PDA

View Full Version : ...I hate people...

Weakness
Feb 28, 2007, 06:43 AM
Disclaimer I have nothing against gay people, one my my best friends was a lesbian.

First and foremost, yes I play a female character. No I am not gay. Yes I am a guy. I guess I act somewhat femininely, but over all you can tell that I am in fact, a man.

Well this is where my situations gives rise. Everybody who knows me, knows I am a guy, and that I play a female CAST because she reminds me of my RAcaseal. But lately more and more men have been hitting on me, and when I explain that I am a guy I usually get some derogatory remark to the extent of calling me gay.

Well I bumped into someone, we started chatting and getting along. I figured I had just made a new friend. Well after a while he started asking me to say things. At which point I mentioned that I am a man. This is where it started to creep me out.

He kept on persisting. Knowing that I was a guy, he wanted me to act like a woman and say certain things to him.

Now, I have had about a three quarters bottle of rum, and some Ambien at this point in time. I never said what he wanted, or said anything perverse for that matter. All I did was make smart ass, cynical remarks. Yet somehow this provoked him more. I just couldn't understand it. I even told him I was joking around with him, yet he kept persisting.

I mean I know I shouldn't of even responded to him in the first place. But I was at least expecting to get a rise out of him and have him yell at me and call me degrading names referring to me as a woman or gay.

I don't know what has happened any more. I have just lost all faith in humanity. I hated people before this... but now I am just shocked and confused.

-Ryuki-
Feb 28, 2007, 06:47 AM
I don't know what to tell you Valk. I can simply say "People are stupid", but I try to be optimistic.

Carbinne
Feb 28, 2007, 06:50 AM
People transform into strange, crooked shadows of themselves on the internet. It's a place where strange fantasies and fetishes come out and make the seemingly normal human mind look grotesque and ugly. It's not something we like to think about it, but it's impossible to just set aside the fact that you will encounter people like that every once and again.

But it's also not something we can really do anything about; the best you can hope for is to throw in a harassment report and get the guy a warning/ban from the administration. It might be a bit harsh, but just blacklisting people who are too eager to pry into your personal life is something that could save a lot of pain later.

Weakness
Feb 28, 2007, 06:52 AM
On 2007-02-28 03:50, Carbinne wrote:
People transform into strange, crooked shadows of themselves on the internet. It's a place where strange fantasies and fetishes come out and make the seemingly normal human mind look grotesque and ugly. It's not something we like to think about it, but it's impossible to just set aside the fact that you will encounter people like that every once and again.

But it's also not something we can really do anything about; the best you can hope for is to throw in a harassment report and get the guy a warning/ban from the administration. It might be a bit harsh, but just blacklisting people who are too eager to pry into your personal life is something that could save a lot of pain later.

Ehh, the blacklisting has already been taken care of.

Genji
Feb 28, 2007, 06:53 AM
Sounds like the joke was on you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Weakness
Feb 28, 2007, 06:57 AM
On 2007-02-28 03:53, Genji wrote:
Sounds like the joke was on you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

D: I assumed it was too, which is why I egged it on. But it was far to much to be a simple joke in the end.

Edited because I am a good speeler.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weakness on 2007-02-28 04:00 ]</font>

Genji
Feb 28, 2007, 07:01 AM
On 2007-02-28 03:57, Weakness wrote:
D: I assumed it was too, which is why I egged it on. But it was far to much to be a simple joke in the end.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weakness on 2007-02-28 04:00 ]</font>

Some people do have a sick twisted sense of humor.

Weakness
Feb 28, 2007, 07:02 AM
On 2007-02-28 04:01, Genji wrote:

On 2007-02-28 03:57, Weakness wrote:

Some people do have a sick twisted sense of humor.

Eh... Guess I would fall into that category.

Tra
Feb 28, 2007, 07:26 AM
Hmm... you could kindly just say no, unless you're into that stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Weakness
Feb 28, 2007, 07:29 AM
On 2007-02-28 04:26, Tra wrote:
Hmm... you could kindly just say no, unless you're into that stuff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Where is the sadistic drunken fun then?

Sychosis
Feb 28, 2007, 07:29 AM
Same thing happened to me pretty much. Told him I was a man, he kept going.

So I tried to get some meseta out of him, but he was poor. So I told him "no freebies" and left.

Good times.

norrisj15
Feb 28, 2007, 07:31 AM
yeah im a guy and i play as a female newman because their stats as fortetechers are better. I get a lot of the samethings. Once I hit lv 70 and changed to a male cast, my alt, it was a lot more relaxing to play. I'm gonna continue to play my main even though I almost got my alt to 70 too. I guess all i got to say it brush these people off, and most of the time try to play w/ people you know. Yes, its kinda hard to find a group of people u know w/ the current population on PC/PS2, well for me it seems to be getting harder. You could have ur greeting for someone that joins the party to be like "I'm a guy playing as a girl and I'm not gay. " lol kinda strait forward. Well have fun w/ the game and don't let these people make you too mad.

omegapirate2k
Feb 28, 2007, 08:09 AM
Wow... some people really are desperate XD

February
Feb 28, 2007, 08:35 AM
I feel your pain in a way. I've been harassed plenty of times. I HATE when people try talking dirty to me.

KodiaX987
Feb 28, 2007, 10:42 AM
Have fun with the idiots. Give them a physical description that approaches Cindy Crawford, tell them you come from Sweden and you're 20 years old. The amount of stuff you can scam out of potential lovers is unbelievable. If you really want a good laugh, start pushing the envelope and tell them "facts" about you that are more and more unbelievable as you tell them. Their reactions are priceless.

Hell, just by having a female character on RO, I'd simply need to sit in a populated place and people would give me ribbons all the time.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 28, 2007, 11:01 AM
KodiaX... Doesn't RO have a rule that requires your characters be the same sex as what you specify in your personal information? Did you tell RO that you're a woman?

Welcome to the internet, Weakness. Meander around long enough, and you'll find plenty of weirdos to freak you out.

SuperRygar
Feb 28, 2007, 11:11 AM
yeah, i would sit around in the lobby and joke around with a couple guys. any female character that walked by these guys would follow them around asking to go on dates. hahah i just laugh at that..they never get anybody that way. and the ones they do get are like 13 yrs old. MMORPG's are the new dating service >.<

KodiaX987
Feb 28, 2007, 01:21 PM
On 2007-02-28 08:01, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
KodiaX... Doesn't RO have a rule that requires your characters be the same sex as what you specify in your personal information? Did you tell RO that you're a woman?

Of course! I have an integrity to preserve! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

navci
Feb 28, 2007, 04:05 PM
A guy playing a female character is nothing new. Not sure why people make a big deal out of it.

Interestingly, I know one guy who, always requested another guy, somewhat feminine sometimes, but definitely a straight dude (well, we'll go with definitely) to role play his female characters and ... so on. I was a bit surprised at the time but now that I think about it maybe it is not all that odd.

To quote though,

People transform into strange, crooked shadows of themselves on the internet.
That can be very true, and creepy at the same time. Ah, the power of anonymity.

edit: Silly browser posted the message before I can change the spelling of a certain word. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navci on 2007-02-28 13:06 ]</font>

Almalexia
Feb 28, 2007, 07:00 PM
I've met em..in PSO DC long time ago. I don't know how. . .but I don't try to sound hot online and yet they would come at me in droves. Just being regular ol' me. But this one guy was totally into me >_>. He wanted to cyber with me bad and even went as far as to ask me can he fuck me.

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG WTF moment there.

I ran from out of that game, and I deleted his card. Unfortunatly for me he had my card and he followed me for quite awhile. Everytime he wanted to game with me, I came up with some excuse. I think it's stupid. . .I know you can find love online and everything but playing an online game with the intentions of getting some 'virtual coochie' is a waste of money. Go out there in the real world and such for a girl that is tangible. SOMEONE you can TOUCH/FEEL/SEE.

Daikarin
Feb 28, 2007, 07:12 PM
There will always be people who abuse and take advantage of innocent people to satisfy their perverted urges. There is no way to prevent this kind of stuff in the internet, almost in the same way that you can't prevent, say, crime on every street. But that doesn't mean every anonymous entity is a potential buffoon - There are only some people not worth associating to, like I've seen on another thread around this forum.

The internet doesn't come in black and white. It can be a shithole to anyone with the best of clean, honest intentions. And sometimes it can take you somewhere you never wanted to go.

That's how little girls and boys get abducted. I'm sure you seem older than a 10-year-old, but be careful who you talk to, nonetheless. When you see the first signs that something is terribly wrong, just end it there before it gets worse. Because if it gets worse, you'll get even more shocked and confused, and ultimately, enraged to meet people that low. Block that idiot or something, and forget whoever he or she was.

And if you're having any kind of identity issues right now, just remember that one thing is who you are, and another thing is what that retard saw in you.

I believe trust must be earned, especially in these cases.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2007-02-28 16:29 ]</font>

RedBoxHunter
Mar 3, 2007, 12:18 AM
If anything, men who play male characters have more homosexual tendencies than you do. I mean, at least you spend your playtime staring at a female character's backside.

DonRoyale
Mar 3, 2007, 12:20 AM
On 2007-02-28 03:47, RyukiZero wrote:
I don't know what to tell you Valk. I can simply say "People from Universes 1 and 2 are stupid", but I try to be optimistic.

Tsk tsk.

Fixed.