PDA

View Full Version : Your Room rules

natewifi
Feb 25, 2007, 10:14 PM
Did ST ever give an explanation to why we cant drop items in our own rooms?

It just doesnt feel like its my chars room, when there is rules, even though it is a game. It seems like just another place that you go to, not something that you own.

Does anyone else feel like the "no item drop room policy" is uneccesary and pointless? (other than to prevent glitches or something but thats just thinking way paranoid)

ST must have never heard of Animal Crossing.

I'm not whining or anything, I just dont get why it is so limited.

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2007, 10:20 PM
because anyone (w/ ur card, or if u hav a shop) can enter your room, and u can drop somthing to show to ur friend, and *enters random person* sees item, grabs n rolls out.

Eliash
Feb 25, 2007, 10:23 PM
1. Prevents Glitches.
2. Would require extra code to allow only the room owner to pick up the items.
3. May cause an slight increase in lag.
4. Serves little purpose to most players, and can be viewed as a risk not worth taking. (In terms of glitches/stupidity)

These are just a few reasons I can come up with. Whether or not they should or shouldn't implement it is not to be infered from my statement. This is just to point out some of the possible reasons.

Umi_Ryu
Feb 26, 2007, 11:07 AM
It is not your room, it's the Guardian's and if you threw junk your lolibot maid will complain and Lucaim Nav will come to scold you.

... or, maybe, it is because of lag that it could generate and the risk of having someone entering your room and picking your items but, still, my version is way more plausible.

Hyda
Feb 26, 2007, 11:12 AM
Sometimes I wish I could but I can understand why they won't allow such. I would be a nice thought to have but to many unnecessary things would become involved and than more problems could possibly arise.

omegapirate2k
Feb 26, 2007, 11:16 AM
If you want to show off items, put them in your shop, if it's furniture, put it in a furniture slot XD

Having random item boxes lying around your room would just look stupid.

Akaimizu
Feb 26, 2007, 11:17 AM
Yeah. Online games change rules that way. Plus, even the DS version of Animal Crossing was very limited in who could visit and do anything with items left around. First of all, it had to be an established AC friend on your network, you had to have the game running and connected, and you had to open the gate of your town.

Basically, in that regard, you know exactly the risks involved in doing that, and you're basically trusting your friends, with which you exchanged Animal Crossing codes with, who have the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-26 08:18 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Feb 26, 2007, 11:38 AM
...because some dumbass would cover his floor with Monomate boards.