PDA

View Full Version : A second Chance For PSU

DizzyDi
Feb 28, 2007, 09:13 PM
Wishful thinking.

Kimil
Feb 28, 2007, 09:13 PM
With the new expansion coming... Sega can do things right this time in North America and Europe.

One thing that hurt PSU, was the low rating because of the low content on release. This time.... Sega should release the majority of content on the first day, or give the Reviewers the full content prior to release so PSU V2 will get good rating this time. ONe reason that NONE of my RL friends, who lover PSO, never got PSU was because of their blind faith in Gamespy's '6.3' rating of PSU. a 8 or 9 out of ten would up the population for sure.

Another Thing Sega could do... DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT let Hacking happen, or rollback if it ever does.

Merge the servers. Now, I know the risks in this...the possibility of PC being a loopwhole that could leak hacks into the 360 version... but assume SEGA has the hacking fixed. Now... there was an incident in which players from teh JP PC/PS2 servers accessed the 360 DEMO servers a few months back. (Correct me if I'm wrong here), this shows Merger is possible. Merging the servers would bring only a plus to the population (again, if hacking is quelled now).

I noticed something... Sega has ACTUALLY listenned to the customers this time. PPL wanted Slicers, Whips, MAGs, Left handed Tech weps and stuff from teh old game, and we have them now... Make me wonder if Sega is reading this forum everyone now and again. I wonder what else they listened to? like... customizing classes?

Hmm, I think... PSU (PC/PS2 at least) has a second chance at life. 360's population is fair, because ppl on XBL noticed the demo and loved it. If Sega can get a GOOD rating this time in NA, and maybe do some TV adds, PSU could very well thrive this time around.

Kimil
Feb 28, 2007, 09:15 PM
Nothing wrong with hoping

VanHalen
Feb 28, 2007, 09:15 PM
Wait I thought you Kimil our representative was trying to leave us http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kimil
Feb 28, 2007, 09:17 PM
lol! Representative?

And Naw, I was having ill feelings about the population of PS2/PC. But I'm fine with it now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Not to mention... the Expansion has shone some hope down

NPCMook
Feb 28, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-02-28 18:13, Kimil wrote:
I noticed something... Sega has ACTUALLY listenned to the customers this time. PPL wanted Slicers, Whips, MAGs, Left handed Tech weps and stuff from teh old game, and we have them now... Make me wonder if Sega is reading this forum everyone now and again. I wonder what else they listened to? like... customizing classes?
oh boy... now the confusion will ensue:

"What Mag is that?"
"GH 410"
"No your Mag"
"Yeah its GH 410"

gotta love how people just started putting terms where they didn't belong

Sychosis
Feb 28, 2007, 09:23 PM
No go on server merging. Everything else would be great though.

How about some CD keys this time SEGA?

VanHalen
Feb 28, 2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah I considered you our representative cause you try to show hope for us( I mean I can't wait to see if the population goes up for the update) and the expansion will bring some more people too I know it. As long as they make sure none of the hacked S-rank things happen again.

Dj_SkyEpic
Feb 28, 2007, 09:31 PM
If Sega is listening to the public, then...

Please make male characters capable of removing and attaching a beard/mustache/etc. Thank you ;3~

Neith
Feb 28, 2007, 09:37 PM
It's like they're trying to reel in the PSO fans again, judging by what I've seen. There seems to be a LOT of PSO-orientated content in this expansion..

Midicronica
Feb 28, 2007, 09:41 PM
On 2007-02-28 18:23, Sychosis wrote:
No go on server merging. Everything else would be great though.

My thoughts exactly.

Emrald
Feb 28, 2007, 09:51 PM
Server merging would be a GREAT way to boost the population, but the voice thing would be the only problem...plus they don't have a mediam....so...i dunno

Kimil
Feb 28, 2007, 09:53 PM
Voice? Just make it so the Voices come out of the Stereos (For PS2 users, and make it optional for PC ) And of course, Text is Universal .

And VanHalen, THank you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PALRAPPYS
Feb 28, 2007, 09:53 PM
No server merging, plz

Thank you very much. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Emrald
Feb 28, 2007, 09:54 PM
I'd love it becuase then we'd have a nice big population and then no one could go saying OMG WE'RE BETTER THEN YOU

Kimil
Feb 28, 2007, 10:01 PM
On 2007-02-28 18:54, coolcat33333 wrote:
I'd love it becuase then we'd have a nice big population and then no one could go saying OMG WE'RE BETTER THEN YOU

EXACTLY.

It would end Consule Battles

APEXi
Feb 28, 2007, 10:04 PM
I'm better than you

-Rune-
Feb 28, 2007, 10:07 PM
I wish we WOULD merge so we can stop most of these petty arguments and get back to this being a great forum to speak in. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

APEXi
Feb 28, 2007, 10:08 PM
server segregation, man!

NPCMook
Feb 28, 2007, 10:10 PM

Nope will only make it worse... comment boxes with "Xbox 360 players only" and so forth will insue

Kimil
Feb 28, 2007, 10:11 PM
On 2007-02-28 19:10, NPCMook wrote:

Nope will only make it worse... comment boxes with "Xbox 360 players only" and so forth will insue

Oh Ya? Why's do you think that? I can't good reason why someone would do this...
<They can't speak? Boot! I don't wanna have to read http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif >

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-02-28 19:13 ]</font>

APEXi
Feb 28, 2007, 10:12 PM
yknow i should do that, PC only... i'm not the only one that notices ps2 users laggin in bruce and whatnot am i?

edit: then again theres probably just as many people out there running on 486-like hardware..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: APEXi on 2007-02-28 19:13 ]</font>

-Rune-
Feb 28, 2007, 10:14 PM
It's a shame games are getting just as bad as rl now. I used to escape work and bs to come to fun and relaxation. Now people on games try to make others feel worse than they feel, whatever happened to the good online communities? Wait there never were none... I forgot my point.. xD

natewifi
Feb 28, 2007, 10:36 PM
Server merging is the best idea. Everyone thats on the 360 has been hearing all this stuff about hacking and w/e, but its really not bad anymore. We need a huge population, all these excuses to try and curve around the idea of merging servers is b/s aka the headset issue, hacking, ect. I think I speak for all my PS2 friends that putting the servers together is GOING to make our population last long. Back then everyone expected the PS2 to have a way bigger population on PS2 than 360, well everyone who thought that...you dropped your face http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif . I feel where 360 players are coming from when they say no there is hacks, but take my word as a 360 and PS2 player the only main problem is the money mostly (only like 2 people have carriguine rucar). Its a great idea IMO, from my expiriences.

Sychosis
Feb 28, 2007, 10:52 PM
I would go into more detail as to why I don't want the servers merged, but Flame War #45356 will not be brought about by my hand.

Mattardo
Feb 28, 2007, 11:04 PM
If all the content had been released in this game, people would have blasted through it. Sega's trying to drag out our subscriptions. Things now take forever to accomplish. Feed your mag too much? You wait! You want to make weapon? You wait! You want better weapons? You wait! You have your PA to level 20? That's nice: You wait! You wanna use the bathroom? You wait! Why would anyone think that Sega, who is making money off of monthly subscriptions, would ever release a bunch of stuff right off the bat in this new-and-improved PSU addon thing? ANd if Sega merges the servers and I have to listen to some 14 year gangsta-wannabe playing rap while im playing, I'll personally find Sega and kick them in the shins.

Sekani
Feb 28, 2007, 11:27 PM

This can't happen, because then I'd lose my reason for living.

Seira7
Feb 28, 2007, 11:52 PM
Another thumbs down for server merging.
Although it seems like the people that want the merge most, play ps2/pc. Go figure. You guys have gameguard, we have microsoft. I bought a 360 for PSU, and feel I've got my moneys worth so far *shrug*

DraginHikari
Mar 1, 2007, 12:10 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing them merge honsetly.

Chaobo99
Mar 1, 2007, 12:13 AM
it'll be back to console guilds and mayjor war..better seperate on my opinion..everything else...k

Turbobrain
Mar 1, 2007, 12:26 AM
It would be great if Sega could make use of the PS2 hard-drive, to buffer/cache data and thus drastically reduce lag. That way I see no reason why voice chat would not be possible on PS2.I know it's VERTY easy to install a HD on the fat PS2(SCE emailed me the linux based dev specs a few years back). Iven unofficially it is simple enough.

As for the sim PS2 I'm not sure how easy installing a HD but for the price of an external USB based HD and the time it would save, it would be wel worth it.

Though voice chat IMO is not tecghinacly a issue on PS2. Just down to sloppy programming. I mean, I play Socom on PSP with perfect voice chat, Metroid Prime on DS with voice chat. So on.

Merging the servers just won't happen IMO. This is because of M$ greed. There ws NO reason whatsoever why PSU could not have been released on the 'old' XBox. In fact the PC code could prob be easily modified for XBox(as it uses same instruction set). It was M$ that discouraged developers from releasing titles so as to encdourage people to buy the 360 system.(aholes). I used to be such a XBox fanboy till M$ killed the original XBox.

What would be REALLY cool I if they realesed a version that is optimized for PS3, or even update the existing version, I know the PS3 enulates PS2 games but it would again not take too much work to modify the code.

Although I play the PS2 even though I have a machine that would run the game well, it would also be great if I could use the same account for a PC version. I could play th game on PC on jouneys(with wireless or possibly 3G if it would handle the speed)........ Asgain I really don't see why I can't use my account interchangably between PC and PS2.

All a pipedream I guess.

What would REALLLY rule is if Sega realesed some kinfd of PSP PSU supplement game like Socom PSP works with Socom3. Though #I could se potential hacking issues. Still it would be neat.

One thing that would be GREAT would be if you could design your own clothes/logos.

The possibilities are endless.

forevergamer
Mar 1, 2007, 12:28 AM
it would be nice if they can bring back some of the old stuffs.like slicers and whips being able to wield a weapon left handed.and maybe do something bout the facial hair too!!i love the old sega PS and it would be nice to see those features being added here.

Kimil
Mar 1, 2007, 01:05 AM
Lol, damn... -_-, If they don't merge the servers, I'll probably switch ... No wait if they DO merge, I'll stwich without second thought!... So I guess.... I'l switching either way?

A2K
Mar 1, 2007, 01:32 AM
On 2007-02-28 21:26, Turbobrain wrote:
Asgain I really don't see why I can't use my account interchangably between PC and PS2.

No one told you? You can already.

Sinue_v2
Mar 1, 2007, 01:48 AM
PS2/PC player here, and a big thumbs *down* for server merging. However, I would like the oppertunity to acces my PS2/PC information and play on the ps2/pc servers from my Xbox 360. I just want better hardware that I can access from my couch without having to spend the dough integrating my PC into my home entertainment center. I also only want to have to pay 1 Guardian's Licence fee.

Two other things I want: More Classic PS integration. Recreations of older areas like Lassic's Air Castle, Baya Malay Tower, Gauron Mortuary, Soldiers Fortress, or maybe just for fun, one of the old towns like Paseo, Camineet, or Piata. Classic clothes and hairstyles. Kyra's Robes, a "Motavian/Dezolian" costume, Alisa's dress, Alys's battle gear, Nei's Leotard, Rolf's Agent Suit, ect.

Also: LEFT HANDED SHEILDS TO BOOST DEFENSE WHEN ACTIVE!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-03-01 00:18 ]</font>

Sychosis
Mar 1, 2007, 01:53 AM
On 2007-02-28 22:48, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Two other things I want: More Classic PS integration. Recreations of older areas like Lassic's Air Castle, Baya Malay Tower, Gauron Mortuary, Soldiers Fortress, or maybe just for fun, one of the old towns like Paseo, Camineet, or Piata. Classic clothes and hairstyles. Kyra's Robes, a "Motavian/Dezolian" costume, Alisa's dress, Alys's battle gear, Nei's Leotard, Rolf's Agent Suit, ect.

Can I give you a big ol' sloppy man kiss?

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 1, 2007, 07:38 AM
On 2007-02-28 21:10, DraginHikari wrote:

I wouldn't care if they merged, but I'd feel horrible for the people that switched to the 360 and spent all that extra money. But I suppose they'd end up with access to both accounts and choose which one they wanted in the end.

THE JACKEL

Rashiid
Mar 1, 2007, 07:42 AM
On 2007-02-28 18:53, PALRAPPYS wrote:
No server merging, plz

Thank you very much. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sylpheed
Mar 1, 2007, 08:46 AM
All the people agreeing with server merging are mostly on the PS2/PC servers they want to merge cause they know our community is better than theirs XD

Sychosis
Mar 1, 2007, 08:51 AM
Flame War #45356

Begin!

Mio
Mar 1, 2007, 08:52 AM
On 2007-03-01 05:46, Sylpheed wrote:
All the people agreeing with server merging are mostly on the PS2/PC servers they want to merge cause they know our community is better than theirs XD

-.-

amtalx
Mar 1, 2007, 10:10 AM

I think that's a little harsh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif As a 360 player my only worry is that a merger will destroy the economy, which has been a lot of fun to play around with so far since its pretty much untouched on 360. If Sega and MS could join forces and bring the hammer down on hacking I would love a merger. If the community gets larger everyone wins.

Kimil
Mar 1, 2007, 11:01 AM
On 2007-03-01 05:52, Mio wrote:

-.-

Lol wow... Another flame war in my thread beginning? ><

-Rune-
Mar 1, 2007, 04:08 PM

Really what is your problem? You must be one of the people who like kicking people while they are down. <.<;

Akaimizu
Mar 1, 2007, 04:17 PM
On 2007-03-01 13:08, -Rune- wrote:

Really what is your problem? You must be one of the people who like kicking people while they are down. <.<;

That's a good amount of people on this forum. All platforms included.

It's also painstakingly obvious that the servers weren't linked due to adding a heck of a lot of vulnerability to the Live model by bringing in other platforms without a similar unified layer of protection in. Sega wasn't going to do a unified protective layer like SE did with PlayOnline (which separated itself from Live), so that's that.

It may not be possible to link the servers, but please people have to do something about their constant flame console warring they just HAVE to include with every comment.

pokefiend
Mar 1, 2007, 04:24 PM
merging will never happen since Microsoft won't allow it.

Maridia
Mar 1, 2007, 04:31 PM
Before this goes nuts, I'll note that the guy put an XD at the end of his thing, meaning he was only being playful and teasing. If everyone starts going OMG YOU BIG MEAN JERK :E then you're all just a bunch of grumps. Lighten up.

It was OBVIOUSLY a joke because everyone knows that the 360 community are all stooooopid XD

VanHalen
Mar 1, 2007, 07:26 PM
On 2007-03-01 04:38, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2007-02-28 21:10, DraginHikari wrote:

I wouldn't care if they merged, but I'd feel horrible for the people that switched to the 360 and spent all that extra money.
THE JACKEL

I wouldn't feel bad for them

Sekani
Mar 1, 2007, 10:39 PM
On 2007-03-01 13:17, Akaimizu wrote:
but please people have to do something about their constant flame console warring they just HAVE to include with every comment.

On this forum? Won't ever happen. Might as well conform and be an elitist fanboy like everyone else http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Niered
Mar 2, 2007, 12:27 AM
On 2007-02-28 18:22, NPCMook wrote:

On 2007-02-28 18:13, Kimil wrote:
oh boy... now the confusion will ensue:

"What Mag is that?"
"GH 410"
"No your Mag"
"Yeah its GH 410"

gotta love how people just started putting terms where they didn't belong

Actually, thats untrue since the weapon is called a madoog, so people will probably just end up calling it that.

Alisha
Mar 2, 2007, 02:01 AM
for the record on ffxi all servers are linked and people still bitch that ps2 limitations are holding them back. kinda funny since the most recent expansion looks better than FFXII

Asuri
Mar 2, 2007, 02:16 AM
well time to put in my word ehh, i play 360, imo no console.thing beats any, just games, and in this case the games are all psu so thats done with. The server merging is a great idea If the hacking is stopped on the PS2/PC servers. I doubt it would ever happen due to the fact that microsoft is far to protective of live and will be worried about the pc hacks.

VanHalen
Mar 2, 2007, 02:30 AM
On 2007-03-01 23:16, Asuri wrote:
well time to put in my word ehh, i play 360, imo no console.thing beats any, just games, and in this case the games are all psu so thats done with. The server merging is a great idea If the hacking is stopped on the PS2/PC servers. I doubt it would ever happen due to the fact that microsoft is far to protective of live and will be worried about the pc hacks.

the hacking was stopped last week

Asuri
Mar 2, 2007, 02:46 AM
it may have been stopped but some ppl rly know there stuff, it could strike up again, and even if it is COMPLETELY destroyed, microsoft wont do it

VanHalen
Mar 2, 2007, 02:55 AM
On 2007-03-01 23:46, Asuri wrote:
it may have been stopped but some ppl rly know there stuff, it could strike up again, and even if it is COMPLETELY destroyed, microsoft wont do it

Well let's hope it is COMPLETELY destroyed. I want people to come back to our servers so we can have a pretty big population too. I know some people know there stuff I'm just hoping sega knows that and keeps a step ahead of them to keep what happened to happen again.

Valius
Mar 2, 2007, 03:15 AM
On 2007-02-28 22:48, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Second that! Manual guarding, just have the PP deplete when you block with it. It would give people another reason to go with single sabre/dagger.

As for server merging, I play PS2 and I don't care either way. It would bring some pros and some cons.