any really new content to the game simply because the game was designed first and foremost as a Playstation 2 title - and it lacks a harddrive.

Technically, the PS2 was released with a Hard Drive, it just wasn't well received, and I think Sonic Team uses that as an excuse to save money and developmental resources.

I left PSU awhile ago partly because of how the content structure was organized. I never saw anything that was substantial enough to warrant me keeping my subscription.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2007-02-26 11:42 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Feb 26, 2007, 04:13 PM
Technically, the PS2 harddrive was a moderate success in Japan - yet failed everywhere else. The only way to obtain one was through the purchase of FFXI and nothing substancial released either in EU or NA supported it. However it was popular among pirates who loaded it up with burnt games and loaded them directly from the drive. (Which was, imo, a great idea on the legit angle of having your whole library at your fingertips without the need to keep track of disks or get up off your ass to change games) Though since this software often used 3rd party drives with much greater capacity (and for a much lower price I might add) Sony decided to leave the HDD expansion bay out of the new model "PStwo". Since that is now the de-facto standard Playstation 2 model - there's really no point in releasing ANY game with Harddrive compatability.

So yes - the Playstation 2 lacks a harddrive... because the HDD is no longer sold, almost completely unsupported by other games, and is completely incompatable with current retail Playstation 2's.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 26, 2007, 05:22 PM
On 2007-02-25 07:02, Kelevra wrote:
Herdsmanofyrr brought an important point to a recent topic about the hacked meseta. Thats that we need to move on and bitch about something new.

The subject you have brought up is nothing new, nor is it an intelligent complaint.

You are not paying a monthly fee for additional content. The monthly fee you are paying is for access to Sega's servers for this game. Given that most MMO's cost $15 a month +, we're getting a deal, here.
Your initial $50 did not pay for the game client. Your initial $50 paid for the full-length offline game that is Phantasy Star Universe. That full-length ARPG just happened to include an MMO client as a bonus to the package.
All of the game's content has been available since Day 1. It's not Sega's fault that you've failed to satisfy your curiosity in Extra mode. You could've been running around on Moatoob and in the Hive just as soon as you could've gotten to those areas in Story Mode.

For the love of cheese and rice, I wish people would stop complaining and just get on with the business of enjoying this game. I'm getting rather irritated with the unnecessarily high level of whining going on around here. It is a game, people. If you don't like it, then go play something else. If you do like it, then stop complaining about it. It's not that complicated.

XCOPY
Feb 26, 2007, 08:38 PM
Well, just to nitpick(because it's fun).....not all of the content was accessible from day 1; there's those online-only weapons, the grenade launcher and axe....and there's all the cool clothes. Extra is stuck with the beginning crap and the ultra "ghey" Innocent pants and clothes set. Oh, and the rare monsters as well...they don't exist offline.

The ranting/complaining comes from the disappointment factor. It's a natural thing. You'd want to voice your opinion every now and then if something was shaping up to be such a great thing....and then you realize it failed to meet all kinds of expectations. PSU fell way short of how great it could've been, and that's a damn shame. Also, it's a message board....the whole point is to discuss things. So of course there's going to be complaints as well as praise on any game's forum. It would be a dead forum if everyone just shut up, regardless of whether they loved or hated the game....and a dead forum is obviously no fun.

On another note....I'm morbidly curious as to just how much of the community has left/quit due to the recent update fiasco being the last straw....I'd love to see some real numbers and comparisons regarding that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XCOPY on 2007-02-26 17:39 ]</font>

DraginHikari
Feb 27, 2007, 01:58 AM
Debats and complaining is one thing, but it has become such a constant thing that those who don't care for it are becoming excessively annoyed by it.

Solstis
Feb 27, 2007, 02:07 AM
On 2007-02-26 22:58, DraginHikari wrote:
Debats and complaining is one thing, but it has become such a constant thing that those who don't care for it are becoming excessively annoyed by it.

The only reason I bother complaining anymore is pretty much because of all the name slinging done by some pro-PSUers. The whole "shut-up and game" thing is ridiculous. "Vote or die?" Yeah, okay anti-fascist fascist. Anyway, when's the last time that I got to write a post that long?

I really only hear of this "PSU" in Rants, and I hardly ever visit the PSU forums, because, well, I quit the game two months ago. I lurk Rants mostly just to annoy people. Yeah, there's a higher-road and all that, but the Fellowship of the Ring didn't get past Caradhas, did they?

SuperRygar
Feb 27, 2007, 11:10 AM
wyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~~~ i read one post and i cant go on, what a bunch of babies...