PDA

View Full Version : Version Change Question

Sakaragi
Mar 2, 2007, 12:44 AM
I might defect to the 360 version, but I'm uninformed how to do this. I went to the pay site, and it asked me which version I had, and there was no 360 option. I haven't bought the 360 version yet but planning to. So here's my list of questions:

Could I log into my old account whilst on the 360?

If not, do I pay online from live?

Is the lag better seeing as its on a more powerful system?

If any other noticeable differences between the two versions could be brought to my attention that would be most appreciated.

EspioKaos
Mar 2, 2007, 12:58 AM
If you switch over to the 360 version, you will not be able to carry your current character data over. You'll have to start from scratch.

DurakkenX
Mar 2, 2007, 02:01 AM
well i just DLed the demo of it and played for a few moments...

A few quick observations....

360 looks far better than PS2 ver and better than a middle range PC
The voice chat...all i heard was static and some idiot eating chips v.v
The players on the 360 server is also not running only one mission...Seriously on PS2 is at Hive, De ragnus, or De ragon and almost nothing else

How do you pay... as far as i can tell you don't have to buy the disc for the online play part. Just DL the game and you pay via xbox live. I wish PC had this option but whatever... MS and SoJ is smarter than SoA.

I didn't get any lag, but i bet there is...i played only a few rounds of LL and most of the time lag doesn't happen there.

I'd be careful about getting it though for 360 if you can't stand the shoulder buttons like me. Those things hurt my hands so quick that I wouldn't be able to play it as long as I'd like because you have to constantly use the shoulders and there is no way to change this

Asuri
Mar 2, 2007, 02:02 AM
you need to go to downloads, the memberships

Midicronica
Mar 2, 2007, 02:04 AM
^What the hell are you talking about? The PC is the version where you don't have to buy the disc.. For the Xbox360 version you have to by disc and in order to play online you have to purchase a Guardians License via Xbox Live Market Place.

And I hope you get used to your Xbox360 controller, I was like that when I first switched from regular Xbox to the 360.

DurakkenX
Mar 2, 2007, 02:11 AM
legitimately you don't have to buy the disc for NA/JP 360 nor JP PC ver... NA PC and PS2 legally you have to unless there is a DL on the site that i am unaware of that they added and PSOW missed posting this information up.

the 360 controller is bad on the hands is really poorly developed for certain people's hands. If I use those shoulder buttons for any length of time or continuously need to use them my hands will start hurting and it lasts a number of days. They should have just expanded the right side and added 2 extra buttons instead of having badly placed triggers

A2K
Mar 2, 2007, 02:47 AM
The downloadable version of PSU available on the Marketplace is a demo only and connects to demo servers, which only have a handful of missions available (Moatoob is still closed), no advanced types, and a level cap of 30.

ACH
Mar 2, 2007, 06:04 AM
Is there a cap on the class levels? I'm thinking of buying a 360 some time soon and it'd be nice if I could play to level 30 and get all basic classes to 5 so I could just switch to PT as soon as I get the game. Also what levels are availabe? I guess the two Linerar Line missions are and Mad Creatures. But is De Ragan available and what stuff on Neu is available? And what dificulty levels are there? Up to A?

hainsaw3
Mar 2, 2007, 07:05 AM
Demo characters can't switch to regular servers....

ACH
Mar 2, 2007, 07:28 AM
Wow

JAFO22000
Mar 2, 2007, 12:29 PM
Wow, this thread is full of things that I believe are being misconstured. Here are the facts:

There is a DEMO version of the game available for download via Xbox Live Marketplace (XLM). I am unsure whether the demo is still on going, but if it is I would suggest that you download this first and play it for at least a couple of hours to see if you like it on this version. Keep in mind this is on a demo that is available for download. This demo is free to dl and play, but it has limited areas open to explore

If you do like the demo and feel you want to switch, then you will have to buy a copy of the game. If you want to play online via XBL, you will also have to purchase a Guardian's License from XLM. Once you have purchased your GL, you will be able to connect online via XBL to play the full version with all of the other 360 players.

As for the lag/slowdown, there is some on the 360 version. I can't compare it to the PC/PS2 as I have not played that version of the game, but the lag/slowdown on the 360 is not a "deal breaker" i.e. it does not affect gameplay enough to be considered a detraction.

As for the controller, again when playing the demo, get a feel for the controller. If you don't like it, perhaps you may purchase a 3rd party alternative. I recommend using your middle fingers on the triggers and your ring fingers for the bumpers. This is how I use the controller and I have never cramped up one. Then again, I can't use the PS2 default controller without cramping up. I have hands on the larger side, so maybe that's why I have no problem with the 360 controller? BTW, the original Xbox controller (the DUKE!!) was my favorite controller of all time.

McLaughlin
Mar 2, 2007, 12:33 PM
The Duke was awesome. I use my index fingers for the bumpers, and my middle fingers for the triggers. I've never had a problem.

The Demo is still going, but you cannot carry over your demo character to the retail version. You buy your Guardian's License in the Xbox Live Marketplace, as JAFO said.

Don't worry about the "Interrupt Error." It's just a bug. You need to Disconnect (not Retry) and try again. Eventually you'll get through.

Itchee
Mar 2, 2007, 12:36 PM
The demo is still available on Xbox Live.
Slowdown is negligible on 360. Sure, it happens every now and then, but it looks pretty as all hell....especially in HD.

Sychosis
Mar 2, 2007, 12:37 PM
The Duke WAS awesome. R.I.P.

I have gorilla hands apparently and my two index fingers cover both the bumper and trigger for each side of the controller :/

Sakaragi
Mar 2, 2007, 04:54 PM
Well, I tried the demo and I like it. It runs smoooooooth. Also it may be just me but it seems to have less lag, and stuff like that. The controller is no problem because I've played COD3 marathons spamming ammo spawn...

Other than that the only problem was the stalkers, and them being able to mail me, but i guess that's just because free servers probably have more immature people, and what I get for playing at 4 in the morning with the stoners.

One more question regarding the economy of 360...

Could I still sell photons for 10-15k? Or is the only reason they pay for that on ps2 because of meseta hax?

Sychosis
Mar 2, 2007, 04:59 PM
It's all due to haxeta, the absolute most I have ever sold a photon for was 100. That's 100, not 100k. 100.

Sakaragi
Mar 2, 2007, 05:02 PM
I mean ray-photon and the like, not including regulars.

RonzeruALPHA
Mar 2, 2007, 05:02 PM
Heh sup Nyasia. Guess who's back.

Sychosis
Mar 2, 2007, 05:03 PM
Yes. 100. For a ray photon.

100 meseta.

EDIT: Most elemental photons in my shop don't sell until they hit the 20 mark.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-03-02 14:03 ]</font>

Sakaragi
Mar 2, 2007, 05:04 PM
Hmmm.... so the prices are actually reasonable. That's almost depressing for a shop owner...

Sychosis
Mar 2, 2007, 05:06 PM
Those are just my prices. Don't quote me on that being the norm for all shops. But you are not going to get anywhere near PC/PS2 prices.

Sakaragi
Mar 2, 2007, 05:13 PM
i know, but it really doesn't make sense. ray photons are harder to come by than a couple hundred meseta unless you repeatedly do LL runs.

Sychosis
Mar 2, 2007, 05:16 PM
Well the larger population leads to an overall greater number on the market. Additionally, the smaller amount of meseta available means not everyone can go synth happy and cook up stack after stack of armors and hunter weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-03-02 14:16 ]</font>

Sakaragi
Mar 2, 2007, 05:22 PM
Ok, I just have one more question. What then leads to a successful shop? taking shop-type items and selling them under regular price? I'd like to make money, but I do appreciate a realistic challenge in a shop rather than finding 2 million haxeta after a week.

BTW, thanks for your information and help so far.

Eliash
Mar 2, 2007, 05:24 PM
You may be able to get away with selling Ray Photons for 500, but that is as high as I think you'll be able to get for them. At that price they may actually sit there for a while before selling.

EDIT: For making money in a shop you may want to sell materials in synthing items. Things like kerseline and vestaline will get you about 2k-4k respectively.

Bruce is definatly one of the more popular ways to make money. If you can find a market where there is little supply and decent demand you could make a few spare meseta there too. There are fewer Range/Tech PMs available so lower supply on the ranger/force weapons, however, if you have good luck maybe a 50% element 6-9* weapon can get you around 300-1.5 mil.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-03-02 14:29 ]</font>