PDA

View Full Version : New Player

Pumpkin-King
Feb 25, 2007, 08:00 PM
I'm making a character and I'm not sure what to make. In every game I play I'm a magic user and I love it but it seems like it might be hard to start out with in this game. A ranger sounds fun to me to. Any ideas?

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 08:03 PM
Force isnt that hard, but ull be pushed around allot heal-wise.

Ranger is fun, and easiet IMO, hunter is also fun.

make 3 characters, use em all, and see what u enjoy best.

Pumpkin-King
Feb 25, 2007, 08:04 PM
Okay thanks for the advice, one thing is this game confuses me! After I make a char I don't know what to do or what I should do.

Pakwan
Feb 25, 2007, 08:06 PM
Talk to your Partner Machinery (the floating robot in your room) and ask how to start the tutorials. They're good for you.

Also, I would recommend playing Offline Mode for a while, to get used to the game, and where basic locations are placed throughout the game (i.e., "the colony", "Parum", etc.)

Have fun.

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 08:14 PM
yes, play offline, thats how i learnt

Pumpkin-King
Feb 25, 2007, 08:18 PM
I'm not completely sure if I like this game or not.

-Ryuki-
Feb 25, 2007, 08:35 PM
I like it a lot. I don't ever plan on quitting, unless they release a new Phantasy Star MMO.

Been playing this since release, and PSO since GC.

Pumpkin-King
Feb 25, 2007, 09:20 PM
Heh, nah I lied I think I'm gonna get it. I will just needs lots of help when I finally get online with this game! XD

Pumpkin-King
Feb 25, 2007, 09:21 PM
Oh and uh... how do I even get techs in this game as a force?

NPCMook
Feb 25, 2007, 09:22 PM
Try them all if you like Force but also like Ranger, Guntecher is the answer for you

You only get level 10 techs, so I usually just stick with the Healing techs... and buffs, I choose to leave those to Wartechers and Fortetechers

Cassee
Feb 25, 2007, 09:26 PM
You get Techs by purchasing the Technique Disks from a weapon shop(doesn't matter where) -- unlike PSO where you bought a level of a tech, here you buy a disk once and cast it repeatedly to gain higher levels. Tedious, yes, but it's kinda balanced, I suppose.

Pumpkin-King
Feb 25, 2007, 09:28 PM
Hmm, cool. Oh and one more thing. Whats online like for pc? I've read it's dying quite fast. =/

Pumpkin-King
Feb 25, 2007, 09:31 PM
Oh and I have no clue what Fortegunner, Guntecher, Wartecher etc. stuff is. Please explain.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 25, 2007, 09:33 PM
Advanced Class Info: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=121267&forum=22&207

There, enjoy!

THE JACKEL

Genji
Feb 25, 2007, 09:36 PM
On 2007-02-25 18:31, Pumpkin-King wrote:
Oh and I have no clue what Fortegunner, Guntecher, Wartecher etc. stuff is. Please explain.

Those are Expert/Hybrid classes.

ForteFighter - Expert Hunter
ForteGunner - Expert Ranger
Fortetecher - Expert Force
Fighgunner - Hunter/Ranger hybrid
WarTecher - Hunter/Force hybrid
GunTecher - Ranger/Force hybrid
Protranser - Experimental class, specializes in traps

BladeWindD
Feb 25, 2007, 09:37 PM
It is really. I heard that most people are going to the Xbox360
alot more lately. Most of my friends did and they there not going to
bother with PS2 cause there fans of the Xbox360.(Dead or Alive 4 and
Halo 2 & 3 mostly) But thats up to you to verison you want to choose
so choose wisely ^_^

Pumpkin-King
Feb 25, 2007, 09:37 PM
Woah, seems confusing....

BladeWindD
Feb 25, 2007, 09:39 PM
lol

Pumpkin-King
Feb 25, 2007, 09:40 PM
Well I'm stuck with pc/ps2 cause I don't have enough money for a 360 and I won't anytime soon.

BladeWindD
Feb 25, 2007, 09:50 PM
Well like I said thats up to you. If PC is your choice or PS2 then I say
go for it. Either way you'll be online.

Criss
Feb 26, 2007, 01:24 AM
I personally would recommend the PC over the PS2 if you have a good computer. Get a decent PC controller for maybe 30$ and your good to go, much better load times and less slowdowns than PS2, and same good (and even reconfigurable) controls.

People have supposedly been leaving PC/PS2 servers more and more for the X360 because of the hacking and duping done on those servers, but SEGA finally did a raid in the glitches and problems there were on PC these last two weeks. I think PC/PS2 servers should see more people coming back, especially after the next big update on March 2nd, since they skipped updates these past 3 weeks in favor of bug/glitch/hack fixing.

Phantomface
Feb 26, 2007, 01:37 AM
all i can advise to is have as much fun as possibe

(i.e. make an incredibly fat afroed female character and chase people around ^.^)

soulid
Feb 27, 2007, 01:11 AM
I'm not completely sure if I like this game or not.

Few words from my point of view: like everything it got proīs and conīs. One good thing about it, after a short time of playing it, you can tell where to go to have a constant uninterrupted fighting experience without having to "die" to many times. Thatīs because the games structure is build upon levels you have to go thru repeatedly. Unlike other MMORPGīs where monsters show of randomly. But itīs a matter of taste what structure of gaming experience you like more...