PDA

View Full Version : GameGuard.

DonRoyale
Mar 1, 2007, 09:04 PM
Look, now this wouldn't be the first time it's happened to me (more like the fifth or sixth. I've honestly lost count), but this is really starting to build dislike on me, and is pushing me to even begin considering retiring from PSU. (Like I'd have anything to do, so that's out of the question. Still...)

GameGuard never fails to FUCK ME OVER. Every week or two, it's "Error, close anything that might conflict"

Now, having taken this error this many times, usually I'd be used to it. But it's not as much the fact that it's happening so much, but that Sega is neither doing anything to fix it fast enough (should be done the day it happens if they don't want people quitting like crazy. The first time it happened was bad enough), nor are they doing anything to stop this permanently (which is even worse, because it's usually the same thing. They just keep fucking up and don't PERMANENTLY stop this. They keep updating GG, but every time they do, they cause this error, and wait another week to fix it instead of doing something about it to prevent it. Coincidence? You decide.)

Still, this has been the worst of it. I doubt it'll get any better from here, but Sega, really, you're just being sad now. If you want customers, pull your heads out of your asses and stop this from happening.

(Now, I do feel kinda...bandwagon, in a way, for insulting Sega. But still, it's hard not to, because really, as much as I like Sega, I'm not going to deny that they're a bunch of idiots.)

KodiaX987
Mar 1, 2007, 09:41 PM
Sega doesn't make GameGuard. It's nProtect. The only thing Sega can do is either use it or not use it.

Punkbuster has roughly the same issues: people getting PB-kicked for no reason or getting false positives on hardware bans etc. Whether the stuff works on your computer nicely or not is pure dumb luck.

DonRoyale
Mar 1, 2007, 09:54 PM
On 2007-03-01 18:41, KodiaX987 wrote:
Whether the stuff works on your computer nicely or not is pure dumb luck.

Well, then that further proves that Lady Luck is an insulting whore that hates me and gets a kick out of pissing on me. >.>

(I've seriously had that mentality ever since I started collecting trading cards. I'll find a way to fuck over Lady Luck again. I usually do >=D)

PJ
Mar 1, 2007, 11:16 PM
I seriously think it's just your computer, and is of no fault on Segas/nProtects part. No matter what I'm doing, when I log onto PSU PC, it ALWAYS works XD

I use to get that error a lot for PSO BB though, and all I'd do was restart when it said that error, and it worked. You crazy Double Sing hooligan http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DonRoyale
Mar 2, 2007, 06:40 PM
And, on the day of the update, IT'S STILL NOT WORKING.

>:C

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 2, 2007, 06:48 PM
Why not quit PSU?

Don't F' around and threaten to quit. Just do it. I did >_>

DonRoyale
Mar 2, 2007, 06:52 PM
Quit turning this into a weak attempt to turn me back to PSOBB. D=

I love PSU too much. I just FUCKING HATE GAMEGUARD

Palefire
Mar 4, 2007, 03:03 AM
On 2007-03-02 15:52, DonRoyale wrote:
Quit turning this into a weak attempt to turn me back to PSOBB. D=

I love PSU too much. I just FUCKING HATE GAMEGUARD

So much WORD. PSU is, without a doubt, the best MMO I've ever played. (CoH comes a close second) But GameGuard sucks like nothing else. It isn't worth quitting PSU just because an ineffective third-party programme bites. ST just needs to understand that saving a few coins on GG simply isn't worth unhappy customers.

EphekZ
Mar 4, 2007, 03:42 AM
That's like a 1/100 problem right there..

SpikeOtacon
Mar 4, 2007, 01:34 PM
In the past week, Gameguard has caused my computer to shut down at least 4 times because I went to change my playlist on Winamp with the PSU window sitting in the background for a few seconds.

Yeah, Gameguard sucks.

DonRoyale
Mar 10, 2007, 04:58 PM
Three weeks after this problem came up, it's STILL THERE.

GameGuard is STILL not working for me, and it's really starting to make me consider quitting until I get it working again.

They had BETTER fix it soon. >.>

Tomoki
Mar 10, 2007, 05:15 PM
Hah. I had that error for a good four months while playing a bunch of different games. I got so mad because it wouldn't go away no matter what I tried, and I was playing for a few of the games I couldn't access.

Solution (for me anyways http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif): Get AVG, do a deep virus scan. Very deep. Do NOT use NOD32, it will miss the file-thing that causes the problem (again, that was for me. I did like 5 scans with it and nothing happened.) The moment I finished the AVG scan, I was able to play all my games again! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif