PDA

View Full Version : New and Curious

MajinSephirot
Mar 1, 2007, 11:36 AM
Hi there, I'm a long time user of PSOW, first time poster.

I just recently started up an account in PSU and for the most part I have noticed a non existant economy that goes along with a near non existant population. I usually browse every store in search for items I need for synthesis and what not, or weapons all together, but I find myself talking to NPC's mostly because of the uber prices people set in shops.

Do elemental photons honestly sell at 10k/each? That is possibly the lowest price I have seen on a photon inside a store. I won't even bother with materials people sell, it seems that the rule of thumb in stores that have an ad for "cheap" means npc Price * 5. Are there any stores that are even worth going through? It seems that when you just start off you have to fend for yourself until you reach S rank weapons.

Meseta seems to be incredibly scarce to come by, the rate at which I am going, I'm still going to be using C rank weapons and begginner armor at lvl 20 if I want the ability to use a nanoblast. Is there a "get rich quick guide" I can follow somewhere, or some tips of things to sell without creating a shop? (I cant seem to get over 5k, every time a sum of money comes into my possession it gets spent on materials for failing synthesized weapons that normally would follow the success rate that is shown).

Any constructive criticism along with usefull replies are more than welcome.

Dhylec
Mar 1, 2007, 11:39 AM
Welcome, to the board & the game.
If you are on PC/PS2, open up a shop & sell elemetal photons for quick money.

SuperRygar
Mar 1, 2007, 11:40 AM
-get rich quick guide -
play through some C-rank missions and break every box, you want to find as many photons as possible. then when you can afford to buy a store, do that. and sell your photons for 10k. if you have 50 photons, well you can do the math. everybody who's been here for over a month prolly has several million dollars so when they want photons, they just pay whatever you sell them for. that's how you make money

-Rune-
Mar 1, 2007, 11:44 AM
Yea if you are on PS2/PC feel free to drop me a line. I love helping people out. I agree with Sir Dhylec, do a few LL runs and the photons you find sell them for like 5k each. If you put in your ad you have 5k photons I'm sure they'll sell before you get to 10 posts xD If you see character's named Rune, that's me *natch*. I usually play on universe 7.

MajinSephirot
Mar 1, 2007, 11:45 AM
Interesting.... I honestly thought the 10k photons were ripping people off to no extent. If that is the case, is anyone interested in several photons? I could use the money to open up shop. I am indeed on the PC platform.

SuperRygar
Mar 1, 2007, 11:57 AM
you should go to the most popular Universe, and go to the colony 4th floor, and find where all the people are hanging out. and ask ppl for money. whenever i see someone ask for money, i give at least 20k. there are lots of ppl out there who would be more than happy to share their excess wealth. of course there will be dicks who feel the need to flaunt their dickitry and call you a stupid noob for asking for money, but F them right? ^.^

Omega_Weltall
Mar 1, 2007, 12:34 PM
ya the Phonon prices are RETARTED! At first i sold them for no more than 2000 but.. people would just buy them and resell them for 85 kajabillion mesta.

MajinSephirot
Mar 1, 2007, 01:02 PM
Thanks a lot for all the info, greatly appreciate it. I followed the advice, went to second universe and sold 3 ele photons to get enough meseta for a shop. I was lucky and ran into someone very generous, he gave me 200k. Now I opened up a shop and split the money with my 2 friends who started at the same time as me, now we all have shops and new gear http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Many thanks from the three of us.

-Rune-
Mar 1, 2007, 01:42 PM
Wow that's awesome, that's a pretty good experience to start off with. I'm really glad to hear you split it with friends, we need more people like you around http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif If yer on later let's get together and kill some baddies <3

Tsavo
Mar 1, 2007, 01:50 PM
On 2007-03-01 10:02, MajinSephirot wrote:
Thanks a lot for all the info, greatly appreciate it. I followed the advice, went to second universe and sold 3 ele photons to get enough meseta for a shop. I was lucky and ran into someone very generous, he gave me 200k. Now I opened up a shop and split the money with my 2 friends who started at the same time as me, now we all have shops and new gear http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Many thanks from the three of us.

Good on ya mate, glad to hear you all benefited. It really is a shame that none of my RL friends play at the moment, its always lots more fun that way. Let me know what Uni you usually play on and I'd be more than willing to help you out =)

Tengoku
Mar 1, 2007, 06:13 PM
Welcome to the game!

Yes, photons sell for that much, but don't sell all of them. Use the item database and pick which items you want to make for yourself, then gather and save 3 times the materials needed for one synth. Why 3x? Synths have an odd way of failing when you want them to succeed, and succeeding when you couldn't care less. That way you have 3 chances to succeed. Personally, I avoid anything that uses copernia as an ingrediant due to prices, but your mileage may vary.

Sell the rest of the drops and you shouldn't have any issues with cash. You probably won't be rich right away, but the money will come with time played.

Most of all, don't take this thing seriously and have as much fun as you can!

MajinSephirot
Mar 1, 2007, 09:09 PM
Heh thanks alot guys, to be honest when I migrate to other MMO's I expect the community to be geared the same way as the communities I come from. I was taken by surprise with the helpfullness others are willing to offer. Then again it may just be that people on PSOW are just better people to begin with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

As for Universes, we shift from universe to universe, staying where one of us logs onto. We are hard to get a hold of but we always farm Parum.

As for the photons I personally wasted about 20 elemental ones thus far on low end weapons because I could not find the means to afford the ones in the NPC stores/player stores. Had I known in advance about this economy loophole I would not have done so.

The three of us play using random loot on all items including rares (because they call me an item "whore" heh) so we all benefit from every mission equally. I am starting to warm up to the concept of meeting "new" people to have along with us on our outings so if you wish to come with us (we're around 16 at the moment, we just started out) feel free to let me know. Even though we do not hang out on one particular universe we always seem to be on 14, 15 or 16. Hanging out in Parum missions mostly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MajinSephirot on 2007-03-01 18:10 ]</font>

MaximusLight
Mar 2, 2007, 03:10 AM
Hi and welcome, you'll fine that most places are overprice badly because of inflation, my shops tries to sell things close to the NPC shop, but for unique elements there is a small charge 1% of the price is added for each elemental %, but I don't have any low grade weapons anymore, the best I could offer you is some cheap grinders. Sorry.

-Ryuki-
Mar 2, 2007, 03:13 AM
Welcome to the world of PSU!

One thing to learn. Don't complain too much about people on PSU being immature or idiotic. They're everywhere.

And while we're all here to welcome you, be sure to attend the PSOW events that are held ever-so-often. They're a good way to meet people.

Mio
Mar 2, 2007, 03:21 AM
Very warm welcome to PSU! You will find also many nice people to hang out with!

February
Mar 2, 2007, 03:22 AM
On 2007-03-01 08:45, MajinSephirot wrote:
Interesting.... I honestly thought the 10k photons were ripping people off to no extent. If that is the case, is anyone interested in several photons? I could use the money to open up shop. I am indeed on the PC platform.

I can float you a loan if you need. I made a killing on 9* Gear and I barely spend any of my money.I can buy you a shop ticket and maybe give you a little spare for PAs and what not if you'd like.