PDA

View Full Version : Luck? Anyone figure this out yet?

zJ0n
Feb 25, 2007, 04:05 PM
Okay, Ive been wanting to start a topic on this for a while, but this time its the last straw! Let me explain.

Today I have my luck on the 2nd one, (many flashing stars), so I decided to go farming for the items I need. Ive been through the mission many times, and BAIRLY AT ALL found what I need.

Im assuming the luck has NOTHING to do with drop rate, because this is BS, I need a ton of these items and cant even get one. (p.s. the item isnt rare or anything).

I did however have good for grinding, synth etc. But BS on the drops. Pain in my @ss. Anyone care to share thier opionon? Thanks.

foamcup
Feb 25, 2007, 04:09 PM
Luck affects grinding and the amount of items that drop, not drop rates. You'll just get more drops in general. It has nothing to do with synthing.

zJ0n
Feb 25, 2007, 04:11 PM
On 2007-02-25 13:09, foamcup wrote:
Luck affects grinding and the amount of items that drop, not drop rates. You'll just get more drops in general. It has nothing to do with synthing.

I havent noticed any more drops at all. it actually seems when I have no luck, im finding more items. (its that bad)

Sekani
Feb 25, 2007, 04:14 PM
It's been stated that photon fortune (aka "luck") does increase drop rates, but the pure randomness of the game (aka your own personal real luck) usually takes precedence.

The stars by your name are just there to look pretty, imo.

5IronDeath
Feb 25, 2007, 04:31 PM
I have had allot of better drops,when the photon fortune is higher.Now,if that is my luck or just randomness or something else,I don't know,but for me I can notice a difference.

bio-java
Feb 25, 2007, 05:08 PM
i had a shining yellow star day on my fem-beast alt a couple 'o days ago, i had LOADS of more phat loot.
so when its yellow and shiny it actually helps

Kion
Feb 25, 2007, 05:30 PM
I'm a pretty firm believer that luck does increase the chances of enemies dropping items. I was doing linear line with 2 luck and after every room the ground was covered with items. Since then I've done the run a couple of time with 0 luck and I've seen about 1 or 2 items per room. If I was just having agreat day then luck is a great placebo XD.
If you're looking for rares, go for an S rank mission. Anything lower than that and the only rares you'll find re kubara, scape dolls, and possibly copernia.