PDA

View Full Version : Now that the hacking is gone, should sega consider a World 2

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 26, 2007, 04:02 PM
World 2 is the concept of there being another server where everyone starts over fresh. With the hacking mostly gone, it would be for those of us who wish to wipe the server and relive the hunt from the beginning without any effects from the hacking that has occured.

This is a bit different from the JP release where World 2 became the answer for the My Room crashings (See launch day in japan for more details).

Basic Idea, you're allowed 4 characters on world 1 (or the servers that we know now) and World 2 would get 4 characters as well. The characters couldn't interact between worlds given the servers are separate. You select your world right after your username/password entry.

Of course everything would still stay the same between Worlds, so we could all start on Dark Satelite on day one, but I think the difficulty would be a bit much without doing some other missions first. The other thing that would happen would be the splitting of the servers we have. Given that only 2 is the big one right now, it really wouldn't be a huge loss, there would still be enough room that people would be able to spread out on the other servers if necessary. Does anyone else think we should have Sega set this up?

Itchee
Feb 26, 2007, 04:04 PM
The hacking is gone??

Pics or it didnt happen.

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 26, 2007, 04:05 PM
I don't think it's worthwhile for Sega to do, and I don't think Itchee should comment on the hacking being from 360 and all.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-02-26 13:06 ]</font>

Randomness
Feb 26, 2007, 04:06 PM
On 2007-02-26 13:05, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I don't think it's worthwhile for Sega to do
THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-02-26 13:06 ]</font>

Agreed. No point.

Dante1
Feb 26, 2007, 04:07 PM
why would someone start over at lvl 1 if they have a lvl 70 or up?

vfloresjr24
Feb 26, 2007, 04:07 PM
Who knows. Maybe the expansion pack would have something like this done. Think about what sega has done with pso. they kept the same locations from the first one and later added episode 2 which was a totally different world. I think it will happen but when will it happen is something that will take some time.

Itchee
Feb 26, 2007, 04:08 PM
On 2007-02-26 13:05, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I don't think it's worthwhile for Sega to do, and I don't think Itchee should comment on the hacking being from 360 and all.

THE JACKEL

Touché. ^_^

Rizen
Feb 26, 2007, 04:08 PM
Personally, I been thinking about this for a while now. Yeah, I agree that a second world would be a nice touch to helping out PC/PS2 version getting back on its feet. Plus, it allows people to have 4 more character slots.

Thing is though, with the population being uncertain, creating a second universe would cause unknown effects. Also, the current servers haven't been running so hot either, so I would say wait a bit until they figure out whats up with the current servers then makes a new World.

Rashiid
Feb 26, 2007, 04:11 PM
i wish this expansion info never was leeked out.

XDeviousX
Feb 26, 2007, 04:13 PM
Their are still hackers, sega didn't stop all hacking, just mass hacking and most illegal items being erased. I know for a fact that there are still hackers and there always will be because soome people have to have better sttuff first before everyone else and ruin continuity and surprise.

Golto
Feb 26, 2007, 04:15 PM
Well not sure how the servers are set up but they could take down 15 or so universes on the pc/ps2 and create new worlds if they wanted to. All we need are 3 universes on pc/ps2 and thats being generous.

AeraLure
Feb 26, 2007, 04:20 PM
There's really no point unless they could stop meseta and item duping, otherwise the same thing would fairly quickly be replicated there. Its a bit optimistic to think that after all this time (including years of experience with GG on PSO PC versions) that SEGA stopped CE access of the game. Give it a week until someone posts the method and word gets around and there will be a return of at least the duping aspects. They may have curtailed illegal items and may have made the exploits a little harder to do, but give it at least a week or two before you declare and end to all cheating. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mind you I truly wish they stopped it. Might actually play again were that the case, but I'd want proof it ended before my account expires in April, and they'd have to address the vast surplusses of items and meseta going around.

Anyway, someone else said it best: pics or it didnt happen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AeraLure on 2007-02-26 13:22 ]</font>

foamcup
Feb 26, 2007, 04:38 PM
Our population is small, making a 'World 2' would be retarded. I think Sega just did that in Japan because they had 100,000 people trying to access a server designed for 20,000. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Hotashi
Feb 26, 2007, 04:39 PM
lol hacking is not gone.

VanHalen
Feb 26, 2007, 04:45 PM
We still have City 1 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sinue_v2
Feb 26, 2007, 04:52 PM
No, I don't really see a point in a "world 2". However I would love a patch for the X360 version which allows me to play my PS2/PC character on the PS2/PC servers from the comfort of my X360.

I don't even want access to the X360 servers... I just want to play a non-gimped version of the game from my couch without having to upgrade the hell out of my PC and livingroom electronics.

McLaughlin
Feb 26, 2007, 04:52 PM
You want to disperse your population even further? That's idiotic. The economy can't handle it.

Want to start fresh? Make a new character and solo. It's what you'd end up doing on World 2 anyway.

Arigan
Feb 26, 2007, 04:54 PM
having a world 2 would be an incredibly dumb thing for sega to do over here. . . dividing up the population we have even further would be one of the worst possible things they could do

MrFortegunner
Feb 26, 2007, 07:06 PM
PSU will be turned into a LAG-fest if another world was created, plus, ... i might get lonely on world 1 *slowly cries to myself on how I'm a loner*.