PDA

View Full Version : So how much the new Expansion Game should cost/will cost?

pionear
Feb 27, 2007, 08:39 PM
Topic? Hopefully it will only be $19.99, but it might be $29.99.

AuroraKaijin
Feb 27, 2007, 08:40 PM
I think they will price it at $29.99, But I wouldn't be surprised if they make it $49.99

Rizen
Feb 27, 2007, 08:41 PM
Most likely it will be $49.99...and SEGA could very well fix a very big problem thats been plaguing NA/EU version of PSU: lack of a key code.

Also... Im interested how Xbox360 and PS2 will be affected by the expanision...CD-wise I mean. I guess I should do some research into FFXI so see what they did...

VanHalen
Feb 27, 2007, 08:42 PM
50 big ones

Eliash
I would say there's a high chance at paying $30-50 for it. Most MMORPG expansions usually are either half price or full price of the original game depending on the amount of added content, at least from my experence.

EDIT: The way they probably will do it is maybe release a disk with the normal game + expansion. It may be a small chance that you would actually have to switch disks, however, that is cumbersome.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-02-27 17:44 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
As eliash said, it depends on how much they add.

CelestialBlade
Feb 27, 2007, 08:54 PM
As long as they're still not being smart and putting in activation codes, this is just going to be as pirated as the PC version already is.

McLaughlin
Feb 27, 2007, 11:08 PM
On 2007-02-27 17:41, Rizen wrote:
Most likely it will be $49.99...and SEGA could very well fix a very big problem thats been plaguing NA/EU version of PSU: lack of a key code.

Also... Im interested how Xbox360 and PS2 will be affected by the expanision...CD-wise I mean. I guess I should do some research into FFXI so see what they did...

On the 360, FFXI was sold with one disc. That single disc had all the expansion data on it, and there were registration codes in the back of the manual to activate the content.

I'd assume that with the 360, they might just force us to buy a CD and put the whole thing on the Hard Drive. More than likely though, they'll make us buy the whole damn game again, for MORE than we paid the first time, simply because there's more content to be locked...

Oops. Did I say that? Surely they wouldn't...?

Faendryl
Feb 27, 2007, 11:20 PM
For PSU I'd say it's

WORTH: $10-20 worth of content

but knowing SEGA we're going to be charged $30-$50 easily.

Kimil
Feb 27, 2007, 11:23 PM
I don't care how much....

If they can pull this off on the PS2, I'd buy it

How much more content is on the disks atm anyways?

Tomeeboy
Feb 27, 2007, 11:42 PM
I think it would be best to include the original game with the expansion (it's going to be dirt cheap by then anyway, so there's no reason not to). Adding a CD key would be nice as well, though I'm not sure how it would work if they allow expansion players to play with non-expansion players (like in other games that have released expansions).

As for price, I'm going to say that it won't be any less than $30 for PC/PS2 and $40 for 360.

They should make it affordable and give it a price that would be appealing to a new player, as well as somebody who has been playing PSU. Afterall, if the original game is included, it would be a great opportunity to get more subscribers and increase the player base.

If they are smart, they'll fix every little silly problem that reviewers jumped all over when PSU came out.

Pentence
Feb 27, 2007, 11:42 PM
Im looking at 30 bucks or round that range.Though if there realy is THAT much more i could see 50 being right,but dang it would have to be one BIG expansion to warrent that.

Baku
Feb 28, 2007, 06:33 AM
Well, I am hoping for it to be onlt 30$ since its only an expansion. BUT if it does come out costing 50$....I'll still get it >.>

Makojin
Feb 28, 2007, 11:51 PM
On 2007-02-27 17:41, Rizen wrote:

I agree on the $49.99 price, that seems most likely, since it's not just a network game but an offline single player game as well, that's where the most story would be. It'll most likely count as a sequel and not an expansion offline.

If online it's counted as a completely seperate game, then you can forget everything about compatibility to the original. But should it be just an expansion online, I can see one of two ways it could work on the consoles...

1) The game would include the same code for the lobby areas, which would mean that you really wouldn't have to have the original at all to play the "expansion."

2) Xbox 360 can use the HDD to store new areas for the game. The PS2 version on the other hand you may have to switch discs depending on the mission you enter, adding to the lag that currently plagues it. Alternatively it could require the PS2 HDD, or play on the PS3.

I honestly think they should abandon the PS2... and I have one myself! It sucks when the system that the game was originally coded for winds up being the worst to play it on.

BioWarrior
Mar 1, 2007, 12:11 AM
I'd say probable $29.99... I mean look at PSOGC and PSO+, pretty much the same game yet PSO+ was only $29.99, and retail PSU is down to $39.99

forevergamer
Mar 1, 2007, 12:18 AM
i got mine for the PS2.it cost about 40 bucks.ouch my wallet!!well,thats the cost of being a gamer.still worth it.

Been a gamer before,Been a gamer still

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: forevergamer on 2007-02-28 21:20 ]</font>

pineapple
Mar 1, 2007, 12:23 AM
I bet it will come with a new offline story and be full price ($49-$59). Even if the online portion of the game is more of an expansion than a full blown sequel.

Skye-Fox713
Mar 1, 2007, 12:30 AM
I don't care what the price is, I'll get it anyways. All though to me $30 bucks sounds about right.