PDA

View Full Version : School

Ma_Navu
Feb 26, 2007, 02:59 PM
This isn't a rant, more like a "What should I do? Any ideas?" kinda thing. Lo' and behold, my situation~

In school, I have these two honors classes that are driving me up a fecking wall. My math teacher expects us to learn everything in the first attempt, and is by definition, bipolar. My English teacher, while not as difficult, expects no silly mistakes from the students (by forgetting an unimportant detail in an assignment, my grade was bumped from a B+ to an F-).

So my main question is, next year, should I just not take any honors classes to avoid these kinds of nit-picky, bipolar teachers, or should I rough it out and make the best of it?

Allos
Feb 26, 2007, 03:51 PM
If you're college-bound, take the most advanced courses your school offers. You really won't look like a competitive candidate to any school if you take the most basic courses your school offers.

Ma_Navu
Feb 26, 2007, 04:03 PM
Well, those schools won't look at me like college material if these current classes end up becoming so demanding that I get D's.

In my math class, during the half-point of this quarter, the teacher posted up the grades. I barely made a D. 3/4's the way through the same quarter, after trying my arse off, I miraculously pulled off a low B. But I dunno how long that'll last.

zwandude15
Feb 26, 2007, 10:34 PM
When it comes to me, I don't really think
school is important in the first place. But
it looks to me like you've got a situation.

Like Allos said though, colleges look at that crap.
But if you're not getting the greatest grades in them,
you might as well get a great grade in a basic course.

I don't really see what the big deal is anyways with people.
There's no shame in taking regular courses.
So thier GPA is a bit higher than mine, big whoop.

Do what you think is best dude.

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Feb 28, 2007, 08:53 PM
I say dont do the honors classes so you can get better grades and make it to a good collage

roygbiv
Feb 28, 2007, 10:01 PM
^yeah that is actually not the ticket to getting into a good school.

foamcup
Feb 28, 2007, 11:19 PM
Dropped from a B to an F? You're teacher is an asshole. My 9th grade art teacher wanted to give me crap like that and I threw a chair at her. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I suggest you throw a chair at your teacher.

Solstis
Feb 28, 2007, 11:30 PM
Seriously, you need to take honors courses.

Ma_Navu
Mar 1, 2007, 06:25 PM
Alright, so I should rough it out and take the courses. Thanks a lot for the advice, guys~!

And foamcup? I think you need anger-management classes. xDD