PDA

View Full Version : Scammers Beware!!!

Tsudori
Feb 27, 2007, 06:16 AM
I dunno about you guys on the pc/ps2 but there have been a huge increase of scammers on PSU. They give you hopes of getting a great item for cheap then they slyfully remove the item after you have confirmed and run away with your money e.g. some guy on moatoob (surprise surprise lol) offered me a relic edge for 2k. i mean 2k isnt anything to cry over and i wouldve given it to him if he had just asked nice enough. Has this happened to anyone, or has some1 tried to scam you? If so dont suffer in silence, list their name so that we may avoid them when we encounter them. we must ally together to destroy the bandit scum. And on a side note if I were to scam someone off a relic edge at least i would try and shake 10k out of them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Feb 27, 2007, 06:42 AM
I'm sorry, if someone scams you with a trade window, it's your own fault for not paying attention. First you have to confirm, then you have to finalize it, giving ample chance to cancel the trade.

THE JACKEL

Tsudori
Feb 27, 2007, 07:05 AM
On 2007-02-27 03:42, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I'm sorry, if someone scams you with a trade window, it's your own fault for not paying attention. First you have to confirm, then you have to finalize it, giving ample chance to cancel the trade.

THE JACKEL

Very true, well it was my first time actually trading with someone believe it or not lol. im just glad it wasnt more.

Mistle22
Feb 27, 2007, 07:19 AM
Actually that happened to me aswell. Only lost 1000, but still. I say we cement his feet a throw him into a deep lake >:D

Magician
Feb 27, 2007, 09:15 AM
Tip:

Never conduct a trade with someone near a transport crystal.

Easy get-away, remember that.

GunnerGoddess
Feb 27, 2007, 09:28 AM
wow mistle that's a little cold hearted but the person probably deserves it. I haven't really run into any scammers yet but they have to be out there, lurking in the shadows waiting for the right time to strike...ok making myself a little too paranoid there XD well anyways if someone offered that kinda trade I'd know it would be too good to be true and then another name would be added to my blist lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Eleina
Feb 27, 2007, 09:34 AM
wow 0.0 2k and 1k 0.0 thats like the world to any player!!! and well if a trade from some guy feels to benefical for u dont accept it!!! i've had friends givin Illegal S rank weps givin to them in presents(sent my friend directly to see a npc to get rid of them). As your mom's always told u Dont talk to strangers!!! ^.^

CyarVictor
Feb 27, 2007, 10:31 AM
haha. I blacklist most who are spamming ridiculously cheap items cause soon after i hear: "So and so is a scammer!"
Also i have friends who accept the trade window, but only to see if they really try to scam them, if they do, my pals just blacklist them. People are just getting lazy. A few days ago, someone asked me for 1k, but he's a lv40 and couldn't make that fast enough -_-. What's wrong with people.

SuperRygar
Feb 27, 2007, 10:41 AM
if someone wants to sell you something really cheap, tell them to put it in their store and price it cheap for you :/ no chance of scam there. whenever i see someone ask for money, i make them dance and give them 10k+ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif its fun!

-Crokar-
Feb 27, 2007, 01:45 PM
im on page 7 in the blacklisting. is there a max number of pages on the blacklist?

vfloresjr24
Feb 27, 2007, 02:16 PM
well hopefully everybody can learn from your mistake as well as you being more aware of people you trade with. It would be best to trade with people you know and play with. So you know you won't get scammed from them.

XDeviousX
Feb 27, 2007, 02:24 PM
I thought we were talking about the gift scam.. (Blackheart in a gift, choose wisely) or (Crea Doubles in a gift) just so people will buy random gifts with worthless crap I did it once and put a neu walna in a gift and the person was so mad that he bought a neu walna for 5 mill but I gave him his money back. He said he had been takin in by the scam 3 times that day!! I'm sure he duped his cash though so I'm not too sad for him (lvl 37 with 35 mill?) I've never been scammed like that but it is getting rediculous. If they really had a crea why wouldn't/couldn't they just post it in there shops unwrapped??/

SuperRygar
Feb 27, 2007, 02:55 PM
that present idea is kinda cool, but for someone to say that there is an amazing rare in there and for another person to actually BELIEVE it....i dont even know how to end that sentance. its just a very dumb thing to do >.<

omegapirate2k
Feb 27, 2007, 05:10 PM
On 2007-02-27 11:55, SuperRygar wrote:
that present idea is kinda cool, but for someone to say that there is an amazing rare in there and for another person to actually BELIEVE it....i dont even know how to end that sentance. its just a very dumb thing to do >.<

Yes, well some people who play PSU have shown such a lack of intelligence, unfortunately.

kevington
Feb 27, 2007, 05:24 PM
I usually accept scammer's and spammer's trades and offer something like a cold berry, moatoob truffle or 1 meseta.

forevergamer
Mar 1, 2007, 04:56 AM
usually i dont tend to entertain people who i think are scammers.usually i try to turn it around and make them think that im scamming them.scamming the scammers!!!but sometimes when you feel that a person is scamming you dont go with their terms..make yours.

Been a gamer before,been a gamer still...

Turbobrain
Mar 1, 2007, 06:47 AM
On 2007-02-27 03:16, Tsudori wrote:
I dunno about you guys on the pc/ps2 but there have been a huge increase of scammers on PSU. They give you hopes of getting a great item for cheap then they slyfully remove the item after you have confirmed and run away with your money e.g. some guy on moatoob (surprise surprise lol) offered me a relic edge for 2k. i mean 2k isnt anything to cry over and i wouldve given it to him if he had just asked nice enough. Has this happened to anyone, or has some1 tried to scam you? If so dont suffer in silence, list their name so that we may avoid them when we encounter them. we must ally together to destroy the bandit scum. And on a side note if I were to scam someone off a relic edge at least i would try and shake 10k out of them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

funny you say that. some guy came into my shop when I was putting up some items for sale. He was really trying to sell me relic edge for 5mil, then went down to 3mil. I said I was not interested, he just kept on nd on saying what a great rare it was. Ya-de-yah. He would not take no for an answer- in fact I think ghe had these selling sentances macro'd to his keyboard.

Lol. I said why would I pay that for an item I don't even have the parts to make anywayz and don't need. 5million is a lot of money for me.

I am always supicious of trading with ppl I don't know. To much bad experience on PSO with dupes and other worse problems.

It would be good to know the name of this player so if he tries it again I can blacklist him. A waste of my time.

IceBeam
Mar 1, 2007, 07:53 AM
Yall are all crazy.... the game would not be the same if there where no ppl running around making fools out of dumbassez... i say thats what they get to n e body bumd enuff to get caught buy the so called scammers... fukin lozers

tailz
Mar 1, 2007, 01:13 PM
beastiality blackboy got my christmas tree for 8k a long time ago b4 all the info came out on the trade window thing... didnt hurt me 2 bad with the 8k but i didnt wanna sell the tree n the first place (needed quick 8k for an extremely cheap deal on an A weapon in a shop b4 sum1 else got it lol)
ive heard blackboy has taken several items from people, but ya... nowadays, if you get scammed, its ur own fault...
dont trade in game, make em put it in shop... dont buy presents, make em unwrap it cuz no matter how many stars it has, theres an item thats less than 10k in worth with the same amount (citrad and fakis board are both 10*, just like sonics)...
and if sum1 asks you to drop a high star item so they can 'see what it looks like', dont be a douche... every1 by now has seen the boxes, and if u havent, who cares... half the time, that person has A ranks with em newayz, so they can just drop the item themselves... no matter how far away they are from you, ur an idiot to drop a high star item mid-mission... and if you do anyways, for Gods sake, make sure ur leader... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
i played with sum1 who lost a bone dance to beastiality blackboy cuz they were a mile apart when he dropped the item, but blackboy was leader so he booted him n then took the bone dance
in a nutshell- dont be a douche, hang on to ur valuables n buy from shops only