PDA

View Full Version : How hopeful are you that (at least) Phantasy Star Generation

A2K
Feb 28, 2007, 05:04 AM
Poll Question: Will we see at least the first two games here in some form? Will Generation 4 (3?... How are they going to number that, anyway?) be revived in the future and the trilogy localized and released here together as was originally intended? Or maybe in some other form???

With the remake of End of the Millennium put on indefinite hold following the break-off of Sega's deal with 3D Ages, the games' release here has been put into question.

I believe it was required of Sega of America by SCEA to put all three PSG games together and release at a budget price. In March 2005, many of the other Sega Ages titles were put into a compilation by Conspiracy Entertainment and released here as the Sega Classics Collection. A similar scenario occurred with Space Channel 5 Special Edition (which was published here by Agetec and included both the original's PS2 port and its sequel).

Personally, I think they would be a great fit for Xbox Live Arcade. It's not exactly the same scenario, I know, but Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is getting an XBLA release soon. If a title of that scope can be brought to the arcade, there may be a chance for these two to find a home there as well. Maybe even some of the better, other Sega Ages titles could see a re-release on the service as well.

Digital Eclipse is the company handling C:SotN, and has released numerous XBLA titles and has actually worked with Sega before with the Sega Genesis Collection (the more-recently released emulated compilation rather than aforementioned remakes).

I'd prefer a material, retail disc release, of course, but I'd be more than willing to on this with the last title currently MIA. Who knows? Maybe even after a release on Arcade, the trilogy may still see a PS2 release together.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 28, 2007, 10:45 AM
Given the PlayStation 2's dwindling lifespan and SCEA's retarded position on the games, I can see us eventually getting them, but it's a long shot; just like we never got Phantasy Star Collection on the Saturn.

There just aren't enough of us for it to be a big priority.

Nai_Calus
Mar 1, 2007, 04:31 AM
It could happen, but flying pigs could also shoot out of my ass.

Hah, they'd better not do it on the 360, I have neither one of those nor broadband. XD I'd have to move and buy a 360.

I'd think it would be PSG:3. Remember that PSIII takes place 1000 years after PSIV, at least in the Japanese version, so the PSIV 'generation' of heroes comes before that.

But yeah, I'm not that hopeful. :<

isahn80
Mar 1, 2007, 10:16 AM
From what I heard, these remakes weren't even that good anyway.

That being said, I'd of course play them on the off chance they ever did make it over.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 1, 2007, 10:59 AM
On 2007-03-01 01:31, Ian-KunX wrote:
Hah, they'd better not do it on the 360, I have neither one of those nor broadband. XD I'd have to move and buy a 360.

Hey, whatever it takes to motivate you to get out of where you're at now.

I almost wish I were on the 360 version so I could include that in the speculative list, here.

Saigan
Mar 1, 2007, 05:57 PM
I think a simultaneous release of the PSG remakes for ALL THREE next generation consoles would be well recieved. But, just like I voted... I won't hold my breath.

Saner
Mar 17, 2007, 02:10 PM
the PS1 and PSII remake look and sound awesome! too bad they havent come to U.S. but maybe later. a PSIII remake would be best of all though.

Zorafim
Mar 17, 2007, 11:41 PM
I just saw a few game shots in youtube, and it looks amazing. Even if it's just a touched up copy, I'd still get it. (some balancing would be nice, though)
I really hope I get to see this. Though, did PSIII and PSIV get the same treatment as PSI and PSII?

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 18, 2007, 03:09 AM
PSIV was supposed to, Zorafim, but the company that Sega brought on for the Sega ageS project kinda flunked out before getting to Phantasy Star IV. As far as I know, there's no intention of remaking Phantasy Star III in that fashion. Time may tell, though.

OnnaWren
Mar 27, 2007, 11:42 AM
Hm, I'm hopeful, but for the time being, no one has the US rights to the games (as far as I'm aware).

Maybe XSeed (Shadow Hearts: From the New World, Wild ARMs 4, Valhalla Knights) would pick them up if we e-mailed a petition? I know that, usually, e-mail petitions don't work, but isn't it worth a (long) shot?

Allison_W
Jul 22, 2007, 10:57 PM
I'm still stinging from just hearing that Phantasy Star Trilogy got CANCEL'D.

You guys are still holding out hope that the PSG series will see the light of day stateside? Something tells me I shouldn't hold my breath, but I dearly hope it comes.

UnholyBlood
Dec 5, 2007, 01:54 PM
They could bring it out on xbox live but there is so much other stuff that they are talking about.....

Reipard
Dec 28, 2007, 01:36 PM
Meh. Honestly, they didn't come over to America for a reason. The both of them look like sloppy RPG Maker games outside of the amazing anime stills and their soundtracks are positively horrid. Not the kind of justice in the least I want to see done to remakes of PS1 and PS2. And I am especially glad PSIV was spared from that half-assed treatment.

The whole thing comes off like they drew all these stills, put painstaking detail into them, then remembered they had to make a game for them afterward.

I want Sega to try again, but better. Show me that they actually give a damn.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-12-28 10:37 ]</font>

landman
Jan 2, 2008, 08:33 PM
I played both games and I hardly see a release on western market... maybe in PSP or in the PSNetwork or in XBLA (doubtfully)