PDA

View Full Version : Best way to grind B weapons

Burton
Feb 25, 2007, 11:00 AM
anyone got any ideas on the easiest and most likely way to get ur B weapon grinded to 10... need advice from the expert grinders out there... dont tell me what you think or what u heard! tell me what you know and have done!

Mattardo
Feb 25, 2007, 11:06 AM
Grind on a day that you have 3 star luck. Spend lots of money on making lots of grinders. Prepare to break many weapons. There is no EASY way to grind weps. MY +10Tomoiords are a result of many broken ones. If you're thinking of grinding an elemental melee wep that you treasure dearly, I wouldn't even try. That's just me. My method of grinding is long and tedious and takes a long time, soit's not for everyone. I usually take mutliples of the wep and grind each one to +1. Then I grind them to the next step. I will not grind to the next step unless I have mutliples of that grind level.

Phlamingtoad
Feb 25, 2007, 01:52 PM
I agree with Mattardo, this is the method i use

I'll get usually 6 of the weapon, and a ton of B+1s, quite a few B+5's and a couple B+8s

I'll grind them one each, across the board to 1, then across the board to two, etc

If it ever falls to "50-50 chance" i'll upgrade to the B+5, I only contine to grind across the board if i have two left (so if i break one, i still have a very strong weapon...hopefully)

Usually this will net you a +6 - +7 pretty easily, getting to +10 might take more than 6 weapons, i'm not sure i've been able to get a +10 with just 6 original weapons

Tahldon
Feb 25, 2007, 02:01 PM
A buddy of mine told me that his method works pretty well for him.

He grinds with 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc and he has a +7 rifle on him. A B Rifle mind you.

His method, for me, works all the way up to a +4 grind on a weapon then after that I'm kind of in the wind.

:3 I just busted 5 Rikalbari bows. Each of them were 4 or 5.

I should probably up my grinders after +4 on the wep huh? The B+5 Grinders give it a fifty fifty and thus I break the bow. It's fun though! But costly.. >.> I gots no moneh..now.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 25, 2007, 02:06 PM
I just broke a +9 light elemental ryo-deran, adn I'll miss it dearly. especially since its tough to find elemental yohmei twin sabers. I now have a +5 light elemental ryo-slasha. If I had more b+10s, I'd try to grind it even more.

Mattardo
Feb 25, 2007, 04:12 PM
Depending on the wep, it's good to jump straight to the highest griders you can find on the 5th grind up. You can get away with 8s and 9s, but.... It's an expensive thing to do. I've spent much money just making grinders for an hour or two to get 15 +10 grinders. Of course, you can sell the ones you don't use at your shop to help recoup some of the money.

chibiLegolas
Feb 26, 2007, 02:23 PM
Yes. But when is it worth it to use a +10? I've broken plenty of 7's trying to go higher without using up my +10 (I wanted to reserve them when I'm trying to go from 9 to 10). And I'd hate to imagine that even if I use my +10's, the weapons will STILL break. Regardless on how successful the result is suppost to be.
I've looked at the grinding chart at PSUedia. But from your personal experiences, how truly reliable are +10 grinders?

SolomonGrundy
Feb 26, 2007, 02:33 PM
not very reliable...and they run out quick. Best bang for your buck it to stick with with low grinds...1-3

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 26, 2007, 02:34 PM
well, if you're doing it on a 3 star luck day, which you probably should for best chances, and you're doing B grinders. I posted the chart for that info on psupedia, and from my experience... I find a high chance good enough for me. I don't try and stick with very high like everyone else. So the only grinders I need are +1, +6, +9, and +10. +1 gets me to 5, +6 gets me another level. Then +9 til +9. Then a +10 for the last level.

let's be honest, the only advantage you get from using a +10 earlier on a 3* luck day, is a very high from 4-5 and from 5-6. A +1 grinder is very high up through 4, so just use a +1 grinder, seriously. As far as I can tell, a very high is the same no matter what grinder, as is a high... etc. So just use the lowest one you can!

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-02-26 11:36 ]</font>

MrFortegunner
Feb 26, 2007, 07:16 PM
what ever you do, don't be like the person on this
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=136172&forum=20&start=15&23
lol, she's crazy!!