PDA

View Full Version : New Ambition of Illuminus information

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

EspioKaos
Feb 25, 2007, 10:30 AM
Ever since PSU was released in Japan last August and that teaser image (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/secret/) with the title Ambition of Illuminus was revealed, a fair amount of speculation has been going around on exactly what this was. Many wrote it off as what's currently being released online as PSU Ep.2 despite evidence stating otherwise. For example, at the bottom of the image, it says the following:

hatsubaihi mitei
kakaku mitei

Translation:

date of sale undecided
price undecided

Despite pointing this out to some, it was still written off as nothing. Now, I've got even more evidence proving that Ambition of Illuminus is more than Ep.2. (It almost seems that this may turn out to be Ep.3.)

According to a couple of articles recently posted at Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/), pulling their information from an interview in the 02.23 issue of Famitsu Connect!On, development of Ambition of Illuminus is wrapping up. The expansion is expected to go on sale this year, but an actual date is still in the air. Also, a network wide trial is being planned to do some "final brushing up" on the game. Other in-game improvements are to be expected as feedback and ideas are gathered from the user base. (One specific detail mentioned is the possibility of more functional partner cards.) In the interview, it was asked if costumes and weapons from PSO would make their way into PSU. SEGA's response... "we would like to." It was also asked if extras such as PSO's battle mode and lobby soccer would make a return. SEGA responded by saying that they are looking into the introduction of new modes of play that will differ from what PSO had to offer. One last thing; it was asked if the cap on how many Photon Arts you could know at once (36) would be increased. It turns out that there are no plans to increase this limit, the reason being that a process of "trial and error" as far as what PAs you would have your character learn are considered "essential to type selection."

Hopefully some more info on this will come up soon. I'll keep you guys updated as I find out more.

EDIT: Spelling. "Illuminus," not "Illumines."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-02-25 07:47 ]</font>

Rizen
Feb 25, 2007, 10:33 AM
Swwwweeeeetttt. Cant wait for it. I hope it adds more options for offline.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 25, 2007, 10:35 AM
nice, sounds pretty interesting.

Solo_Wing
Feb 25, 2007, 10:39 AM
mmm thanks for the info http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

natewifi
Feb 25, 2007, 11:05 AM
Expect the unexpected, dont get your hopes up I mean, this is old yuh know. (im not trying to down the whole thing im just saying, so there wont be any bitching going on afterwards, if this doesnt happen)

Dhylec
Feb 25, 2007, 11:06 AM
Well, it's unclear now, but anything to improve the game is fine with me.

EspioKaos
Feb 25, 2007, 11:08 AM
On 2007-02-25 08:05, natewifi wrote:
Expect the unexpected, dont get your hopes up I mean, this is old yuh know.

No. Considering this information was just published in a magazine two days ago, this is, in fact, new.

natewifi
Feb 25, 2007, 11:18 AM
On 2007-02-25 08:08, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2007-02-25 08:05, natewifi wrote:
Expect the unexpected, dont get your hopes up I mean, this is old yuh know.

No. Considering this information was just published in a magazine two days ago, this is, in fact, new.

No. I'm talking about the Illuminas thing which came out in August 2006. :/

EspioKaos
Feb 25, 2007, 11:28 AM
On 2007-02-25 08:18, natewifi wrote:

Read the first sentence of my initial post. I stated that it's been known about since last August.

Serephim
Feb 25, 2007, 11:41 AM
This is what i was waiting for.

This proves my theroy that the current PSU we have now wont alone stand up to PSOBB/ Ep.1 & 2.

I half expected them to do what they did with PSO, and simply later on release whole version upgrades that would add in the large mass of content, quests, weapons, photon arts and clothing we wanted, as well as more stages even.

Hopefully Sonic Team uses their success with PSO and carry it over to PSU. We need MORE weapons than PSO had, more Units, armors, and rare key items that PSO had, we need more stages and variety than PSO had (the S-rank mobs are completely different, correct? now change the stages), and we need a Battle Mode.

But really, all i want them to really change is the MUSIC.

Compared to Ep 1&2, the music on this game sucks hard. They even got rid of the calm/rough fade-ins when your battling or walking.

Really, PSU was fun the entire time i was playing, but the music kind of was one of the things that tainted the experience a bit. The main reason i enjoyed Ep.2 PSO over Ep.1 is because the MUSIC was 10x better. Hopefully they do this with PSU, and HOPEFULLY add in the Fade-in/outs again.

AC9breaker
Feb 25, 2007, 11:46 AM
New modes, PVP PERHAPS!? Highly doubt it but... Its a dream!

Seira7
Feb 25, 2007, 11:54 AM
Wow, I totally agree about the music.
People say, turn it off and listen to your own if you dont like it, but music it what creates part of a games ambience. I find that I "miss" PSO, and go back to playing again and again,because of the atmosphere. I ask people why they keep playing RO even after tiring of the gameplay, and they respond "the music" ... so, music is important.
I ususally turn off PSU music and thats not a good thing at all.

Thats really cool they may include PSO weapons/clothing in the expansion. I hope to god they add more cast colors. *cough* *metallic pink, pale blue, lavender to name a few* The primary colors and the military/drab colors (ie maroon, olive green) are great for guys, but I am a chick.
And I would love to see a side game of sorts like the soccer game, perhaps with rewards if you win?

Anyhow thanks for info, not sure when we will actually see an expansion, but its something to look forward too =)

edit: a type of PVP would be cool, but only if it is not dependent on your game equipment. That would drive people to grind more instead of giving them a break from regular gameplay. Something like challenge mode I would welcome with open arms though^-^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seira7 on 2007-02-25 09:00 ]</font>

Mio
Feb 25, 2007, 12:00 PM
If they release the PSO clothes i'm going back to my newearl just to wear FOnewearl full black dress...

natewifi
Feb 25, 2007, 12:29 PM
On 2007-02-25 08:28, EspioKaos wrote:

Read the first sentence of my initial post. I stated that it's been known about since last August.

Either way, old or new thats not my point. My point is dont get your hopes up, jeez.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-02-25 09:35 ]</font>

DavidNel
Feb 25, 2007, 12:33 PM
I'm hoping for three things:

- A battle mode. Fighting random baddies are fun, but I want to fight some other people!

- More weapons. Come on! I would really like to see some more rares... That was the best part of PSO, seeing a red box in the middle of a quest (even though it was usually just a varista...)

- The old tecno-style rooms. I miss all the bright colors of PSO. I know there are a few levels already that are machine related, but I want some bright anoying colors! Think caves and mines from the old days. I don't know why I liked that so much, but hey, whatever works!

natewifi
Feb 25, 2007, 12:46 PM
I agree on everything sed about:

1.The music

2.The clothes

3.P v P (its in my mood!)

4.More weapons! (all the PSO weapons if possible!!!)

5.More black lights!!! (techno style rooms)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-02-25 09:48 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Feb 25, 2007, 12:50 PM
Here's a little bit more info from Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/070130a.html). This comes from an interview with SEGA's consumer relations department manager, Hiroshi Miyazaki. (This was published in the 01.30 issue of Famitsu Xbox 360.)

Q: Will SEGA continue to develop software for the Xbox 360 throughout 2007?

A: We would like to. Ambition of Illuminus isn't all we have planned.

vfloresjr24
Feb 25, 2007, 12:52 PM
*Drools at the thought of the expansion pack*

Shinzakura
Feb 25, 2007, 01:01 PM
On 2007-02-25 09:33, DavidNel wrote:
- The old tecno-style rooms. I miss all the bright colors of PSO.

Waitaminit...wasn't one of the major complaints about PSU that "its 2 brite" unlike PSO which "rox bcuz its dark!" o_O Okayyyy...

One thing that I hope they do fix:
Language support, so that m
y text boxes do not end up
looking like this on a regula
r basis.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shinzakura on 2007-02-25 10:01 ]</font>

XDeviousX
Feb 25, 2007, 01:10 PM
On 2007-02-25 09:29, natewifi wrote:

On 2007-02-25 08:28, EspioKaos wrote:

Either way, old or new thats not my point. My point is dont get your hopes up, jeez.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-02-25 09:35 ]</font>

The older the better!!! That means they have spent more time working on ideas and adding in extras!!!!!!!!!!!

drakkula
Feb 25, 2007, 01:22 PM
lvl200 n class lvl 20 coming up......

MaximusLight
Feb 25, 2007, 01:56 PM
Well I've actually been looking into possible thing that are going to be released in the future and here is what I came up with:

4th generation Photon Arts: this video show a saber Photon Art that isn't released yet and isn't part of any of the current PA's. (put the video to 00:25 and watch and you'll see it)

(note: this video also shows another saber combo piece, but no indication of another PA altogether or another part of the combo)

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/MaxamisLight/PSU/?action=view&current=phantasystar_051205_01_wmvlow.flv

Also Directly from the Sega Offical Website I present proof of another Level of combat types altogether that I'm calling the Master Type

(note: this isn't some all powerful class that does EVERYTHING, I call it master because of having S-ranks in all Malee weapons and therefore a "master" of hand-to-hand combat, which still gives the game some balance)

http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/6460/3964/1600/959654/A4.jpg

I'm working trying to clear up the image of as much blur as possible so there can be a translation of it's name.

Skye-Fox713
Feb 25, 2007, 01:58 PM
I hope that this expansion pack will expand the content in the offline Extra mode for the clothing and weapons department, because some of the cloths that are online only right now look very sweet but it's a bummer because their availible online only.

this just worries me because I can remeber that for PSO ep 1&2, 90% of the weapons were avalible both on and offline. The only one that weren't availible offline were specal event weapons (witch is resonable) and the combo weapons that you had to combine with an item from the gallions shop (I think that's right) where you had to buy a item using the photon drops. Like the Frozen Shooter, you needed a photon enhancer (or somthing like that) from the gallions shop online so you could upgrade it to the Frozen Queen.

I'm just worried that this expansion pack won't upgrade the offline Extra mode part of the game, and it will only focus on the online portion. And if that is the case Sega will be really taking away from the dedicated fans who can't play online for any reason, and I am one of those unfortunate people who can't get online for both future money situations and parental figures.

Well I guess that what I'm getting at is that I'm worried that Sega might forget about the dedicated fans that can only play the Offline Extra mode only and are having this expansion pack for the Online mode content only.

Zorafim
Feb 25, 2007, 02:39 PM
Ah, this is good news to me. But I wonder, will this disk expand what we currently have, or replace it? In other words, will it be like PSOv.2 where we have to buy a new game and start over from lv1 to get all the cool stuff? Or will it be like, say, FFXI where buying a new expansion pack adds new things to the game without any cost?

Neith
Feb 25, 2007, 02:48 PM
I don't care about any of that, except PSO-style clothing.

Yeah, I should just play PSO again. >_>

Randomness
Feb 25, 2007, 03:18 PM
Its been known about for a while, but you still had people saying it was "just the name for the online story missions".

And of course, this proves all the morons who said SEGA can't add anything wrong.

foamcup
Feb 25, 2007, 03:36 PM
On 2007-02-25 11:39, Zorafim wrote:
Ah, this is good news to me. But I wonder, will this disk expand what we currently have, or replace it? In other words, will it be like PSOv.2 where we have to buy a new game and start over from lv1 to get all the cool stuff? Or will it be like, say, FFXI where buying a new expansion pack adds new things to the game without any cost?

There was no start over on V2, you just loaded up your character in the new game. Noob. O_o

Now it's a race against time. How many people will be left on the servers by the time this gets here to North America?

Sekani
Feb 25, 2007, 03:37 PM
On 2007-02-25 12:18, Randomness wrote:
Its been known about for a while, but you still had people saying it was "just the name for the online story missions".

And of course, this proves all the morons who said SEGA can't add anything wrong.

Yeah, I guess I'll shut up now.

Though I swear I will throw my PSU disc out the nearest fourth-story window if they add any kind of PvP.

DraginHikari
Feb 25, 2007, 03:45 PM
This is a good sign that hopefully Sega is far from finished with PSU

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 03:45 PM
Agreed. PvP would ruin this game terribly.

Nothing but arguments everywhere.
#1 new used phrase: "Wow you suck. I'd kill you in PvP if it came out."

this game is way too unbalenced right now to have that (Rangers would run it, because of rifles)

BLACKR0SE
Feb 25, 2007, 03:55 PM
You guys are fool.Give me officail word and a legit translation and I'll be a beleiver.

Sinaku
Feb 25, 2007, 03:59 PM
wow...is anyone else actually looking into MaximusLight's post....look at the video, he's rite, I have a male beast and I have yet 2 see that PA, I kno its not Rising Crush or the other dual saber PA, and im pretty sure its not the ultimate dual saber PA...and that picture, wow, i hope thats not done on paint or something like that...can n e one translate it?

Sinaku
Feb 25, 2007, 04:00 PM
Hey Blackrose...the picture is from Sega's official site and it says "release date: undecided, Price :undecided..."

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 25, 2007, 04:03 PM
Nice. maybe ep 2 will go offline and even get character actor voicing.

Zorafim
Feb 25, 2007, 04:03 PM
On 2007-02-25 12:36, foamcup wrote:

On 2007-02-25 11:39, Zorafim wrote:

There was no start over on V2, you just loaded up your character in the new game. Noob. O_o

Now it's a race against time. How many people will be left on the servers by the time this gets here to North America?

Um, I meant like the change from V.2 to Gamecube. Or, um, the change from gamecube to BB. Yeah, that's it.

There was really no character reset from V.1 to V.2?

natewifi
Feb 25, 2007, 04:04 PM
If there is gonig to be one, will we be able to still use our characters from before?

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 04:07 PM
i sure hope so, or ill just stop now and wait http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

our characters are saved on the harddrive, so im sure we wont lose anything.

either way, this'll be LONG from now

Ether
Feb 25, 2007, 04:13 PM
Anyone wanna bet this doesn't come out in America for PC and PS2?

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 25, 2007, 04:15 PM
it will. MS will command it.

Golto
Feb 25, 2007, 04:19 PM
Anyone else thinks its too soon for an expansion? They don't even have a good amount of the content online available yet.

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 04:23 PM
well, im sure its still undergoing bugs/glitches, and various other things.

its unknown when its gonna be releasd, could be 2marrow, could be 2 years.

Timeshift was suppost to come out before christmas, see how well thats going http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

February
Feb 25, 2007, 04:30 PM
On 2007-02-25 13:13, Ether wrote:

It probably will, just with better advertising.

PALRAPPYS
Feb 25, 2007, 04:43 PM
I don't like how that Master Class looks...

Really, they're screwing Fortetechers. We already get all S's in all Force type weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

I say they should make X rank weapons, and then up A to S, and S to X. Sounds better to me IMO.

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Feb 25, 2007, 04:44 PM
lol every pso vet should have saw this comming along time ago.After looking at all the content on the disc(which wasn't alot) I knew for sure this was gonna hapen.That's why when I got banned for the 3rd time I was like fuck it, I'll w8 for ver 2(the real game with crazy ass weapons)

MaximusLight
Feb 25, 2007, 06:03 PM
On 2007-02-25 12:59, Sinaku wrote:
wow...is anyone else actually looking into MaximusLight's post....look at the video, he's rite, I have a male beast and I have yet 2 see that PA, I kno its not Rising Crush or the other dual saber PA, and im pretty sure its not the ultimate dual saber PA...and that picture, wow, i hope thats not done on paint or something like that...can n e one translate it?

Finally! Someone is actually taking me seriously for once! Thank you! Although it looks like a single saber skill not a twin saber, but oh well, the potential that these are on the way is the important note.

DavidNel
Feb 25, 2007, 06:09 PM
Haha, I don't think PSU is to bright!

But I think you understood what I ment incorrenctly, or I explaned it badly. What I mean is, more of the levels that are machine oriented. This is a game set in the future, so I would like to see some more robot worlds. More levels like the ones on the Colony is what I guess I'm trying to say, but with different enemies and different backgrounds, as the black and purple gets old (they could change it up with the light blue of the old mines levels.)

omegapirate2k
Feb 25, 2007, 06:22 PM
Well, I can't wait for the expansion, and really, for all you nay sayers to PVP, its not like you LOSE anything if PVP comes out, you don't HAVE to play it XD

BLACKR0SE
Feb 25, 2007, 06:25 PM
So you guys think this coming here?Lol.....

Emrald
Feb 25, 2007, 06:26 PM
THis all sounds wierd.

are we going to have to buy this for the PC version?

DraginHikari
Feb 25, 2007, 06:29 PM
On 2007-02-25 15:25, BLACKR0SE wrote:
So you guys think this coming here?Lol.....

It's trying to keep a positive outlook on the situation really. We won't know till a later day there's no point to stating the worse case scenerio before it even happens.

As for anything off the offline portion it's quite possible. It would free up some space for the others stuff if they chose not to do another offline story mode or extra mode, but then again nothings been said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2007-02-25 15:31 ]</font>

Skye-Fox713
Feb 25, 2007, 06:29 PM
Is there any one here other than me that thinks this expansion might be just for the online portion of the game, because in the translation they make no indecation of any of the expansion pack upgrading the offline Extra mode.

Is there any one else out there think that this might be the case? speak up please!!!

BLACKR0SE
Feb 25, 2007, 06:32 PM
But if you arent sure its gonna even come here..why hype it up so early.The release is undecided.

lostinseganet
Feb 25, 2007, 06:45 PM

Pc probally PS2 will need a new disk. Procedual texures, compression or whatever, there is no way an expansion will fit on a ps2 memory card.

Randomness
Feb 25, 2007, 06:51 PM
On 2007-02-25 15:45, lostinseganet wrote:

Pc probally PS2 will need a new disk. Procedual texures, compression or whatever, there is no way an expansion will fit on a ps2 memory card.

The expansion should enable hard drive compatibility.

Genji
Feb 25, 2007, 06:54 PM
On 2007-02-25 15:26, coolcat33333 wrote:
THis all sounds wierd.

I only saw the PS2 and 360 expansions listed on Amazon JP, meaning PC users MIGHT be able to just download it.

And a quick question for any PS2 and 360 users: have you downloaded any actual updates to your memory cards?

Skye-Fox713
Feb 25, 2007, 07:00 PM
Quote: DraginHikari
-------------------------------------------------
As for anything off the offline portion it's quite possible. It would free up some space for the others stuff if they chose not to do another offline story mode or extra mode, but then again nothings been said.
-------------------------------------------------

I was refering to a content upgrade for the offline extra mode. As in upgrading the content to include many of the current online only weapons clothing ect... In the offline poritoin of the game, as many of you could recall on PSO ep 1&2 many of the weapons, armor, sheilds ect were avalibe both online and offline. The only things that wern't avalible offline were be specal event and seasonal weapons, armor, sheilds, and anything that needed a combo item from the Gallions Shop.

They should do the same with PSU so they are not shorting/jiping the offline only players

natewifi
Feb 25, 2007, 07:09 PM
How about a new mic feature too! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Carbinne
Feb 25, 2007, 07:13 PM
I find it humorous that we have not broke level 70, have all of 4 or 5 S ranks released, and SEGA finds it necessary to work on and announce an expansion for which we are to buy instead of a dramatic and exciting content release. This better fix everything that is wrong with PSU right now (not that it is a small pool of complaints).

Sinaku
Feb 25, 2007, 07:15 PM
On 2007-02-25 15:03, MaximusLight wrote:

On 2007-02-25 12:59, Sinaku wrote:

Finally! Someone is actually taking me seriously for once! Thank you! Although it looks like a single saber skill not a twin saber, but oh well, the potential that these are on the way is the important note.

Oh yeah, my bad, looks like the double saber, just watcehd the video again...but nice find...we still havent seen the ultimate Single Saber PA tho...soooooooooo, hold off on it...but then again, would the ultimate Single saber PA really be so dumb? lol

drakkula
Feb 25, 2007, 07:19 PM
i want to play psu NOW....i dont wanna spend my time on hyping an oncoming expansion......give us more lvls, missios, weapons NOW!

zandra117
Feb 25, 2007, 07:22 PM
On 2007-02-25 15:54, Genji wrote:

On 2007-02-25 15:26, coolcat33333 wrote:
THis all sounds wierd.

I only saw the PS2 and 360 expansions listed on Amazon JP, meaning PC users MIGHT be able to just download it.

And a quick question for any PS2 and 360 users: have you downloaded any actual updates to your memory cards?

Im on 360 version, I downloaded an update for PSU from xbox live a few nights ago, apparently it fixed the synthesis glitch and clothing glitch and also did some minor graphics improvements such as increasing the draw distance and improving the lighting and partical effects.

Zeota
Feb 25, 2007, 07:30 PM
Personally, I'm hoping there isn't a battle mode. The current game mechanics would be even more broken than PSO.

PJ
Feb 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
On 2007-02-25 16:30, DarkEpyon00 wrote:
Personally, I'm hoping there isn't a battle mode. The current game mechanics would be even more broken than PSO.

Think about it harder.

I'm STOKED for more info on this.

Carbinne
Feb 25, 2007, 07:34 PM
PVP Battle mode shmattle mode. It would be some frivolous waste of time that few would bother with unless there was some tangible and attractive reward for doing so. Or if they made it so that it was something that was actually, you know, FUN and not unbalanced or broken. For the most part it would only serve to spawn crap like 'omg i challenge u 2 a d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel cum fite me luser' whenever something goes wrong. At least it will get that blacklist feature some more reason to live.

McLaughlin
Feb 25, 2007, 08:30 PM
Indeed. Battle Mode in this game would simply be a place for Forces to flaunt their obvious advantage over the other classes in such a setting. Hunters would be put at a serious handicap.

DraginHikari
Feb 25, 2007, 08:31 PM
On 2007-02-25 16:13, Carbinne wrote:
I find it humorous that we have not broke level 70, have all of 4 or 5 S ranks released, and SEGA finds it necessary to work on and announce an expansion for which we are to buy instead of a dramatic and exciting content release. This better fix everything that is wrong with PSU right now (not that it is a small pool of complaints).

Considering developement of this is in JP there going by there schedule not ours. And they announced no release date, we don't know anything outside of a plan for release this year. So as far as JP considered they have their schedule for the updates planned out already and this expansion is simply going to follow that afterwards.

PALRAPPYS
Feb 25, 2007, 08:34 PM
Oh yeah, my bad, looks like the double saber, just watcehd the video again...but nice find...we still havent seen the ultimate Single Saber PA tho...soooooooooo, hold off on it...but then again, would the ultimate Single saber PA really be so dumb? lol

Actually, I bet you've seen it.

We all have!

Anybody who's been the leader in a Bruce's Dungeon run has more than likely seen it. Bruce has it.

NDkEwL
Feb 25, 2007, 08:42 PM
well, the way I see it, they have to add stuff offline as well as online as everything can be updated through patches and updates online but the offline game can't be upgraded because it can't get connected.

I am seriously wanting some S rank weapons that can "legitimately be obtained online" and some new stages that aren't repeats of the same old stages I've seen over and over again. I don't know what is with this game really that it can't hold my attention. PSO could hold my attention and it was the same 15 stages in v.1 (counting boss stages and DF's two different areas in H and VH, and eventually Ult in v.1 and v.2, though that was teh same difference) I dunno, I may just go back to FFXI like i've been planning if I don't get my Serafi stuff soon.

Genji
Feb 25, 2007, 08:55 PM
From what I've been able to gather, the update that included the story mission Desert's End was server-side. If that's the case, all the Episode 2 missions are already on the game disc, which would mean this expansion disc IS in fact new content and possibly Episode 3 like EspioKaos has said.

I'd assume SEGA would eventually release a patch to unlock the content for offline play that you can download to your memory card or PC. I see no reason why SEGA would re-release PSU with the same content and I highly doubt it'd pull a fast one on it's customers (especially the Japanese).

WrathOfMegid
Feb 25, 2007, 09:01 PM
@ Maximus:

What's the date on this video? It looks old, like before the beta testing of PSU. If you notice the PA animations, specifically the light trails, they look very different from the PA's I've seen. The trails in the video are just green light, where as the trails in the current PSU have a lot more detail.

I hate to sound like a downer, but this video might be from before PSU went public. I remember a picture on this site that shows Ethan running towards a De Ragnus on Parum with a PSO-style wand in his hand, and that weapon hasn't been heard from since, and as far as I know, De Ragnus is only a relics boss.

Plus this video doesn't show Laia or even very many of the other story characters at all, which makes me think this was made before the game was finished. This means that some of the elements in it, like that PA, could be just trials that ST stopped working on.

Boy, do I hope I'm wrong.

McLaughlin
Feb 25, 2007, 09:03 PM
I don't see it being a wise business decision to release the online content offline. There'd be no incentive to go online unless you're extremely sociable, and can somehow put up with Sega's total incompetence.

The point of an expansion is to EXPAND. People who buy the game are, in large part, doing so to play online. Sega needs to be able to entice more people to play online somehow. This cannot be accomplished by making Extra mode an easier version of the online mode.

PJ
Feb 25, 2007, 09:06 PM
On 2007-02-25 18:03, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
I don't see it being a wise business decision to release the online content offline. There'd be no incentive to go online unless you're extremely sociable, and can somehow put up with Sega's total incompetence.

The point of an expansion is to EXPAND. People who buy the game are, in large part, doing so to play online. Sega needs to be able to entice more people to play online somehow. This cannot be accomplished by making Extra mode an easier version of the online mode.

People buy PSU to play offline? Since when?

No, seriously, even if everything was offline, people would be online still anyways.

ST Incompetence = lol

soulid
Feb 25, 2007, 09:16 PM
PvP would be cool, call me dreamer but i´d like to see my partner machinery fighting in arena style environment (probably played too much pokemon...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif...)...and what about some crazy ingame games, with possibility to earn meseta in a different way to standard gameplay...would add some extra spice for me.
Anyway, they should do something to make online playing more intersting by giving it some extra diversity. But who´s listening...?

MaximusLight
Feb 25, 2007, 09:24 PM
On 2007-02-25 17:34, PALRAPPYS wrote:

Actually, I bet you've seen it.

We all have!

Anybody who's been the leader in a Bruce's Dungeon run has more than likely seen it. Bruce has it.

actually this one is completely different look at 25 second in the video and watch, Ethan does a kind of jump-slash with his saber, and it is completely different from anything online right now, even Bruce's PA

Ryo_Hayasa
Feb 25, 2007, 09:38 PM
Well if there was a Pvp system, i would think they would add various balancers. So the character that you bring in gets balanced, (if you so choose, since it would be unfair if you never could use your full-power character)

Example:

(much like PSO)
Battle Type one: No changes at all, all your stats are the same all techs are usable no restrictions.

Battle Type two: characters are balanced by level, so, if you're a level X FO your techs will be brough down to X level (selectively) to balance it out. We don't want level 30 megid deciding a battle exclusively. HUs, your attack power will either be buffed slightly and your PA's priority will be shifted. RAs. your bullet PAs won't have those high effect rates.

Battle Type Three(?): custom, don't want insta kills from dark skills. Fine, don't want Hunters to use ultimate PAs to rape you in the rear while you're setting up. Something that will give the player more control over what they want.

Oh, and i think really, the ultimate balancer is, organization and Teams, if you can have teams of players would yourself could weight the "Balancing" and "Fairness"

McLaughlin
Feb 25, 2007, 09:39 PM
On 2007-02-25 18:06, PJ wrote:

On 2007-02-25 18:03, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

People buy PSU to play offline? Since when?

No, seriously, even if everything was offline, people would be online still anyways.

ST Incompetence = lol

Where'd I say they bought it for Extra Mode?

If everything online was offline, I know I wouldn't pay to play.

Reading comprehension and critical thinking skills = lol.

Tra
Feb 25, 2007, 09:46 PM
I'd like pvp. Anybody who says pvp sucks are totally fucking blind as how pretty much me, and everybody I play with often want pvp. and from the looks of it, a lot of others in this very thread agree to pvp as well. I fucking bought PSU partly for the pvp (I saw pvp in one of the trailers) but NO it's not here. What the fuck. So I resorted to being the best other ways.

Esufer
Feb 25, 2007, 09:51 PM
On 2007-02-25 15:54, Genji wrote:

The last update (glitch fixing) for the 360 was downloaded to the hard drive under 'game updates' I believe.

I put in the disk, and it told me I needed to update it to connect to xbox live, like it does with other patches. Whether that's a patch on MS's or ST's part though, I don't know. Content seems to be server side for the most part at the moment, because we're still technically just recieving unlocks for content already stored on the disk.

PJ
Feb 25, 2007, 09:52 PM
On 2007-02-25 18:39, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Cute <3

Aww, you're such a loner you'd rather play by yourself than with other people. That's so sad. :C

McLaughlin
Feb 25, 2007, 09:56 PM
Well, you and your friends take precedence over everyone else who owns the game. By all means, oh mighty one, decide for us!

PvP WOULD BE BROKEN IN THIS GAME. It's not a matter of lowering skill levels or buffing damage. If a Force sees a Hunter, the Hunter's fucked. If a Ranger sees a Hunter, the Hunter's fucked. If a Hunter sees a Ranger or a Force, the Hunter knows he's fucked. Close range classes CANNOT kill long distance fighters when they can strafe backwards while stun locking the Hunter. ESPECIALLY with the hitbox lag in this game.

It's not going to work. If you need to win at PvP to make yourself feel good, fine. I can take pride in knowing I didn't take part in the molestation of a character who never even got the chance to fight back. I can take pride in knowing I don't need PvP to be the best.

Winning PvP is like winning the Special Olympics. So what if you won? You still fail at life.

McLaughlin
Feb 25, 2007, 09:59 PM
On 2007-02-25 18:52, PJ wrote:

On 2007-02-25 18:39, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Cute <3

Aww, you're such a loner you'd rather play by yourself than with other people. That's so sad. :C

Why would I pay for something I already have, just to sift through mountains of morons to find a semi-decent person who would eventually quit?

But hey, kudos for attacking me personally. I love it when people quote my point to prove it for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-02-25 19:19 ]</font>

Esufer
Feb 25, 2007, 10:10 PM
Don't start a console war T_T

Arika
Feb 25, 2007, 11:59 PM
Wow, this is very interesting. I hope they release in US/EU server too.... (hope they will..)

PJ
Feb 26, 2007, 12:00 AM
On 2007-02-25 19:10, Reigast wrote:
Don't start a console war T_T

I don't think we're starting a console war. I think it's a personal war.

Which will end as soon as Knight makes some friends.

ShadowDragon28
Feb 26, 2007, 03:05 AM
If this "expansion" comes out after every bit and piece of PSU has been released and ep2 storyline is in a place to lead into an Ep. 3 storyline then it should be kick ass.

I for one love the idea of classic PSO uniforms and weps being brought back. (Lavis Weps PLZ ST! lol )
If it will be at all possible to *combine* certian PSO outfits with PSU ones, the more variety there will be. And *More* accessories!

And some of PSO's hairstyles need to be brought back. ..i miss my long-hair with the part down the middle of the scalp.. With all-new accessories and hairstyles and new and Classic PSO outfits then players' characters will have far less look-a-likes IMO.

What would be so kick ass: new PM CELLS *Please* ST! If it was possible to transform LVL 100 PM into Rati, Dewari, ETC. I and *many* others would be soooo happy.
( i miss my Rati http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

Whatever ST developes for this "expansion" I can't wait, and I think it will be teh COOLNESS. And for the love of all that is holy. NO PVP! (for all the reasons already stated!)

VanHalen
Feb 26, 2007, 03:11 AM
On 2007-02-25 18:56, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Well, you and your friends take precedence over everyone else who owns the game. By all means, oh mighty one, decide for us!

PvP WOULD BE BROKEN IN THIS GAME. It's not a matter of lowering skill levels or buffing damage. If a Force sees a Hunter, the Hunter's fucked. If a Ranger sees a Hunter, the Hunter's fucked. If a Hunter sees a Ranger or a Force, the Hunter knows he's fucked. Close range classes CANNOT kill long distance fighters when they can strafe backwards while stun locking the Hunter. ESPECIALLY with the hitbox lag in this game.

It's not going to work. If you need to win at PvP to make yourself feel good, fine. I can take pride in knowing I didn't take part in the molestation of a character who never even got the chance to fight back. I can take pride in knowing I don't need PvP to be the best.

Winning PvP is like winning the Special Olympics. So what if you won? You still fail at life.

A hunter can use a gun too and I'm pretty sure a hunter can beat a ranger. I beat one in PSO and I can't beat one here. Also if the hunter runs his ass off a little bit he can beat anybody. Goes the same for any other class too.

Libram
Feb 26, 2007, 03:36 AM
Personally I'd like to hear what a Force is going to pull out to stop a Hunter from making his way over. The basic spells are easily avoidable, the RA spells take a little longer to charge and overshoot their mark if the target moves to the side, and the GI and DAM spells have a horrible start time. A Hunter can easily read what's being cast in his direction and shift position accordingly, and while the Force is either stuck in animation or trying to recover said Hunter can walk up and say "Hello! =^_^=" before owning them at close range.

Note: Until I actually see for myself how the NOS spells work in battle I won't make any kind of judgment call on them. I hear they are amazingly powerful, but I don't know how enemy attacks, interrupted casting, and other things affect the overall output.

Finalzone
Feb 26, 2007, 05:30 AM
Hmm, rather spend time to synthetise weapons especially the rare to get new one. I do think Sega should also set rules on ecomony and bring more stroies and expand PSU world since there are three planets.

I agree that cosmetic like hair should be expanded to reflect the multiculural nature on PSU (one of reason I like this game than other). More clothes and the ability to create own clothes via PM.

Have you noticed that some areas/rooms are still locked which means there will be future. I also think more jobs/mission other than official should be added as well as guardian in order to get some rares.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Finalzone on 2007-02-26 02:37 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Feb 26, 2007, 06:11 AM
Hmm... this doesn't sit right with me. There's a lot of things I don't like already, just from the preliminary information...

1. They should have the game pretty much completely unlocked before this "expansion" releases. The JP storyline missions are only up to, what, 9? According to the Perfect Bible - aren't there around 20 or 30 online story missions? There's something inherantly wrong with releasing an expansion before all of the material from the original release is available. So I hope they step up the pace.

2. Ambitions of the Illumines does seem to suggest that the Illumines are the villans of any new storyline expansion as well. I'm not really thrilled to see them as a villan, honestly. These "vauge shadow conspiracy" faceless organisations grow a bit old. The story isn't that interesting enough to really get into finding out who makes up this group (thus far) and not having an indentifyable villan kills any drive to overthrow said villan. It didn't work in PSO - so I don't see why it would work in PSU. Megashi may be a representation of this organization - but he's just a puppet on a string it seems. Worse, he's practically invincable due to being a mass-produced clone. I really hope they don't turn PSU into Dragon Ball Z in this fashion.

3. I'm still undecided as to weither or not to even switch Ep I & II versions to the X360. Somehow, I doubt that Sega would add in the option to play from a 360 on the PC/PS2 servers by signing out of Xbox Live. (Keeping the servers seperated, but allowing for people to play their PS2 characters on a more powerful console)

imfanboy
Feb 26, 2007, 06:53 AM
On 2007-02-25 18:56, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

PvP WOULD BE BROKEN IN THIS GAME.

>snip<

QUOTED FOR TRUTH - even if he didn't hit the right points. Tsk tsk.

PvP would be an exercise for the mentally defective, and only the mentally defective would enjoy it.

You want to know why? You SERIOUSLY haven't thought of why it would be bad, what with you dealing those big numbers in PA combo chains, and having fought De Ragan and the Train beasts on S?

AT MOST, fortefighters and maybe figunners have what - 2200 HP right now at 70/10? How many of those hunters can deal that much damage in a single combo?

Shit, my 54/6 cast figunner can dish that out in one or two combos of Spiral Dance, and keep the enemy stunlocked or on the ground the whole time. Who cares if you can use a mate? I'll just keep Spiral Dancing you until you run out of mates.

And armor - PAH! Armor doesn't help jack against neutral element weapons, which is what people would be bringing to the duels more likely than not, and god forbid you should decide to pull a n00b and wear a Sori-Senba or a high-element armor to a PvP match - your enemy would only thank you for giving him the extra damage points. if you want to see the effects of that, go buy an NPC Gi-senba and walk into a pack of Vandas.

The whole bloody game at the top end is geared towards killing enemies that have far more HP, DEF, and EVP than you do at the equivalent level. Even a level 50 Koltova has 5000 HP or so.

PSO wasn't set up like that. Vulmers had only like 1800 HP or so in Ultimate - heck, I think even the top cannon fodder enemy only had something like 2.5k at most.

With that kind of HP equivalency to the players, a reasonably balanced PvP mode was possible - you could calculate the same damage being dealt to the other player as you could against the monster.

BUT IT ISN'T LIKE THAT ON PSU, AND IT NEVER WILL BE.

I can just imagine how PvP would look on PSU. The double handguns would be ftw straight out - high damage plus high maneuverability plus keeping those pesky hunters at a distance plus SE2? "Yes, hunter, I'll just shock you with my lightning double handguns then freeze you with my ice double handguns. Oh? You have mates? Well, pardon me a moment while I swap to one of my other five pairs of dual handguns." The first fortefighter to start a Dus Daggas or Anka Regrada combo would win - unless, of course, you 'accidentally' block your enemy's attack and get your combo interrupted. And Noszonde would be the fortetecher's spell du jur - 3 seeking shots that have SE3 lightning AND knockup? <_<

The only way to make it balanced would be to nerf everyone's damage by 50% - or, by preference, just ignore PvP altogether. But that option DOES seems to upset the mouth-breathers who manage to get enough neurons firing to turn on their game consoles... more's the pity.

I can't imagine how you can think about PvP in a game that's OBVIOUSLY not in any way slightly balanced towards PvP. Please, stop thinking "My char iz so ausome I beat u good" and start considering just how much damage the average character dishes out then compare that to your rather paltry sum of HP.

You want to beat each other up? Go with Counterstrike or Halo or even online Dead or Alive 4.

OK, on topic: I do look forward to an expansion, though I too have my doubts as to how soon this will show up on US PS2... Oh well, such is life.

Fredrick
Feb 26, 2007, 08:56 AM
The only thing I want to see is reduced slowdown. If they could fix it, I would buy a new version for that reason alone.

Also when V2 came out, could you still play with people on V1? It seems like if they REALLY wanted to improve the game, there would be no way to connect the two. And if they could connect them, they would have to do really lame things like have your heaven punisher show up as a regular handgun to everyone on the original PSU.

Sinue_v2
Feb 26, 2007, 09:00 AM
Yes, you could play with v.1 people in v.2. Many of the harmful cheats were seen as neglagable - since v.1 weapons in ultimate mode were practically useless - which would undermine duping. v.1 people couldn't play Ultimate mode, which is where the majority of v.2 took place, meaning PK'ers and FSODers wouldn't be able to enter your v.2 games. If cheating hadn't broken out on v.2, it might have actually worked to a digree - but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Also, when upgrading to v.2 from v.1, you had a check which would remove cheated items and modified stats, so your character often wasn't able to make the transition to v.2 completely unscathed if you cheated.

Fredrick
Feb 26, 2007, 09:08 AM
I wonder how they would do teams though. Like what if they decided to do an episode 2 type thing and add completely new areas? Would they make it so PSU people couldn't join a team with an illuminus leader?

I have a feeling if they decided to connect the two games, it would be an EP III type thing. Where you can see and talk to eachother...but that's about it. Although now that I think about it, that doesn't seem right. Both versions would have to share the same server. So unless the server could hold 2x as many people, there would be a lot less teams avilable for each version

Oh and did they add new weapons in V2? If they did, how would they appear to people playing V1?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fredrick on 2007-02-26 06:12 ]</font>

Callous
Feb 26, 2007, 09:23 AM
On 2007-02-25 12:45, DraginHikari wrote:

I consider that a bad thing. It means Sonic Team won't be hard at work making a completely new and much better Phantasy Star. It means they'll be spending their time putting makeup on a retard and I'll have to wait even longer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Callous on 2007-02-26 06:33 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Feb 26, 2007, 09:28 AM
It would probably be like they had it in v.2 for the Dreamcast. v.2 players could enter Normal - Very Hard games with v.1 players - but v.1 players couldn't enter v.2 games.

As for weapons, armors, and techniques - all v.2 stuff appeared as normal 1 star items. So like a Yasminkov Handgun would appear as your basic beginner handgun. Damage would be applied as it normally does for that weapon - but effects don't show up. Armors appear as basic frames. lvl 15+ techniques appeared as regular lvl 15 techs graphically.

It wasn't until Ep I & II for the NGC which didn't link up with v.1 and v.2 that entirely new weapon categories were added - such as Katanas, Cards, ect.

Fredrick
Feb 26, 2007, 09:35 AM
Yeesh. That seems kind of sloppy.

After V2 had been out for several months, were most people playing on that version? It kind of takes the fun out of having a nice weapon if half the people you're playing with cant even see it.

Sinue_v2
Feb 26, 2007, 09:48 AM
No... most people didn't upgrade to v.2 since v.1 was free, whereas v.2 introduced the monthly fee.

As for disgust at Sonic Team working on PSU expansions rather than "new and better" PS games - as far as I'm concerned Sonic Team has already long ago burnt their bridges with me in reguards to Phantasy Star. It's my sincerest hope that they never touch another PS title for as long as they are in existance. The entire franchise would be better of being handed off to WowWorks and the series original creator Rieko Kodama and Tohru Yoshida.

Actually, it would probably best be served as a compilation project with WowWorks handling art design, music, storyline, and the frame of the game - with Sonic Team handling the actual gameplay mechanics. I don't have many qualms with that aspect - as the combat mechanics are fairly decent. They've just destoryed everything else by ripping the heart and soul of the PS series out and stuffing it full of cliche'd anime shit that isn't even good enough for a crappy Naruto filler. I dunno who they'd want to handle the online security and updates - but Sonic Team is incapable of doing it themselves, and even their attept to pass off responsibility for it (to GameGuard) = hardcore fail.

Honestly I don't care how many expansions Sonic Team puts out for PSU - so long as it's their last PS game. I simply don't trust them to make the kind of Phantasy Star that I want.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-02-26 06:52 ]</font>

Eliash
Feb 26, 2007, 09:49 AM
On 2007-02-26 06:08, Fredrick wrote:
I wonder how they would do teams though. Like what if they decided to do an episode 2 type thing and add completely new areas? Would they make it so PSU people couldn't join a team with an illuminus leader?

It would proabably be like it is currently. When a person doesn't meet the requirements to do a mission the mission won't be selectable. They would probably also make an identification between people with the expansion or just make a whole new area where you would go to play an expansion.

I have a feeling if they decided to connect the two games, it would be an EP III type thing. Where you can see and talk to eachother...but that's about it.

It is doubtful that they would not allow people to play with their friends that they made on version 1. Restrictions will be made, however, they won't completly restrict players from interacting in normal parties.

Although now that I think about it, that doesn't seem right. Both versions would have to share the same server. So unless the server could hold 2x as many people, there would be a lot less teams avilable for each version

As I said above, it's unlikly that they would restrict players of version 2 to play with version 1 players.

Oh and did they add new weapons in V2? If they did, how would they appear to people playing V1?

As stated above, they would probably use old textures and animations already in Version 1 for Version 2 weapons. Whether or not they use basic models or rare models is up to them, however, it would make more sense for them to use basic models or a generic rare model as they wouldn't want people to confuse the common rare weapon for a uber rare weapon.

None of this is 'official' as they haven't even announced the expansion here yet, however, just an educated guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-02-26 06:53 ]</font>

Esufer
Feb 26, 2007, 09:50 AM
...wait... Version 2 had a fee? I never saw that. It seemed pretty free to me.

Sinue_v2
Feb 26, 2007, 09:54 AM
v.2 was free in Europe due to the fact that it had been delayed nearly a year past the US launch. The Japaneese and NA versions both had a fee of around $5 a month. (though you often payed less since you payed in yen, and conversion rates fluctuated - but you never payed more than $5)

Vicious1080
Feb 26, 2007, 10:06 AM
Release Blueburst in english for the new platforms with PSU graphics, and never touch the PS series again Sega.

DraginHikari
Feb 26, 2007, 10:38 AM
On 2007-02-26 06:23, Callous wrote:

On 2007-02-25 12:45, DraginHikari wrote:

I consider that a bad thing. It means Sonic Team won't be hard at work making a completely new and much better Phantasy Star. It means they'll be spending their time putting makeup on a retard and I'll have to wait even longer.

I understand your point but really do you expect a better RPG from the creators of something like this as you put 'putting makeup on a retard'? I just tend to take things as they are. Really to Sonic Team, Phantasy Star is just another franchise to make money off of. Much like Sonic is. I haven't heard many good things about any of Sonic Teams games in recent years.

I enjoy the online aspect for what it is, but personally I wasn't expecting a full extenstive rpg with a thrilling storyline with this game. And honsetly alot of people that I knew that played PSO didn't believe it would be either.

As many people in this thread have already stated, I don't think the epics that PS was in the past is coming back anytime soon.

On 2007-02-26 07:06, Vicious1080 wrote:
Release Blueburst in english for the new platforms with PSU graphics, and never touch the PS series again Sega.

Eh, unlikely. Other then BB in JP Sega seems to have no desire to drag PSO out any further then they fell like.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2007-02-26 07:39 ]</font>

Sekani
Feb 26, 2007, 10:42 AM
I find it humorous that everyone just wants this expansion to be a remake of PSO.

Let the past stay in the past.

Axel3792
Feb 26, 2007, 10:47 AM
On 2007-02-25 10:56, MaximusLight wrote:

Also Directly from the Sega Offical Website I present proof of another Level of combat types altogether that I'm calling the Master Type

(note: this isn't some all powerful class that does EVERYTHING, I call it master because of having S-ranks in all Malee weapons and therefore a "master" of hand-to-hand combat, which still gives the game some balance)

I'm working trying to clear up the image of as much blur as possible so there can be a translation of it's name.

This is either Photoshopped, or the best thing to hit yet...

Aki03
Feb 26, 2007, 10:53 AM
Sometimes when I m playing PSU I want to return to Ragol. The first time I was saw the ending of the story-mode, I shut down my 360 and played PSO offline. I hope so much, that some things return to PSU. Clothing, Weapons (Last Survivor, Chain Sawd, Red Weapons...), Areas (especially Seaside, Seabed, Ruins and Control Tower), Battle Mode, Creatures (Dark Creatures... just a dream... Delsaber for example) and the really great music (Tricktrack, Rough Wave, Jungle and so on). I miss all these things!!! I hope SEGA (or Sonic Team) will improve PSU more and more.
PSU is a part of PSO and they have enough time to improve it.

But... why I cant heal as a Fighgunner??? In PSO Techniques was also usable for Humans and Newmans and now everyone can use it??? THIS is unbalanced! Casts got their SUV-Weapons, Beasts have Nanoblasts but Humans and Newmans got nothing. No Photon Blast and no Techniques!? In Story-Mode its more balanced than in Online-Mode. I hope they will fix this... .

PS: Maybe, SEGA would release a sequel like "Phantasy Star Universe Ep. III - Return to Ragol" LOL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aki03 on 2007-02-26 08:15 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Feb 26, 2007, 10:58 AM
Nah. They'd probably make a PSU - The Card fighting Game, or something like that. (Yes, I enjoyed PSO Episode 3, but I can definitely tell that it was purely made for a different audience than what made up most of the Ep1 and Ep2 players.)

Esufer
Feb 26, 2007, 11:05 AM
On 2007-02-26 07:47, Axel3792 wrote:

Or it's extra mode?

Neith
Feb 26, 2007, 11:07 AM
On 2007-02-26 07:42, Sekani wrote:
I find it humorous that everyone just wants this expansion to be a remake of PSO.

Surely that tells you that a lot of people aren't as happy with PSU as we thought?

Don't get me wrong, PSU is a good game, but had a very weak story, which I only ended up completing so I could mess around in Extra Mode.

To a lot of people, PSU is nothing but a bastardization of the PS series, as we've seen, PSU has actually insulted fans of the original series.

By saying 'Let the past stay in past', you confer the thought that all old games should be buried and not played, simply because there's a newer, 'better' version out.

As I've said before, let's see where PSU (in whatever incarnation) is in 2010, 2011 or 2012, and whether it can be an iconic game for 5-6 years like PSO was- hell, even for 20 years if you count the original series.

omegapirate2k
Feb 26, 2007, 11:11 AM
Not extra mode, hunters have access to mechguns, pistols, twin pistols, rifles and shotguns in offline mode, and none of those are allowed to be up to A rank.

http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Types

Aki03
Feb 26, 2007, 11:22 AM
But... why I cant heal as a Fighgunner??? In PSO, Techniques was also usable for Humans and Newmans (race-depended) and now everyone can use it (depends on the class)??? THIS is unbalanced! Casts got their SUV-Weapons, Beasts have Nanoblasts but Humans and Newmans got nothing. No Photon Blast and no Techniques!? In Story-Mode its more balanced than in Online-Mode. I hope they will fix this... .

natewifi
Feb 26, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-02-25 12:45, Rashiid wrote:

this game is way too unbalenced right now to have that (Rangers would run it, because of rifles)

Rashiid you dumbass, stop being so damn selfish. If anyone wants to kill you in P v P ignore them and put them on your b-list, have common sence. This isnt PSU and everyone wants it but you 2 idiots. Stop bitching. You must suck then, if your that worried aout P v P.

-Ryuki-
Feb 26, 2007, 03:17 PM
People want PvP. Bring us PvP.

New Clothes would rock.

Newer planets, would rock. With the amount of planets we have, and barely about three different different areas per, it's not THAT much when you think about it.

Lobby games? Yes please.

Better community? Depends on how this expansion that I've anticipated, turns out.

Rizen
Feb 26, 2007, 03:20 PM
Just so you know for the peps that are arguging, the picture that Max posted is an old one, back when word that new classes would be available in the future in JP servers (the current expert classes).

So no, its not anything to do with the Expansion and no its not photoshop'd.

-Ryuki-
Feb 26, 2007, 03:27 PM
Rizen's face is photoshopped. He took it from another player that ran by him one day =/

Kidding, kidding! XD;;

Esufer
Feb 26, 2007, 03:56 PM
Instead of PVP, why not something that'd actually already be in the game? Floader racing anyone? Tank deathmatches? So what if they suck, it's variety!

A2K
Feb 26, 2007, 04:22 PM
On 2007-02-26 08:07, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Surely that tells you that a lot of people aren't as happy with PSU as we thought?

Don't get me wrong, PSU is a good game, but had a very weak story, which I only ended up completing so I could mess around in Extra Mode.

To a lot of people, PSU is nothing but a bastardization of the PS series, as we've seen, PSU has actually insulted fans of the original series.

By saying 'Let the past stay in past', you confer the thought that all old games should be buried and not played, simply because there's a newer, 'better' version out.

As I've said before, let's see where PSU (in whatever incarnation) is in 2010, 2011 or 2012, and whether it can be an iconic game for 5-6 years like PSO was- hell, even for 20 years if you count the original series.

Whether or not this is exactly the same scenario or not is in the air, of course, but I remember precisely the same things and the same summary dismissals (weak story, insulting, etc.) by fans of the originals in regards to PSO.

Of course, since it carries the Phantasy Star name a comparison is unavoidable and perhaps even necessary--but one has to wonder how much of those perceptions are skewed by the rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia.

Randomness
Feb 26, 2007, 04:24 PM
On 2007-02-26 08:22, Aki03 wrote:
But... why I cant heal as a Fighgunner??? In PSO, Techniques was also usable for Humans and Newmans (race-depended) and now everyone can use it (depends on the class)??? THIS is unbalanced! Casts got their SUV-Weapons, Beasts have Nanoblasts but Humans and Newmans got nothing. No Photon Blast and no Techniques!? In Story-Mode its more balanced than in Online-Mode. I hope they will fix this... .

Newman/Human specials would be nice, though, who'd use the creas then?

XDeviousX
Feb 26, 2007, 04:32 PM

Are you serious? Humans and newmans get special weapons and a lot of them!!! Not to mention a cast force is just silly... Plus Newmans own at using techs, most players will never reach the 2,000 damage platue in a single hit like newman forces can!!! Not to mention it makes sense to have the types set as classes and not race dependent. PSU is more balanced then pso and I hate when forces complain.

McLaughlin
Feb 26, 2007, 04:37 PM
On 2007-02-26 13:24, Randomness wrote:

Newman/Human specials would be nice, though, who'd use the creas then?

Newmans get Summons and the Relic Gun. We've been over this already.

I forget what Humans get, but they get it at level 40.

Seira7
Feb 26, 2007, 05:36 PM
On 2007-02-26 08:42, natewifi wrote:

On 2007-02-25 12:45, Rashiid wrote:

Rashiid you dumbass, stop being so damn selfish. If anyone wants to kill you in P v P ignore them and put them on your b-list, have common sence. This isnt PSU and everyone wants it but you 2 idiots. Stop bitching. You must suck then, if your that worried aout P v P.

See, PVP isnt even confirmed yet and the "OMFGBBQ d00d you suck if you cant handle PVP" attitudes are already forming. Like I said, I prefer a challenge type mode that is based on teamwork and skill, and not what equipment you had. That was unique to PSO, I miss it. But if this is the way people are going to act if PVP is implemented, please no. Let them go gank people in WOW or something if they need to stroke thier lil e peen.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 26, 2007, 06:16 PM

I'm sorry, but this is about the stupidest thing ever. The classes of PSO were broken beyond belief, practically any of them could solo with little difficulty. PSU does it right, by limiting what you can do, it adds depth to the system and forces you to play with other people if you actually want to get anywhere.

A few other things:

1. PvP is stupid, and I hope PSU never sees it.
2. For the 34985735485743th fucking time, there are no racial specials for humans or newmans. No summons (how the fuck would that work anyway?), no anything. To make up for this, humans and newmans have higher stat totals than beasts and casts.

McLaughlin
Feb 26, 2007, 06:26 PM
The Summons/Relic Gun thing was a joke. I was mocking people who thought such things were fact.

Forgot my </sarcasm> tag.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 26, 2007, 06:28 PM
Ok, good. I find it useful to denote sarcasm with all caps/stupid spelling mistakes/!!!1!!11111one!, but to each his own.

Turambar
Feb 26, 2007, 06:28 PM
Heres a question. Exactly why would PvP suck? No, I'm not talking about how melee jobs would get the short end of the stick, and how it would be broken, etc. I don't expect the mechanics of it to be balanced either. I'm asking how it would really effect YOU (as in those complaining) personally in a sucktacular way. Would you be forced to play it? Would you be forced to interact with people that challenge you to it with no way of black-listing them? Or is it a completely avoidable feature, just like much of the population on Uni2.

Ether
Feb 26, 2007, 06:33 PM
On 2007-02-26 15:16, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
I'm sorry, but this is about the stupidest thing ever. The classes of PSO were broken beyond belief, practically any of them could solo with little difficulty. PSU does it right, by limiting what you can do, it adds depth to the system and forces you to play with other people if you actually want to get anywhere.

How is a game that allows nearly everyone to solo more broken that a game that allows only a few classes to solo?

Jinto117
Feb 26, 2007, 06:37 PM
On 2007-02-26 15:33, Ether wrote:

On 2007-02-26 15:16, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

How is a game that allows nearly everyone to solo more broken that a game that allows only a few classes to solo?

I agree. As a male human fortefighter it's a pain not being able to solo. It's not like my buddies are always on. And I wish they would just give humans and newmans special moves. Their stats aren't that much higher, and when it comes to something like Bruce, you need those nano blasts and SUV's.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinto117 on 2007-02-26 15:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinto117 on 2007-02-26 15:38 ]</font>

XDeviousX
Feb 26, 2007, 06:59 PM
YOUR NOT MEANT TO SOLO!!! the game is built for everyone to do their job! To many people play every class like a hunter and get mad when they can't solo... Anyways, if you really want to you can solo any mission with any class if you want to spend the time/money. If you want to solo play offline, this is an online role-playing game meant to have people defeat missions a a community. Do Guardian missions if you have to be online without other player-characters...

Aki03
Feb 26, 2007, 07:01 PM
It makes no sense, when CASTs can using Techniques. They are robots with (sorry) no mental strengh, so why they can uses staffs, wands and so on? They got their SUVs, isnt that enough? I mean, CASTs and BEASTs are cool, but where is the advantage of a human or a newman? Ok, higher stats are nice but I want my Photon Blast back! When I in a party with my buddies, I m the only one who fights with a human, all others are Beasts. When I walking in the raffon base, I meet only Beasts and (rare) Casts. But no Humans oder Newmans... . Why? One Word: Nanoblast! It was more balanced, when Humans and Newmans got their own special moves or a the only races who can use special skills (Tornado-Dance for example). That was a reason to play as a Human or a Newman... .

XDeviousX
Feb 26, 2007, 07:19 PM
On 2007-02-26 16:01, Aki03 wrote:
It makes no sense, when CASTs can using Techniques. They are robots with (sorry) no mental strengh, so why they can uses staffs, wands and so on? They got their SUVs, isnt that enough? I mean, CASTs and BEASTs are cool, but where is the advantage of a human or a newman? Ok, higher stats are nice but I want my Photon Blast back! When I in a party with my buddies, I m the only one who fights with a human, all others are Beasts. When I walking in the raffon base, I meet only Beasts and (rare) Casts. But no Humans oder Newmans... . Why? One Word: Nanoblast! It was more balanced, when Humans and Newmans got their own special moves or a the only races who can use special skills (Tornado-Dance for example). That was a reason to play as a Human or a Newman... .

Newmans and humans get special weapons, not all of them are even close to being out yet, but you'll get them, and as far as a cast using techs, it's like a newman using a saber. SUV weapons also don't equal a newman force hitting for close to 2k with a single burst, not to mention the best evade in the game for stats. Nano blasts are not the end all be all and neither are SUVs. I'd trade a nano blast for a crea saber for my beast as mu gravity strike would own all enemies... If you want to nano blast play a beast! If you want a SUV weapon get a cast, but a Newmans Tech mastery is always on and not every other block for 1 minute!!! Quit griping, if you are complaining about your forcce maybe you didn't spend the time to lvl them right...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-02-26 16:20 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 26, 2007, 07:22 PM
PSU isn't PSO. If you want to play PSO, go play PSO, nobody is stopping you.

Sychosis
Feb 26, 2007, 07:26 PM
On 2007-02-26 08:07, UrikoBB3 wrote:

On 2007-02-26 07:42, Sekani wrote:

No, they are a vocal minority. People LOVE to complain about something they dislike, but don't share are the same enthusiasm when they find something they like.

Human nature and all that jazz.

Rizen
Feb 26, 2007, 07:30 PM
PSO is PSO, indeed it is. PSO had great concepts, indeed it did. PSU is a "sequel" of PSO, indeed it is. Rappies have returned in PSU, indeed they have. PSO replica weapons have been added to the game, indeed they have.

Why not bring back or borrow a few elements of PSO into PSU? I mean, PSU is sequel. Many other games did it (Im not saying which games because it would just erupt in a flamewars) and were very successful.

Btw, welcome back troll! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2007-02-26 16:31 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 26, 2007, 07:36 PM
PSU borrows enough from PSO as it is.

I bought PSU to play PSU, not PSO Episode 5.

McLaughlin
Feb 26, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-02-26 16:36, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
PSU borrows enough from PSO as it is.

I bought PSU to play PSU, not PSO Episode 5.

Bingo.

And PSU is by no means a sequel. It shares the brand name. That's it. It's like saying FFXII is a sequal to FFX. Two different, unrelated games.

RadiantLegend
Feb 26, 2007, 07:41 PM
Only thing i want is for ps2 to be able to take snapshot. -_-

Rizen
Feb 26, 2007, 07:42 PM
So you expected a totally new game with a totally different play style, totally new weapon, and total system with a Phantasy Star label smacked on it?

I think you bought the wrong game then. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 26, 2007, 07:45 PM
Roflmao, no.

The play style is almost exactly the same, with only a few minor tweaks. The weapons, for the most part, are very similar. The "total system" is, for the most part, also the same. This is what I expected. This is what I got. Apparently you wanted PSO Ep. 5, so it appears to be you who bought the wrong game.

Rizen
Feb 26, 2007, 08:02 PM
Riiiight. I think you seriosuly need to step up your argument (more detail) because right now its just rather...well not worth my time. I'm not the one complaining about "OMFG! I dont like what they did! This is PSO EP5."

Just so you know, they were going to call this Phantasy Star Online 2, but chose to name it Universe. The reason for the change in the name is to hint at a change in story, seperating it the other parts.
Take the first few parts of Phantasy Star series, they were all rather similar in a way keeping key points in story the same. Then take the PSO series, they were all similar...well, the same story. PSU is the new version Phantasy Star series making its own story line.

Sega really wanted to add a driving story into Phantasy Star series, and made PSU to set out on that goal. Were Sega trying to make a totally different game? No, they were trying to improve on the old and throw in a story to make it more understandable.

So Mr. Troll, when you give me a better arguement or more detail post on why its the same, I wont bother to respond to you anymore. Good day sir.

Emrald
Feb 26, 2007, 08:18 PM
Ladies ladies....Let's not agure

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 26, 2007, 08:30 PM
lolk, this an utter waste of my time. I can't even tell what your point is.

My point is that this isn't PSO, despite the similarities, so all the people going OMFG Y CAN CASTZ USE TEH TECHZ??!1?! or OMGWTF WHAR R MAH BROKEN AND WAY OVERPOWERED FUTON BLAESTZ???? (and other such stupid things) need to stfu.

Dhylec
Feb 26, 2007, 08:39 PM
People, please keep it cool, or keep it out.

Rizen
Feb 26, 2007, 08:42 PM
One thing I hope that this expansion does is give female character players a better wardrobe. People have been saying that female characters were lacking in the wardrobe department and I have kinda noticed it myself. I mean, males aren't so bad, but females are really lacking in the variety in things they are able to wear (longer clothes, dress, robes, skirts, shoes, etc). Personally, I wouldnt know too much from experience, but maybe someone can words this a bit better than I can.

McLaughlin
Feb 26, 2007, 09:46 PM
No, Cast Males are lacking. Everything makes us look like Robotron or some humanoid but still robotic monstrosity.

What Casts REALLY need however, is the ability to change their face type. I'm tired of looking like Megatron. It'd be cool if fleshies were allowed to grow/shave facial hair too.

February
Feb 26, 2007, 09:50 PM
On 2007-02-26 17:42, Rizen wrote:
One thing I hope that this expansion does is give female character players a better wardrobe. People have been saying that female characters were lacking in the wardrobe department and I have kinda noticed it myself. I mean, males aren't so bad, but females are really lacking in the variety in things they are able to wear (longer clothes, dress, robes, skirts, shoes, etc). Personally, I wouldnt know too much from experience, but maybe someone can words this a bit better than I can.

I would LOVE longer skirts and dresses. A Knee length dress (Maybe a little shorter would be ok) based on the phanis tunic would look awesome.I also want the ability to choose which Tights I can wear with what shorts. Mixing/matching would be great.

Sychosis
Feb 26, 2007, 09:51 PM
On 2007-02-26 18:50, February wrote:

I would LOVE longer skirts and dresses. A Knee length dress (Maybe a little shorter would be ok) based on the phanis tunic would look awesome.I also want the ability to choose which Tights I can wear with what shorts. Mixing/matching would be great.

>_>
<_<

Is it strange that I agree?

Rizen
Feb 26, 2007, 09:53 PM
For the fact that I have met you and talked with you...yes.

AND FEB! YOU ARE FINALLY...FEB! XD *just noticed the name change*

Sychosis
Feb 26, 2007, 09:55 PM
I-I...just don't want to look like a space tramp...

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Skye-Fox713
Feb 26, 2007, 11:05 PM
somebody posted earlyer that they need to adjust it so that the 360 and the PS2 can take screen shots.

This would be a nice feature to add in the expansion pack for the Console players so they don't have to rely on the PC players to take screen shots for them.

Ryo_Hayasa
Feb 27, 2007, 12:45 AM
On 2007-02-26 18:51, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-02-26 18:50, February wrote:

>_>
<_<

Is it strange that I agree?

Strange no?

Is it strange that I agree with you?

Kinda...
>.>
<.<

Aki03
Feb 27, 2007, 12:47 AM
Yes, that would be great. I can make screenshots with my PC (Xbox 360 and TV-Card) but the quality is too bad (see my signature). A screenshot-mode for console-players would be very very cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (like FFXI).

LordJoe
Feb 27, 2007, 01:35 AM
Hope this will bring more players http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 27, 2007, 07:46 AM
EDIT: as a matter of fact, I think its pretty good as it is. Although they could help by making Female Newman Hunters AT LEAST stronger than Male Beast Rangers ATP-wise. Other than that, if a Newman does go Hunter, it'll still have pretty good HP and DFP, and it'll still be knocking mobs around. I just kinda wish that there are more good blades that only Newmans and/or Humans can use that Beasts and CASTs can't. In exchange, I thought it would be neat to make Force weapons that only CASTs can all. If you guys DON'T think that Newmans should get anything new, then do us a favor and PLEASE DON'T CRITICIZE US IF WE PICK NON-FORTETECHER NEWMANS!! thats all I can ask for. I don't mind Fortetecher Newmans, but some people just want pointy ears and blades in one character, thats all we ask for. Same with my main who is a human, I don't want to get criticized just because I make him only good at one thing, which is using swords.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-02-27 07:35 ]</font>

sugarfox
Feb 27, 2007, 12:48 PM
(also left as coment)

"Improved user interface functionality" You say. It's about time!
Whoever designed the current one needs to be shot!
Possibly the worst in game OS I've ever seen.
Sending a message takes about 4 clicks back and forth. (Clearly unacceptable)
The solution to fix a PM feeding bug was to remove you from that menu all together. (Pathetic)
And wouldn't it be nice to have a real effort made to get the communications system
Working smoothly for those of us with cordless keyboards? (I found this a problem in psobb to)
I'd like not to have to think about such things whilst I'm engaged in game play. The fact that I do tells me quite a bit about the development people at sonic team. I think the term is OUT OF TOUCH!

I wait with little expectation of any really outstanding changes to the interface; And new game play modes, all thow interesting and doubtless enjoyable will mean little if I still have to fumble around in the dark when it comes to changing photo arts, sending messages, locating friends ect.

PS .I used to love the sound in pso and psobb to. Back in the day I would leave my dream cast on with the title music playing in the background and fall asleep to it. I have the title music as a ring tone. If you find yourself longing for those tranquile tones as I do go here....
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sega/dreamcast/pso.mid
Right click and save as somewere on your desk top.
Then simply drag the file somewere on your phone and set as ring tone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sugarfox on 2007-02-27 09:50 ]</font>

-Rune-
Feb 27, 2007, 01:49 PM
Why is everyone complaining so much here? o_O I thought this was to discuss the new expansion of PSU. ANYwho you guys praise Beasts and Casts a little too much. You make it seem like they have Nanoblast all through the game. Casts have SUV's which last 7 seconds, and there's a good chance we miss on S anyway <.<;

I don't even use my SUV, i truthfully think I do fine just swinging my weapons unless it's a boss. Complaining about things you already knew about, and then you choose to anyway is about as useful as fork at a soup shop. Stop complaining so much and just make yourself better.

OMG I can't use nanoblasts.. then use traps... omg I can't use traps.. then use magic... OMG i can't use magic... then use your brain. Everything in this game is not about the most damage, now it's more of staying alive and helping that beast in nanoblast who can't heal btw with a star atomizer *sp?*.

Anywho yea can't wait for this expansion whenever it is, just because I want it to grab more people attention to play this game.

Class Dismissed xD *thanks if anyone actually read all this* <3

landi7man7
Feb 27, 2007, 03:59 PM
well if they were to add pvp or "battle mode" back in i would hope that forces with medig or an attack like grants would not be overpowered... but i hope the offline multiplayer will be released XD... got a few friends that wanna play the game... without paying a fee... lol

ayrista
Feb 27, 2007, 04:36 PM
yeah, i totally forgot what this thread was about, the first two pages are the only ones worth reading.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 27, 2007, 05:13 PM
ok, lets get back on topic and start talking about whats really important. I'm hoping for a long hair style for males with BANGS, a better pallete for hair color to make it brighter, and maybe a pallete to adjust the length of the hairstyle. also, beards for young looking faces, new clothes, more samurai-esque clothes for males, and of course NEW WEAPON TYPES, most specifically for my case, Katanas with their own attack animations. For females, maybe longer hairstyles, I mean, Maya has really long hair, why can't our females have hair that long? even guys should have hair that long too. for clothes, I think it would also be cool to have a pallete to adjsut the color of the clothes.

-Rune-
Feb 27, 2007, 05:43 PM
The hair length thing really would be cute to add. I'd actually wish they'd use that tenant wanted area differently. They should make that a shop for head accessories, and keep hair totally diffrent. I'm sure there are a lot of hairstyle you wish had sunglasses or the eye patch by it self, or even the heart glasses with a fro. That would make ALOT of people happy :3

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 27, 2007, 07:10 PM
oh yeah, head accessories. they should be a separate item instead of attacked to whatever hairstyle you have.

Kaydin
Feb 27, 2007, 07:14 PM
There had better be some sort of PvP. >.>

@Shiroryuu: I've never had a head accessory attack me before. Perhaps you mean attached? XD

The hair length thing was my idea.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 27, 2007, 07:18 PM
yeah, I meant attached, lol, typo. well, I thought I could bring some humor into this argumentive thread.

Jeremiah
Feb 27, 2007, 07:55 PM
Personally, The main thing I want is some method to bare handed spell casting. It may seem shallow, but I don't find using magic as compelling when it looks like an odd looking stick is causing all the mayhem than my character themselves.

I think they should allow techer(obviously not forte) variants to use rods as well. Doing the things the classes like, Guntecher is just too much of a chore when you must juggle so many wands. Better yet, I wish they'd allow a freer way of equipping spells. How exactly that would be done, I'll admit, I'm not sure but it would be a god send to me.

But I digress. As mush as this has me interested in the game again, I have a feeling it will take ages for this to come over to the shores. Maybe even awhile for Japan considering there seems to still be alot of content unavailable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jeremiah on 2007-02-27 17:00 ]</font>

Callous
Feb 27, 2007, 08:12 PM
On 2007-02-27 09:48, sugarfox wrote:
PS .I used to love the sound in pso and psobb to. Back in the day I would leave my dream cast on with the title music playing in the background and fall asleep to it. I have the title music as a ring tone. If you find yourself longing for those tranquile tones as I do go here....

I think I'm in love. I've done the same thing so many times. Not fallen asleep to it, but just left it on while reading or whatever.

Seriously though, thanks for that one. It doesn't sound at all as good as a ripped wav of the soundtrack, but it sure will save space on my phone.

ShadowDragon28
Feb 27, 2007, 08:30 PM
Hiro wants more majiiku katana.

And less "Misutaa Rindaaman"....
>_< *teleports away*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-02-27 17:36 ]</font>

MaximusLight
Feb 27, 2007, 08:43 PM
On 2007-02-26 08:05, Reigast wrote:

On 2007-02-26 07:47, Axel3792 wrote:

Or it's extra mode?

It's from the offical blog you fool! Sga themselves has it on there site go look!

Here's the offical link man!
http://www.psusega.blogspot.com/
Sheeze you people should try to lighten up a bit I wouldn't say it without something hard to back it up. >_>;

natewifi
Feb 27, 2007, 10:47 PM
Newmans are actually going to have summons?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-02-27 19:47 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Feb 27, 2007, 11:01 PM
On 2007-02-27 19:47, natewifi wrote:
Newmans are actually going to have summons?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-02-27 19:47 ]</font>

No. But thanks for reading.

A2K
Feb 28, 2007, 08:33 AM
On 2007-02-27 17:43, MaximusLight wrote:
It's from the offical blog you fool! Sga themselves has it on there site go look!

Here's the offical link man!
http://www.psusega.blogspot.com/
Sheeze you people should try to lighten up a bit I wouldn't say it without something hard to back it up. >_>;

I think the image in question (the right third in particular) is just a... "beta" version of Fortefighter. They were probably still doing adjustments on the expert types when they took this picture, long before they were actually finalized and released.

While we're on the subject... these just appeared on the JP image uploader:

http://moemi.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu2639.jpg
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6412/psu2639nl2.th.jpg (http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psu2639nl2.jpg)
Blurrrrry... looks like CG maybe? Will there be a new single player campaign? Familiar fellow in lower right...

http://moemi.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu2640.jpg
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5479/psu2640rh8.th.jpg (http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psu2640rh8.jpg)
I spy with my little eye...
Sonichi
Sato
Second to bottom row:
Sword: Soda Hazzo (A Grade Tenora Sword?)
Shotgun or Launcher? : Parangurehoudo/Barangurehoudo
Rifle: Kouhakanou
Axe: Matahonou (Matterhorn?)
Bow: Longbow (buh?)
Spear?: Jikitsunaata
Koltova Grenade Launcher Koltobazooka

Bottom row:
B'duki Madana (A Grade Tenora Pistol?)
Raikonbera (Double Saberish thing in smaller image)
Rappy Claws? "Rappy Tips"
PSO's Durandal: "Durandal Repca"
Holy Ray

The Mags actually seem to be a new weapon type rather than what they were in PSO... PHOTON WHIPS? SLICERS?

http://moemi.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu2641.jpg
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2989/psu2641ae5.th.jpg (http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psu2641ae5.jpg)
More PSOish stuff on this page.

New SUVs:
Giant Frakkin' Sword Gigas Espada (Espada=Spanish for sword);
Heaven Punisher-ish thing: Valady Cataract(?)
(Total guess on this one. Cataract kind of came to me, as the word can describe a downpour, as for Valady, it's a town in southern India. India has a monsoon season, doesn't it? It's probably a stretch...)

New weapons:
New Photon Arts:
Chuueijitotsushin? (Twin Claw)
Cross Hurricane (Twin Saber)

More room modifications?
New "PSO"? creatures:
One is "Grass Assassin",
the other is just referred to as "Boss"

This site has a habit of going down. If that happens let me know and I'll host the images elsewhere. A translation of whatever the person super-imposed would help as well.

Edit: Continually adding katakana I canfigure out. A lot I can't because it's too small or covered up...

Edit 2: Thanks to Dark Heal for providing clearer scans. Scroll down for the link.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-02-28 10:58 ]</font>

Sc0pe
Feb 28, 2007, 08:41 AM
sites down.

A2K
Feb 28, 2007, 08:45 AM
Fixed. I probably should have uploaded to imageshack in the first place...

Sychosis
Feb 28, 2007, 08:47 AM
Hmm, I could see MAGs being extra units and giving minor stat bonuses along with being there for looks ala blackheart. Hate to see them as weapons.

But I just hate the idea of MAGs (and just about everything else) returning from PSO, but I guess it'll shut the whiners up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-02-28 12:53 ]</font>

Genji
Feb 28, 2007, 09:01 AM
On 2007-02-28 05:33, A2K wrote:

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6412/psu2639nl2.th.jpg (http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=psu2639nl2.jpg)
Blurrrrry... looks like CG maybe? Will there be a new single player campaign? Familiar fellow in lower right...

Lower right looks like the red/yellow HUmar suit!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/classes/humar.jpg

And I know for sure my eyes aren't deceiving me.

omegapirate2k
Feb 28, 2007, 09:01 AM
Cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and from the PSU blog

There are three main basic policies in the battle in PSU, the first being the battle scenes. Fighting has become truly eye-catching to the extent that you can recognize it at a glance compared with PSO.

You can now also engage a player or AI opponent in combat in various ways:

They may have had battle mode in production and scrapped it because it didn't work

Oh, and do I see a RAPPY CASINO in this pic???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-02-28 06:06 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 28, 2007, 09:07 AM
I was thinking of something else that would cool, if non-crea A and S weapons of each weapon type can be created by ALL 3 (or 4 if including Kubara) of the Manufacturers. Like Yohmei Twin Sabers(since Yohmei is pretty much the oriental one, they SHOULD be the ones who make Twin Sabers. I mean, I want twin KATANAS!), Yohmei Spears, Tenora Daggers, etc. which go from 7* and up. That would be more interesting and give a larger array of rare weapons.

BioWarrior
Feb 28, 2007, 09:09 AM
On 2007-02-28 06:01, Genji wrote:

On 2007-02-28 05:33, A2K wrote:

Lower right looks like the red/yellow HUmar suit!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/classes/humar.jpg

And I know for sure my eyes aren't deceiving me.

Look at the last picture in A2K post, it has a red/yellow humar suit in an area similar to PSO Forest fighting rappys.

omegapirate2k
Feb 28, 2007, 09:11 AM
On 2007-02-28 06:07, Shiroryuu wrote:
I was thinking of something else that would cool, if non-crea A and S weapons of each weapon type can be created by ALL 3 (or 4 if including Kubara) of the Manufacturers. Like Yohmei Twin Sabers(since Yohmei is pretty much the oriental one, they SHOULD be the ones who make Twin Sabers. I mean, I want twin KATANAS!), Yohmei Spears, Tenora Daggers, etc. which go from 7* and up. That would be more interesting and give a larger array of rare weapons.

I know, I was a little bit disappointed in the cutoff past B rank weapons.

Genji
Feb 28, 2007, 09:13 AM
Yeah I noticed that after I had posted.

[b]On 2007-02-28 06:01, omegapirate2k
Oh, and do I see a RAPPY CASINO in this pic???

I hope the likelihood of winning isn't as low as the probability of finding a rappy in the wild http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ninja edit: Guess I should add that this casino could serve as a good way to clean up all that duped meseta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genji on 2007-02-28 06:14 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 28, 2007, 09:21 AM
On 2007-02-28 06:11, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-02-28 06:07, Shiroryuu wrote:

I know, I was a little bit disappointed in the cutoff past B rank weapons.

actually, looking at this pic, I might be right. it looks here like there is a pic of a Tenora Works A or S rank sword called Soda Hazzo. Afaik, Soda is a prefix for all of the Tenora Works Big Swords, and it sounds a bit like Hanzo so its probably a 7*, Tenora Works's Hanzo probably?

omegapirate2k
Feb 28, 2007, 09:26 AM
I was actually looking at that sword before you posted it, I think your right.

Although the Hanzo by all means looks like a yohmei weapon XD

A2K
Feb 28, 2007, 09:45 AM
I updated my post with some weapon/PA/etc. names... heh @ Koltobazooka. At least, that's what I think it's called... everything after "bazu" is cut off. My skills with Japanese are lacking, to say the least, though...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-02-28 06:46 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Feb 28, 2007, 09:48 AM
The twin sabers one looks alot like the third stage of assault crush from that angle http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: Who else thinks that that one place that has the HUmar outfit and all those rappies looks suspiciously like PSO's forest? Plus the Mags seem to be force weapons as far as I can tell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-02-28 06:52 ]</font>

A2K
Feb 28, 2007, 10:01 AM
Strange how they have a female Cast wielding them then, doesn't it?

Indeed that does look like PSO's Forest. In fact it says "Ragol" in the bold letters next to it, but hell if I know what the rest of the exclamatory question is. Probably something like "Is this Ragol!?" or some such.

EspioKaos
Feb 28, 2007, 10:36 AM
Oh, wow. Information overload. Some other stuff that I don't think has been mentioned... (EDIT: Oops. Looks like A2K already mentioned some of what I'm about to.)

New weapon classes: photon whip, slicer and maduke (?). The third one I'm not sure of the spelling, but from what I can tell, it seems to be a TECHNIC-channeling weapon. They give names for some of these weapons, too. Vishi is a type of whip, Hiken is a type of slicer and Peggi is a maduke.

One of the new fields takes place in the abandoned remains of Rozenom City. I wonder what happened there, since the city is still up and running in our current game?

EDIT: The first page does show some scenes from the new opening movie. Also, the last page mentions new enemies like the Grass Assassin and new bosses, one of which looks kind of like De Rol Le.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-02-28 07:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-02-28 07:41 ]</font>

BioWarrior
Feb 28, 2007, 10:43 AM
On 2007-02-28 07:36, EspioKaos wrote:
Oh, wow. Information overload. Some other stuff that I don't think has been mentioned... (EDIT: Oops. Looks like A2K already mentioned some of what I'm about to.)

New weapon classes: photon whip, slicer and maduke (?). The third one I'm not sure of the spelling, but from what I can tell, it seems to be a TECHNIC-channeling weapon. They give names for some of these weapons, too. Vishi is a type of whip, Hiken is a type of slicer and Peggi is a maduke.

One of the new fields takes place in the abandoned remains of Rozenom City. I wonder what happened there, since the city is still up and running in our current game?

EDIT: The first page does show some scenes from the new opening movie. Also, the last page mentions new enemies like the Grass Assassin and new bosses, one of which looks kind of like De Rol Le.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-02-28 07:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-02-28 07:41 ]</font>

That boss looked alot more like Barba Ray to me than De Rol Le.

EspioKaos
Feb 28, 2007, 10:46 AM
You're right. It does look more like Barba Ray. Same idea, though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryna
Feb 28, 2007, 10:52 AM
Good job on finding those scans A2K and thank you for the translations EspioKaos.

Do we happen to know which magazine(s) these particular scans came from?

EspioKaos
Feb 28, 2007, 11:00 AM
Going by the page layout and some of the info table designs, this seems to be from Famitsu.

A2K
Feb 28, 2007, 11:06 AM
On 2007-02-28 07:46, EspioKaos wrote:
You're right. It does look more like Barba Ray. Same idea, though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Honestly, to me, it looks like a giant mutant Gi Gue. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

One has to wonder what direction the story is going with this. Will the online story missions end with a cliffhanger to be continued in Ambition of Illuminus' Story Mode? How precisely will this work in conjunction with your original PSU disc, if at all? Will disc swapping be necessary? Is installation an option on PC and HD-equipped Xbox 360s? This all just leaves me wanting more info, to be honest...

kyori
Feb 28, 2007, 11:32 AM
Here are some odd things noted from 2ch:

<removed Japanese text>

Why is only 360 having the with ragol? And wtf is with ragol? Also straight details on this sequel:

Phantasy Star Universe - Ambition of Illumines(PS2/Xbox360/PC)

- Not an expansion disc, a full sequel on it's own stand alone disc
- It's not known yet how carrying data over would work
- New weapons, new lobbies, new fields, new room goods, new monsters, new SUV weapons, new photon arts
- There will be a network trial for Windows users, at the end of the trial the data will be wiped

Sinue_v2
Feb 28, 2007, 12:12 PM
Grass Assassins are back? Awesome... I've always loved Locusta and their derivitives. One of the all-time classic Phantasy Star enemies. Here's hoping for SandWorm ranches on Moatoob as well.

As for the new abandoned city, it's likely that it gets destroyed by an A-Photon bomb as per how the storyline is currently shaping up online.

Any word on weither or not it will have a similarly fully-VA'd offline storyline mode as well?

Sychosis
Feb 28, 2007, 12:23 PM
Better spoiler tag-ify that Sinue.

Sinue_v2
Feb 28, 2007, 12:56 PM
That's not a spoiler, it's speculation.

chibiLegolas
Feb 28, 2007, 12:57 PM
We have our mags back?! Old PSO costumes?!
The return of slicers?!

I'm crying here......
so happy......
*sniff*

Dark_Heal_v2
Feb 28, 2007, 01:05 PM
Clearer scans...
http://www.tgfcer.com/club/thread-5846575-1-1.html

Saphion
Feb 28, 2007, 01:12 PM
OH MY GOD.

This is what I've wanted since day one.

I'm re-activating my account RIGHT THIS SECOND.

Hell yes.

Sychosis
Feb 28, 2007, 01:14 PM
On 2007-02-28 09:56, Sinue_v2 wrote:
That's not a spoiler, it's speculation.

Just mentioning its development is pretty heavy stuff.

EspioKaos
Feb 28, 2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the link to clearer scans, Dark_Heal! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

From these, it looks like the MAG-like weapon is actually called Madoog, not Maduke, like I originally thought. (The stuff typed over the scan was covering up some of the name, so I didn't see the tenten over the ku.) A few Madoog names include Pit (which looks like Ethan's PM, Pete), Pegi (top right), Sonichi (lower left) and Shato (lower right). The Madoog's classification is translated as a spiritual (or demonic) channeling device. (In Japanese, ma which means demon or spirit, dou which means channel or path and gu which means device.) The description says the Madoog is a left-handed TECHNIC-casting weapon.

A2K
Feb 28, 2007, 01:33 PM
On 2007-02-28 10:21, EspioKaos wrote:
Thanks for the link to clearer scans, Dark_Heal! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

From these, it looks like the MAG-like weapon is actually called Madoog, not Maduke, like I originally thought. (The stuff typed over the scan was covering up some of the name, so I didn't see the tenten over the ku.) A few Madoog names include Pit (which looks like Ethan's PM, Pete), Pegi (top right), Sonichi (lower left) and Shato (lower right). The Madoog's classification is translated as a spiritual (or demonic) channeling device. (In Japanese, ma which means demon or spirit, dou which means channel or path and gu which means device.) The description says the Madoog is a left-handed TECHNIC-casting weapon.

I bolded my favorite part.

Golto
Feb 28, 2007, 01:33 PM
Wow some really nice new info. Heh time for some dominatrix female casts using whips. I really hope we get some kind of character transfer with this expansion/sequel.

JAFO22000
Feb 28, 2007, 01:45 PM
Wow, I wonder if those "Left-handed Tech casting weapons" will be force-types only or not. Might be really cool if all classes could use them, but they only shot one type of technic (ex., one type would shoot Foie ONLY, another would shoot Diga ONLY) instead of mapping your current techs to them.....I mostly hope it will be that way so we don't hear complaining (which I'm surprised we haven't heard yet..."ST had this all along, and now they are trying to CHARGE us for this???" "This isn't an expansion, it's just adding items that should already be in the game?!?!?!" "This is just a way for them to get our $10/month by stringing us along." and such....).

BTW, I'm totally excited about the possibilities presented by this article.

Astarin
Feb 28, 2007, 01:47 PM
Oh. My. God.

Amazing. This looks like a huge ammount of content. I'm just blown away. It addresses all of the "lacking" areas in PSU.

Left handed TECHNIC weapon? Good god, Wartechers are going to be monsters now.

In addition to the new clothing, I'm also noticing new hairstyles. Excellent.

That new lobby (?) on Parum, the beach city? Hot.

And like everyone else, I hope character data can somehow transfer back and forth between the two games, though it seems unlikely, given the shear volume of new content.

amtalx
Feb 28, 2007, 01:52 PM
Wow, cant wait to see more. I'm looking forward to some of the throwbacks...provided they are more novelty items than some of the better S-ranks.

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 28, 2007, 01:54 PM
AHA! I told you I found something in the files for the Photon Whip weapon type!

EspioKaos
Feb 28, 2007, 01:58 PM
On 2007-02-28 10:54, Jonathan_F wrote:
AHA! I told you I found something in the files for the Photon Whip weapon type!

I remember that! I was wondering whatever happened to the idea after the game came out and we didn't find them anywhere.

drakkula
Feb 28, 2007, 02:02 PM
i just hope we can transfer the chars from PSU to this new game/expansion...do u guys think this will happen?? i dont see why not...i mean, its basically the same psu with stuff added on.....

Ryna
Feb 28, 2007, 02:07 PM
EspioKaos, what does the red box on the last page say? It seems like it has something to do with account information.

kevington
Feb 28, 2007, 02:15 PM
*head explodes*

AC9breaker
Feb 28, 2007, 02:17 PM
O_O!!!

http://www.apocalypse-tribe.com/ac9breaker/koltova_cannon.jpg

CAN YOOOU DIIIIG IIIIIIIIIIITTTTT!!!!!!!

This is my kind of enemy weapon

omegapirate2k
Feb 28, 2007, 02:24 PM
On 2007-02-28 11:02, drakkula wrote:
i just hope we can transfer the chars from PSU to this new game/expansion...do u guys think this will happen?? i dont see why not...i mean, its basically the same psu with stuff added on.....

I would assume so, they did it for PSO, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rashiid
Feb 28, 2007, 02:25 PM
after seeing this, i dont think ill ever need a new game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ill actually see what a 'mag' is (never quite knew)

and those weapons.....

wow.

anything on Humans or Newmans getting anything? not sure if this has been asked yet.

Sychosis
Feb 28, 2007, 02:29 PM
Well you won't exactly see what a MAG was, the two operate in completely different ways. These things are weapons while PSO MAGs were essentially stat boosters and fashion accessories.

JAFO22000
Feb 28, 2007, 02:35 PM
On 2007-02-28 11:02, drakkula wrote:

Since the character data is on ST's side, I would assume that you would be able to access your character regardless of which disk you put in your machine. Remember all of your items, storage items, meseta, et al are client side. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to access your character no matter which version you had in your PC/PS2/360. I'm not completely sure of this as I'm not an expert, but if anyone in the know can chime in, it'd be appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2007-02-28 11:35 ]</font>

Itoshi
Feb 28, 2007, 02:35 PM
Looks amazing, and by some of those screens, we're getting (a) new planet(s) (Hopefully a PVP planet) and we're seeing the return of Forest 1.

Rashiid
Feb 28, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-02-28 11:29, Sychosis wrote:
Well you won't exactly see what a MAG was, the two operate in completely different ways. These things are weapons while PSO MAGs were essentially stat boosters and fashion accessories.

o0o0o0o0o0ooo0o0o 0ok!!

so, er, what will tha magz do?

EspioKaos
Feb 28, 2007, 02:39 PM
On 2007-02-28 11:07, Ryna wrote:
EspioKaos, what does the red box on the last page say? It seems like it has something to do with account information.
It's information on the upcoming trial of Ambition of Illuminus. It says that the network trial will be held this spring for PC/PS2 users. If I'm reading things correctly, it seems that you'll be able to use your current character to play in the trial or create a new one. If you use your current character, your data will be copied over to different servers so that when the close of the trial comes around (along with the data wipe), you'll go back to the original game just as you left it. And just like with last year's open beta, nothing will carry over. If you choose not to use your current character, you can create a new one for the trial and start from lvl.1. Other stuff includes the usual warnings about how the servers may undergo random maintenance meaning they could go down in the middle of a game. Also, item, monster and map parameters are subject to change during the trial.

Ryna
Feb 28, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-02-28 11:39, EspioKaos wrote:
It's information on the upcoming trial of Ambition of Illuminus. It says that the network trial will be held this spring for PC/PS2 users. If I'm reading things correctly, it seems that you'll be able to use your current character to play in the trial or create a new one. If you use your current character, your data will be copied over to different servers so that when the close of the trial comes around (along with the data wipe), you'll go back to the original game just as you left it. And just like with last year's open beta, nothing will carry over. If you choose not to use your current character, you can create a new one for the trial and start from lvl.1. Other stuff includes the usual warnings about how the servers may undergo random maintenance meaning they could go down in the middle of a game. Also, item, monster and map parameters are subject to change during the trial.

Thank you for the information. Is there any word about whether this will be an open or closed trial?

Mikaga
Feb 28, 2007, 02:46 PM
I don't care so long as the racial imbalances are fixed. As things stand, Casts do everything except Fortetecher better than Humans, and on top of that they get SUV weaponry.

*is not a Cast or a Human so nobody can say this call of "unfair!" is due to resentment.*

EspioKaos
Feb 28, 2007, 02:53 PM
On 2007-02-28 11:45, Ryna wrote:
Thank you for the information. Is there any word about whether this will be an open or closed trial?

Ah, I knew I was forgetting something! Open, it would seem. It may be done by invitation or lottery, but I didn't see anything confirming this. However, it does mention that people will be able to participate via Netcafés as well. I'll bet that with information being published this week, we'll probably be seeing an update concerning the trial on the official JP site soon. Maybe they'll even start up the weekly site updates for Ambition. It'll be just like old times; anticipating each Friday for some new information published on the site. XD

Also, on the front page article, I'd like to suggest adding in the MAG-like weapon type's name, Madoog, since the other weapon types are listed. I'm being picky, I know. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Rizen
Feb 28, 2007, 02:54 PM
Did someone...say...PHOTON WHIP!? *joygasm* I been wanting this for a long time!

Which ever class gets access to it will be my pick! *hopes for Protranser*

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 28, 2007, 02:56 PM
About that picture of the rappies...doesn't the context around them make it look like that's Forest on Ragol?

Edit: To add on to that, look at the humar on the first page. You don't see huge fauna like that anywhere else but forest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-02-28 11:58 ]</font>

Rashiid
Feb 28, 2007, 02:59 PM
Racial Imbalences is what makes the game what it is.

yeah, they can switch, but in the long run, its best to stick w/ what they're ment to be (cept humans o coarse)

Newmans: manly forces, but sum S rank wands/rods are Newman only, kinda hinting that they should be forces

Beasts: mainly hunter-like classes, and again, sum S ranks are Beast only (probably like longswords or axes)

Casts: mainly rangers, hav S ranks that are Cast only (sum rifle was, forgot name)

it makes it clear form the start on the weapons you have when u make a new character.

Hybrids are a different story, but whichever the primary class to lvl up for hybrids is, is the race it should be.

*Note: dont think i hate ppl who switch around, that makes it just interesting*

Ryna
Feb 28, 2007, 03:00 PM
On 2007-02-28 11:53, EspioKaos wrote:
Ah, I knew I was forgetting something! Open, it would seem. It may be done by invitation or lottery, but I didn't see anything confirming this. However, it does mention that people will be able to participate via Netcafés as well. I'll bet that with information being published this week, we'll probably be seeing an update concerning the trial on the official JP site soon. Maybe they'll even start up the weekly site updates for Ambition. It'll be just like old times; anticipating each Friday for some new information published on the site. XD

Also, on the front page article, I'd like to suggest adding in the MAG-like weapon type's name, Madoog, since the other weapon types are listed. I'm being picky, I know. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Thanks for the information EspioKaos. I updated the front page news article.

On 2007-02-28 11:56, Jonathan_F wrote:
About that picture of the rappies...doesn't the context around them make it look like that's Forest on Ragol?

Edit: To add on to that, look at the humar on the first page. You don't see huge fauna like that anywhere else but forest.

It is pretty obvious they are going for a "PSU in PSO" angle here. It wouldn't surprise me if they announced there were PSO levels in this sequel.

Rizen
Feb 28, 2007, 03:01 PM
Indeed it does look like Forest....maybe one of the new modes has something to do with PSO (Story maybe)?

Also, is there any more info out there how exactly Xbox360 and PS2 will be affected by the expansion? Im still very curious about how they will manage. I know it was said that the expansion will be a new disk...but its kinda vague.

Thanks!

T2
Feb 28, 2007, 03:06 PM
On 2007-02-28 11:46, Mikaga wrote:
I don't care so long as the racial imbalances are fixed. As things stand, Casts do everything except Fortetecher better than Humans, and on top of that they get SUV weaponry.

*is not a Cast or a Human so nobody can say this call of "unfair!" is due to resentment.*

I would say that humans are better wartechers, and possibly even guntechers (debatable).

omegapirate2k
Feb 28, 2007, 03:13 PM
On 2007-02-28 12:06, T2 wrote:

On 2007-02-28 11:46, Mikaga wrote:

I would say that humans are better wartechers, and possibly even guntechers (debatable).

For guntecher, it depends whether you use guns or techs the most, I guess.

Same with wartecher, except with melee weapons.

AC9breaker
Feb 28, 2007, 03:21 PM
On 2007-02-28 11:35, Itoshi wrote:
Looks amazing, and by some of those screens, we're getting (a) new planet(s) (Hopefully a PVP planet) and we're seeing the return of Forest 1.

in b4 f1 battle

Zeota
Feb 28, 2007, 03:35 PM
Wow.... this is certainly amazing news. If they're bringing back more PSO-related gear, I have two words....

LAVIS PLZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Rashiid
Feb 28, 2007, 03:41 PM
no PvP plz...

Phabin
Feb 28, 2007, 03:43 PM
On 2007-02-28 11:56, Jonathan_F wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-02-28 11:58 ]</font>

My Japanese isn't really that great. But I believe the first line under the big red text to the right of that picture says: PSO's Forest Stage Renewal.

Kirip-san
Feb 28, 2007, 03:43 PM
Monkey/Black King Bar please~nyo. >_>

Parn
Feb 28, 2007, 03:50 PM
Looking forward to when this ships. It's almost as if they gave us an early teaser version of PSU, and now they plan on shipping the real product. Going to stay offline until this new realization of the game ships, heh...

pineapple
Feb 28, 2007, 03:52 PM
On 2007-02-28 11:29, Sychosis wrote:

It looks to me like mags might be a new way of casting techniques. Dunno, too much kanji. They are called "maduugu"(can't figure out what that would be). I don't think they'll be easy/mode++ units anymore.

The temple, beach, and casino are new lobbies on each of the planets.

I hope they overhaul the battle system some. It works fine for melee and ranged, except I don't see why the pallet is limited, but techniques are kind of clunky now. Since this is more than just an expansion, hopefully they will.

Sychosis
Feb 28, 2007, 03:56 PM
Yeah, it has already been established that they are left handed tech casting weapons. I just hope the best ones don't look like MAGs.

Ermac
Feb 28, 2007, 04:03 PM
Photon whips = awesome

I would so make a Jonathan Morris or Belmont character.

PJ
Feb 28, 2007, 04:06 PM
God... damn... it

I'm so excited AGAIN.

This is the shit that made school unbarable BEFORE.

(It was brought up in a Facebook Group I have, and at first I was saying how crappy it seemed, but then upon better scans, I'm so damn excited, it's not even funny. DAMNIT)

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 28, 2007, 04:06 PM
On 2007-02-28 11:59, Rashiid wrote:

yeah, they can switch, but in the long run, its best to stick w/ what they're ment to be (cept humans o coarse)

Newmans: manly forces, but sum S rank wands/rods are Newman only, kinda hinting that they should be forces

Beasts: mainly hunter-like classes, and again, sum S ranks are Beast only (probably like longswords or axes)

Casts: mainly rangers, hav S ranks that are Cast only (sum rifle was, forgot name)

it makes it clear form the start on the weapons you have when u make a new character.

Hybrids are a different story, but whichever the primary class to lvl up for hybrids is, is the race it should be.

dude, do you have ANY idea how broken Newman Hunters and CAST Forces are? Those 2 classes put everything else to shame. but in all seriousness I think it would be great to have Newman only swords, Beast only guns, and CAST only wands. I mean, if they try to give even MORE incentives to pick the "correct" combinations, and try to promote them, it just kind of makes things boring. Either way, not gonna stop me from making the "wrong" choices if they don't do this.

Akaimizu
Feb 28, 2007, 04:12 PM
Heh heh. I almost want to take credit for actually involving Photon Whips in PSU story form before people here even started talking about Photon Whips. Did SEGA read my old Backstory? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

pineapple
Feb 28, 2007, 04:19 PM
On 2007-02-28 12:56, Sychosis wrote:
Yeah, it has already been established that they are left handed tech casting weapons. I just hope the best ones don't look like MAGs.

oops, missed that. It's probably safe to assume all of them will look vaguely like mags. I wonder if any of the multiple mags will make an appearance.

I just noticed that we'll get to decorate our shops now. It bugged me that we couldn't do this already.

DizzyDi
Feb 28, 2007, 04:33 PM
Who wants to bet that a lot of this stuff won't be released on day one of the expansion?

Esufer
Feb 28, 2007, 04:35 PM
An SUV sword? Pre-ordering as soon AS.

Rashiid
Feb 28, 2007, 04:35 PM
On 2007-02-28 13:06, Shiroryuu wrote:

On 2007-02-28 11:59, Rashiid wrote:

dude, do you have ANY idea how broken Newman Hunters and CAST Forces are? Those 2 classes put everything else to shame. but in all seriousness I think it would be great to have Newman only swords, Beast only guns, and CAST only wands. I mean, if they try to give even MORE incentives to pick the "correct" combinations, and try to promote them, it just kind of makes things boring. Either way, not gonna stop me from making the "wrong" choices if they don't do this.

i kno they're broken, thats why i said what they 'should' be.

but, as i stated in the last line, i hav no problem w/ ppl making akward switchez, totally up to them. (or u in this case)

they used more logic in the game.

"Can a robot (Casts) really do majic, which involves tha mind?"
"Can an animal (beasts) shoot w/ gunz?"
"Can a magicion (Newmans) severaly beat the crap out of sumthing?"
"Can a human....wait....nvm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif"

Edit: grammer check. hehe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-02-28 13:37 ]</font>

Itoshi
Feb 28, 2007, 04:39 PM
On 2007-02-28 10:21, EspioKaos wrote:

The way Madoog (Mag's) seem right now is a stand alone Caster(Like a support caster, only knows 1 or 2 spells, casts them at will, like a PM except not as good) or a magic channeler (Magic power increases, spell effect aplified, I don't know).

Just a guess.

Sinaku
Feb 28, 2007, 04:42 PM
WAIT...SO THIS COMES OUT IN MARCH FOR US TO TRY?!

pineapple
Feb 28, 2007, 04:43 PM
I can't really read it, but it does refer specifically to the left hand in the magazine scans

Rashiid
Feb 28, 2007, 04:49 PM
so mags are kinda like, NPCs attached to you?

idk if this is a good example but;

if you played Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicals, is 'Mog' kinda like what these Mags are gonna be like? randomly casting spells? (if so, thats like the best thing ever!)

Tomeeboy
Feb 28, 2007, 04:51 PM
On 2007-02-28 13:42, Sinaku wrote:
WAIT...SO THIS COMES OUT IN MARCH FOR US TO TRY?!

The open beta that is mentioned will likely be in Japan sometime this spring/summer. If the release is at all similar to the release of PSU, the most we'll probably see is an invite-only PC demo and possibly another 360 demo on Live (and these would be months after the Japanese beta).

Kaydin
Feb 28, 2007, 04:57 PM
Just looked through the magazine scans. Forces get NOTHING cool. I'm getting really close to changing my main to a Human Hunter. >.> HUmar clothes FTW!

BLACKR0SE
Feb 28, 2007, 04:57 PM
I hope we get the beta.It would be cool if I was selected. O_O

Itoshi
Feb 28, 2007, 04:58 PM
On 2007-02-28 13:49, Rashiid wrote:
so mags are kinda like, NPCs attached to you?

idk if this is a good example but;

if you played Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicals, is 'Mog' kinda like what these Mags are gonna be like? randomly casting spells? (if so, thats like the best thing ever!)

I was just playing that game like 2 seconds ago.

Mog does rule, but whenever he casts for me He does it when I'm casting to chain spells.

That'd be a interesting feature to add to the game.

Gryffin
Feb 28, 2007, 04:59 PM
Wait...Attached NPC's? I said something along those lines previously http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif... But now realizing how much a WT needs a Gunslot Casting weapon, I hope they aren't that...