PDA

View Full Version : The bosses of the original PSO in PSU

Lman90245
Feb 25, 2007, 11:17 PM
If you could fight one of the four original (Dreamcast v.1) bosses from PSO in PSU which one would you want to see?

Rizen
Feb 25, 2007, 11:24 PM
I really should post my video FOmar tomorrow >.>

Back on topic, I want to see De Rol Le again.

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 25, 2007, 11:26 PM
We may very well see Vol Opt, his music is in the game.

Aaron777
Feb 25, 2007, 11:29 PM
what? No Olga Flow?

Lman90245
Feb 25, 2007, 11:36 PM
On 2007-02-25 20:29, Aaron777 wrote:
what? No Olga Flow?

The dreamcast version didn't have episode 2 yet hense why its "Dreamcast V.1"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lman90245 on 2007-02-25 20:36 ]</font>

Phantomface
Feb 25, 2007, 11:37 PM
If they do ressurect any of them, it would have to be De Rol Le, just for its music *beatboxing ensues*

Lman90245
Feb 25, 2007, 11:38 PM
On 2007-02-25 20:37, Phantomface wrote:
If they do ressurect any of them, it would have to be De Rol Le, just for its music *beatboxing ensues*

yeah for sure he had the best boss music next to Falz's 3rd form

A2K
Feb 25, 2007, 11:39 PM
None of them, to be honest. They should stay right where they are--right where they belong.

Sinue_v2
Feb 25, 2007, 11:53 PM
I vote none of them as well.

PSU isn't PSO Ep V and I find it insulting that so many people wish to turn it into that.

VanHalen
Feb 26, 2007, 12:15 AM
None of them

Ryogen
Feb 26, 2007, 01:27 AM
None. Don't wish for somthing you already beat up.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 26, 2007, 01:43 AM
I agree with the last 4 posters.

Shinzakura
Feb 26, 2007, 02:15 AM
Agreed, with the majority of the sentiments above.

AuroraKaijin
Feb 26, 2007, 03:01 AM
If they must add one, I say De Rol Le, just because there doesn't seem to be any similiar bosses in PSU.

Tsudori
Feb 26, 2007, 06:09 AM
Theres no harm in original bosses, just gives you more missions to complete and bosses to defeat. oh look that rhymed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ------ Bring out the Dark Falz! Theres something about destroying giant worms i find unsettling.

Esufer
Feb 26, 2007, 06:11 AM
On 2007-02-25 20:39, A2K wrote:
None of them, to be honest. They should stay right where they are--right where they belong.

Seconded.

If you want to fight them, go play PSO.

Sinue_v2
Feb 26, 2007, 06:22 AM
If Dark Falz makes a return as a boss in PSU - then he should be an entirely new creation, and not a clone of PSO's incarnation. Dark Falz is the ONLY PSO boss that would actually be justified in making a return - since PSU is thus far the only major release Phantasy Star which does NOT include Dark Falz/Dark Force. Dulk Fakis doesn't quite cut it.

But then, I'm not sure if Dark Falz/Force would even fit into PSU's theme. The SeeD thus far are presented to the players as a biological alien infection. Dulk Fakis is simply the form large SeeD growth's aquire when infused with large amounts of A-Photons, which is why they're most often found around the reactor cores. Dark Falz/Force in PSO/PS were spiritual entities of great power. Ancient Evils reawoken much like Chutulu. They were, in their own right, gods of destruction and torment who manipulated and twisted human desires to serve their own purpose. They fed and grew strong on the flow of emotions like hatred, jelousy, and fear, and thus tried to expound these emotions subtly from the seclusion of their Pandora's Box until the time was right to free the epicenter of their power - the Profound Darkness.

Adding a force like that into PSU would be (thus far) completely contradictory to the tone and theme of Phantasy Star Universe.

Tsudori
Feb 26, 2007, 06:29 AM
I think it would be good to expand on the seed idea, i have a feeling if they keep playing on the same story for too long without ever introducing something new or different people will become bored, at least thats my view.

Neith
Feb 26, 2007, 06:32 AM
The further PSU is from PSO the better. Don't want Sega to destroy one of the few good games they made http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Different Universes, and adding PSO bosses in PSU would be stupid- since they all connect with the story D:

I don't know, I just don't think you could engineer the bosses from PSO into PSU, and come out with a good result. The games are too different..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-02-26 03:34 ]</font>

Esufer
Feb 26, 2007, 06:40 AM
On 2007-02-26 03:32, UrikoBB3 wrote:
The further PSU is from PSO the better. Don't want Sega to destroy one of the few good games they made http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Different Universes, and adding PSO bosses in PSU would be stupid- since they all connect with the story D:

I don't know, I just don't think you could engineer the bosses from PSO into PSU, and come out with a good result. The games are too different..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-02-26 03:34 ]</font>

And the fact that due to PAs like Tornado Dance, and even Rising strike, a well placed PA could wipe out the bosses off PSO in a hit, because they're all multi-hit. (with the possible exception of Dark Fonz.)

omegapirate2k
Feb 26, 2007, 08:51 AM
I agree with most posters here, we don't need PSO bosses, I'd prefer more original ones.

But one cannot deny the (atleast stylistic) resemblance of the second form of Dulk Fakis to the last form (that you face on hard and up on PSO) of Dark falz.

Speaking of the second form of Dulk Fakis, do we get to fight it on march 2nd?

Sinue_v2
Feb 26, 2007, 09:04 AM
Dulk Fakis is based on two forms of Dark Falz/Force. While most people most commonly recognise the second form as being inspired from PSO - the first form was inspired by the collossal Dark Force/Falz's you fought in the first game such as the Dark Force from PSII which took up the entire screen - or the first Dark Force you fight in PSIV which is integrated into Zelan's control systems.

BurningRage
Feb 26, 2007, 09:59 AM
I'd really like to see something like Olga Flow. That was my favorite boss from PSO.

Neith
Feb 26, 2007, 10:03 AM
On 2007-02-26 06:04, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Dulk Fakis is based on two forms of Dark Falz/Force. While most people most commonly recognise the second form as being inspired from PSO - the first form was inspired by the collossal Dark Force/Falz's you fought in the first game such as the Dark Force from PSII which took up the entire screen - or the first Dark Force you fight in PSIV which is integrated into Zelan's control systems.

Heh, I knew I'd seen Fakis somewhere before- always linked his 2nd phase to Falz, but I've not really played the original series enough to recognise Dark Force.

As soon as I played Story and saw Fakis' 2nd phase, my mind was screaming 'FALZ! FALZ!', what with the floating symbolic arena http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Hell, he even looks fairly similar.

Caliban_King
Feb 26, 2007, 10:19 AM
De Ro Le for sure. The bosses in PSU have been pretty boring for me. Dragons and giant bats.

amtalx
Feb 26, 2007, 10:24 AM
I miss giving De Rol Le the what for with my Baranz Launcher...although PSO bosses are probably best kept in PSO. There's no point in having a new game if its just going to be a throwback to the old one.

Caliban_King
Feb 26, 2007, 10:27 AM
Well, look at De Ragan. Is he so different from the Dragon from PSO? It's been a long time for me, so maybe.

When I first saw him, I figured he was a recycled Dragon, and was hoping for a raft-riding boss fight later.

Kelevra
Feb 26, 2007, 10:28 AM
de rol le, just for origionality, not alot of annoying beached whale worms with super dred locks.

DraginHikari
Feb 26, 2007, 10:48 AM
Eh... pretty much the dragon has been done in PSU and recolored twice already XD

Lman90245
Feb 26, 2007, 12:35 PM
On 2007-02-25 20:53, Sinue_v2 wrote:
I vote none of them as well.

PSU isn't PSO Ep V and I find it insulting that so many people wish to turn it into that.

Honestly this is a hypothetical question so if any of you people are “Offended” by the idea then please consult counseling.

CyarVictor
Feb 26, 2007, 01:04 PM
Del Rol Le cause nothings as fun as rafting the sewers fighting an armored worm that likes to drop mines, rocks, and tendrills on your party.

dgg116
Feb 26, 2007, 02:25 PM
I was slighly disappointed with Dulk Fakis (such a silly name, too! lol). I was impressed with the 1st and 3rd form of Dark Falz in PSO.

Esufer
Feb 26, 2007, 02:28 PM
On 2007-02-26 07:28, Kelevra wrote:
de rol le, just for origionality, not alot of annoying beached whale worms with super dred locks.

Barba Ray?

Sychosis
Feb 26, 2007, 02:32 PM
On 2007-02-26 11:25, dgg116 wrote:
I was slighly disappointed with Dulk Fakis (such a silly name, too! lol). I was impressed with the 1st and 3rd form of Dark Falz in PSO.

I'm quite the opposite, despite the name, Fakis looks far more intimidating than Falz.

Esufer
Feb 26, 2007, 02:35 PM
Fakis was OOOOOLD school falz in his first form.

That and the fact he's flipping Gimungous.

Sha Sha
Feb 26, 2007, 03:42 PM
dARK fLAZ

McLaughlin
Feb 26, 2007, 03:52 PM
I'm casting my vote on the Gal Gryphon (I know I didn't spell that right). It'd really teach some of the idiots in the game to think before they spam Jellen on the ****er.

Can't tell you how many times my 200 HUmar got killed because some dumb ass Force thought it wise to ignore someone twice his/her level.

EDIT: Barring that, I'd vote on Olga Flow. I liked his stage the best. Even if my HUcast could kill him in 10 Red Mech combos >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-02-26 12:53 ]</font>

VanHalen
Feb 26, 2007, 04:20 PM
Idk asking for old PSO bosses is as dumb as saying "I wish the old halo bosses were in halo 3" or "I wish perfect chaos was a boss in Sonic and the secret of the rings"

Esufer
Feb 26, 2007, 04:25 PM
On 2007-02-26 13:20, VanHalen wrote:
Idk asking for old PSO bosses is as dumb as saying "I wish the old halo bosses were in halo 3" or "I wish perfect chaos was a boss in Sonic and the secret of the rings"

There were bosses in Halo? O_O?

XDeviousX
Feb 26, 2007, 04:25 PM
Thought of Dark Falkis fight online makes me forget pso bosses easily, also, I hope that boss change on SS mision updates... The old bosses were good on the old game, time to move forward though and look foward to new things.

VanHalen
Feb 26, 2007, 04:28 PM
On 2007-02-26 13:25, Reigast wrote:

On 2007-02-26 13:20, VanHalen wrote:

There were bosses in Halo? O_O?

Idk I dont own the game lol I was just using an example of a popular game.

Hyda
Feb 26, 2007, 11:00 PM
Vol Opt, Id like to beat him down a few more times. I enjoyed breaking his screens^^.

natewifi
Feb 27, 2007, 12:02 AM
Who are the crackheads who voted De Rol Le, and the Original Dragon? I think Dark Falz would be perfect for the new final boss as the true final boss for the expansion pack, but he would have like 2 more forms after his 3rd from PSO form. Vol Opt would also be one because there is no boss like him at all.

NPCMook
Feb 27, 2007, 12:13 AM
I think you all forget that Dark Falz has been in just about every, if not all, Phantasy Star games http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sinue_v2
Feb 27, 2007, 01:38 AM
All major Phantasy Star games anyhow. In fact - Phantasy Star as a series isn't a narrative about any particular character in any particular age. It's a story about the darkness, and the struggle against it.

Dark Force/Falz also does not have a "common" form. Each itteration of Phantasy Star has presented us with a new and unique Dark Force/Falz to battle against. So while it's not wrong (imo) to wish for a return of Dark Falz - it is wrong to expect a return of "PSO's Dark Falz".

Mio
Feb 27, 2007, 02:35 AM
De Rol Le

The fight was very cool... very

Callous
Feb 27, 2007, 08:17 AM
Jesus, people. PSU is not and never will be like PSO (unfortunately). Just freakin go play PSO. Seriously.

CAST-Sapphire
Feb 27, 2007, 12:35 PM
Man no love for the Original Dragon =(

anyway I vote Original Dragon he my have been easy (I mean really super stupidy easy) but he was always my favorite bosses.

curlack45
Feb 27, 2007, 01:26 PM
i don't know how in ep 1 they where so confused as to what cuased the explosion, dark flaz was in most/ all phantasy star games (as said above), so they shoule have just said "yep, dark flaz again, lets go atom bomb him or somthing" =p.

Regardless to that, i voted de rol le, why? becasue as said many times, there is nothing funner than sufing the sewers shoting a giant-no-faced-worm like thing that crawling on cellings, throwms mines at you'r party, jumps over you (failing =p) and lifting his booty in the air thorwing purple beams at you.

Alot of people have been saying (along theese lines):

"none becasue pso isn't anything like psu blah blah blah"

Well, i agree, it isn't (expect for the whole thing of basics, e.g weapons looks e.g saber) anything like pso. Dark flaz... Maybe a good idea, to finish him off, once and for all, heck, that might even bring in dark force or somthing to get his revendge, or mabie there is a link with flaz and SEED.. i dunno, but all i'm saying is stop ranting like it's going to happen, i dout pso bosses will be in psu, it's simply a pointless question wicth people have mindless fun over (like me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: curlack45 on 2007-02-27 10:28 ]</font>

curlack45
Feb 27, 2007, 01:29 PM
yeah, loads of typeos in there, my wireless keyboard has another moblie phone signal near it i think =[

Midicronica
Feb 27, 2007, 03:06 PM
Del Rol Le and let the forces still be able to hit almost every part on his body. XP Zonde pwned Del Rol.

fighting453
Feb 27, 2007, 06:25 PM
neeed help!!!!!!!!

metatime
Feb 28, 2007, 04:20 PM
De Rol Le wins, lol

http://www.pso-world.com/index.php

pineapple
Feb 28, 2007, 04:23 PM
Am I the only one that found De Rol Le obnoxious?

I voted for Dark Falz in a moment of weakness, but really Vol Opt was more interesting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pineapple on 2007-02-28 13:24 ]</font>

Kaydin
Feb 28, 2007, 04:26 PM
On 2007-02-28 13:23, pineapple wrote:
Am I the only one that found De Rol Le obnoxious?

No. >.<

I want Olga Flow back! Dark Falz and Vol Opt were my favorites from Episode 1 though. We need some sort of computer boss like Vol Opt, not just the stupid mecha bosses.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 28, 2007, 04:28 PM
On 2007-02-25 20:36, Lman90245 wrote:
The dreamcast version didn't have episode 2 yet hense why its "Dreamcast V.1"

Well, no, "Dreamcast v1" differenciates the original version from "Dreamcast v2", which added a great deal of weapons, the 200 level cap, the Ultimate difficulty, Battle Mode and Challenge Mode.

Akaimizu
Feb 28, 2007, 04:34 PM
Not to mention a few alterations to the classes. That is, certain techs and tech-levels now limited to only Force-usable. It used to be that Hunters and Rangers pretty much had just about all the same Tech-access as Forces did.

forevergamer
Mar 1, 2007, 03:53 AM
i wanna see original dragon.he may be easy but he was fun to beat up.and when he flies around and chase him with your camera,that was cool!!although you gotta keep moving or he will squash you when he lands.

Been a gamer before,been a gamer still...

APEXi
Mar 1, 2007, 06:33 AM
del rol le and vol opt would be a nice change of pace. nothing else like them right now. you basically fight falz all over gain in second form of falkis and well, you fight 3 variations of the dragon..

Ryoten
Mar 1, 2007, 08:56 AM
Wonder why no one didn't say a badass version of Kireek. Having him as one of the newest bosses would be cool. I would have to say as for one of the bosses, I'll go with De Rol Le, Vol Opt, & Dark Falz (All versions). Having the idea of getting knock off the raft when fighting De Rol Le or Rol De Lie would be awesome!

Sekani
Mar 1, 2007, 09:38 AM
I don't want to see any of the old bosses back.

However, I would like to see bosses that require a little more effort to beat than simply waiting for the flying giant thing to land so I can hit it.

Jonty
Mar 1, 2007, 11:15 AM
On 2007-03-01 06:38, Sekani wrote:

I would like to see bosses that require a little more effort to beat than simply waiting for the flying giant thing to land so I can hit it.

Heck yes. I'm bored to death by all of PSU's bosses v_v

Sychosis
Mar 1, 2007, 12:57 PM
I personally would LOVE to see a giant fat sand worm boss ala PSIV's sand worm guild mission. The fight would begin with the camera looking over a sand pit with numerous holes in it. The camera would scan across the pit looking for something, but only manages to catch a small glimpse of the thing's tail as it burrows into another hole two times. Finally it springs out of one of the tunnels and lets out its terrible screech. </end intro movie>

The worm will begin by tunneling from one hole to another, as it enters a new tunnel it lets out numerous digas in random directions. Eventually it stops and does the Goshin/Bul Buna "lay down and swing side to side attack." Then start tunneling again. If your character is hit head on by the sand worm as it is going from one tunnel to the next, you get carried along with it, taking damage for every tunnel it enters as well as being poisoned.

Additional attacks include it burrowing underground and charging at your team like PSO's dragon, randomly causing one of the numerous holes in the ground to turn into a pit of quicksand (which deals very fast, but very weak damage as long as you are stuck in it), and an attack where it slams itself on the ground causing digas to fly around as well as a large gidiga at the point of impact.

Man, that would be an awesome throwback while bringing about a new boss to fight. A giant game of Phantasy Star whack a mole.

A man can dream...

Callous
Mar 1, 2007, 01:49 PM
On 2007-03-01 06:38, Sekani wrote:
I don't want to see any of the old bosses back.

However, I would like to see bosses that require a little more effort to beat than simply waiting for the flying giant thing to land so I can hit it.

We have a winner.

Aaron777
Mar 1, 2007, 01:50 PM
and yes I knew that Olga Flow wan't in version 1 on dreamcast....jk jeez...

Itoshi
Mar 1, 2007, 04:36 PM
On 2007-03-01 09:57, Sychosis wrote:
I personally would LOVE to see a giant fat sand worm boss ala PSIV's sand worm guild mission. The fight would begin with the camera looking over a sand pit with numerous holes in it. The camera would scan across the pit looking for something, but only manages to catch a small glimpse of the thing's tail as it burrows into another hole two times. Finally it springs out of one of the tunnels and lets out its terrible screech. </end intro movie>

The worm will begin by tunneling from one hole to another, as it enters a new tunnel it lets out numerous digas in random directions. Eventually it stops and does the Goshin/Bul Buna "lay down and swing side to side attack." Then start tunneling again. If your character is hit head on by the sand worm as it is going from one tunnel to the next, you get carried along with it, taking damage for every tunnel it enters as well as being poisoned.

Additional attacks include it burrowing underground and charging at your team like PSO's dragon, randomly causing one of the numerous holes in the ground to turn into a pit of quicksand (which deals very fast, but very weak damage as long as you are stuck in it), and an attack where it slams itself on the ground causing digas to fly around as well as a large gidiga at the point of impact.

Man, that would be an awesome throwback while bringing about a new boss to fight. A giant game of Phantasy Star whack a mole.

A man can dream...

That'd be really cool.

But then everyone would start making jokes that its a *****....

Then they'd say it's a 'Wii'

Yeah a _______ we get it already.

Skye-Fox713
Mar 1, 2007, 06:41 PM
On 2007-03-01 13:36, Itoshi wrote:

A man can dream...

That'd be really cool.

I think there is speculation of a De Rol Lee like boss in the expansion from the scans in the offical PSU-AOI thread.

And I to would like to see the return of a floating raft boss fight simmilar to PSO with the de rol lee and the barba ray but with the PSU twist to it

otherwise as for the quote that would be a very cool boss fight, it would seem like the only time for hunters to attack it would be the pause just befor it slams into the ground. Yet at the same time people would be saying what a cheap shot that boss would be if they didn't get the timeing right to attack it and such.

Makojin
Mar 2, 2007, 02:20 AM
heh, I'd like to see a VR mission that's basically the original PSO XD It'd give us something more to do.

A2K
Mar 2, 2007, 02:50 AM

A man can dream...

Saint-Milion/Shambertin/Kondrieu version 2?

Weeaboolits
Mar 2, 2007, 03:06 AM
I personally would love to see the old bosses resurected, if only in a VR-esque thing or some side mission with no link to the story, just to see how they'd fair in the new combat system, the battles in PSO were so fun, i'd love to see the original dragon, you come in expecting a De Ragan wannabe then it flies up, so you get ready to snipe it and it burrows underground "WTF?! it can dig?!" XD

Fuji
Mar 2, 2007, 04:15 AM
I wanna fight Vol Opt again. Yeah he was kind of annoying with all those pillars and what not...but really, who here can say they didn't love smashing the screens that Vol Opt showed up on?

Mmm...a Vol Opt Whack A Mole Screen Smashing Mini-Game would be awesome.