PDA

View Full Version : Welp, I'm a Hypocrit, a Big ole Hypocrit

Kimil
Feb 27, 2007, 12:21 AM
Now, don't just say "Do what you think is best", tell me what you would do in this situation.

Now, I love PSU and the PS2 servers are just dandy, I actually still love the game, thought the population did drop off... I'm usually just playing with Einheart, Sylvia, Ryver (Kosmos... who quit) and Meia, plus any randoms to fill spots. I have good equipment and its fun.

But I just found something out, my parents are getting me a 360 for a Grad Present in june (I don't want a car, too much of a money drain in University if Im living on Compus) And june is when my first period of my subscription ends on the ps2 servers...

I already have a Gamertag, which I used to use for PSOX and still use or Halo2,

One other factor... my mom BOUGHT PSUX360 (And halo2.... lol I already have it.... she loves sales) And She doesn't want me to have two systems online. She said either the Xbox or PS2...

So... When June comes round... You think I should renew my ps2 liscense or get the 360 liscense? Which would you do?

Nani-chan
Feb 27, 2007, 12:24 AM
Come to our side!! or at least just do offline mode for a free 1,000 gamertag points.

Mio
Feb 27, 2007, 12:28 AM
You should stay with your friends on PS2 version instead of starting all over and bandoning them all

omegapirate2k
Feb 27, 2007, 12:28 AM
Well... if you want my answer, stick with PC/PS2, you need all the players you can get, if nobody switches over, you can still have the same fun you've always had.

Not to mention you'd have to start a new character, and by the looks of Maylees thread, that sounds like a kick in the balls.

But post your gamertag though, I can still play with ya regardless of whether you play PSU on 360 or not.

Kimil
Feb 27, 2007, 12:30 AM
My Tag is....

Kimil

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I don't have a 360 until june btw, and then in the summer.... ROAD TRIP1 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.... then.... Work... And school come September

omegapirate2k
Feb 27, 2007, 12:34 AM
On 2007-02-26 21:30, Kimil wrote:
I don't have a 360 until june btw

I wouldn't think so, as it's a GRAD present http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

NPCMook
Feb 27, 2007, 12:36 AM
Well Technically you aren't a Hypocrite unless you switch http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Edit: some Re-wording

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NPCMook on 2007-02-26 21:40 ]</font>

VanHalen
Feb 27, 2007, 12:37 AM
Stay with us on the PC/PS2 servers.

Sekani
Feb 27, 2007, 12:38 AM
On 2007-02-26 21:28, Mio wrote:
You should stay with your friends on PS2 version instead of starting all over and bandoning them all

Makai_Fan
Feb 27, 2007, 12:57 AM
Id switch to 360 course i got no friends on PC/PS2 version lol. Now i made myself sad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

mananas
Feb 27, 2007, 01:21 AM
Which do you want to do?

Sinue_v2
Feb 27, 2007, 01:33 AM
On the flip-side of the coin though, if you start over now - then it makes the transition to later games and expansion all the more easier since you will have less progress to make up for.

Both reasons for staying and switching are valid - so I can't make a suggestion to you. It's something you're going to have to figure out on your own. Though I will say that I throughoughly enjoy Xbox Live, and I think it's worth hooking up with outside of PSU. Chromehounds, Gears of War, Lost Planet, and the upcomming Halo 3 are all very valid reasons to pick up the service.

Kimil
Feb 27, 2007, 01:53 AM
Well, I don't really mind Starting Over.... I getting sick of having EVERYTHING! just... theres little point to play now.

Starting over sounds good, not bad. Why not do this on PS2, you'l say. Because.... Everyone else would be soooo much stronger because of the haxetta to buy btter weps and PAs right away,

Mio
Feb 27, 2007, 02:26 AM
To me you seem already well convinced to switch system. You shouldnt have made this topic then!

I hope you will have more fun starting over then! ( I did it 3 times! But just by changing character, so it wasnt like a suddend change of server... Still kept my friends )

zer05um
Feb 27, 2007, 06:48 AM
well if its a money issue that your mom doesnt want you to have 2 online systems at once, then look at it this way.

PS2 online = free
PS2 PSU online = $9 a month? I think

Xbox 360 online = $10 a month? I think
Xbox PSU online = $9 a month?

Theres no reason to quit ps2 for xbox PSU if your going for saving money, you would spend the same amount anyway. I would personally trade in the 360 copy of psu, its still a $50 game so you could probably get 20~30 bucks for it.

Magician
Feb 27, 2007, 06:59 AM
There's little point in having a X360 without it being online, that's like having a pet and never spending any time with it or petting it occasionally.

Xbox fee, less than $5 a month. X360 PSU, less than $10. X360 memories, priceless.

Make the jump.

Syl
Feb 27, 2007, 07:06 AM
lol omg Chiyo, you're leaving the LE?!?!?!?!?!?! Pffft!

j/k, man, well it's still a while off, you got time to think it over still http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Until then, we can make the most of the time you've got left http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Rashiid
Feb 27, 2007, 07:34 AM
it would be a major jump from photons selling for 5k to selling them to the NPC! lol

its easier to keep in touch w/ friends on the 360 via Xbox Live

Miyoko
Feb 27, 2007, 08:21 AM

Sinue_v2
Feb 27, 2007, 08:28 AM
Xbox Live does not cost $10 a month. Not even close. It's 49.99 per year. That's about $4 a month, plus 1 month free as most cards give you. Xbox live in increadibly cheap - and there's really no reason why you shouldn't have it barring broadband availality.

badhabit08
Feb 27, 2007, 08:30 AM
how do u get ur sega ID and Password to start the game

PJ
Feb 27, 2007, 08:42 AM
Honestly, if your friends were ok with it, I'd make the switch

But that's just me. If I had the care for a 360, voice chat ftw.

zer05um
Feb 27, 2007, 08:45 AM
I was just guestimating the prices, either way the psu price tag for ps2 and xbox are the same, so switching would save no money. You could have psu ps2 with your buddies + char leveled *and* xbox live, or xbox live and a fresh start on psu with losing your PS2 char. More of a personal choice then one you should have others tellin ya to make~

Sethimothy
Feb 27, 2007, 11:34 AM
You are going to be graduating, but can only have one system online?

I choose super obvious yet missing option: Move out on your own, get job to afford both systems online.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 27, 2007, 11:51 AM

On 2007-02-26 21:38, Sekani wrote:

On 2007-02-27 05:21, Miyoko wrote:

SuperRygar
Feb 27, 2007, 11:51 AM
the only thing super obvious here is that hes going to University. i wont give my opinion because im extremely biased against anything called XBOX, i wouldnt quit tho. just because if i put so much time into the game already id want to stick it out with my character and reach as high a level as possible

Natrokos
Feb 27, 2007, 11:57 AM
Stay on ps2 if you care about your friends....Hypothetical scenario if there was a better platform available i'd still not switch from 360 there's too many people i'd miss terribly.Even if I only had 3 or four people to play with.

Rizen
Feb 27, 2007, 03:32 PM
Just to clear up something, you dont need to pay for the Gold Membership to play PSU, you can use the free Silver Membership. So the total cost of playing PSU on either server is the same.

As for your current situation, It really all depends. If your friends are on the PC/PS2 servers, you should probably stay with them. I would say you could split your play time (like I am) between the two, but as you said, you are trying to save money, so I wouldnt suggest it.

Personally, in my scenario, I decided to get the 360 version because my IRL friends were getting it and I had the spare money (already had access to a 360 and Im use to paying twice as much per month for other MMOs). I'm still waiting for one of them to cover his online fee (he waiting to get his own debit card).
Plus, most of the time on PC, when Feb and my other friends aren't on, I was just soloing or leveing another character. So for me, getting the 360 version fit my situation a bit better than it would for you.

But in the end, it is your choice. I hope this helps out a bit.

Sychosis
Feb 27, 2007, 03:32 PM
Don't listen to anyone. It's all rational self interest anyway.

McLaughlin
Feb 27, 2007, 03:51 PM
On 2007-02-27 03:48, zer05um wrote:
well if its a money issue that your mom doesnt want you to have 2 online systems at once, then look at it this way.

PS2 online = free
PS2 PSU online = $9 a month? I think

Xbox 360 online = $10 $0.00 OR $5.99 a month? I think
Xbox PSU online = $9 a month?

Theres no reason to quit ps2 for xbox PSU if your going for saving money, you would spend the same amount anyway. I would personally trade in the 360 copy of psu, its still a $50 game so you could probably get 20~30 bucks for it.

I don't think of it as paying two fees. I pay a fee for Xbox Live to play games online, and I pay a fee to play PSU, just like everyone else. It doesn't bug me because I play a lot of games on Live.

And SILVER IS ****ING FREE. PSU + XBOX LIVE SILVER = $9.99.

omegapirate2k
Feb 27, 2007, 05:00 PM
On 2007-02-27 05:30, badhabit08 wrote:
how do u get ur sega ID and Password to start the game

ARG WILL YOU JUST POST A THREAD WITH YOUR QUESTIONS ALREADY?????

Ah.. just had to get that out of my system... I feel better now.

And indeed Obsidian you're right, if all you want to play online is PSU, then stick with Silver, its free ^_^

PALRAPPYS
Feb 27, 2007, 10:30 PM
I say switch...

But heck, that's me. I can't stand hacking for my life. I probably would've quit PSU a bit ago... or maybe not. Really... oh shoot now it's gonna be the same old "go with your friends". Ah well do what you want...

Don't listen to me for ideas! ><

Kimil
Feb 27, 2007, 11:04 PM
Lol, I have till june to decide... and as things are right now?
I'd stay on PS2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The only REAL reason I'd change is I'm trying to get some of my RL friends on PSU (They loved PSO... why not PSU? THoese fucktards) But they's be on 360 only...

But for now, I think i'd stay, really depends on how things are in June though. So Syl , I'm not quitting the L E anytime soon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif