PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PS2: PS2/PC. Things Looking Up ^_^

Kimil
Feb 26, 2007, 03:19 PM
Well, Sunday has given me hope for the future of the PS2/PC servers, we had five stars again in uni 2 around 3/4 pm Mountain time.

-People are coming back
-New Players! Not Corrupted by Haxeta yet either!

Edit:

So please. Ppl (from the 360 servers expecially) (Happy?) stop bad mouthing the population of the PS2/PC servers, because its increasing! Don't scare away new people or returning people with notiuons of it dieing, because it's doing the oposite http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Post Concerns PS2/PC ppl.
Disclaimer
-If you are tired of hearing this, don't read thanks
-If you are just gonna bash the population, stay out thnks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-02-26 12:37 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Feb 26, 2007, 03:20 PM
Sunday? I thought it would've been Friday. >.>

Kimil
Feb 26, 2007, 03:21 PM
Friday was at peeked at 4 stars
Saturday 4.5
Sun 5, but only for like 30 minutes sometime between 3 and 4 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Akaimizu
Feb 26, 2007, 03:21 PM
I, for one, am actually happy to hear of this. I'd rather all areas be successful than anything else. For this, I wish Sega the best.

-Ryuki-
Feb 26, 2007, 03:22 PM
Just wait for the update, I suppose.

Sychosis
Feb 26, 2007, 03:26 PM
On 2007-02-26 12:19, Kimil wrote:
(from the 360 servers expecially)

::sigh::

Itchee
Feb 26, 2007, 03:27 PM
Bad-mouthing and stating facts are two totally separate entities....

McLaughlin
Feb 26, 2007, 03:29 PM
If I recall correctly, the shoe was on the other foot before the game launched. So don't bitch to us about being ragged on.

This is really getting old.

Kimil
Feb 26, 2007, 03:32 PM
On 2007-02-26 12:29, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
If I recall correctly, the shoe was on the other foot before the game launched. So don't bitch to us about being ragged on.

Okay... I'm not bitching lol, just saying we keep getting looked down on by people who can even play our side of the game.

And BTw, way to take something optimistic and try and shoot it down, Thanks lots! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sychosis
Feb 26, 2007, 03:34 PM
On 2007-02-26 12:32, Kimil wrote:

Okay... I'm not bitching lol, just saying we keep getting looked down on by people who can even play our side of the game.

And BTw, way to take something optimistic and try and shoot it down, Thanks lots! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The problem is, we STILL get looked down on by people who don't play 360.

Akaimizu
Feb 26, 2007, 03:37 PM
Well, for one thing, I agree that we should keep this topic on the optimistic front instead of putting attention towards the infamous server debate. Things are happening, and I wish the best for them. I recognize a win for every PSU server, is a win for everybody. I know various people have bad mouthed people before; but I guess instead of the eye-for-and-eye aspect, I'd rather prove my maturity by being civil on the various issues at hand. It's more than I can expect in return, but at least I can say I'm doing my job to cease the old fires.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-26 12:38 ]</font>

Kimil
Feb 26, 2007, 03:38 PM
On 2007-02-26 12:34, Sychosis wrote:

The problem is, we STILL get looked down on by people who don't play 360.

Dude... who's looking down? Why would I? You guys have the higher population lol

McLaughlin
Feb 26, 2007, 03:39 PM

Except, we're STILL being treated as the step children on this site, and it's really starting to wear on me.

Your community pisses on itself far more than I ever could.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-02-26 12:43 ]</font>

Rizen
Im taking a wild shot and saying that you made this topic because of what I said in the other thread (and yes Im taking it personal). I'm still sticking to what I said. I love PC/PS2 version, but the way its been going has be wishy-washy.

No, I wasnt trying bad mouth the PC/PS2 or trying to scare people away, I was stating a fact. Everytime a patch is about to come out, the popular always jumps up then goes back down a week later. Im not basing my statement off of a few days or a week, Im talking about months.

Now that I got that off my chest, Yes, Its good to see the population is rising and yes, I hoping it does continue to keep rising. Hopefully people are seeing that ST is trying to keep the game enjoyable and stick around longer in between updates instead of just logging in right before the updates.

Esufer
You should put the disclaimer at the start of the post, maybe. =P

Kimil
Feb 26, 2007, 03:40 PM
On 2007-02-26 12:37, Akaimizu wrote:
Well, for one thing, I agree that we should keep this topic on the optimistic front instead of putting attention towards the infamous server debate. Things are happening, and I wish the best for them. I recognize a win for every PSU server, is a win for everybody. I know various people have bad mouthed people before; but I guess instead of the eye-for-and-eye aspect, I'd rather prove my maturity by being civil on the various issues at hand. It's more than I can expect in return, but at least I can say I'm doing my job to cease the old fires.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-26 12:38 ]</font>

Okay, sry about that a second ago lol Back on topic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Miyoko
Feb 26, 2007, 03:53 PM
Maybe people are starting to get bored of WoW:TBC? ;p

Kimil
Feb 26, 2007, 03:56 PM
On 2007-02-26 12:39, Rizen wrote:
Im taking a wild shot and saying that you made this topic because of what I said in the other thread (and yes Im taking it personal). I'm still sticking to what I said. I love PC/PS2 version, but the way its been going has be wishy-washy.

I know, I was just trying to point out that at the moment it's doing good (where its because of the patch or not, I dunno) And If ppl keep saying its about to die... People will leave just because people are saying that. So how can I counter this? by telling people good news to keep them in or bring ppl back ins't of caring them of a proverbial deaths entence lol, the population is jumping up lately.

Sry if you thought I was attacking you :/, This just came to mind. (''Stfu'' was not in anger lol)

Tomeeboy
Feb 26, 2007, 04:06 PM
Yes, let's not turn this into a big platform war. Remember, we're all playing the same game here. Anything positive, regardless of the version or platform, is going to help the game as a whole.

To get back on topic, I'm sure that the news about the expansion is helping boost spirits a bit as well. PSU had kind of a rough launch, due to a number of problems that really shouldn't have happened. I think that people like to see that the game is not being abandoned, and the frequent updates (especially the ones addressing exploits) really help a lot as well.

Esufer
Feb 26, 2007, 04:11 PM
Actually, I'd hope, if they do get the security and the population back up, that they'd merge the population (360 and pc/ps2). It'd be absolutely bloody spiffing.

That'd get the kind of population the game really needs for some events. I don't see why they can't merge it, SE managed it for FFXI.

Anyway.
Congrats to the PC servers for their new players and reborn economy. =D

Itchee
Feb 26, 2007, 04:16 PM
On 2007-02-26 13:11, Reigast wrote:
Actually, I'd hope, if they do get the security and the population back up, that they'd merge the population (360 and pc/ps2).

Im all for each version having a vibrant community, but let's not go overboard here.

Akaimizu
Feb 26, 2007, 04:16 PM
SE merged it for FFXI because they had the advantage of another layer of Server protection and reporting. The whole entire PlayOnline system. With this one, Sega did not do the same thing, whereas the 360 version is protected under the XBL layer.

Now if Sega went the PlayOnline route, this would be easier on them; but with the player being forced to kind of go through two accounts to get there. It's a convenience hit, but a definite security aid.

And yes, if these updates mean all communities are thriving, there will be no need.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-26 13:18 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Feb 26, 2007, 04:24 PM
I really don't see why there's any argument in this thread, to be honest.

VanHalen
Feb 26, 2007, 04:26 PM
Well this is good hopefully the population goes up like it did the valenitnes day event

AL1ST0R
Feb 26, 2007, 04:35 PM
anyway yeaaa i did a word of mouth campain with my friends and we got 20 people to join who loves rpg but never heard of psu go figure >.> but i think we all should do this,talk about it to your friends and recommend it all the time hey if i got 20 people to join and if we all get people to join immagine the population growth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

McLaughlin
Feb 26, 2007, 04:47 PM
On 2007-02-26 13:11, Reigast wrote:
Actually, I'd hope, if they do get the security and the population back up, that they'd merge the population (360 and pc/ps2). It'd be absolutely bloody spiffing.

That'd get the kind of population the game really needs for some events. I don't see why they can't merge it, SE managed it for FFXI.

Anyway.
Congrats to the PC servers for their new players and reborn economy. =D

Square Enix was able to link the servers because they already had their own set up. one giant server for everyone, and a universal login. PlayOnline Viewer. Xbox 360 players sign in with their Gamertags and are then signed into (or prompted to create) a PlayOnline account, which is where all the billing and character information is handled.

Sega was simply too lazy to do this, and instead have opted to use Xbox Live's security over producing their own (which evidently, they cannot do to begin with). We're simply billed via our Gamertag (though it is a separate fee), and Sega uses space on Microsoft's servers.

At this point there's no way to link the platforms without a total overhaul of the game. PC/PS2 players CANNOT (despite that idiotic My Room maintenance rumor) just magically connect to Xbox Live. ESPECIALLY without a Gamertag. Additionally, there's no way for 360 players to bounce over onto Sega's servers without a medium for such a thing (IE PlayOnline Viewer). And chances are, one or both servers would be forced to start fresh.

BLACKR0SE
Feb 26, 2007, 04:50 PM
Most of the bashers are people from ps2/pc.Most of the retards are 360.

AL1ST0R
Feb 26, 2007, 04:55 PM
yes i have to agree with you and f.y.i in the begining of psu before the games rel date sega wanted the game to be together as a whole but microsoft god bless them wanted the the headset to be to them selfs and since ps2 hardly any games support headsets microsoft went and made the game for there servers but then again this is from gaming magazines >.> but everything knight said i belive aswell just forthe record XD

McLaughlin
Feb 26, 2007, 04:59 PM
On 2007-02-26 13:50, BLACKR0SE wrote:
Most of the bashers are people from ps2/pc.Most of the retards are 360.

Most of the bashers are from Retard-ville.

Retards are indifferent. But thanks for showing everyone you are one.

MayLee
Feb 26, 2007, 05:00 PM

Edit:

So please. Ppl (from the 360 servers expecially) (Happy?) stop bad mouthing the population of the PS2/PC servers, because its increasing! Don't scare away new people or returning people with notiuons of it dieing, because it's doing the oposite http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If you know what's good for you I wouldn't lump so many people to that because we all are NOT LIKE THAT

I'm happy that your servers are better again but this is really pissing me off how you guys can bitch, bicker and moan to eachother about wich consol is better and crap. I don't need to hear this crap from anyone, back when no one had problems the PS2/PC people pointed and laughed at the 360 players because of the stupid little problems they had and now when they get back at you, you blow up. Well Karma is a bitch you feel me. So I don't need to hear this from anyone because in my opinion, all consols equally suck and everyone should zip it and play it.

Nuff said, I need a nap. -_-

Sychosis
Feb 26, 2007, 05:07 PM
(from the 360 servers expecially) (Happy?)

No, I'm not happy. What is with the snide correction? Why can't you just delete that bit? We both agree it is not needed and contributes nothing to the topic, yet you persist. Why?

Rizen
Feb 26, 2007, 05:10 PM
On 2007-02-26 12:56, Kimil wrote:
Sry if you thought I was attacking you :/, This just came to mind. (''Stfu'' was not in anger lol)
No problem, and I should apologize too. I been a bit defensive and taking things offensively lately.

All I want is the PC/PS2 community to get better as a whole, not just for a little while.

A2K
Feb 26, 2007, 05:11 PM
On 2007-02-26 13:47, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Square Enix was able to link the servers because they already had their own set up. one giant server for everyone, and a universal login. PlayOnline Viewer. Xbox 360 players sign in with their Gamertags and are then signed into (or prompted to create) a PlayOnline account, which is where all the billing and character information is handled.

Sega was simply too lazy to do this, and instead have opted to use Xbox Live's security over producing their own (which evidently, they cannot do to begin with). We're simply billed via our Gamertag (though it is a separate fee), and Sega uses space on Microsoft's servers.

At this point there's no way to link the platforms without a total overhaul of the game. PC/PS2 players CANNOT (despite that idiotic My Room maintenance rumor) just magically connect to Xbox Live. ESPECIALLY without a Gamertag. Additionally, there's no way for 360 players to bounce over onto Sega's servers without a medium for such a thing (IE PlayOnline Viewer). And chances are, one or both servers would be forced to start fresh.

Not quite accurate. Your Xbox Live information essentially replaces the Playsega/Segalink user ID/password functionality. The game servers themselves are still owned/operated by Sega.

Speaking purely of the server, all platforms are essentially the same, with Xbox 360 having a few extra "hooks" for Live functionality (voice chat, "Show gamer card"). Heck, all Xbox 360 players are given a partner card number despite its diminished usefulness on that platform (which happen to all start with "3", which I believe means they don't overlap with any other platform/region...). Those same hooks might even still be in the PC/PS2 servers, but simply inaccessible/unused because there's nothing taking advantage of it in the PC or PS2 client.

The Xbox 360 version of the game is "tuned" for the platform, but--quite obviously, what with the lack of optimization and slowdown--it wasn't completely overhauled for it either. It still seems quite reconcilable, should they ever decide to hook them all up. Whether or not they should[ is a different question entirely, of course...

McLaughlin
Feb 26, 2007, 05:39 PM
On 2007-02-26 14:00, MayLee wrote:

Edit:

If you know what's good for you I wouldn't lump so many people to that because we all are NOT LIKE THAT

I'm happy that your servers are better again but this is really pissing me off how you guys can bitch, bicker and moan to eachother about wich consol is better and crap. I don't need to hear this crap from anyone, back when no one had problems the PS2/PC people pointed and laughed at the 360 players because of the stupid little problems they had and now when they get back at you, you blow up. Well Karma is a bitch you feel me. So I don't need to hear this from anyone because in my opinion, all consols equally suck and everyone should zip it and play it.

Bingo.

MrFortegunner
Feb 26, 2007, 06:56 PM
Not so sure ps2/pc is "DA BOMB" cause to most people it's known as hacker-opolis

Retehi
Feb 26, 2007, 06:58 PM
On 2007-02-26 15:56, MrFortegunner wrote:
Not so sure ps2/pc is "DA BOMB" cause to most people it's known as hacker-opolis

Hacker-opolis? Now you're just making up stupid names, don't add anymore fuel to the fire.

omegapirate2k
Feb 26, 2007, 06:59 PM
On 2007-02-26 14:00, MayLee wrote:

Edit:

Nuff said, I need a nap. -_-

I agree with this entire statement, and yes, I also need a nap.

Sakaragi
Feb 26, 2007, 09:42 PM
I own both a PS2 and and 360. I think its too early to say anything. I just want to play on the servers with more people. More people=more fun. I currently have the PS2 version, and I was thinking of moving to 360, being upset with the state of our servers currently. Having 5 stars as a high point is still pathetic though. Its just too early to decide whether I'll move or not.

Kimil
Feb 26, 2007, 10:11 PM
On 2007-02-26 18:42, Sakaragi wrote:
I own both a PS2 and and 360. I think its too early to say anything. I just want to play on the servers with more people. More people=more fun. I currently have the PS2 version, and I was thinking of moving to 360, being upset with the state of our servers currently. Having 5 stars as a high point is still pathetic though. Its just too early to decide whether I'll move or not.

Honestly, Once you get a five star server, everyone in that server is set. Hell, the population of ppl online at any given time doesn't matter, the only the 5 other ppl in your party matter. If that's filled, you wouldn't notice if there were 3 servers with 5 stars or no server past 2 stars

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 26, 2007, 10:13 PM
On 2007-02-26 19:11, Kimil wrote:
Honestly, Once you get a five star server, everyone in that server is set. Hell, the population of ppl online at any given time doesn't matter, the only the 5 other ppl in your party matter. If that's filled, you wouldn't notice if there were 3 servers with 5 stars or no server past 2 stars

Or for that matter, 6 people in the entire game playing! Seriously, once you get a party, who cares who else is around. It really only matters while you're trying to make a party.

Either way I do think the population is doing a little bit better. I don't know though, I don't play as much as I use to, just because I should be doing other things. I'll prolly play a bit more next week, considering it's my March break, but who knows.

THE JACKEL