PDA

View Full Version : GM screwing with me?!!?!? What do you think happened here?

zJ0n
Feb 27, 2007, 03:21 AM
Was doing Parum runs, simple dragon killing stuff, doing solo...

All of a sudden I hear almost like a rattlesnake sound... and the meseta dissapeared within a set amount of time.. I have never, ever seen this happen before. First time ever. The next run was normal. Like it never happened.

It couldent have been a rare run or anything..

No Lag...

Everything else seemed pretty normal...

Was a GM responsible for this?
I have no other explaination.
Anyone have any ideas?
What was this rattlesnake sound?
Why would items dissapear within a timelimit?

Ponder that for a while!

Krans
Feb 27, 2007, 03:23 AM
someones on the reefer.... hah jk i have no clue, weird

Dragon_Knight
Feb 27, 2007, 08:16 AM
You sure you weren't smoking something?

ZX
Feb 27, 2007, 09:18 AM
I think this might be a scam, send me all your personal information and I'll see what I can do. I'll need your credit card numbers, social security, bank account numbers...

GaNksTa
Feb 27, 2007, 09:38 AM
First off, if you leave something on the ground for too long it has the chance to vanish, same goes if you drop a kubara wood or something then about 10 feet away drop a gigantic square of items (1 meseta easiest) and it will also vanish. As for the rattle snake sound, my best guess is that you were indeed on the reefer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaNksTa on 2007-02-27 06:38 ]</font>

SuperRygar
Feb 27, 2007, 10:01 AM
i play this game on reefer all the time and i dont hear any snakes >.< i didnt know stuff vanished...interesting

haha looks like someone kicked out that noob asking random questions in ALL the threads, awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

mananas
Feb 27, 2007, 10:27 AM
Maybe there are rattlesnakes hiding under your bed.

JAFO22000
Feb 27, 2007, 10:42 AM
Snakes on a Floader?

Turambar
Feb 27, 2007, 12:04 PM
There can be only a maximum of 50 items on the screen at any time, so things will start dissappearing after that max. As for the sound.....was it late? Tired? Drunk? Speakers glitched out?

MayLee
Feb 27, 2007, 12:27 PM
I'm tired of the Mother F**kin snaking on this Mother F**kin plane!

Sorry, It was so temping.

zJ0n
Feb 27, 2007, 12:43 PM
hahahahahahahahahaaha

okay no reefer because im broke
it was dragon C runs so id be lucky even if i find 10 items in the whole game

im telling you it was a GM

Katrina
Feb 27, 2007, 12:44 PM
Invisible meseta eating rattlesnakes? hmmm.... I think what happened is:

You were starting to doze off while playing, your little brother was eating cheeze-its, saw a spider walking across the TV screen, and smooshed it with a cheeze-it, sticking it to the TV.

You in mid sleep, roll over a bit, forgetting about that box of tic-tacs you have in your pockets, the tic-tac's shift in your pockets, startling you awake, and further vibrating the tic-tacs. (there's your rattlesnake).

You quickly glance up at the TV, your vision still a bit hazy, just as the cheeze-it falls off the screen. (there's your disappearing meseta).

JAFO22000
Feb 27, 2007, 12:47 PM
Elementary, my dear Watson.

MayLee
On 2007-02-27 09:44, Pixiesugar wrote:
Invisible meseta eating rattlesnakes? hmmm.... I think what happened is:

You were starting to doze off while playing, your little brother was eating cheeze-its, saw a spider walking across the TV screen, and smooshed it with a cheeze-it, sticking it to the TV.

You in mid sleep, roll over a bit, forgetting about that box of tic-tacs you have in your pockets, the tic-tac's shift in your pockets, startling you awake, and further vibrating the tic-tacs. (there's your rattlesnake).

You quickly glance up at the TV, your vision still a bit hazy, just as the cheeze-it falls off the screen. (there's your disappearing meseta).

O.o

Quite the imagination, there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SuperRygar
hahaha http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif that happened to me once...tic-tac anyone?

zJ0n
Feb 27, 2007, 12:59 PM
The sound was mixed between rolling dice, and a rattle snake. the meseta did dissapear.

This is not a joke, i was not tired, i saw clearly what was happening. does no one have a real idea happened. has anyone come across something strange that cant be explained?

it had to be a game master.

JAFO22000
Feb 27, 2007, 01:05 PM
Was it the sound the Mizura make when you get close to them?? That kinda sounds like dice...

I see no reason why a GM would mess with you like this.

zJ0n
Feb 27, 2007, 01:05 PM
ALSO I FORGOT TO ADD THIS:

You know when you pick up meseta, it has little sparkles when you pick it up. THATS what happened, almost like someone invisible was in the game. THIS IS NOT A JOKE! the game had a password.

JAFO22000
Feb 27, 2007, 01:15 PM
So, you're telling me that you were soloing and killing things and there were some meseta on the ground to be picked up, then you heard the rattlesnake and the meseta was all gone.

Were there any items left, or was there only meseta?

How many piles of meseta were on the ground?

Were you just standing there watching the meseta spin around on the ground when this happened?

I still call BS. You have 11 posts. Don't expect us to take you seriously.

SuperRygar
Feb 27, 2007, 01:22 PM
no...i say we create a team to investigate this. we must spend endless amounts of meseta and kill anyone who gets in our way. we may uncover some terrible secret society of evovled reptiles with cloaking ability that goes around stealing chump change.....

and your gonna call something, it should be shinanagins >.<

zJ0n
Feb 27, 2007, 01:24 PM
At most, 4 meseta on ground at one time.

I was fighting enemys, not just standing there. I never just stood there and watched it, i went to grab it before it dissapeared.

Also what does my number of posts have anything to do with it? I have discovered these forums and i really enjoy talking about this game. I see nothing wrong with that, and I am def not conciderd a "newb"

I am trying to have people take this seriously but this has never happened to anyone else, therefor they might not believe it, which is fine. life goes on.

I was wondering if there was an explanation for this someone might know of.

JAFO lets pretend this happened to you, what would you call a rattlesnake/rolling dice sound and seeing meseta dissapear? would you say theres an invisable hacker? no one would take you seriously. well..... ?

Pure-chan
Feb 27, 2007, 01:29 PM
This is clearly the work of vengeful spirits. Splash holy water on your screen before they PM bomb you!

SuperRygar
Feb 27, 2007, 01:39 PM
see, JAFOs problem is that he's elitist. that's clear as day, there's no denying that.

you are a "newb" but you may not be a "noob". huge difference

and second of all, who cares? there most likely is no explanation to what happened. the game glitched, happens to every game. nobody seems to have it happen to them so just let it go

if you want to have a good time on this forum you will have to learn to take things less serious, dont always expect a serious answer and if you get offended ppl feed off it and spew more hate

^.^

JAFO22000
Feb 27, 2007, 01:40 PM
If this happened to me, I would consult with a the people I play the game with first. I would probably then report this to ST and see what they had to say about it. I would then probably post what happened in these forums to see what others had to say about it.

curlack45
Feb 27, 2007, 01:40 PM
On 2007-02-27 06:18, ZX wrote:
I think this might be a scam, send me all your personal information and I'll see what I can do. I'll need your credit card numbers, social security, bank account numbers...

i'm sorry, but were you planing to fool someone?

curlack45
Feb 27, 2007, 01:42 PM
oh, by the way, i think the exorsist is after you, so you really might need some holy water... unless it's the one out of scary moive 2 XD

akratic
Feb 27, 2007, 01:42 PM
But, see, this won't happen to you.

Because it is made up.

zJ0n
Feb 27, 2007, 01:44 PM
yep. i agree. and i def dont take anything serious of what other people say, i worked at resturants half my life, so i know to never take anything serious what people say, its just words. i really do enjoy this fourm, and im glad people respond right away http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif see you in the next conversation !

JAFO22000
Feb 27, 2007, 02:06 PM
Oh, look I'm an elitist again...and there is no denying it. It's clear as day!

How am I an elitist? Because I'm questioning his claim?? Everyone else pretty much made a joke, but I tried to ask him more about his issue. Just because I don't believe what he is saying, I am now an elitist? I never said I was better than him. If you are calling me an elitist because I mentioned that he only has 8 posts, that's not it. I just find in strange that someone who just joined would come in here and post about a strange happening in a game he was soloing and blame it on a GM. Kinda sounds like the people with 2 posts starting a thread about hacking on the Xbox. This was obviously an attempt to get people riled up and/or worried about things ("I can't hack the system, but how can I still cause chaos??"). I feel this is the same type of deal. Were it someone who had posted here more often, I would be more inclined to believe it. If this opinion of mine makes me an elitist, then get me my membership card and subscription to the monthly newsletter. Apparently others feel as I do or there would be more serious replies to this post.

Thanks!

Your pal,
JAFO

Sychosis
Feb 27, 2007, 02:35 PM
You're an elitist no matter what you do JAFO. I learned that a few days ago.

SuperRygar
Feb 27, 2007, 02:51 PM
hahaha dude, chill...i didnt mean to say you were an elitist, just that you were being an elitist by saying that. my bad

JAFO22000
Feb 27, 2007, 02:52 PM
Yes, I've been called that no less than four seperate times in this place. I think I've figured it out:

If you have any kind of question, you are a noob.

If you disagree with anyone, you are an elitist.

SuperRygar
Feb 27, 2007, 03:24 PM
well, no. it has to do with how you make your point is all. the fact that you even brought up how many posts he has makes it seem like if you dont have 100's of posts like you, than your opinion doesnt matter. that's something an elistist would say. and as far as him being someone to stur up controversay, well i didnt assume that. there's no reason to. someone had something weird happen to them and was looking for answers. pretty innocent if you ask me..

Pure-chan
Feb 27, 2007, 03:48 PM
On 2007-02-27 11:52, JAFO22000 wrote:
Yes, I've been called that no less than four seperate times in this place. I think I've figured it out:

I disagree with this topic because I question it's validity. I R LEETNOOB! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kidding aside, in the millions of hours of gameplay which have collectively occurred since launch - curiously - no one has reported has reported invisible, meseta eating rattlesnakes until now... As far as post count goes, it sort of does matter. No one seems to know the OP. Color me skeptical, but the chances of the psow community saying "Why hello there, Anonymous! Of course we believe your outlandish tale of rattlesnakes in space" ...seem to be somewhat slim.

Since we're on the topic, does anyone remember the paranoia from Dreamcast v1 about cs reps having invisible chars and standing in the lobbies/entering games to screen for hacks? ...orrrr the rumor that reps would corrupt you at the doublesave on purpose for logging in with hacks? I think the reason for the scrutiny surrounding this topic is not only because it sounds false, but also to prevent another gladiator spike, invisible GM, photon nunchuck, "omg I figured out how to find a Red Ring" rumor from rearing as it's annoying head.

(...Just to be safe, if any money-devouring ninja rattlesnakes are reading this, please don't eat me!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2007-02-27 12:59 ]</font>

DLShAdOw
Feb 27, 2007, 03:49 PM
101Z I |2 73H 31337357!!!!!!!11111one!!11one1!11!l1eleven!11!11! onehundredeleven111!!!1

Spark_A_Dutch
Feb 27, 2007, 03:50 PM
The "rattlesnake" sound was the enemies disappearing from the screen when you bring them to a area of the map that they can not enter. I have heard this noise a lot being a fortecher and standing back spamming spells. When the enemie gets to this invisible wall they dissapear and make a "rattlesnake sound". They will reapear back in the area they spawned and if you take them back to this invisible wall you might hear it again. Its not every time but I have heard a lot. As far as the mesata I have no clue.

JAFO22000
Feb 27, 2007, 04:00 PM
On 2007-02-27 12:48, Pure-chan wrote:

I disagree with this topic because I question it's validity. I R LEETNOOB! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kidding aside, in the millions of hours of gameplay which have collectively occurred since launch - curiously - no one has reported has reported invisible, meseta eating rattlesnakes until now... As far as post count goes, it sort of does matter. No one seems to know the OP. Color me skeptical, but the chances of the psow community saying "Why hello there, Anonymous! Of course we believe your outlandish tale of rattlesnakes in space" ...seem to be somewhat slim.

Since we're on the topic, does anyone remember the paranoia from Dreamcast v1 about cs reps having invisible chars and standing in the lobbies/entering games to screen for hacks? ...orrrr the rumor that reps would corrupt you at the doublesave on purpose for logging in with hacks? I think the reason for the scrutiny surrounding this topic is not only because it sounds made up, but also to prevent another gladiator spike, invisible GM, photon nunchuck, "omg I figured out how to find a Red Ring" rumor from rearing as it's annoying head.

(...Just to be safe, if any money-devouring ninja rattlesnakes are reading this, please don't eat me!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2007-02-27 12:59 ]</font>

Thanks PC. You are indeed L33TN00B.

Pure-chan
Feb 27, 2007, 04:03 PM
On 2007-02-27 13:00, JAFO22000 wrote:
Thanks PC. You are indeed L33TN00B.

Awesome. Best of both worlds. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

AL1ST0R
Feb 27, 2007, 04:08 PM
lmao im just surpirsed he saw a gm

Eliash
Feb 27, 2007, 04:18 PM
It is obvious what is going on here!

The game got stuck in a for-loop while using if statements to check a function of the type int, that returns the amount of items on the ground, the if statement sent an incorrect parameter and therefore caused the function to cause an error and loop indefinatly with an error sound after each loop overlapping due to the high processing speed (rattlesnake sound). After the break to exit the loop, the if statement was not completed sucessfully so it goes to the default case which makes the meseta disappear and look like someone picked it up.

It's not that hard to figure out this is what happened! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2007-02-27 11:06, JAFO22000 wrote:

Your pal elitist,
JAFO

There I fixed it for you JAFO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

This post is made from 98.64% all natural sarcasm.

JAFO22000
Feb 27, 2007, 04:20 PM
Tee hee!

dudeanonymous
Feb 27, 2007, 04:35 PM
On 2007-02-27 13:20, JAFO22000 wrote:
Tee hee!

hey, no offense or anything but I have seen you in many a topic, and every time I see you in a topic you have to be controversial. So I see why they call you an elitist. You have the kind of "I'm better than you listen to me" vibe to your posts. I'm not saying its what you are going for its just how you come off sounding, but I find it funny so please do keep it up. XP

omegapirate2k
Feb 27, 2007, 04:53 PM
LOL this is a random, random occurence, I really hope Dosun doesn't steal my meseta, or else theres going to be hell to pay...

Akaimizu
Feb 27, 2007, 04:58 PM
Or you could just play a game of Disgaea and you can obtain plenty of
"Hell" to pay.

(Mizuchan makes a mad dash away from the bad joke police, in hot pursuit.)

JAFO22000
Feb 27, 2007, 05:19 PM
On 2007-02-27 13:35, dudeanonymous wrote:

On 2007-02-27 13:20, JAFO22000 wrote:
Tee hee!

hey, no offense or anything but I have seen you in many a topic, and every time I see you in a topic you have to be controversial. So I see why they call you an elitist. You have the kind of "I'm better than you listen to me" vibe to your posts. I'm not saying its what you are going for its just how you come off sounding, but I find it funny so please do keep it up. XP

Oh no worries, I will be me. I don't try to come off as being better than anyone else, but if that is what happens, so be it. Expect to see more in the future! There have been post o' plenty where I started a response, then just decided that it'd be easier to just let sleeping dogs lie.

Tengoku
Feb 27, 2007, 05:42 PM

Preceded by...

On 2007-02-27 10:15, JAFO22000 wrote:
I still call BS. You have 11 posts. Don't expect us to take you seriously.

...and this is why people call you an elitist.

/hijack

I want to hear the rattlesnake, but that's just me. I thought it was a good story... it made me laugh. Maybe it's a new ambient sound or something... /shrug

Dhylec
Feb 27, 2007, 06:12 PM
A little lock before anymore derailing, off-topic & possible warnings...
It's over people, let's take a break from here.