PDA

View Full Version : Do you really think PSU data will be transferable to PSU ep.

Vhex
Mar 1, 2007, 08:51 AM
Do you really think SEGA will make our character accounts transferable to the sequel of PSU, PSU ep.2:aoi?

From what I've seen it either is a HUGE expansion, but possibly... an entirely new game. If its the latter, I highly doubt we will be able to use our PSU data which really sucks.

I really don't feel like going to 70/10 all over again...

BioWarrior
Mar 1, 2007, 08:54 AM
They already said its an expansion long ago so I dont see why they wouldnt let us transfer them. Btw its episode 3 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Vhex
Mar 1, 2007, 08:57 AM
Yeah but this is SEGA we are talking about.
:P

Sychosis
Mar 1, 2007, 09:06 AM
On 2007-03-01 05:57, Vhex wrote:
Yeah but this is SEGA we are talking about.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The same SEGA that let us transfer our characters from v1 to v2?

You don't say...

Almalexia
Mar 1, 2007, 09:19 AM
Not doing so would really kill the game.

Nuclearranger
Mar 1, 2007, 09:33 AM
They will be transferable at least for a fee...

Itchee
Mar 1, 2007, 09:41 AM
Transferable? Hardly.
I expect level demotions from Sega Team.

LVL. -10 ??
WTF!

majan
Mar 1, 2007, 10:07 AM
okay so its rather obvious that were getting an expansion...now for the dumb and somewhat fundamental question....do our characters and items etc etc carry over?or do we start over?because if we start over,I will be fairly pissed.in fact,Ill be very very pissed.

Seira7
Mar 1, 2007, 10:27 AM
Well, from a business perspective, not letting us transfer would make no sense at all. All the people playing PSU, will want to play the expansion. Maybe a few new players will join but lets face it, we are PSU's population. Taking away 1-2 years hard work and making us start again in order to enjoy all the new goodies, well, many would consider quitting. They need all the players they can get^-^

PMB960
Mar 1, 2007, 10:31 AM
I think this expansion is just an update for PSU and doing it on disc is the only way they could do that since both the PS2 and 360 version are not required to have HDD. They probably couldn't put everything they wanted to on one disc or just figured they would split everything and make us pay more money for an expansion down the road. Its probably a little of both.

JAFO22000
Mar 1, 2007, 10:33 AM
EVERYTHING character related is saved server side. There really is nothing to transfer. We will be accessing our character(s) from a different disk.

Solo_Wing
Mar 1, 2007, 10:34 AM
A translation of the beta test said you can either start over or you can transfer current charater over to the beta server to play. if its possible to do it on the beta then i see no reason why it wont on the full game.

Garnet_Moon
Mar 1, 2007, 10:36 AM
Well if we have to start over i've still got WoW and Lineage 2; and those are extremely fun. I may add Guild Wars to my reservoire soon. :3

If we have to start over i'm leaving. They coded PSU poorly, but if they can't put our chars on the new stuff then screw it.

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 1, 2007, 10:45 AM
considering your character is stored server side, I'm quite sure it'll be transferable

THE JACKEL

Rashiid
Mar 1, 2007, 11:09 AM
im sure it will, but even if not, o well, i dont mind making another character fresh

Callous
Mar 1, 2007, 11:30 AM
Of course they'll let you transfer your character.

Kimil
Mar 1, 2007, 11:36 AM
Alright, But How about this, mentioned before BUT PPL IGNORED HIM!:

-Items Tranferable?
-Meseta Transferable?
-Weapons?
-Level?
-PM?
-Room?
-Clothes?

I'm half expecteing Sega to take away our Meseta because of the PS2/PC inflation. And maybe restric us to as many weapons as we can equip?

DoubleZero
Mar 1, 2007, 11:37 AM
What I want them to do is give us a one-time re-editing of our characters mid-transfer: Any facial, proportional, Voice or name changes would happen in that one single instant from PSU to PSU:AoI, and only then. I know a few people who'd want to change their voices (seeing as you can't sample them on PSU PC currently...)

JAFO22000
Mar 1, 2007, 11:53 AM
EVERYTHING should be accessable...all of this information is on their servers.

You can access your Yahoo email account and read your emails from any computer you have access to, as long as you have your login and password, right??? Same concept here.

tailz
Mar 1, 2007, 12:23 PM
it better be transferrable... which ya, being on the server side, not being tranferrable shouldnt even be an option... if its not transferrable, ill stay just to laugh at sega for making the worst business decision of the phantasy star series http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
by the way, have you seen the new weapons?!
(just in case- http://www.tgfcer.com/club/thread-5846575-1-1.html)

Mio
Mar 1, 2007, 01:32 PM
Do you noticed all the articles talking about the expansion account it being for XBOX and PS2 and never talk about PC? Will theyr way of fighitin hacker is ditching the PC outside of Illuminas?

Saigan
Mar 1, 2007, 01:35 PM
Did the WoW people have to start over for burning crusade? Did the FFXI people have to start over for Zilart, Promathia, or Aht Urgan? What about the several expansions for Star Wars Galaxies or Everquest?

Has the ever been an expansion for an online game that forced you to start over?

It won't be a brand new game- PSU hasn't even been out for 7 months yet.

akratic
Mar 1, 2007, 02:21 PM
The people who post here get dumber everyday.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 1, 2007, 03:32 PM
Sega has surprised me before, but I don't see that we should be needing to restart our characters; most particularly since the game will be carrying over on the same consoles. We had a lot of start-overs in PSO, but that was due to the game moving from one console to another; in the two cases where the game was released twice on the same console (DCv1 -> DCv2, GC -> GC+), it was simply a matter of starting the game with a new disc.

Furthermore, it's a standard in MMO's that your characters get pulled into the requirements for an expansion, whether you obtained the software to gain access to the content or not.

All things considered, they've had this planned since the beginning, and I've seen a great deal of passages closed off in lobbies (Lake Denes, for example), that I can only speculate are reserved for Ambitions of Illuminas.

-Rune-
Mar 1, 2007, 03:40 PM
Yea, i really don't see them making us begin again, it just wouldn't make sense. Best not to worry about it til it arrives. I WANT DATES XD

Natrokos
Mar 1, 2007, 03:52 PM
On 2007-03-01 11:21, akratic wrote:
The people who post here get dumber everyday.

It is better to remain silent and appear foolish then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt?

The people who post here aren't dumb....They just over analyze everything. (Self included) No need to be so harsh.

APEXi
Mar 1, 2007, 03:59 PM
i imagine it's going to be just like pso v.2 as to how you carry your character's over. i mean hell - your characters info is stored on sega's servers afterall, not on a memorycard/vmu/harddrive

edit. typing is horrendous today

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: APEXi on 2007-03-01 13:00 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Mar 1, 2007, 04:08 PM
Why do people state things that aren't even true? I bet tons that the OP heard it from somewhere, and for some unknown reason, began to think the characters were untransferrable.

I've NEVER heard of an Expansion having non-transferrable characters. Never.

Jesus_christ
Mar 1, 2007, 04:13 PM
wtf?will I have to buy the expansion?

Itoshi
Mar 1, 2007, 04:14 PM
On 2007-03-01 13:13, Jesus_christ wrote:

If you want more content.

and it's JESUS from in game. You were ranting over how I became a Fighgunner at lvl 24. o.o

-Ryuki-
Mar 1, 2007, 04:15 PM

If you want it, yeah. Expansions are normally bought, unless you're one of those people who cheat.

omegapirate2k
Mar 1, 2007, 04:15 PM
On 2007-03-01 07:34, Solo_Wing wrote:
A translation of the beta test said you can either start over or you can transfer current charater over to the beta server to play. if its possible to do it on the beta then i see no reason why it wont on the full game.

Dhylec
Mar 1, 2007, 04:20 PM

No, it's free, since it doesn't cost anything to make.

Serisouly, with new content & story, I think it's practically a new game.

Emrald
Mar 1, 2007, 04:28 PM
I just hope PC users can just download it even if there is a fee...i mean for fuck sake I don't wana go out to the store again >_< my parents were complaining how much i was exicted for psu >_<

-Ryuki-
Mar 1, 2007, 04:30 PM
On 2007-03-01 13:28, coolcat33333 wrote:
I just hope PC users can just download it even if there is a fee...i mean for fuck sake I don't wana go out to the store again >_< my parents were complaining how much i was exicted for psu >_<

Being that Sega hasn't ever done that, ever, I don't see why they would, honestly.

Rizen
Mar 1, 2007, 04:32 PM
I just thought about something, about how people might be able to play the expansion without Ep1 disk.

They might make it where if you only buy the expansion disk you can only play the new areas on that disk. And if you decide not to buy the expansion, you can only play the current content.

I think it was FFXI that still allowed you to play the game without the expansion but couldnt go to the new areas etc....not saying that this is FFXI just throwing that reference out there.

Emrald
Mar 1, 2007, 04:33 PM
On 2007-03-01 13:30, RyukiZero wrote:

On 2007-03-01 13:28, coolcat33333 wrote:

Being that Sega hasn't ever done that, ever, I don't see why they would, honestly.

Well there WAS blueburst....but that was a free downloader just a hunters liconce fee

-Ryuki-
Mar 1, 2007, 04:34 PM
FFXI allowed you to go to those places and such, but you couldn't access quests or the new classes. That much, I knew.

kohelhunterR
Mar 1, 2007, 07:01 PM
totally stoked for this i think (i hope) this is what sega meant to do from the get go. I am sorry but the clothes in PSU are gay to say the least.

Kaydin
Mar 1, 2007, 07:10 PM
You guys speculate too much. If Sega made us start over on a so called expansion, they'd lost their entire fan base.

Rashiid
Mar 1, 2007, 07:12 PM
i think that:

360: download it via Marketplace
Ps2: get a disk 2 (like final fantasy games, insert the original, then disk 2)
PC: download it via some website

edit: "Phantasy Star Universe is required to download this expansion"

just like any other game w/ expansions....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-03-01 16:14 ]</font>

VanHalen
Mar 1, 2007, 07:20 PM
I'm pretty sure of it. If not oh well if so more power to me.

-Ryuki-
Mar 1, 2007, 07:52 PM
Expansions never really worked that way, at least, not on PC. Normally, it would require you to have the actual game, and the expansion (as the name says), expands off of that. The only exception to this "rule" is Guild Wars, if their campaigns even count as expansions (being that they're stand-alone games).

Rizen
Mar 1, 2007, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I was hitting on that too as well Ryuki...but I doubt ST has the ability to do that with the current popular...

Rashiid
Mar 1, 2007, 07:58 PM
my roller coaster tycoon requires the original inorder to hav the expansion.

the reason that this is different is because its not an expansion, its a different game.

Expantions = extra downladed content.

-Ryuki-
Mar 1, 2007, 07:59 PM
On 2007-03-01 16:55, Rizen wrote:
Yeah, I was hitting on that too as well Ryuki...but I doubt ST has the ability to do that with the current popular...

You mean doing stand-alone expansions?

Rizen
Mar 1, 2007, 08:19 PM
Yeah >.> Pretty much.

-Ryuki-
Mar 1, 2007, 08:23 PM
I don't see how they'd make it a stand-alone either.

Zero787
Mar 1, 2007, 09:03 PM
On 2007-03-01 16:12, Rashiid wrote:
i think that:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-03-01 16:14 ]</font>

Adding on to this idea for the Ps2 and what other people have said. If its like the final fantasy games then mabye if you do it like stated above (inserting disk 1, then disk 2) it would download some code into your memory card and allows you to access the new stuff but if you don't have the disk you can't. What do you guys think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zero787 on 2007-03-01 18:04 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Mar 2, 2007, 12:38 AM
On 2007-03-01 18:03, Zero787 wrote:

On 2007-03-01 16:12, Rashiid wrote:
i think that:

Adding on to this idea for the Ps2 and what other people have said. If its like the final fantasy games then mabye if you do it like stated above (inserting disk 1, then disk 2) it would download some code into your memory card and allows you to access the new stuff but if you don't have the disk you can't. What do you guys think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zero787 on 2007-03-01 18:04 ]</font>
That wouldn't work at all. Reason being, is because if the data was somehow "gone", or the memory card was lost, you'd no longer be able to play the expansion. Versus a separate disc that you would pop in and play it from there.

Expansions aren't supposed to be stand-alones. I don't see why people keep thinking THIS expansion IS going to be one.

Kimil
Mar 2, 2007, 12:41 AM
On 2007-03-01 08:36, Kimil wrote:
Alright, But How about this, mentioned before BUT PPL IGNORED HIM!(Edit... And now me too):

-Items Tranferable?
-Meseta Transferable?
-Weapons?
-Level?
-PM?
-Room?
-Clothes?

I'm half expecteing Sega to take away our Meseta because of the PS2/PC inflation. And maybe restric us to as many weapons as we can equip?

-Ryuki-
Mar 2, 2007, 12:45 AM
On 2007-03-01 21:41, Kimil wrote:

On 2007-03-01 08:36, Kimil wrote:
Alright, But How about this, mentioned before BUT PPL IGNORED HIM!(Edit... And now me too):

-Items Tranferable?
-Meseta Transferable?
-Weapons?
-Level?
-PM?
-Room?
-Clothes?

Take away the meseta if they must, but leave my levels, PA's, room, AND clothes alone.