PDA

View Full Version : elemental rods?

hans4
Feb 25, 2007, 10:14 PM
my friend has some and i really really need a fire one but he tell's me there impossible to get and when i ask him where he got his he says its a secret....i just spent the last hour looking at ppl's shops for an fire rod or a board to make a staff.....help!!!!!

Genji
Feb 25, 2007, 10:15 PM
Put only fire technics on your rod.

Sychosis
Binding only fire techs to the rod will give it a fire element.

Esufer
Get any rod.

Equip it with all fire techs.

Hey presto!

Fire rod!

^_^

There's no secret to it, it's just done a little differently to all the guns and swords in the game.

Hope that helped.

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 10:16 PM
LOL he didnt buy it

he just put all of the same element on 1 rod

test it out:

put foie, rafoie, gifoie, damfoie, jellen, or shifta all on 1 rod/want, it will turn red *become fire*

edit: typo, and damn yall fast! lol i wanted to be the info-hero...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-02-25 19:17 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Feb 25, 2007, 10:25 PM
When I see a coloured rod I prepare my 'mates. Generally, it means the Force won't heal.

Bind one element to a rod and BLAMO! The perverbial Bat Symbol for "Heal yourself!"

A2K
Feb 25, 2007, 11:16 PM
Like all other weapons, please note that the % boost gained from applying technics of a single element will only factor in against enemies of the opposite or same element. Your Foie or Diga will do no more damage to a dark attribute enemy if the rod were pure or not.

And I'll have you know that even though I prefer single element wands and rods I don't hesitate to pull out my light Cometara to heal!

...Unless there are a few other FOs around. In which case I'll let them handle it... heh.

MayLee
Feb 25, 2007, 11:38 PM
My wands are for healing perpuses only. My rods are color coated. You don't HAVE to gill ALL slots with the same element to get one color. empty the rod put one or two of the same element on the rod and presto.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Feb 25, 2007, 11:42 PM
On 2007-02-25 20:38, MayLee wrote:
My wands are for healing perpuses only. My rods are color coated. You don't HAVE to gill ALL slots with the same element to get one color. empty the rod put one or two of the same element on the rod and presto.

yep just dont mix and match or you end up with green again

Umberger
Feb 25, 2007, 11:46 PM
I usually do the same as MayLee...

Mayrod - Foie/Diga/Dammegid/Dambarta
Granarod - Shifta/Deband/Retier/Zodial
Granarod - Resta/Reverser
Lidra - Resta/Reverser
Cometara - Resta/Reverser

I usually use the Lidra and Cometara for healing since they cast slightly faster...those+my newearl TP is more than enough healing power...the Granarod is just for the extra 1000 or so PP.

Omega_Weltall
Feb 26, 2007, 12:17 AM
Ya I do the exact same. Dood... get a new friend, he sounds like a complete asshole http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Elemental Rods are not that serious. Sure the extra 12% bonus is nice but its not all that great.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Omega_Weltall on 2007-02-25 21:18 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 26, 2007, 02:10 AM
The bonus is worthless when you weigh it against the undeniable usefulness of having Resta at hand always.

A2K
Feb 26, 2007, 02:26 AM
I find that particular usefulness is tempered in missions where the team isn't exactly being pushed to the limit. Even in situations where we are, however, I become more healer than nuker, the light-elemental wand becoming my primary, using the off-hand weapon to tag. It doesn't take particularly long to load the proper wand or rod on PC or Xbox 360, either.

Is it a nice safety net, though. When elements don't particularly matter (pure dark elemental dungeons mainly), why not, you know?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-02-25 23:28 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Feb 26, 2007, 11:57 AM
When I solo or with friends, I use the following setup on my palett in that order:

Mayrod:barta/rabarta/dambarta/zalure
Kikami/Lidra:resta/reverser
Mayrod:foie/rafoie/damfoie(or jellen)/gifoie
Cometarra:resta/reverser
Mayrod:diga/radiga/damdiga/gidiga
Toimorod/Rayharodx3: lv21+ Buffs

But when it is a real serious mission like S Desert Terror or S Hive, I'll have the first 2 slots as a ra- and damu- spell, and second slot set as resta and reverser. I am quick on the gun with switching to my wands though as most forces that i know or party with curse at me since they wasted using their pp trying to heal. All i need now is a har/quick, though i will not pay 3mil. It really comes down to how you like to play, ignoring people assumptions that forces with solid colored rods won't heal, partying with players who can heal em selves when they decide to stray away from the force(s), how alert you are to your team's health/status, and how quick you can react. But is usually comes down to the mision and people you play with.