PDA

View Full Version : Why is a Jogiri 54% to synth in my 100 strike PM? WTF?

imfanboy
Feb 27, 2007, 03:59 AM
Now, did the world turn upside down since the last time I synthed long swords, or is there some other explanation as to why the Jogiri is a full whopping 7% lower chance to synth than ANY OTHER GODDAMNED 8*?????

Has anyone else noticed it?

Could it be my photon choice? (I dumped Ray-photons in there 'cause I want an ice one, they look cool)

Seriously. There's something wrong with this scenario, and I don't know what the hell it is. <_< Gah! How maddening!

My PM is a 100 striking PM, so there's no reason for this one board to have a LOWER chance than all the other 8*s stacked in my PM. <_<

Seriously, I want to know if this has happened to anyone else? A sudden drop on expected synth chances from one type of item to another? Or is this some freaky bug I should report?

Makai_Fan
Feb 27, 2007, 04:10 AM
yes happens to me as well long swords get lowerd chance, 49% on normal 9* 45% on caliburns if i remeber right.

Zarbolord
Feb 27, 2007, 04:31 AM
The synth % can depends on photon used. Elemental photons give the normal % while photon gives an 8% boost (or something like that). Also, for some weapons, if I recall well, gra and megi photons lower the % even more... but I'm not sure on that one, I just recall it, so not sure. Anyway, I've synthed 2 jogiris in a row without problem, 12% fire and 12% ice.

XDeviousX
Feb 27, 2007, 04:51 AM
You need mst on your pm because some melee weapons have hidden abilities that rely on your mental stregnth. Not all sword synths rely on straight power...

Ether
Feb 27, 2007, 05:07 AM
On 2007-02-27 01:51, XDeviousX wrote:
You need mst on your pm because some melee weapons have hidden abilities that rely on your mental stregnth. Not all sword synths rely on straight power...

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Zarbolord
Feb 27, 2007, 05:09 AM
.... that sounds rly fake, XDeviousX....

jayster
Feb 27, 2007, 06:21 AM
On 2007-02-27 02:09, Zarbolord wrote:
.... that sounds rly fake, XDeviousX....

Jogiri does have a chance to poisen...

RadiantLegend
Feb 27, 2007, 07:38 AM
Hey caliburn is 49% while the remaining are 55%.

swords just like been a pain...

Rashiid
Feb 27, 2007, 07:41 AM
becauz pure mags are a waste of time and money http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GH-420: she can make anything low percent (she makes a Del Jagnus and Teroline)
she fails high percents (comon 2* dagger???!?!)

% means nothing anymore

imfanboy
Feb 28, 2007, 04:44 AM
You know, despite my bitching, all three of them synthed successfully - 12% ice, 16% fire, 28% lightning. Watch out, Bil De Vears! I'm comin' after you with Spinning Break!

Just... weird, that's all. Why would it be a lower chance?

Makai_Fan
Feb 28, 2007, 04:48 AM
im guessin because normal swings hit 3 targets but that doesnt make sense does it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif
oh an cg on your swords

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Makai_Fan on 2007-02-28 01:51 ]</font>

Retehi
Feb 28, 2007, 06:08 AM
On 2007-02-27 01:51, XDeviousX wrote:

lmfao

XDeviousX
Feb 28, 2007, 06:09 AM
Wow, some people really have no clue about synthing... Melee weapons don't all need straight power, otherwise people would raise it to max and be able to synth any sword, saber, dagger, etc without a problem. Most rely on straight power while others need an extra kick of mental stats. I'm not sure why people think only in straight lines and can't understand that not everything is straight forward. Some boards were made to be synthed by PMs with different stats at different levels. Did you really think it would be that easy to synth all melee weapons and still have them be "rare"... As for weapons with hidden abilities, someone stated earlier in this post Jogiri has a chance to poison enemies and harrison fans have a chance to paralyze enemies.... The chances for a melee weapon with a hidden ability to be added to your attack is low. (Like 1% for Jogiri to poison...) which is why more people haven't noticed this fact....

Last of all, I don't care to argue this point further as I don't care if people lose money or time synthing things. I hope you all think I'm wrong and waist your cash and boards. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Feel free to flame and insult my reply.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-02-28 03:22 ]</font>

Neith
Feb 28, 2007, 06:55 AM
Wow, opinions like that remind me of the 'How to unseal SJS' methods people tried on PSO.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

But honestly, nothing influences synth rate aside from the build of the PM. 100 Striking will ALWAYS be the best at synthing Melee weapons.

I get the feeling that the Hanzo/Jogiri/Caliburn synths are the correct ones, and that all other melee weapons have a mistaken success rate. Reason I say this is because all 7* guns are 60% on a 100 Range PM, and all 7* Force weapons are 60% on a 100 Tech PM. I don't really see why melee weapons would be higher success- I mean, an elemental 7* melee weapon has a better success rate than a gun of the same quality- it's absurd.

Maybe it's a mistake, maybe it's intentional, I don't know- your opinion needs some factual evidence behind it though. If you don't know, 10*+ weapons will likely be very difficult to synth- if you wanna use a hybrid PM to try them, be my guest.

Vhex
Feb 28, 2007, 08:45 AM
Hey kids, stop guessing. Here is your answer: Melee weapons that cause Status Effects have lower synth %. Jogiri, believe it or not has a small chance of inflicting poison on the enemy.

It has around a 1-10% chance of POISON SE LVL 1, its hard for me to calculate the exact % but if you are decent with a sword I'd say you'll end up poisoning around 6 monsters in one Mad Creatures run if you just use Jogiris.

Its because of this I actually prefer Jogiri over Caliburn.

This principle is true for any melee weapon that causes SE.

Moreover.

On 2007-02-28 03:55, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Wow, opinions like that remind me of the 'How to unseal SJS' methods people tried on PSO.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

But honestly, nothing influences synth rate aside from the build of the PM. 100 Striking will ALWAYS be the best at synthing Melee weapons.

I get the feeling that the Hanzo/Jogiri/Caliburn synths are the correct ones, and that all other melee weapons have a mistaken success rate. Reason I say this is because all 7* guns are 60% on a 100 Range PM, and all 7* Force weapons are 60% on a 100 Tech PM. I don't really see why melee weapons would be higher success- I mean, an elemental 7* melee weapon has a better success rate than a gun of the same quality- it's absurd.

Maybe it's a mistake, maybe it's intentional, I don't know- your opinion needs some factual evidence behind it though. If you don't know, 10*+ weapons will likely be very difficult to synth- if you wanna use a hybrid PM to try them, be my guest.

This is rubbish, the formula for synthisis success is as follows. Note: Rounds down always. Therefore Maxing a PM with a stats at 3 and 2 will waste 1%. Always make the stats divisible by 5.

Room Decoration/ Novelty Weapon: Fixed rate

Ranged: Default Synthisis % +/- rarity%/ + (Pm's ranged stat/5)

Strike: Default Synthisis % +/- rarity% + (Pm's strike stat/5)

And the same goes for Armour and TECHNIC.
Note however the base % for armour is considerably lower and there are other factors that reduce percents as well on armours.

Also, S -rank items have INCREASED synthisis rate. Often going at 75% for 10* weapons on a pure PM.

Stop guessing and ask someone who has researched it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vhex on 2007-02-28 05:57 ]</font>

tailz
Feb 28, 2007, 09:47 AM
On 2007-02-28 03:09, XDeviousX wrote:
Wow, some people really have no clue about synthing... Melee weapons don't all need straight power, otherwise people would raise it to max and be able to synth any sword, saber, dagger, etc without a problem. Most rely on straight power while others need an extra kick of mental stats. I'm not sure why people think only in straight lines and can't understand that not everything is straight forward. Some boards were made to be synthed by PMs with different stats at different levels. Did you really think it would be that easy to synth all melee weapons and still have them be "rare"... As for weapons with hidden abilities, someone stated earlier in this post Jogiri has a chance to poison enemies and harrison fans have a chance to paralyze enemies.... The chances for a melee weapon with a hidden ability to be added to your attack is low. (Like 1% for Jogiri to poison...) which is why more people haven't noticed this fact....

Last of all, I don't care to argue this point further as I don't care if people lose money or time synthing things. I hope you all think I'm wrong and waist your cash and boards. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-02-28 03:22 ]</font>

im gonna go out on a limb here and say you have an 80 striking, 20 tech PM
im not trying to insult you or anything, im just seeing if ur backing urself up on making the easiest PM in the game
if you have anything other than that, you will be more credible... otherwise... im not so sure on the whole MST thing

Neith
Feb 28, 2007, 09:54 AM
On 2007-02-28 05:45, Vhex wrote:
This is rubbish, the formula for synthisis success is as follows. Note: Rounds down always. Therefore Maxing a PM with a stats at 3 and 2 will waste 1%. Always make the stats divisible by 5.

So, why would ST make EVERY 7* melee weapon 67% except swords? Formulae mean nothing without backing them up with a solid reason why. Give me a reason why two-hand swords are lower rates for the same star weapon. It's a damn mistake, that's why- all standard Melee Weapons should be 60% if 7* on a Pure PM, same as Ranged/Tech weapons.

in addition, I don't think joke weapons have fixed rates all the time. Del Jagnus (according to the PSOW database has a base rate of 33%. That certainly isn't fixed at 33%, as I've synthed one with about 50% (can't remember the rate exactly)

Also, I wasn't referring to rates for 10*+, have you seen the Materials needed for them? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I'll also keep my opinion on S-Ranks- the Crea Double is only a good rate because it's Crea, I'm almost sure I saw a thread saying some 12*'s were 3X% success.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-02-28 06:59 ]</font>

PMB960
Feb 28, 2007, 11:22 AM
Melee weapons have better synth rates than Ranger/Force weapons because Ranger/Force weapons don't have elemental percents. If a Mayrod succeeds thats it, it is done nothing else involved. A melee weapon on the other hand may only get 10%. So obviously the Hunter will continually synth Melee weapons until they get a high percent hence the small bonus.

Edit: Vehx you forgot to include one thing. Percents increase greatly when using regular Photons, and decrease greatly when using Im and El photons on melee weapons and armor.For instance when I synthed my Megaline for my alt just not the chance was 70%. I decided to use regular photons and that chance went to 98%. Using Im photons would drop that about 30%

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PMB960 on 2007-02-28 08:27 ]</font>

Neith
Feb 28, 2007, 11:42 AM
Yeah, but what isn't understandable is why a 7* melee elemental weapon (Except Sword) is a higher rate than any 7* FO/RA regular weapon. I wouldn't have a problem if elementals were 60%, but they're not- just seems odd that an elemental weapon is 7% higher, and a non elemental one is even higher again.

Koe
Feb 28, 2007, 12:32 PM
On 2007-02-28 08:42, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Yeah, but what isn't understandable is why a 7* melee elemental weapon (Except Sword) is a higher rate than any 7* FO/RA regular weapon. I wouldn't have a problem if elementals were 60%, but they're not- just seems odd that an elemental weapon is 7% higher, and a non elemental one is even higher again.

It's because Melees need the elementals to do more damage; Rangers and forces can just equip bullets/spells to get the elemental %s.

Esufer
Feb 28, 2007, 02:21 PM

*flames and insults*

XDeviousX
Feb 28, 2007, 05:30 PM
Hey kids, stop guessing. Here is your answer: Melee weapons that cause Status Effects have lower synth %. Jogiri, believe it or not has a small chance of inflicting poison on the enemy.

It has around a 1-10% chance of POISON SE LVL 1, its hard for me to calculate the exact % but if you are decent with a sword I'd say you'll end up poisoning around 6 monsters in one Mad Creatures run if you just use Jogiris.

Moreover.

On 2007-02-28 03:55, UrikoBB3 wrote:

Room Decoration/ Novelty Weapon: Fixed rate

Ranged: Default Synthisis % +/- rarity%/ + (Pm's ranged stat/5)

Strike: Default Synthisis % +/- rarity% + (Pm's strike stat/5)

And the same goes for Armour and TECHNIC.
Note however the base % for armour is considerably lower and there are other factors that reduce percents as well on armours.

Also, S -rank items have INCREASED synthisis rate. Often going at 75% for 10* weapons on a pure PM.

Stop guessing and ask someone who has researched it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vhex on 2007-02-28 05:57 ]</font>
Smartes poster here...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-02-28 14:31 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-02-28 14:33 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Feb 28, 2007, 05:31 PM
On 2007-02-28 11:21, Reigast wrote:

*flames and insults*

*counter flames and insults*

imfanboy
Feb 28, 2007, 06:20 PM

See now? That's just what I was looking for from someone to post. I didn't know that.

Thanks Vhex.

Witchblade56
Feb 28, 2007, 07:20 PM
Vhex,

Thanks for being one of the few to post actual statistics vs heresay.

I find the theory about needing mst stat on my PM an interesting one for synthing. I would very much appreciate actual data vs speculation.

Fanboy,

I'm still here and kicking i just got really busy on FFXI. You partied with my friend mercedes aka artemis "Jey" here on PSOW and probably takuchan another friend of mine. Really busy meaning ive been farming BLU spells and meriting on my character. I still play early mornings hoping to nab a black heart for myself however. If you get on in the wee hours of the morning during the weekdays you might find me =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2007-02-28 16:26 ]</font>