PDA

View Full Version : What is that thing in the top right corner?

Fredrick
Feb 25, 2007, 10:52 AM
The things with the blue and red arrows flashing.... I can't figure it out.

RedX
Feb 25, 2007, 10:54 AM
i would assume that they show when you are uploading/downloading. Red is going up so i think it means upload and blues down so downloading. Not sure on anything but it makes sense.

Fredrick
Feb 25, 2007, 11:57 AM
Uploading and downloading what though?

SabZero
Feb 25, 2007, 12:31 PM
It's the communication between you and the server. When you mve, shoot etc is sent up, and damage info is sent back, for example.

EphekZ
Feb 25, 2007, 01:26 PM
On 2007-02-25 09:31, SabZero wrote:
It's the communication between you and the server. When you mve, shoot etc is sent up, and damage info is sent back, for example.

Fredrick
Feb 25, 2007, 01:38 PM
Lmfao... that can't be right.

Data is constantly being sent in both directions... regardless if anyone is actually doing anything or not. I mean the arrows flash even when you are on the planet selection screen.

My theory is it shows when someone is entering or leaving the server. It seems like when the servers are getting low the down arrow shows more frequently than the up. And the opposite when they are filling up.

EphekZ
Feb 25, 2007, 01:44 PM
...why are you going to ask a question without knowing shit, then say we're wrong? That's just retarded. if you're not going to listen to what seems to be a consensus in this thread then why even ask? Go off into your own little world and have a nice day believing whatever you want.

edit: and proof, just stand still for a sec when you're alone in your room. it goes away since there's no dat to be sent or recieved, oh but hey! when you move guess what comes back?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2007-02-25 10:45 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Feb 25, 2007, 02:49 PM
actually all it is is showing uploading/downloading. its not important. its just there.

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 02:58 PM
it appears in my room, and in battle, and anywhere, they dissapear when i stand still, but the second i move my camera, its there again.

Sekani
Feb 25, 2007, 03:03 PM
The indicator serves no practical purpose and should be ignored.

foamcup
Feb 25, 2007, 03:20 PM
On 2007-02-25 10:44, EphekZ wrote:
...why are you going to ask a question without knowing shit, then say we're wrong? That's just retarded. if you're not going to listen to what seems to be a consensus in this thread then why even ask? Go off into your own little world and have a nice day believing whatever you want.

edit: and proof, just stand still for a sec when you're alone in your room. it goes away since there's no dat to be sent or recieved, oh but hey! when you move guess what comes back?

[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2007-02-25 10:45 ]

QFT

It's the data transfer, and you shouldn't even worry about it, just ignore it. Dumbass.

soulid
Feb 25, 2007, 09:56 PM
The indicator serves no practical purpose and should be ignored.

...probably wrong, at least a few discuss what itīs use coul be http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. I guess itīs like a rev meter in cars: not really needed by average users to drive but very important for all around look and feel of the made experience...

A2K
Feb 25, 2007, 11:22 PM
That's enough of that...