PDA

View Full Version : Hucaseal (a NON-expansion Topic)

Kimil
Mar 1, 2007, 02:32 PM
Okay, I'm styill concidering switching to the 360 version as ppl know, and I was wondering... How do Female-Cast Fortefighters (HUcaseal) Play?

This Class/Race/gender combo would give the HIGHEST Defence, second Highest HP, Second Attack, best Accuracy, lowest Evade (Very good, because Evade and long melee combos do not mix at all). ONly down side I see is very LOW mst.

Now in theory, HUcaseals are great... but in practice... I don't know.

To anyone who has made a Caseal Fighunner, how does it play? and is the low MST very,. very bad?

Midicronica
Mar 1, 2007, 02:36 PM
Wouldn't female beast have the best DFP? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Akaimizu
Mar 1, 2007, 02:40 PM
I did play a Female Cast Fighter, for a bit. From my experience, it was pretty straight-forward. You're basically a tough-as-nails cuisanart. That was basically my mentality with it. You can almost play them as a hyper active Striking Partner Machine, but with more discretion for the times you need to back off. Good Hitpoints, Tough as Nails Defense. Nice Accurracy, and Power no-one can scoff at.

Sure, Magic hurts, but it would hurt a Human Guntecher nearly as bad, and they don't have anywhere near your Hitpoints. I didn't see any real issues with it. A nice and easy part to play, considering you play warrior-like.

Your enemies will be stuff like Vandas and all who love to group together, turn rather fast, and blow a lot of fire and hot air out of their mouths. But that's the general Hunter/Fighter type enemy. Beast Fortefighters don't like them. And watch out for Technique Combos.

Another small warning. Just because you're tough, doesn't mean you're invincible. There are certain things to avoid, even in Melee. Stuff like Bill De Vear's Tornado spin combo. They can take a Level 64-65 Female Cast Fighter out in one combo, if they don't heal during one. If you're caught between two of those, it can be bye-bye, without help. That is, if they aren't Jellen like a Felon. (A surprisingly good prevention Life Saver against the Tornado Spin combo).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-01 11:47 ]</font>

Kimil
Mar 1, 2007, 02:45 PM
Just what I was Expecting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I know that Forte classes are more or less required on 360, since money MATTERs and ppl want to finnish Bruce runs fast, not having to wait for a human HU or a WT because of your low ATK.

If I do Switch, I'll definately Recreate Chiyoko Ryukunai, stil as a Fembeast Wartecher, just that character will be for fun only, no serious runs. WT is fun, but it's not nearly as effective as a foretefighter.

Aurora Endrea - Caseal Forte-fighter <---- She will be my Main money making http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Akaimizu
Mar 1, 2007, 02:48 PM
Well, the straight Attack Power is ok. It really comes down to Equipment when it comes to fast Bruce Runs and all that stuff. If you have the goods, pretty much any class can ace a Bruce. It's just that some classes get the acquired goods to produce high damage, easier than others.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-01 11:49 ]</font>

Rashiid
Mar 1, 2007, 02:49 PM
well if ur aiming for female, beast would be better (makes more sense)

fortefighter: beast
fighgunner: ppl say Casts (cauz of accuracy)

Natrokos
Mar 1, 2007, 02:51 PM
On 2007-03-01 11:36, Shadow_Moses wrote:
Wouldn't female beast have the best DFP? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Casts have higher DFP
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Akaimizu
Mar 1, 2007, 02:56 PM
Yep. Casts are fantastic with the physical Defense. It's precisely why I use them as an example of why never to underestimate the power of the Bill De Vear Tornado attack. If it can kill a fairly high-level Cast FF, from full health at certain mission levels, it can kill pretty much anybody. It's just that it's very easy to get complacent as a Cast FF. You really do get a bit of an invincibility complex (much like the PMs do), and you have to realize that even you have to back off, at times.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-01 11:58 ]</font>

Rizen
Mar 1, 2007, 02:58 PM
Just a quick statement about your posting style Kimil, the way you post at times comes across as trying spark something (aka comments could be left out or snide comments). Not trying to get on your case, but just trying to tell you so future conflicts don't occur.

Back on topic, any class can do well in hunter really, each having an advantage over others, so any choice is fine. But to answer you question more specifically, yes Caseal hunters are good for all the above as stated, although I disagree with the evp part. People commonly assume that evasion is bad to have because it stops combos. Yes, it is annoying having your combos stopped, but you have to look at the bigger picture. By dodging attacks, you take no damage and potentially can save your life if you are caught up in a situation where your defensive wont save you (examples: Dragon's nasty flame breath, mobbed by Vahra/Vanda-type or any type mob, or stuck getting combo'd, or quiet a few of the HIVE's boss attacks). Also, that life left over from taking that block allows you to take another hit or move out the way. You can also say that it saves in the department of popping mates or forces having to worry about healing you every time you are hit. Moving along to MST...well all I can say is wear your elemental armor, I have seen casts drop quicker than a PT at lv 1 from eatting bartas and foies...>.>;

Anyway... I will stop babbling. You might want to browse the guide section of this forum (where this topic may be moved) for more information about Female Cast hunters. Hope this helped.

Akaimizu
Mar 1, 2007, 03:01 PM
I just wished Evade really worked that way. Especially at Class S. A successful Evade normally holds you right in place so that you never get the opportunity to get out of the way of anything. You are usually stuck there for any and all other attacks, coming your way, to hit you. In fact, most slight stuns from an actual non-critical attack hitting allow me to move faster away from another potential attack.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-01 12:04 ]</font>

Kimil
Mar 1, 2007, 03:08 PM
On 2007-03-01 11:58, Rizen wrote:
Just a quick statement about your posting style Kimil, the way you post at times comes across as trying spark something (aka comments could be left out or snide comments). Not trying to get on your case, but just trying to tell you so future conflicts don't occur.

I don't notice that O_o

Sry if I do... Its usually not intentional.

Rizen
Mar 1, 2007, 03:11 PM
Most people dont http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But anyway, I should have just PM'd it.

Oh and search caseal in guide. I think there was a post recently about something similar a short time ago.

Kimil
Mar 1, 2007, 05:36 PM
Lol, I never check my PMs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 1, 2007, 05:51 PM
go ahead and pick female CAST fortefighter. I mean, there aren't enough CAST Fortefighters anyway. and CASTs have better defense than Beasts, but beasts have better HP, and males have lower evasion. and I agree wtih Rizen, evasion is a good thing for Hunters.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 1, 2007, 05:52 PM
I think another reason why Caseal ForteFighter is so effective is the SUV weapons - Forte-types lack ranged weapon options, and have a tough time inflicting status.

Andriods suffer less from this problem as SUVs count as ranged attacks, AND SUVs tend to inflict status.

As a side note, Caseal ForteFighter ATA is higher than beast **FiGunner**, making the Axe a great option for them.

Jasam
Mar 1, 2007, 07:25 PM
Caseal ForteFighter would be able to take the most physical damage of any class.
Despite the female bonus, your MST will be almost 0, so techs will still hurt a LOT.
Your ATA would be quite high, same with STP, although a BEAST will probably still outdamage you by a sugnificant amount.

Later on, when we get level 100+ monsters, we will probably see how important def/hp/evade is... We could easly end up with a situation where, certain HP values being too low to survive, certain hp/def being to high/low to cuase the enermys to attack you a lot more/less rapidly, and evade being either usleass/harmful/godly....

Finae
Mar 1, 2007, 07:46 PM
Meh, I ain't a evasion fan. More like defense. Get yourself some high elemental % armor and monsters do very little damage to you. Thats just how I am, I like getting hit and hate evading.

Cast F FF is ok, but I still prefer male beast over it. When it comes to pure damage, a beast will win. Cast F at 70/10 has 698 atp while a beast has 808. Give each the best equips and beast still win when it comes to pure damage.

Sure, cast F has the best defense (202) while a beast male has (186), but I prefer the HP over the defense. A male beast would have 2376 hp while a cast f would have 2089. Sure, if you want the best of the best defense, a cast female is the best at it, but don't think its a big stat difference between a male beast and cast female. Now if we compared a newman.........well I'll just laugh lol.

Beast should have the lowest evp, but I like how my cast has crap evasion.

Now the ata difference.....a beast male has 204 ata while a cast f would have 263. Big difference there. Despite a beast's ata issues, I have no problems hitting. If I have a mage with me, lvl 21+ ata buff + hard/hit charge for those evasive hungry mobs. Hard/hit charge isn't necessary, but it does help. So sure, a cast could equip hard/power charge and be fine probably. If you equip a solid/power S, a beast beats you in ata lol.

MST....its not that of a huge difference and I don't remember the values off the top of my head. I just know due to the amount of hp my cast has, she cannot take as many hits from the foie of death from the Sorcerers in the Hive as my beast can. My beast can take about 4-5 hits before I have to use a mate.

Lastly, Nanoblast vs SUV. Thats up to you. If this was beast or cast vs human/newman, I'd say cast or beast since well.......humans/newmans have nothing but crea weapons lol. Both are effective no doubt, just that as a beast, you are probably the #1 meat shield at that time so you're going to need someone to cure you lol. A SUV is good for areas with a lot of mobs, but if its just one-two mobs, miniboss, boss, w/e, I prefer nanoblast.

In conclusion, Cast F FF is fine. You have the best defense, ata, and crap eva (thats a plus for me), decent atp. You got SUVs also. If you're all about dishing out the most damage you can, a beast M FF will do it. My beast male can do about 3k damage crit with axe pa (second one) on s rank hive mobs/other s rank mobs while my cast female did about 2200-2500. If we were talking about a Cast M, I wouldn't complain about the atp difference, but I just didn't like my damage potential on my cast F. So for me, I prefer a beast male FF over cast female, but thats just me.

But once again, equipment plays a big factor in how well you preform. Your base stats play a role, but not as big of a role as the %s on your weapons/armors are along with units and whatnot. So you can outperform any race with the best of the best equipment, but the same goes with a beast male if he had the same exact equipment lol.

Oh and I will say a human male comes close to dealing just as much damage as a cast female since their atp would be 668 vs 698. Their defense blows though (169).