PDA

View Full Version : (10) grinded vs 50pct Elemental ? any thoughts ?

gammik
Mar 2, 2007, 01:04 AM
I have some 50pct , 9* twin daggers that I made on my PM, & I love to grind, but I wouldn't dare grind them past 1 or 2 even. But after some thinking, if "A" grinders are released tomorrow, if you grind a weap to (10), with no elemental on it, & have the same weap with say 50pct light, which will do more damage to a dark mob ? Is elemental pcts better than grinds ? I would think so, but I honestly have never tested this out. anyone in the know here ? thanks for any input

Gammik

Kimil
Mar 2, 2007, 01:13 AM
I say, Keep the 50% light twin dagger, just as it is now. Why?
the higher the rank, the worse the grind. For that 10 grind none-elemental to match up to those daggers, it would have to gain A LOT of atp, which it will never do

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 2, 2007, 01:19 AM
I would say elements would have a better effect against elementally-weak monsters. But theres a certain limit to their damage compared to a grinded weapon.

For example: A rank in S modes
you may be doing 600s on a mob with a 50% weapon ungrinded, but will probably do a 750s with a neutral +10

But if you were to grind that 50%, its bound to do way more than a neutral one against the elementally-weak mob.

I would suggest slowly grinding the weapon when you feel as though it needs a boost. But dont become greedy in grinding it. Once it feels like you're just "cheating the system in the grinding system for having such a success in 1 grind", just step back from grinding any further until next time. I garantee you will come out more happy ;3~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-03-01 22:23 ]</font>

Kimil
Mar 2, 2007, 01:24 AM
... Until that 50% Wep BRAKES. Then you are left with neither.

Just Hold onto the elementary strengh. Only Grind replacable weps. 50% Elemental is presious

PMB960
Mar 2, 2007, 01:46 AM
I say if you manage to get another 50% or can easily obtain one then go ahead and grind. I really only grind when I can afford it or have back-ups just in case. Then grinded one may be better but as Kimil said you could be left with neither one.

gammik
Mar 2, 2007, 02:01 AM
thanks for all the input guys , I will be grinding to (1) if "A" boards are released

imfanboy
Mar 2, 2007, 02:21 AM
I wouldn't even do THAT.

1) Daggers get 1, at most 2, ATP per grind on B and A ranks. They are not good grind-risks.

2) You need at least a Grinder A +5 with 3 luck to get a "No chance of failure"

3) Even on no chance of failure, you can STILL break it.

Look man. You rolled the dice once and got an awesome weapon. I'd just stay with what you have. It'd be like having a straight flush of 9-10-J-Q-K and ditching the 9 just on the off chance of getting an ace - in other words, NOT WORTH IT.

Grinding and synthing are both gambles. In gambling, you should know when to walk away with what you've won instead of betting it all again and then losing.

Carbinne
Mar 2, 2007, 02:37 AM
Grinding a 50% elemental weapon = laffo. Feel free to post about the results if you get around to breaking your 50% 9* on your first grind. I promise I'll get a good chuckle out of it. Either that or I'll just shake my head in disgust, depends on how I'm feeling at the time.

That said you'll PROBABLY succeed going to 1 or 2. Of course if you break it (which you probably may!) we will be here to laugh at your misfortune!

Probably the only A rank elemental weapons worth grinding are some of those store-buyable Rapiers and Claws that come factory fresh with 29% ice and 34-35% dark, you can always get a replacement. Not that the dark claws are important since nobody goes to anywhere besides De Ragan or HIVE (maybe some ppl go to Denes Lake RELICS to get pwnd by De Ragnus, their funeral) ...